Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm Not A Ghost

Time Period: Early to midday? Night is still far off.
Authors Note: Anyone can join this, I hope it is adequate, would be good so Flo can meet some friends since he's rather anti-social.

~ * ~​
Light flickered through the tainted glass of the windows above his small frame. Every now and then the slivers of luminosity brushed against his cheeks as if it was a hand cupping him, holding his oval shaped head within its embrace the warmth of the light that contradicted the coldness of the dark room was pleasant. He was sitting against the wall , indulging himself in reading the various teachings of the masters past, the ones that were here before he, himself was a padawan or even ceased to exist; the light touched his pale cheek again as a silhouette had formed, copying the exact same movements as Florin, no matter how big or small the shadow did the same. It was amusing at first but quickly did grow dull, yet here he was such a fragile little boy sitting in the corner where darkness kept him from view. In fact the only light would be those tiny fragments of radiance that pierced the veil so to speak and the low blue dim of the data pad he was reading.

The teachings of those that came before always had interested him, Florin could remember stories that the various masters told him. Tales of how the old masters risked their life's countless times to save the force, the order and even the galaxy itself. Their heroic efforts would never be in vain, I will make sure of it. Florin while not a noble person was extremely humble, and no matter how big or small a task was, Flo would be forever grateful to those that served and protected for without them he could not be here now. It was a fitting thought, a lesson he had learnt long ago and like every other single lesson he had learnt he could remember it perfectly thanks to his eidetic memory. Countless data pads had been read and Flo could remember every single one of them with ease, that is why he was here today; in a room blanketed in the nights essence reading the various teachings he had yet not discovered; he did this for a two main reasons, the first being that he himself was physically inferior to the other padawans and the second reasoning was a bit more selfish...Yes that was the word for it; he stayed in this room reading because he enjoyed the silence, it was serene to him as if a symphony was loathing around.

Florin had finished comprehending the data pad; he understood now why he did what he did. Yet who was he? His name wasn't mentioned anywhere through the word he was just simply referred to as he like an animal or maybe even a monster. But he did get it, he went to fight for those who couldn't fight for themselves, he fought for those who were too weak to make a stand and took their place upon the battlefield in their heed. This man did defy orders however and was shunned for his supposed crimes, yet even the young Flo could see both sides of the coin. A simple knock on the door, interrupted his train of thought and a low humming voice cut through the silence like a knife. "It's time to go, young one."

A simple scurry of feet could be heard, pattering against the ground with little echos could only slightly just be heard. He had put the data pad within his arms back where it belong and made his way to the door, upon opening it no one was in sight. It seemed whoever had been waiting had moved along already, he poked his head around the corner. Flo was always a cautious cat and even walking down the sacred halls of the Jedi temple he would still watch his back as if he was paranoid, yet in reality he just wanted to be careful. Today would be the day he would meet a few of the other padawans, some would be more experienced than he but he would still muster up the courage to speak to them instead of observing from the sidelines. It was the time that those who were still without a permanent master would head to the fabled grounds for training. So he made pace down to the training areas in hope that he could possibly find someone to not only be a peer of his but possibly a friend? His small figure hunched as he walked, a clear indication that nerves were getting the better of him. Deep breaths, deep breaths he thought as he made way to the training room, sinking into the corners of the darkness he waited it seemed he was here early or maybe no one was coming today, or worse...Maybe he was the last padawan left on Coruscant. He shook such silly thoughts out of his head and waited, silently...

Nala had been made aware of this new padawan accepted into the order, knowing he would not be like her other. Upon hearing of his differences compared to most others Nala could sympathize. She'd been in that situation before, not being the best of the group and often being picked on for it. Still there was always the old saying of what does not kill you makes you stronger, though for her sake she would try not to enact that sort of lessening on her pupil. Making her way to the training ground she could already sense him, sitting and waiting patiently. A good trait. Something she would take into consideration when training him.

She entered silently behind him, standing in the shadows for a moment, before finally saying "@Florin Armetta, I presume?" with a more friendly tone.

It would seem like there would be no one, it made him weep inside...Only a tiny bit however, in truth Flo wasn't ready to have meets and greets, he was but still a seed that hadn't bloomed into a beautiful flower like the other children of his age. When they would train their bodies, Florin would train the mind; it just seemed that the other padawans of his age were different. Or maybe he was the different one? The outcast, or the black sheep so to speak. Yet in all honestly he was ok with being on the sidelines, the idea of being in the nitty gritty of people scared him, his confidence wasn't the greatest and he did struggle to talk to others.

He was about to leave with a heart full of mixed emotions, swirling around like a hurricane when he felt the presence of another. Yet he was still untrained and his skills unrefined and thus upon detecting the presence of another it would be too late, a voice emerged behind him from the shadows; turning around on the balls of his feet he took a step back to look at who just spoke. They sounded old, too old to be a padawan but who knew Florin had read about awhile ago how there have been points in history where elder people had been conducted into the order. He could make a figure between the veil of shadows...A tall slim figure, a very tall slim figure to be exact. He was unsure of how to reply, his face scrunched up in the mist of fear and confusion. "Ye...Yes..."

@[member="Nala Tu"]

Stepped out of the shadows Nala revealed herself to the padawan with a friendly smile on her face. She gave a bow before looking back up and saying "I am Jedi Knight Nala Tu. And I have the honor of being your teacher." She could feel his emotions racing through him but did not let that alter her outlook on him. For the time being they were simply a student and teacher meeting for the first time. Appearances often had a means of being deceiving on both counts.

@Florin Armetta

The person who spoke was clearly not human just by how tall they were hiding in the shadows. But when they emerged, the reaction of fear wasn't there but instead shock of what he was seeing. A Kaminoan was here on Coruscant, and she was a jedi? That was crazy, how many Kaminoan were actually even force sensitive? So many questions yet he did not ask them as Florin was still stuck for words but he was grateful to meet such a person here, and when she said she would be teaching him a slight sigh of relief escaped his mouth. He bowed back out of respect, his dark hair covering his face as it was long, many did mistake him for a girl and his hair was one of the reasons.

"It...It's a pleasure to meet you mas-master." His nerves made him jitter, the presence of this creature was still a shock having only seen a small amount of species this was a first for him. Only reading about their culture through datapads and learning of them from various questions asked others. He looked up at her and his face could tell it all, he was sorry for being so rude, sorry for looking at her with such judgement it was merely his first reaction...Surely Flo would be scolded for this.

@[member="Nala Tu"]

As she walked over to him she said "Sit, please." indicating for him to sit as he did before she'd arrived. Walking around and in front of him she sat crossed legged in front of the padawan, moving her robe a bit to sit better. When she was rested she said "There we are. Now we can speak as equals for the time." she smiled. "I'm sure you have questions, and I will do my best to provide the answers. Just as I for you. So let me start with the first question then you may ask yours. Now, tell me about yourself. What was your life like before coming to the Jedi Order?"

@Florin Armetta

He was ushered down to sit, the jedi knight tracing circles around him before also sitting. He gave a nervous smile, still uncomfortable due to being a socially awkward little butterfly. Flo parted hair over his face and thought about how he would answer the question; his life wasn't a very exciting one he wasn't some slave or even someone who was born from one of those forbidden romances, no Florin was just Florin there was really nothing to tell. "Well, I was born on Coruscant..."

He stopped and thought, one could tell he was struggling to relay information. "Uhh...I have never been off the planet." He nodded and gave a warm smile, he was slowly getting more comfortable with Nala Tu; due to the fact she wasn't scary or frightening she was nice and caring, the serene sound her voice filled him with happiness. "Can you tell me about you? I mean, uhh, please tell me about yourself."

He played with his thumbs and looked down, the shyness crept back in the alley ways of his mind and took over. His brown eyes moving back and forth from the ground to the kamionan. He was unsure of what would happen, how strict was this teacher? Would she abandon him because he was weak enough? Flo was really, really unsure of what would happen no reading about the training of padawans and their masters could actually compare to the real expericne.

@[member="Nala Tu"] (sorry i didn't get a notification >_<)

She could tell the boy was nervous, but it was understandable. This was the first big step for him to take in becoming a Jedi and, with it, came a great commitment. Nonetheless she had her faith in him, hoping to help him overcome what anxieties he might feel. The first thing was to show him she could be trusted.

"Well, I was born in the middle of Mandalor and Republic space." she began. Her story went on where she explained she grew up with her father, who was a pilot for shipping vessels all around the system. When she was older she was inducted into the order when she proved to be force sensitive. During her time growing up and training she, surprisingly, was picked on a mocked for being both a kaminoan and for not developing her force skills like the others. Eventually she proved herself the better and, because of it, is now A Jedi knight. "You see, Florin?" she asked after she finished. "Even the smallest person can prove to make big changes."

"Now tell me, where do you're skills lie the greatest?" she asked him now. "Is it with the force or using a lightsaber?"

@Florin Armetta (D'oh. lol it's okay.)

His master was a fascinating person indeed; maybe I could be that interesting one day... Florin shook his head at the concept; he was but a mare child who was possibly the most average and lest interesting person in the world. Yet when she asked the question of where his greatest skilled lied he honestly had no idea. Yes he was inferior to most if not every single other padawan in combat, and evening wielding a light sabre he really wasn't that great in using the force as well. His true power did lie however in the art of knowledge, he was in essence a walking library, every book Flo had ever read could be recited; word for word thanks to his eidetic memory. His voice filled with bravery as he admitted.

"I don't think I'm good at either...I like knowledge though. I read all the files that I could in the achieves; I have read exactly 125,000 of the personal journals stored within the achieves. I would of read more but I'm not allowed to certain parts yet."

Perks of being a knight he thought...

He stopped for a moment to think what to say, placing his index finger on his skull he gave the most open and happy smile of them all. "I remember them all." He giggled before resuming to speak, "So I guess my forte would be the control of the force. Although I am no master."

@[member="Nala Tu"] (ok I think i fixed the problem now, sorry for the delayed response)

Nala nodded when he said he was skilled in knowledge. When he mentioned reading the journals stored in the library she nodded more before saying "I was quite fascinated with them myself. In fact my idol was the old Jedi Master Treina Marketh. She was one of the greater Jedi masters of her time." Afterwards when he guessed that he was better with the force Nala rubbed her chin for a moment before saying "I see. Then that is a perfect place to start. But you should not think you're not a master now. You need to give yourself time. To grow. Like a small seed no bigger than a crumb that is nurtured with rain and sun to become a mighty tree. Standing tall." She stood up herself and indicated for him to do do, saying "So stand up. And let's get this tree's roots into the ground."

@Florin Armetta

He stood up with the spring of youth, he smiled at her, Nala Tu was as kind as she was tall and Florin knew that the two of them would get along. "I shall become tall like you master." Of course he was actually talking about her height, after all Florin was a little pipsqueak compared to her, or rather compared to anyone. He adjusted his robe and focused, calming himself down before whatever was about to happen. He was anxious, nervous, Florin honestly wanted to make a good impression on his new master, he didn't want to be a weakling anymore... Heck this was the reason why he wanted to make friends, he didn't want to be the cry baby like he was years ago. This journey of becoming a Jedi, sure Flo did it to get away from things but he mainly did it to change himself, he could remember back in the days of the orphanage where the other kids would make fun of him. He held no hate for them, he just had ambition to show them that he could be strong, brave and cool...

@[member="Nala Tu"]

Nala chuckled a little at his remark before walking behind him. "Very good. Now then, what I want to do first is see how far your reach is in the force." She pointed to three rocks, all different in size, and said "Try lifting those rocks. Simply start from the smallest then the next and the next." As he padawan prepared she said "Now try not to think too much about moving it.Just feel the force extend out like a hand and lift it for you. FEEL. Don't think." She had her hands on his shoulders and waited to see how he would do.

@Florin Armetta

"There is fear and doubt in him. A future uncertain. Clouded."

A man had stood for quite some time now as the two were exchanging words. He had piercing eyes and silver hair; reflecting the room lighting that shone from above him. The centuries old being had his arms crossed and leaning slightly to the wall; scrying the boy's thoughts and emotions.

@Florin Armetta @[member="Nala Tu"]

A deeper voice had made its presence as eyes scanned the room briefly before locking onto, a silver haired male who had a sought of shine to him, possibly an aura that drew him in. He was beautiful to look at; instantly captured by his gaze Florin refused to look away. This man felt like no child like him, he was much stronger one could tell just from the atmosphere that surrounded him. Yet Florin did not answer to his statement, he was in no position too. His master begun to speak, telling him to focuses on the three rocks before him.

Florin listened to his masters words, trying to block out all surrounding sounds and feelings besides that of the force. Essentially he would attempt to strip the physical foundation of everything and make contact with the threads of the force so he could manipulate them. Florin could remember various teachings and journal entries he had read about the old masters beforehand learning the same thing, it was a basic fundamental of using the force which was described as a neutral energy that can be manipulated to its users whim. It was a powerful tool for anyone who could understand the basic concepts of how to do such a thing; the ability to use metaphysical manifestations such as telekinesis was but one of the literal known hundreds upon hundreds of uses.

He closed his eyes, attempting to clear his mind. Making it a blank stone tablet. Everything was set, serenity filled through his body as he could feel the threads of this energy before him, that was the simple part however, now Flo would attempt to weave the threads of the force to his will. Inhaling and exhaling he started to slow his breath and nothing happened at first but slowly but surely the three rocks that were spread around him begun to violently shake as if he the power he was using was unrefined and uncontrolled. The rocks started to slowly lift off the ground, as he opened his eyes a tad maintaining this focus and train of empty thought the rocks were still shaking, moving on their own accord throughout the room as some flew higher while another would drop; swirling around the room it was obvious Florin had a lot of untapped potential. Yet he would lose focus and the threads of the forced returned to that neutral state of before, the rocks falling to the ground as one would land right in front of him, Florin looked upset as if he had failed a simple word escaped his lips. "Sorry."

@[member="Nala Tu"] @[member="Darc Xavior Talus"]

Hearing the other voice enter into the area Nala looked to see @Darc Xavior Talus enter. Hearing his remark Nala ignored and waited to see how Florin would do. Once he proved his skills, making the rocks move differently, she nodded before they dropped and he apologized.

"Nothing to forgive, my padawan." she said, patting his back. "You did fine for your first try. You think what you did was bad? You should've seen me trying to lift even one rock without it skyrocketing into the air." She smiled to reassure him.

She turned her attention back to Darc and said "Interesting to see you hear, Sir. Was there something you needed or were you just passing by?"

@Florin Armetta

He kept a strong stare on the boy before straying them off to Nala.

"No, I was just leaving."

He looked back to the boy with subtle interest and exited; leaving an uneasy presence lingering in the room.

@[member="Nala Tu"] @Florin Armetta

The reassurance of his master would be the fundamental building blocks of his confidence to come, unknowingly to young boy however. Now that the presence of the male who was known as master Darc had left, Flo was curious if the two had previously known each other as it would seem both his master and master Darc were quite formal as if something was wrong. He asked not out of curiosity but rather out of the feelings of being worried that things were not peaceful within the hallowed halls of the Jedi temple. "Master, do you and and that man know each other?"

Turning around to face Nala Tu, he gave a soft smile trying to relieve the tension that the presence of the man felt. He focused again, trying to weave the threads of the force to his own whim again. The rocks slowly rocking this time as if he was more in control and thus they ascended into the air around the master and her young padawan. It would seem that the reinforcement had helped him not only with self confidence but his reassurance to keep trying. He wanted to impress his master, so he tried again the rocks now floating at an even pace that swirled in a circular motion around the pair, it would seem he had almost complete control over them now although they were little objects everything did start at small so maybe today it was a rock, but imagine he could do with years of training and experience, he could move planets maybe! What a naive thought and with that, concentration was lost again however upon them falling rapidly he took control once again and placed them down gently.

@[member="Nala Tu"]

"No." she said, still looking to whee he exited. "But I have a feeling, in time, I might." Looking back to Florin she said "Never mind him. Now then, back to training. You did well for your first time. Now we're going to try and do better this time." She keeled down next to him, so their eye levels were close, before saying "Now then, I want you to try again. Only this time try to picture something that calms you or gives you reason. Something from your past, or maybe something you've always wanted. The trick is to keep your mind calm enough to let the force flow more fluently through your body. The real trick isn't here." she said, tapping his forehead. She pointed to his heart and said "It's in there."

@Florin Armetta

Feeling the fingers of his master tap against his skull ever so gently made him giggle although he did refrain from laughing in front of her. He was a rather ticklish boy but it didn't matter. He understood what his master was saying, he needed to not use his mind but his heart. They say jedi were some of the most empathetic people in the galaxy and now he understood why, ones power did not stem from physical strength or even the capacity of which they retain knowledge. No, one's power came from the bottom of their heart, it made a warriors strength truly legendary. So with this new lesson in mind he focused yet again, emptying his mind yet not his heart, he would remember the times of happiness, joy and fuel it through his body so he could use the force to his maximum potential. Yet this was again easier said than done, the really only time he has been truly happy is alone but then he thought to himself for a bit. He smiled, this moment right now was making him happy, bonding with his new master was an experience like no other and so he fuelled these emotions and dwelled on them. He called out to the force, sending large echoes that radiated from his body, his true strength was finally beginning to developed. He weaved through the threads and called to the rocks, tugged and pulled on them and they arose once more with perfect harmony, Flo had complete and utter control of them. He brought the three rocks together in front of him as he stood there, proud of what he had just accomplished while watching the rocks levitate he spoke, able to keep complete dominance over the inanimate objects even while talking now. "I understand Master, my strength is not my physical or mental capacity; my strength deprives from what I feel. It makes sense now, people can feel terrible things and through that they are corrupted."

He spoke with such wise words and for a moment you would not think that this boy wasn't the shy little kid that only at the start of the day scared to talk to others; well he still was but he was more confident and even now it showed it. Maybe that's all that Florin needed was a tad of confidence to boost him from the slumps. "Master, I have an idea...I'm not going to let these rocks fall ever again. I will die before letting them fall, before failing you..."

@[member="Nala Tu"]

She watched and smiled as each rock began to float about, Florin now understanding where his true strength lied. He even stated what she was trying to teach him; a fast learner indeed. As he spoke she was surprised to see the rocks were still where they were, making her more confident in his abilities. When he said he would die before failing her she sighed before saying "Self sacrifice is something you should never consider, not unless it is in service in protecting those who cannot themselves. Keep that in mind. A Jedi's life is as important as the lives they protect." She nodded to him and patted his shoulder before saying "You'll make a fine Jedi master soon enough. Now we move onto something a little more difficult." she held out her lightsaber in her hand, not activating it, and looked to him as an indication for him to show his.

@Florin Armetta

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom