Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image formatting [Help please]

So question is. How do I format my pictures so that it looks like this:

afc228ed80fdde093f2e6a0fc15b5599.png

Where the picture is wraped around the text? Instead of it ending up looking like this:

03fb6ad2ca456c411b155ef73862fd8f.png

If anyone got an answer to this question, please share! :)

Ah, those tricky floating images. Darn things can be hard to get working.
Whatcha need to do is use the, well, the 'float' code. When you go to make a post, do you see the green 'F' on the options? By the litle speech bubble and google docs page?
That's the button for it, but I always just type the thing in manually, since I have more luck with it that way.
Here's a quick bit of example stuff:
sdg5_102_ueo2b.jpg
sdg5_5e5_ueo2b.jpg

Name: Artemis Vahlen'de Nyx
Nicknames: The Silent Sentinel
Known Aliases: Primara Xyn
Call-Sign: Not Available.
Official Title: Lady Vahl'Nyx
Faction: Unaligned
Previous Factions: One Sith, The Empire, Grand Republic
Company: Xyn Amorni Designs
Force Status: Sensitive; Knight
Homeworld: Dromund Kaas

For this, I use two different 'floating' images. However, in order to get it to work, I had to put both images at the start of the coding. If I hadn't, the image on the right would have shown up below the rest of the text, ready to float besides additional input/whatnot.
The code itself is actually fairly simple: {float=?}insert whatever you want to float here{/float}
Replace the curly brackets {} with regular brackets [] and instead of the question mark ? put a direction (left or right). Whatever side you put in will be the side the image (or text, if you can get that to work) will appear on. In between the two sets of brackets is where you'll put what you want to float. For most people that means images, so just use the insert image button or type it in manually like so {img=url}. Minus the curly brackets again, of course.

Hope that helps, and good luck!
[member="Jen"]

Yeeeeees. Thanks so much, dude. :) It's working now, that's so neat. :)

Thanks again!!
[member="JD Lykaios"]

For personal future reference, I'm a daft person:
[/float]

[/spoiler]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom