Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Impenitence

Taa Nul

CEO of Kamigen Incorporated
"Straight to the point, as always.", Morcus said with a slight smirk, nodding politely at Max Fel upon his arrival, before following closely behind Graf so he might speak with him while they walked to the Temple. "I assembled my forces here for the meeting, as per your instruction, to ensure security remains paramount during this meeting. And I sense your displeasure with me. Believe me, I understand. I.....apologise for not being able to locate you. Tuspin covered his tracks all too well before his demise. I did the best I could in your forced absence however, and, should you require it, I will abdicate the Imperial throne for the sake of the stability of whatever goals you have in mind."

Morcus's cohort of Royal Guardsmen marched at both sides of Graf, Morcus and their procession of other followers, keeping a wary vigil for any potential security threats. A lone Imperial officer rushed to catch up with Morcus, before handing him a small datapad. The Emperor briefly surveyed it's contents, before nodding approvingly. "I should inform you of some of my current plans, however. You remember the surplus yards we once possessed, yes? The ones I tapped into to support the Emperor's loyalist faction during the civil war. I had the contents of such quickly spirited away to several "uncharted" locations near our former territories and placed under the guard of some of my most loyal troops, before the Empire collapsed utterly. They remain undisturbed, and their contents may prove to be useful as we reform and reorganise our separate remnant paramilitaries into one cohesive Imperial Army and Navy."

[member="Tanomas Graf"]
[member="Zesiro"]
[member="Desmond C'artyom"]
[member="Max Fel"]
[member="DT-4747"]
[member="Har'xa Escala"]

Less than ten minutes in, and discontentment was already brewing.

How droll.

It was good to know that everyone still possessed a fire within their soul. Because they will need the resolve and tenacity if they were to reform. And a small amount of disagreement and competition has never hurt anyone.

While the presence of the armoured male beside the imperator was suspect, Har’xa was willing to extend a small amount of goodwill to the other. But he definitely did not trust him, not just yet. Keeping his features impassive as the contingent began to move towards the temple, the Epicanthix gave a twitch of his index and middle finger as a silent signal for Corvus to draw close to his side.

When the mercenary entered within hearing range, the brunette leaned down slightly, his lips barely moving as he spoke. “I want you to keep a close eye on the man that is accompanying the Imperator.” His dark eyes moved from Corvus to the unknown figure to indicate exactly who it was that Har’xa was referring to. “If anything happens, my safety comes second.

Interacting with: [member="Varian Alaric"]

[member="Tanomas Graf"] | [member="Desmond C'artyom"] | [member="IC-104"] | [member="Kyle Whir"] | [member="Lannis Morcus"] | [member="DT-4747"] | [member="Max Fel"] | [member="Cynthia Alucard"] |
[member="Zesiro"]

giphy.gif
Varian Alaric "Corvus"
Mercenary | Gun for Hire | Bounty Hunter
Surface, Byss
Interacting With: [member="Har'xa Escala"]
___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___

Arguing. [SIZE=9pt]There[/SIZE] was always arguing, deception, lawlessness, and anger, unreserved anger. He had seen it all before, from his past life in the First Order, to now his life as a gun-for-hire, a mercenary. You always saw it, you always saw all of this, the fighting, the backbiting, the political turmoil...soldier or civilian, Member of Ren or not, you always saw it. You always saw it. You would always see it, there was no question.

Tsk, so much for Imperials changing their ways. I shouldn't have expected much though.

Varian found it strange to be in the presence of Imperials once more. Some of them he recognized as Ex-First Order officials, people had had once seen on a daily basis when he had been a member of that...corrupted organization. Now, these members had defected from an Order which had committed numerous atrocities in the past to another one, a remnant of an organization which has committed just as many, if not more atrocities and as many war crimes as the First Order had. Such thoughts and remembrances of the past, they had forced Alaric to remember why he had left, why he had changed and decided to depart from an order that seemed to care little for its own soldiers...going as far as to execute hundreds of them to “reform.” Such an act, coupled with the emotions turmoil of Varas disappearing and never returning, forced the man named 'Primat’ to act. He hadn't told anyone where he was going, hell, he hadn't even known where it was that he was going to go. He just needed to be away from it all, he wanted to start over away from this whole mess.

That man, 'Primat,’ was a changed man. He wasn't dead[SIZE=9pt], he[/SIZE] was still very much alive. But he had been warped into being a piece of the mind and personality that made up Varian Alaric... Primat Ren.

The man still felt guilt from the affair, from leaving Marriskcal behind. He had left her, one of the few people he truly cared for in the Order...without telling her. And he hadn't seen her since. Varian had no idea as to whether she was alive or dead, [SIZE=9pt]of[/SIZE] whether she still thought him a friend or now, a for. He didn't know, but he wanted to know. Despite what pain it might cause to him, he still wanted to know what had become of the blonde-haired girl that he had first met all of that time ago in the Throne room. Varian wanted to know at least if she was alive. He knew he wouldn't be able to live with himself if he heard the news that she had perished someway, somehow without him, her friend, at her side.

Varian, or "Corvus" as he had become under his alias, stepped up close to the side of the tall Epicanthix male who he was protecting currently. Why such a tall man needed a bodyguard was beyond the former Disciple of Ren's knowledge. The Epicanthix male stood at roughly seven or eight feet tall from Alaric's estimate. Despite his curiosity, he chose not to ask questions or wander curiously about why this man actually needed him as a 'bodyguard' supposedly. Money was money, money was money. In truth, Varian didn't do much with the credits he earned. He didn't spend them on harlots or drugs, instead, he spent a good amount of credits on his armor and weapons. Never could be left without a gun in a gunfight, now could you?

I want you to keep a close eye on the man that is accompanying the Imperator. If anything happens, my safety comes second.

Alaric gave a curt nod to his employer, turning his head towards the man in question who Escala pointed out. It wasn't hard to find the man, he stuck out like a sore thumb amongst the crowd. His battered armor, contrasting with the clean armors of Deathtroopers and Royal Guard, distinguishing himself from the petty Officers and Imperial Officials who were all 'kissing the hand' of the recently arrived Imperator. Varian's eyes narrowed under his helmet, the red optics of his suit mimicking his own eyes movements as he did so. He didn't reach a hand to the rifle strapped to his back, or his handgun magnetically attached to his thigh, or even his lightsaber which had helped him survive numerous situations beforehand. All he did was watch the man, keeping to the side of Escala as he did so.

[member="Lannis"] Morcus | [member="Kyle Whir"] | [member="IC-104"] | [member="Tanomas Graf"] | [member="Desmond C'artyom"] | [member="Max Fel"] | [member="Cynthia Alucard"] | [member="Zesiro"]

U9O1E36.png
Carefully, her eyes tracked the arrival of their grand leader, a man Cyn had only ever heard before today. Let alone see in person. It was rather strange, a different notion for the TIE Pilot to see a man more responsible for her past and direction than the TIE she had flown that allowed her to earn her place. Softly, a smile grew as the tense air around her lessened and her shoulders released the strain of her muscles had been causing.

[SIZE=11pt]Graceful with her next few steps, she stepped closer, Cyn though allowed herself to stand readily behind the rest of the officials and high lords. Admirals, and Generals, even the mysterious Lord Inquisitor Morcus was present for the unification and birth of a new government. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Eyes scanned and focused of several of those present, and notably she found herself lacking in one specific area. Height. [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]By no means was Cyn the shortest being in the galaxy, but having to arch one’s own head to address others was not the most satisfying pose to have when conversing with any one of her Superiors. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Cyn choked down her sigh, but allowed her arms to hang loosely, the strain of maintaining such a strict and uncomfortable stance would only make her beyond irritated if ever addressed. Though, for the moment, Cyn contented herself being a simple loyal officer, but not too far from those she wishes to impress, lest they think of her nothing past the fodder most TIE pilots were known. But I can’t be too close, else I’ll appear nosy and overly enthusiastic. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]A quick glance around, and Cyn nearly frowned once more, Maybe I should get myself stretched out to get a tad taller, if only by a few inches.[/SIZE]

[member="Lannis Morcus"] | [member="Kyle Whir"] | [member="IC-104"] | [member="Tanomas Graf"] | [member="Desmond C'artyom"] | [member="Max Fel"] | [member="Zesiro"] | @Varian Alari

Her role here was uncertain, but Zesiro was here to support the government she loved dearly. What trust, mistrust or other thoughts and emotions went around the room were not entirely lost on the blond. They meant nothing to her and she just observed everything. There was only one person she trusted fully in this room and that was Desmond.

They had been through so much together. He had come to her rescue before and probably would again. She had even come to his aid but she was in debt to him. This needed paying back and her eyes rested on him.

What they had before was something special formed by the bonds of duty and friendship. It didn't matter to her if he was a clone or not even the same Desmond she had known before. To her, they were the same and would support all of them.

As she glanced around, her eyes came to rest on Cynthia. Giving her a brief nod, that glance moved onto the others. In time, she planned to approach the other woman but would wait. Now was not the time.

Kyle Weir
Byss Surface, The Grand Temple
Nearby: [member="Tanomas Graf"], [member="IC-104"], [member="Lannis Morcus"], [member="Desmond C'artyom"], [member="Max Fel"], [member="Varian Alaric"], [member="DT-4747"], [member="Har'xa Escala"]

Kyle listened to Graf suppressing their desire to speak, Tanomas knew their former comrade as one of powerful emotional strength though they had been caught in a moment of weakness. Truly enough since their departure from First Imperial territory, Kyle has become more irritable and this observation could not possibly be lost on the former DT-808. Behind the tandem brass-coloured eye lenses Kyle's clear hazel eyes steadily rotate with skull carefully studying all the revealed faces around them, one, in particular, a sheer giant who rises high into the atmosphere like some auspicious mountain topped with black hair earns the attention of Sergeant Weir. Their eyes lock for a moment and Kyle's cold expression is masked behind the Durasteel partition of their helmet with gaze lingering even as Har'xa leans down to whisper something directly into another man's ear, that individual carried an air of secrecy and mystery about them that easily matches Kyle's and yet both focus intently upon a singular point of interest in Kyle.

Inclining their helmeted head as if to greet the pair the eye lenses visibly narrow ever so slightly a return of study in kind and Kyle does not readily recognise Alaric as "Primat Ren" even though unknown to both individuals they hailed from the same origin within that odious and fascistic First Order, unknown to the Epicanthix the former Death Trooper hears their instruction to shorter individual and greets it with a wordless smirk under helmet. Ever stoic and outwardly aloof, the former Death Trooper permitted these dignitaries and high-ranking officers of Tanomas' previous Empire to talk amongst themselves without further interruption, content to remain with their own accursed chilling thoughts that maintained a powerful presence within mind, these voices are kept at bay by a sub-dermal implant and near-daily consumption of a potent cocktail formulated for Kyle by a physician on Kamino who had received the once in a lifetime opportunity to study a gene-forged supersoldier created in the secretive labs beneath Mephout. One of the many 'blacksites' where the First Order Military and Security Bureau performed their most clandestine research.

Despite being unarmed at this gathering and bearing the proud roundel of a well-renowned Coruscant Security Force upon their right pauldron many in direct proximity couldn't help but be gripped by fear and terse disdain as the six and a half feet warrior looms closely behind Graf's shoulder in a display of overt protectiveness and stares towards Morcus behind eye lenses, Kyle's face is possessed with a faint snarl that could not be perceived through their unnerving silence. When Tanomas took a step in the direction of the Grand Temple Proper, Kyle's boots follow closely in their shadow with such precision that they find a landing where the outwardly middle-aged man's foot had been not fractions of a second earlier. It is an outward display of the two's reaction times how they could perceive movements that would pass unnoticed in the eyes of those lesser beings who now surrounded them and true enough Kyle did believe themselves to be objectively superior from a Physiological standpoint and yet ironically believes their augmentations to be part gift part curse for the Psychosis that must be constantly warded off, never truly knowing peace in their tumultuous tortured mind.

Kyle makes Tanomas a sincere solemn promise in their steps down a long thick red carpet laid out for their advance flanked on either side by thick ranks wearing the legacy of ancient Stormtroopers. "If you find yourself ever in great need. I will come to your aid and honour our pact made in blood as warriors, we'll fight side-by-side. Until the end, Tanomas." Even though the metallic amplification and distortion of their vocaliser unit, Tanomas hears Kyle's distinct solemnity although it is also distinctly mixed with an uncharacteristic sadness that Kyle seldom expressed except for in moments that truly shook up the Human emotion Kyle desperately kept buried, concealed beneath their iron unbreaking discipline. Most perceived Kyle as being cold, stern and harsh and their interaction with Morcus and Desmond had no doubt left those two men with this very impression but those who Kyle counts as friends, no family even got a privileged insight into the mysterious sniper's character.

Tanomas Graf

T
Graf's eyes narrowed as the Imperial throne was mentioned by Morcus, a scowl tugging at the corners of his lips. "Yes, I believe it would be appropriate for you to abdicate. I've had quite enough dealing with the intricacies of monarchies." Tanomas agreed, his pace slowing slightly, "Men who think they are my equal all the while they wallow about in credits without the responsibilities of running an empire, unlike you… I am most pleased with what you've accomplished in my absence."

The older man looked over his shoulder at the cadre of moffs that Morcus had amassed, some averting their eyes while others glanced at him in return."Unlike my pretentious Galidraanian counterpart, I value effort over nepotism in my government, no matter how small." He continued, his features softening, "No matter your objectives, you have all proven to be loyal to the cause and will be rewarded for such. You will be in mind when I reform the regime."

It kind of made him uncomfortable noticing that he was almost a foot taller than everybody now, except maybe that tall fellow from Panatha. He hated to admit it, but it was quite fun playing the part of the feeble old man, but he most certainly could not deny the immense benefits that he received from undergoing his augmentations. Of course, the people that he had met during his time in the First Order most definitely curbed his bitter outlook on life that he had developed over the past decade. Everywhere he looked he found reasons to live to the fullest, instead of planning for his previously-inevitable death.

Just as this thought passed through his mind, his comrade-in-arms' voice pulled him back to reality. Tanomas turned his head, a sombre expression appearing on his face, "The same to you, my friend. Until the end, Kyle." He said quietly, giving a small nod to the armoured man. He was, frankly, surprised at how fast he had acclimated to being a part of ALPHA and the Project in general: Dann, Zarha, Wenck, Twigg, Kyli. Graf hates to admit it, but despite their ideological differences…

He really missed those fething kids.

QUXszd3.png

Their path to the grand temple led them to a large room where the Imperial masses began to assemble after many of the high-profile personnel had arrived. Tanomas Graf would give them a speech he had prepared shortly, but first, he had to iron out a few things with his officers. With that in mind, he directed them to a room to the side that held a round table complimented by many seats. "Sit." He ordered simply, clasping his hands in front of his trench coat while he waited for them to sort themselves out.

Once that straightforward task had been accomplished, Graf himself sat down to address the lot. "Let's all face it, the Empire failed. I won't bore you with talks about bureaucracy, but the government crippled our ability to act when the civil war began, and our conquest of the region left many bitter in our wake." The man admitted, looking at each of them in turn, "Individual moffs craved power and splintered off, fracturing our fragile system of decentralization."

Tanomas paused for a moment, collecting his thoughts and allowing them to process what he said thus far. "I will tell you what I'm going to tell all of them. I will no longer accept anything less than absolute loyalty to me, to the Emperor, and by extension the Empire as a whole." His voice turned cold when he emphasized the word 'loyalty', once again glancing at those present, "Your Emperor being the man who we owe our existence to, Palpatine." He waited once against before continuing "I have the time nor the patience to deal with dynastic squabbles, therefore I will no longer permit a living man to hold the title of 'Emperor' anymore, instead delegating that to our late creator."

His hand reached into the confines of his trench coat, pulling out a rectangular object and threw it on the table: a long, colourful rank plaque that designated the wearer as a 'Grand Moff'. "I will no longer be the Grand Moff of the Galactic Empire. You will address me as High Chancellor of the Imperial Confederation, because we are neither ready nor worthy of being called an Empire, not yet." Graf declared, the aura of authority around him intensifying exponentially, "I am your leader, and you will acknowledge me as such, or you will be forgotten."

He smirked.

"Any questions?"

[member="Lannis Morcus"] | [member="Kyle Whir"] | [member="IC-104"] | [member="Desmond C'artyom"] | [member="Max Fel"] | [member="Varian Alaric"] | [member="DT-4747"] | [member="Har'xa Escala"] | [member="Zesiro"] | [member="Cynthia Alucard"]

Kyle Weir
Byss Surface, The Grand Temple
Nearby: [member="Tanomas Graf"], [member="IC-104"], [member="Lannis Morcus"], [member="Desmond C'artyom"], [member="Max Fel"], [member="Varian Alaric"], [member="DT-4747"], [member="Har'xa Escala"]

Kyle's head mimicks Tanomas' expression dipping in a small nod, no matter what the older man might do with his new confederation even should the former not officially partake in its' activities Graf knew he could ever rely on they who had once been their teammate within ALPHA, theirs had been a promise and friendship forged from the purest mortar; warfare. Saying nothing the armoured individual's path visibly diverges at the foot of great Temple moving perpendicular along its' stairs although they keep both brass eye-lenses fixed on Tanomas for a moment deeply hopeful that he might forge a fair and just government although Kyle did not permit themself to become too taken with delusions of a noble and bright future their worldly experiences having proved the galaxy a harsh place. They walked another three-hundred meters in utter eerie silence stewing with their thoughts even as hands work their way up a Durasteel ladder and into the cockpit of a retrofitted X-Wing fighter. "In time, we'll see if your Confederation is worth serving my old friend." Tanomas and Kyle had discussed the former's plans in detail after the former liberated the latter from an institution for military personnel seized by Insanity. For now the voice of Amur is yet silent, the call of duty beat as ever within Kyle's breast and it is on Coruscant they would now serve not at the pleasure of a deluded tyrant but that old lofty principle of impartial unrelenting lawful justice. Perhaps one day the former Death Trooper would aid the Confederation, but not now. Not until it had earned their loyalty through actions of pious righteousness.

Transparisteel Canopy lowered shut in a low whine Kyle's gloved hands secure tightly around flight controls and steadily ease the four-thruster craft up into the air above what they couldn't help but admire as a stunning procession of Imperial Power although it left a sense of dark foreboding that pulled them down towards the surface of Byss with a cold attraction, it would yet take Kyle time to come to grips with their new role and sudden abandonement of a life that had been filled with such precise Imperial discipline. Though now unknown to the wordless warrior they'd never truly be able to hate the First Order or Authoritarianism as it was as programmed and instinctual to Kyle as one's own genetic coding.

Confident that Corvus would be able to accommodate the additional request without any difficulty on his part, the Epicanthix was content to allow his guard the autonomy to decide on the measures he wished to take so long as it did not cause any disorder.

When the unknown figure that has shadowed the Imperator parted ways, his figure was graced with a final suspicious glance from the older Escala. But he kept his silence this time, preferring to gather his thoughts and grant his focus to the meeting ahead.

He arrived near the end of their contingent, pausing before the tall doors to regard the other. “Corvus, this will probably take awhile. Most people gathered here are loyal to the regime, so you do not need to worry about the security while we are gathered in the Grand Temple. Please wait for me to return back on our ship.” While Corvus came highly recommended and was known to be discreet and steadfast, a mercenary’s first allegiance was to credits. And Har’xa would never allow for the mistake of giving his complete trust to an individual whose loyalty could be bought.

Expecting that his orders will be followed without a word of protest, the tall male waited until he saw the form of his guard disappearing amongst the crowd. Satisfied, he turned and entered the meeting room, where the officers were gathered for a more intimate session before the main event.

Taking a seat like the rest of his colleagues, the Epicanthix gave the words uttered by the High Chancellor his full consideration. And by the end of his address, a slow smile found its way to his usually impassive features.

Ad Imperii Gloria.

Interacting with: [member="Varian Alaric"]

[member="Tanomas Graf"] | [member="Desmond C'artyom"] | [member="IC-104"] | [member="Kyle Whir"] | [member="Lannis Morcus"] | [member="DT-4747"] | [member="Max Fel"] | [member="Cynthia Alucard"] | [member="Zesiro"]

Taa Nul

CEO of Kamigen Incorporated
Morcus nodded solemnly. "Agreed. I shall make the announcements after our meeting is concluded. I did all I could to maintain the remnants of our Empire, but the time has come to return power to the whole so the Empire itself might be reborn. And I thank you for you kind words, old friend. I hope I will still be of use in the new order.", he said, gazing back at his moffs. "I can assure you I did not pick foolish candidates. They will earn their place, given time.", Morcus said confidently. He had made sure to pick candidates that showed promise, but also loyalty to him and his cause. Even with his abdication, he would make sure they remember who put them in their seats in the first place.

When the group arrived in the large meeting hall, Morcus made sure to take a seat at Graf's right hand, as he had done before many times. He listened intently to his old friend as he laid out his vision for things going forward, nodding in agreement when he declared that their Emperor would be the one who started it all, Palpatine himself, one even Morcus idolised and held in great regard. "An excellent stratagem for the long term. Once we've claimed Coruscant and other important core worlds, we'll be in a far better position to legitimise our status as an Empire.", Morcus said with a nod, before inserting a small data chip into the holo-emitter in the centre of the meeting table. Various tables and charts listing the troop and ship counts of each of the Imperial sub-factions gathered at the meeting appeared in holographic form for those at the meeting to view at their leisure. "However, the first matter we should discuss is the unification and organisation of our separate remnant militaries into a cohesive whole."

[member="Har'xa Escala"]
[member="Kyle Whir"]
[member="Tanomas Graf"]
[member="Zesiro"]
[member="Cynthia Alucard"]
[member="Varian Alaric"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom