Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Images not loading.

lordmitmar

Everytime I try to upload an image, gif ext. all I get is a broken image symbol, and an error. I've tried with multiple images, multiple types of image (png. jpg.) and they still don't work. I use chrome, but I doubt that is the problem, is there something wrong with HOW i'm posting them somehow? The URL is perfectly correct, i've copy pasted it over and over but it does not work.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
This may or may not be related, I'm honestly not sure due to the nature of the issue, but I've noticed as of late while going through a lot of submissions that more than a handful of images are broken with what are otherwise legitimate sources (checked the sources, 8/10 times they load). There was also a similar issue where Anija Ordo could not get images to work in her blog until reposting it as an entirely new entry.

There might be a bug with the way the site is translating certain images or posts.

Just thought I'd throw that out there. It could be nothing and it's not a big issue but it seemed worth looking into.

[member="Mit Tuxaire"]

Copy the URL.
Above the text box after you click on it will be 2 lines of icons. You'll see things like the bold icon, this is the line you want. A bit over, about mid line. Is a icon that looks like a picture of a landscape (If you've that much trouble finding it, you can just hover your mouse over and it will say "image").
Click it and paste the URL.
Click OK, and the picture will appear in the text box.

Another issue as said before is some sites won't allow you to link their images to other sites, or have limits. If you really want that image. Use a site called Imgur. Make an account and you can upload images to it either from a url or your computer to it, and link it from there. The images rarely break. Its a top tier image storage site. Reddit was the reason it was made. I use it to store avatar images, factory submission images and the like. Keeps everything in the same place instead of having an image break and probably being lost because you can't remember where you got it from.

Any other questions or if you need help just ask.

Countess Xyhn said:
This may or may not be related, I'm honestly not sure due to the nature of the issue, but I've noticed as of late while going through a lot of submissions that more than a handful of images are broken with what are otherwise legitimate sources (checked the sources, 8/10 times they load). There was also a similar issue where Anija Ordo could not get images to work in her blog until reposting it as an entirely new entry.

There might be a bug with the way the site is translating certain images or posts.

Just thought I'd throw that out there. It could be nothing and it's not a big issue but it seemed worth looking into.
There is no issue with "how the site translates images", it's very straight forward.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Nothing is perfect, nothing is truly straight forward.

If things were, there'd be no such things as bugs. ;)

Now, the key word was certain but since that's being ignored, I'll go away now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom