Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm back and I need your help

Hey Chaos, long time no see.

As the title says I'm planning a return, due to my RL schedule being pretty free right now. It also says I need your help, as I'm still not sure as to what exactly I want to do besides the fact that I rather play a single character instead of a bunch of them. Of course I considered just bringing back the Big A, but that's a lot of baggage that I don't feel like bringing back with him. I also considered rebooting his character, but I really like using him as background noise for new characters.

I still had a character I felt like playing but never really went through with it: Derriphan

I also made one in the on the spur of the moment when I came back here for the first time in months: The Ambassador

Now my question is which one you consider the more interesting one based on their bio. Third option would obviously be to create just another new one, but I really don't know what so I'm open for ideas and concepts if you have some.

Thanks.

[member="Darth Abyss"]

I have to admit, though I'm not entirely certain what baggage you refer to, I did always like Abyss. I still recall our last thread regarding one of [member="Lady Kay"]'s bounties being brought to you by none other than [member="Koda Fett"] (Of course :p). In exchange for her freedom, you asked for something that could not be paid in Credits. Taking knowledge from Veiere's own mind. To this day, Veiere doesn't know what he's lost...

It was a great twist.

[member="Veiere Arenais"]

Hi mate, how is it going?

Looking back "baggage" was an awfully negative word for what I meant to say. The thing is that by now Abyss has done so much and evolved to point where I simply feel a disconnect between actual RP and his character. I'm not planning on discarding him completely, but like in the great thread you mentioned I really feel he is at his peak when he appears out of nowhere, does some mythical stuff and furthers the legends around him, and then fades back into the darkest corners of the galaxy until the time is right. Going on quests and all that fun stuff stopped suiting his character at some point, which is why both chars in my initial post have stories and backgrounds directly tied to him, for the most part unknowingly acting as his agents while he quietly moves his pieces around in some forgotten hole somewhere.

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
[member="Darth Abyss"]

Welcome back :) Hope that everything's going well!

Looking at the two characters you've put forth, I'm thinking that there's potential for [member="Derriphan"] to be included in the current story arc :)

[member="Lady Kay"]

Hey, everything fine over here, how about you?

That sounds promising. I'm not using discord rn, but feel free to drop me a message how he could be part of it. And what the current arc is lol.

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
[member="Derriphan"]

Life's keeping me busy with voiceover :) Working on a video game, as well as dubbing a japanese live-action show into English.

But I still find time to try to keep put of trouble here ;)

I'll drop you a message and we can chat :)

[member="Darth Abyss"] Nice to see you again!

I dig both characters, but I have to say I definitely got a fondness for Derriphan just because he seems to have that sort of dark fascination going on. Definitely, need to hit you up for threads or something once I clear out all the ones I owe.

-_-

Vereshin

V
[member="Darth Abyss"] Hey dude, good to see you back.

I'm always up for RPing, but I'm in a similar situation with Vereshin as you are with Abyss. If it helps, I've decided to reboot Vereshin as a knight, because not only am I not good at writing high-ranking characters, I genuinely don't enjoy it. Random adventures and intimate rituals are my thing, not amassing power bases and all that stuff.

So I recommend thinking really hard about what it is you wholeheartedly enjoyed writing with Abyss. If you do want to write the character again, craft him to fit that niche.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom