Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Imperial Marines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galactic_marine.jpg

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20051105040321/starwars/images/c/ce/Galactic_marine.jpg

Name: Imperial Marines, Galactic Marines, Imperial Galactic Marines, 21st Nova Corps

Intent: I am making this unit to be under the command of Vi'kas Mirtis for Black Ops purposes (And to add a group of companions for RPing)

Affiliation: Vi'kas Mirtis, and through him, the One Sith

Availability: Unique

Type: Recon, Infantry, Black Ops

Strength: 150 total

Description: The Imperial Galactic Marines were a special operations unit of the clone troopers, led by Marshal Bacara. They killed Ki-Adi-Mundi during Order 66. Vi'kas came across stories of them in an old text he was reading, and was immediately captivated by it. He began to research them further, and enjoyed to stories of what the unit had done. He went to Coruscant for some training a few weeks later. While he was there, he put out an order for the best of the best. He took them, and shaped them into deadly weapons. Unsurprisingly, he named this elite fighting force after the original Marines. After hearing stories of these elite fighters, Vi'kas found it unacceptable that they were no longer around. He then named the unit he was creating after these commandos, and ordered their standard-issue armor to yet again be produced, exclusively for them. Therefore, the legendary Galactic Marines were reborn.

Equipment:
  • Ships and Vehicles to be designed soon. All Vehicles were lost after Order 66
  • DC-15A Blaster Rifle (Canon)
  • WESTAR-M5 Blaster Rifle (Canon)
  • Specialized Maroon and White Body Armor (Canon)
  • Specialized Synthmesh Facial Visor (Canon)
  • Vibroblade
Divided into 5 platoons of 25, remaining 25 people are command and staff.

1st platoon: Pilots, Drivers
2nd platoon: Mechanics, Medics, Comm, Forward Vehicle control
3rd platoon: (Elite) Snipers, Stealth, Infiltration, Recon
4th platoon: Ordnance, Artillery, Heavy Infantry, Gunners
5th Platoon: Regular Infantry, Motorized Infantry

Vi'kas Mirtis said:
They killed Ki-Adi-Mundi during Order 66.
@Vi'kas Mirtis - First off, are you aware that the site its set in 840 aby? About eight hundred and seventy years or so after the clone wars? This sub may need to be edited a bit. :p

@Vi'kas Mirtis - Yeah, eight hundred year old clones would be that way. :p

I don't really like these guys being descendants of the particular clones who killed Ki-Adi-Mundi. Tha'ts dangerously close to the 'You can't be related to a canon character' rule.

(And i'm not 100% sure if the clone troopers could breed because of how they were biologically engineered and sped along, but i'll look that up.)

[member="Mrrew"]
I believe they can breed, as there was a clone wars episode where it happened, though it was between a Twi'lek and a clone. These people are not direct descendants of these men, as they have interbred with others over time. I just thought it would make for an interesting story. However, if it is still too close for comfort, I will change it if you wish.

@Vi'kas MirtisYeah I couldn't find anything one way or another as far as breeding goes. As long as they are not direct descendants, then I'm fine with it. However, why did this troop go to this snow planet? Why did they not become part of the stormtroopers after order 66?

Also if they're using 800 year old equipment.. Well they woudln't be very effective. And most of their equipment would be broken.

[member="Mrrew"]
The snowy planet that they were on was the same one that Ki-Adi-Mundi and a few other other jedi were killed on (Hunted by the marines). After this, I found no record of them really doing anything else, or joining the stormtroopers. It was possible that some were present as Honor Guards for the Empire Day parade, but that was it. Not sure what their reasons were for not joining the rest of the stormtroopers, so I said I found their distant ancestors on the planet of their last mission. As far as their equipment goes, new sets will be made based off of the original design. Same thing, but newer.

I believe he died on Mygeeto, so you might want to look that up. That's the 'snowy planet' you're referring to. As for joning the stormtroopers, almost all the clone troopers did as they were literally programmed to, I'd be fine with a few of them sticking back and staying on Mygeeto I suppose, but not 150. Sorry man- using people for canon, or descendants of them, are a tricky subject.

@Vi'kas Mirtis
(Also for tags to work for you I believe you need to remove the apostrophe from your name. :p)

[member="Mrrew"]
Yeah, I'm going to need to remove that apostrophe. And not all 150 were found in the village. Vi'kas brought some men back with him (about 20 or 30), and they became Imperial troopers. When he put out an order for elite people, a few of the people he was given were people he found on that planet.

Vi'kas Mirtis said:
This interested him, and he offered to take the best men to Coruscant for stormtrooper training. While he was there, he put out an order for the best of the best. He took them, and shaped them into deadly weapons. Unsurprisingly, many of these Marines were some of the men he had brought back from that distant wintery planet

Fair enough. Any particular reason they were in a village in the middle of nowhere rather then one of the many cities of the planet? Mygeeto is an extremely rich planet, banking clan 'n all.

And i'd like if you changed the name of the unit, if possible, of gave a good reason why they're named after a unit that no longer exists. :p Since your soldiers arne't the same ones, or even mostly descendants of the same ones, who made up the original Galactic Marines.

After that I think you're good to go.

k, edit 'distant winter planet' to Mygeeto if you would.

Who's producing this equipment? For equipment on this scale you'll need a company to produce it. (I'd look into one of the many companies under One Sith control)

@Vi'kas Mirtis - Your company says it rarely does mass production, and as a Tier 1 i'm not sure you'd have the capbilities to produce all that on a scale for this without using a third-person factory accordding to what your factory sub says. But if you like I can ask the factory judges.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

[member="Mrrew"]
Don't think I would need to mass-produce the armor, as there is only a company of 150 In would need to provide it for, though backup sets need to be accounted for. I'm not sure about how production scales work, but I will PM a judge and ask them what scale would be good for what I have in mind. Otherwise, is everything else fine?

[member="Mrrew"]
Ok, I asked an Admin and they said it would be Minor production, but I can double-check with a FJ if you want. Otherwise, Mystic Tekk can minor-produce the items. (Plus custom-make some things further down the road)

Nope, admin's approval is good. Everything else looks good. I still dont particularly like them being related to Ki adi mundi's killers, or at least some of them, but it should be fine. So as long as the secondary approval stamp dosen' find anything wrong with it, you're good to go. :D
Approved, pending secondary.

@Vi'kas Mirtis
I'm sorry, but I'm not okay with this. The amount of coincidences which need to have happened here are just too many to list.

It'd be like coming across descendants of Thomas Beckett's murderers living in the same place in England 800 years later. How practical is that?

Please remove that. He can name them after that unit, even dress them the same, but they're not descended from those clones. That pushes the bounds of disbelief too far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom