Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Imperial Knight Spacesuit

Zrs'fes

Z
Helmet Suit
gallery_1_188_27631.jpg
kieranarmor.jpg

(source) (source)

Intent: To create a Space suit for Imperial Knight pilots of the Fel Imperium.
Dev Thread: N/A will add if needed
Manufacturer: Bugnology R&M
Model: N/A
Affiliation: Fel Imperium, can be sold to others as well.
Modularity: Yes
Production: Mass-Produced
Material: Plexalloy and Agrinium-Durasteel alloy
Description:
The suit was designed to protect the wearer when he/she is in outer space. The Armor has more armor plates than the original Imperial Knight armor and is completely airtight-sealed. It includes a couple of oxygen tanks that provide oxygen for at least 4 hours. This was invented and built after a request from one of the Imperial Knights who also was a starfighter pilot in the Fel Imperium. The reason for his request was that he felt the pilots needed some sort of protection when they are in space.

Classification: Spacesuit
Weight: 11 kg
Quality: 9 against radiation, 3 against Blasters
Other Features:
-
Live support systems
- Oxygen tanks (4 hours)

I'm not sure if replies go here, so forgive me if they don't. But wouldn't it make sense to have the Imperial Knight general armour an airtight variant so that should any need it, all of the Imperial Knights can just stick a helmet on and be protected in space?

For example: a breach in a hull, instead of having to get changed out of already-worn armour, the IK just pull a helmet and oxygen tanks on and be fine for a couple of hours?

Zrs'fes

Z
1st, I can do a helmet as well if you want.
2nd It's always good to have a suit that specializes on something. This one for instance is good for Knights that specialize in spaceship combat and for missions that require a Knight to go onto a planet that has a type 3 or 4 atmosphere.

Zrs'fes

Z
Energy shields would require an energy source. The Agrinium already shields the wearer of any radiation and if the Starfighter gets hit by an enemy and explodes, well, not even a personal shield could probably withstand that.

Zrs'fes said:
not even a personal shield could probably withstand that.
That would be a negative charlie-one,
Zrs'fes said:
2nd It's always good to have a suit that specializes on something. This one for instance is good for Knights that specialize in spaceship combat and for missions that require a Knight to go onto a planet that has a type 3 or 4 atmosphere.
I very much like your thinking, but it would be impracticable. I would say just make a Helmet to be worn with the already ready cannon armor and have it be fitted for all environments. and by all I mean ALL, includes water! It would cost less for the Fel, to make a helmet already with armor that would be worn all the time, and be fitted to the armor, rather than create an entirely new suit just so you can survive in space.
Voroll Dey Astaar said:
For example: a breach in a hull, instead of having to get changed out of already-worn armour, the IK just pull a helmet and oxygen tanks on and be fine for a couple of hours?
This would be much easier, and more practicable. And if they are on a ship, the would most likely have a helmet with them already. You know, safety inspections and what not? because the United states airforce has an extra helmet in the planes that they have for this very reason, if their own custom helm were to break, then they would have an extra one.
Zrs'fes said:
The suit was designed to protect the wearer when he/she is in outer space. The Armor has more armor plates than the original Imperial Knight armor and is completely airtight-sealed.
As much as I like this idea for more covered area, I would rather it not there IMO, Just imagine that someone happens to crash, and because of more armor, they are stuck and it could also prevent them from running away from crash landing in the middle of a battle zone. More likely, just give it a small protection shield that can last something like 15-30 minutes for emergencies instead of more plate armor.

Zrs'fes

Z
Xander Carrick said:
As much as I like this idea for more covered area, I would rather it not there IMO, Just imagine that someone happens to crash, and because of more armor, they are stuck and it could also prevent them from running away from crash landing in the middle of a battle zone. More likely, just give it a small protection shield that can last something like 15-30 minutes for emergencies instead of more plate armor.
A shield could only protect the wearer from radiation for about 15-40 minutes, like you said, but after that he/she would most likely die due to the radiation that they are exposed to. The helmet would be completely useless if the armor is not airtight-sealed, since the oxygen would just get sucked out by the vacuum of space. A suit would also give the Knights the ability to operate in Type 3 and 4 Atmospheres for long periods of time. If they just had a helmet and a shield they would die as soon as the shield goes down, either due to the radiation or the lack of air/poisonous gases in such an atmosphere. This suit would give them a lot more mobility than if they were wearing a simple radiation suit. And for the added armor plates, think clone trooper armor. They had perfect mobility even with their armor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom