Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion I'm Darth Voyance AMA about the Qotsisajakaar

Hey Folks! With the Sith Civil War Campaign a thing, I wanted to create an AMA for folks who are interested in the splinter rebellious Order, the Qotsisajakaar, to ask their questions here and learn a bit more (whether you are interested in joining or not)
! So I've made a FAQ below to kick things off.
Excuse my grammar, I kinda just threw this together to get it out there.

YWy9q9i.png

PH94H9G.png

Last edited:
WE ALSO HAVE A NEW SPOOPY LAIR THAT'S JUST BEEN SUBBED:
jxxzibX.png

AS WELL AS A CORPORATION FOR MAKING SPOOPY SITH THINGS:
fvqUfWh.png

LIKE THIS:

GVVP7HT.png

Last edited:

Darth Vitium

D
What does this idea/plan possess that would motivate Sith lords that already have a very well established idea of what they want out of a faction themed on Sith culture?

Or, rephrased, what is one (or more) things that are more or less unique to this that would draw someone (in character, I can see the draw for writers) who is more ambitious and goal oriented and less inclined to adhere to a status quo so much as work to setting it?

Darth Voyance Darth Voyance

Darth Vitium

That's a really good questions.

This is where the Qotsisajakaaar are interestingly positioned - the Sith Code is baked directly into the faction. If there is something you want to do or get, you are free to coordinate with your fellow RPers and RP out a sort of rivalry. As long as it respects the story ambitions of the other participants, most things - Sith backstabby politics - is open to story development. The key really is to make it a story. Because as the Sith Code demands, all things are to be earned. So explore that theme in your story.

For those Sith Lords already well established - the Qotsisajakaar provides an alternative to the cycle of dom, invasion, bureaucratic development threads large factions give. You are free to explore your personalized avenue as a Sith Lord, your story, your style. In addition there is more focus on collective development - Sith Lords are encouraged to be paired with Knights or other Sith lords and go of on Missions across the galaxy. Because the faction is less focused on overt conquest and more Post-Bane styled spread of influence - this means more interaction and story coordination with other factions, other RPers, building networks and stories across the galaxy that can be used as assets or even become problems down the line. In addition, the faction comes with castes that can add to the customization and personalizing of the Sith Lord you RP [as shown above].

To put it simply, it allows for flexible and cusotmizable RP for the various kind of Sith Lord you want to be with a way more open style that allows your character to expand from the usual corner of the galaxy Sith characters often insulate themselves in.

More access to wider range of RP. That's the goal and that's the style.

This is a bit of a rambly answer but I hope it does answer your question.

Last edited:

Fiolette Fortan

F
Darth Voyance Darth Voyance flexible and customized RP is open to everyone regardless of faction association. Nothing in a faction prevents anyone from doing what they want when they want so what is it about this faction that stands out?

Fiolette Raaf I wouldn't be too sure about that statement.

Factions are subject to internal forces that demand cohesion. Especially, Empires. Personal story is sacrificed for the sake of faction cohesion impressed by the linchpin that holds it together. Such a dynamic in the Qotsisajakaar is absent. Voyance is a linchpin of story not factional direction.

Instead of having to fulfill roles, the faction is treated as sandbox - a setting within the larger Chaos setting. Some factions use this system to create a bubble where RP inside is insulated and gets stale after a while. Qotsisajakaar facilitates exploration outside of the faction - as the focus isn't dominance through conquest or accumulation but, through building influence, infiltration, and developing network of Darkside proxies.

So really its a more free form RP in the extreme. Its a different style of Sith. More decentralized in operation, despite a centralized aesthetic. Sith are encouraged to go out and establish their own power bases across the galaxy, within different factions, style of RP and band of characters. I would argue past iterations of the Sith are more focused on insulating and harnessing Sith characters for the purpose of dominating cohesion. Qotsisajakaar does not do this, due to its style explained above.

Besides this, this is a Sith faction that encourages Master and Apprentice relationship development through exploration of the Code. The Code isn't just some ornamental aesthetic - it's various lines act as literal steps characters can take together. I wan to create a Sith faction where the RP literally creates better writers, more resilient Sith in IC who can adapt to any situation or setting - not just wardogs, warlords, bureaucrats, and witches. Only this faction, and how its structure can help build Sith who can do it all, be anywhere, and be hidden or overtly powerful.

In short, it is a faction specifically designed to build RP and story. For now however, it is relegated to "apostate radicals" and that's the storyline - but in time I hope to turn it into a dynamic group of Sith with powerbases across the galaxy hidden in plain sight.

We shall become a hidden terror, instead of an open one that barks at its foes from the Outer RIm.

I am thinking about creating a character for this faction in mind but I have a question, When you mean “Sandbox” setting.

Is it going to be a faction that is technically unified but has its own factions in the systems it controls, like a mini Chaos for those inside the faction who fight over systems and such and unify against outside threats?

Or is that brotherhood of steel thing where there are different sith going out into the galaxy to establish power bases?

IExistIGuess IExistIGuess

It is more the latter of the two. By sandbox I mean, I have created the setting of a particular style of Sith and you are free to explore your role in it. And also the second. The Sith Keepers are a sort of combo of Rule of Two Sith and Ancient Sith. We move in the shadows, creating networks, drawing agents to our cause and then executing operations to take control. But, really it is up to you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom