Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Campaign Imynusoph Run: Taris-Ord Thoden

TARIS
Jerec Asyr Jerec Asyr Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser Gren Blidh Gren Blidh Milla Kryst Milla Kryst Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei Aeson Keel Aeson Keel

"We are here for the penultimate leg of the first inaugural Imynusoph Run!" Aeshi said into the holocam over the cheers of the crowd. "This leg and the final stretch are the last two chances for the lagging racers to make up their lead. At this point, there's less than a twenty-hour gap between the lead racers and those near the rear."

She paused for emphasis as the crowd around her waved and cheered. They were in one of the main Taris spaceports on the upper levels of the city. A very urban world, it was the last stop before the long leg that ran up along the border between the New Imperial Order and the Sith Empire. While the previous leg had darted along a multitude of intergalactic borders, this one was running just behind the front lines.

"While twenty hours sounds like a lot, with this leg running along what has become a war zone, anything can happen. And in the final leg, that will be truly wild space along much of the length of the Tingel Arm, back behind the far border of the Sith Empire and their splinter governments. That leaves plenty of time for some folks to play catch-up, with some luck on their part."

While there were celebrations and revelries going on, they were more subdued than at Carida, given their rather precarious position and the uncertainty of flying through NIO territory, which had not spread that far when the race had been arranged. She'd heard rumors that several groups were planning on using the race as a basis to stage protests against the NIO-GA alliance. She didn't mind it, certainly, she'd be seeding the entire route with Underground relays if she were going that way. But it did make the situation rather precarious. Spacers were not known for their compatibility with imperial regimes.

"But for now, this is the last mostly secure leg of the race! After Ord Thoden, it will be true wild territory to travel through!"

She let the commentary die down and stepped away to where the ships awaited on their line. All around, neon signs began the ten minute countdown.

"Racers, prepare your engines!" The crowd yelled as they chanted out the minutes as they crept past. When the horn sounded, the racers would be free to launch.

Gluk, Stock, and Two Smoking Lasers
CAPTAIN'S LOG
S.S. INFINITY'S FREE

ENTRY//I was expecting trouble passing through the Mando Union, or heading up the Braxant through the second nastiest war zone in the galaxy. That all went fine. The problem was the last tiny bit of Alliance space. Some dick ran the Free's codes and I guess I got flagged for being at a completely legal anti-Jedi protest a few years ago on Coruscant. So now I guess I'm a Sith spy. Spectacular. I'm glad the Free has great legs for a bulk freighter - I lost the chase fighters at the Mando border. SIX HOURS. So much for my odds of catching up with Starchaser on this leg.

ENTRY//Got a little unwise and started tinkering with the hyperdrive en route. Quekko was smiling down on me. Shaved three hours off and maxed out at point-one-two. First real exhilaration yet.

ENTRY//Made it to Ord Thoden in 23 hours, worse than I'd hoped but a lot better than it could've been. Took on passengers - friends of friends, pro-democracy activists who've been keeping their heads down since COMPNOR came to town. I was clear with them that we won't be seeing safe space for quite a while, but they took the ride regardless. Got a bead on them with the Force and they're not hiding anything. Muk and I found a couple of homing beacons and did a full sweep. I'm having regrets. Part of that is probably just passing Orinackra - I've spent time in lockup there. Not my favorite memories.

Cuan had been the one to do the shore leave on this one, checking in on a few of the other pilots. Meanwhile, Coren had been spending the time plotting, checking his Jedi Compass, and recording another entry to the holocron and sending a report to the Underground, a number of things that he tended to do one his travels. Being part of the galactic war this long was not always fun or easy. But as soon as his co-pilot arrived, he nodded.

“Anything else we need to add to the reports?”
Cuan Kunn was a part of the Underground as well.

<<Nothing that I can think of, boss>>.
The Sullustan nodded, a few bottles of the local specialty an the pilot went off to work on the pre-flight.

In the line up for the start, Coren was already behind the controls, watching. “We have a 20 hour trip ahead of us team. Got the ship set up, we’ll be there in no time.” The Jedi smiled as he saw the lights change and the ship jumped forward at the go. A quick move to the jump point from Taris and they’d be on the Braxant Run.

Log Entry: Well, we’re already entering Ord Thoden. I can’t really even think of anything that went wrong. The trip was smooth and uneventful. Cuan seems to think its my doing, but he’s also worried about the final leg becoming trouble. I told him to knock wood. I need to check on the other racers when we get in. Morellia… its going to be some trailblazing. Hopefully the Force with help out.

Milla Kryst

Might Just Change Your Life
Being the shut-in that Scar was, it became yet another benefit for them. At this point, everyone would think they were a bore at parties, but Scar was looking at the big picture. No drinks, no hanging out at the cantina, not even leaving the ship except for fuel, and then, even barely. Trying to do all the transactions from inside the ship. Not only being cautious, but utilizing their time to work on their ship and keep it working. If anything, Scar had no reason not to keep a brand new ship clean. CorreliSpace really outdid themselves with this beast, of course she had to fiddle with the hyperdrive, but it's really showed its true colors after that little fiddle. It's gotten Scar this far, and Scar actually has caught up with the others. It was mostly another autopilot moment, resting while the droids took care of any immediate need of maintenance.

Better yet, it turns out there was a lot of military activity later down the route where Scar was. Now, for Scar, this wasn't the most exciting. Scar still had a price on their skull, but it seemed the patrols were looking for other things - probably pirates or marauders, they always seem to cause the most trouble in sectors. Scar wasn't known for doing any pillaging or mass enslavement, just underhanded deals and other individual illegal activity. While this made Scar sink back in their seat, it did mean the route was far less busy than usual. Which meant all the benefits Scar could ever think! Scar made better time than they ever had before!

The race took an expected total of 20 hours, however, since there was a higher military patrol presence, the hyperlanes were less busy. This cut the trip down to 17 hours.

The Somberlane
Captain's Log
Taris - Ord Thoden

Entry 1
Everything operating at 100% capacity and the hyperlanes are clear today. We again encountered a group of adoring fans, this time in the form of a bulk freighter passing through. They recognized us as being involved in the Run and gifted us with a complete navigational scan of the route ahead. Thanks to them we will be arriving four hours ahead of schedule. I should have made more PR appearances before Carida. It seems to be doing wonders.

Entry 2
Nothing new to report. We will be arriving at Ord Thoden at the 16-hour mark, making great time. My public appearances have won the adoration of many across the galaxy, though Sidra Ater remains elusive. I thought after that fourth cocktail back on Taris she was sure to pour out her true feelings for me and we'd make a night of it. Unfortunately it seems to have had the opposite effect, and I had to shuttle her out of the bar before she picked an unnecessary fight with a Shistavanen. I like her firecracker attitude, but we have a race to win. Regardless, we touch down on Ord Thoden within the hour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom