Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm alone? Have you ugh...met you?

Dagobah, the sensors indicated swamps, lots of swamps. Kei grunted, crawling from a small crook behind the main engine tubes. He'd never heard of Dagobah, he'd set down to fix his ship, the smoke bellowing from the engine room probably wasn't a good thing. Kei coughed slightly, a burned out ring in his fingers. T3-J8 beeped next to him, Kei nodding.

"Alterbering Ring's burned out. Gonna need to find a replacement before we get outta here"

He dropped to his knees, rummaging through his crate of tools. He didn't have an Alterbering ring on him, they rarely burned out. It would cost him to get a new one, but for now he needed to find a town or something, find a way to get himself airborne before he did anything. A Jertherbaring ring would do the same job, but removing the one he already have would make his ship go bang the moment he tried to take off.

He stepped down the boarding ramp, sighing. He'd put down dead in the middle of a swap, it wasn't good for his ship. The Ebon Hawk took up said swamp, but the end of the boarding ramp was still underwater. Kei growled to himself, setting off to find some sort of civilization.

[member="Kiara"]

Dagobah. How cliche, some say. How dangerous, some day. Don't kill me, some plead. Kiara sighed a loose sigh as she ran a hand through bits of hair that popped from her dirty blue robe. How cliche... She viewed the screens quietly, eyeing a troubled ship. Her spirits instantly rose with a dramatic effect. If that one were to die... she could have a new ship.
It's funny, how a single piece could end an entire thing like that. Just made it all the more common for people to come, die, and let her do her business with the leftovers.
[member="Kei Garnik"]

He waded slowly through the swamp, the force quiet. It was habit, to feel out with the force every time he landed on a new planet. The force, even though he knew nearly nothing of it, was his most powerful tool. He kept his hand near his blaster, weary of his surrounding area. He smiled lightly, thinking of T3's protests to leave the ship for fear of sinking. Kei was starting to wish he'd of stayed behind as well.

He stepped onto "dry" land slowly, his trousers caked in mud and grime. He'd been hearing stories how meditation could help a Jedi clear his mind and find what he was after, and if he wasn't in the middle of the swamp he would of tried it. Slowly, he continued walking, the mud sticking to him even more. He felt something, faint, but nothing worth checking out. Every planet gave off some force feeling.

Right?

[member="Kiara"]

It was a scene she'd seen to many times before, happening right in front of her. Why was it so common? She had to move, truly she should. Get away from the strange continuing behavior of Dagobah and try out a new hobby once in a while. Her face went still as she studied the stranger, then a weak smile pulled on her lips.
She would like him to come in. She wasn't sure why, and the Force had no answers, but she wanted his company. Using an old trick, she began to set out a guide on the ground for the man to follow. Hopefully enough, he would be able to sense and follow it accordingly.
[member="Kei Garnik"]

He closed his eyes, nothing. No force, no city within a hundred miles. Okay, maybe he was over exaggerating, but still, nothing. It was dead, everything was quiet. Then he felt a slight tug, nothing else. He closed his eyes again, the tug again. He'd never felt anything quite like it. He saw the dust on the floor, what? He was confused, sure, and slowly he kept his fingers locked around his blaster, following the feeling.

It was self correcting, every time he went the wrong way it would pull him back. He stood in front of the location it wanted him to be, fingers wrapping around his gun even tighter, knuckles white. Either whoever was inside was going to be the death of him, or was going to save him and give him a way home.

He wasn't sure.

He knocked.

[member="Kiara"]

Knock. Knock. Knock. The echo surrounded the area around the hut in a dark evil energy, as if telling him this was a terrible idea. Knock. Knock. Knock. Slowly, a pair of boots crunched over droid parts as they made their way to the door. Knock. Knock. Knock. There was a small moment of silence, then the door slid open, with an old hermit standing before the strange man.
"Who are you?" She questioned with a tone in her voice. "What do you want?"
[member="Kei Garnik"]

He blinked, scanning the hermit in front of him. He eased off the blaster slowly, still keeping his hand near. It would shake slightly, but nothing else. He continued looking for a few moment, holding out the burnt out ring towards said hermit. She looked innocent enough, although Kei couldn't be sure. He was sick of trusting people, most of them would stab him in the back, cause pain or kill him. Each one wasn't happy.

"My name is Kei Raxis ma'am. I don't even know where I am, I landed here to fix my ship. I found your hut here and ugh... wondered if you had a spare Alterbearing Ring so I can be on my way, go home and be on my way. I hate swamps, how do you put up with this, truthfully"

[member="Kiara"]

Kiara slowly rubbed her chin, looking as if she were confused by his language, as if it were alien to her. Asking for help? She hadn't heard of that too many times, but she supposed it would have to be more common. After a moment of trading glances to him and her workshop, she gave a simple shrug. "Isn't free," She commented, though she didn't much enjoy taking payment for her services, whenever she did end up giving them.
[member="Kei Garnik"]

"So you have one?"

He was patient, he wanted to work slowly, gain trust with the hermit. He needed this part more than anything, he needed this part to go home. He hated Degobah, the mud and swamp was horrific. He let his fingers relax fully from the blaster, sighing, nodding to the hermit once again. He nodded a lot, that's something that he noticed about himself. It happened, he felt bad but it was habit, and you can't help habit.

"I will pay you my friend, I will physically beg. I need this part, I need this part to go home"

[member="Kiara"]

The hermit lazily shrugged and looked back at her mess of a home. She was sure she had one somewhere, though the ship parts usually didn't linger long in the house... for special reasons, special reasons she never ended up telling many people. Her eyes flickered back, sending their powerful electric gaze on the boy. "How are you going to pay me?" She asked with a firm voice, though not trying to sound all too rude. For once.
[member="Kei Garnik"]

"Hermits, you don't need credits. I have many a crates of spice in the back of my ship, though ugh, I assume you don't want them. What I do have is a special sniper rifle...then again will you need it?"

He thought slightly, racking his brains. He needed to find something, something or anything to give this hermit for the part. He needed to work quickly, he needed to work for this part, he knew that, she was making him work. He wasn't giving his ship, that wasn't how it worked, and his droid was more important.

"What I do have is a crate of other ship parts. An entire crate of parts for one small ring"

[member="Kiara"]

Kiara looked taken surprised, as if offended at first. Her eyes burrowed into a thick scowl, then a single dirty hand pointed back to the several droids hanging from the ceiling. It looked like they were from all over the galaxy. Battle bots, small feline destroyers, pilots, assassin, and even some trash can shaped ones, which at one point someone actually threw trash in.
"I am an engineer of every type of mechanical piece you can find in this galaxy, and you come to my home and call me a hermit?!" She spat out with laces of poisonous venom. Her mood suddenly changed, like it had never been angry in the first place. "Well you're right. I want to see the goods before I go about giving you one of my few rings. If you can bring it here before the larger hunt comes out, we might have a deal."
[member="Kei Garnik"]

He nodded, returning to his ship slowly. It wasn't going to be a good few hours if he returned empty handed, and he thought about that as he grasped the side of the crate slowly, lifting it onto a small carry table. He wheeled the crate down the ramp slowly, nodding to T3 as he moved. It was hard, the mud didn't make it easy, but eventually he found himself back upon the shack of the Hermit. He smiled slowly, nodding.

He knocked the door lightly again, waiting before talking.

"I apologize for calling you a hermit earlier, I really do. I'm anxious, tired and annoyed"

He smiled slightly, apologetic.

"Here's your crate. I'll apologize for being a git, but i'm going to ask we get this over with so I can fit this part and get some sleep"

[member="Kiara"]

Kiara had almost fallen asleep over her table. Well, she may have, but when the door opened she was awake with her staff clutched in her hand. It took her a moment to rub her eyes and get her belongings straightened in her head, but then she moved over to the man to look at the crate of parts. "Let's see here," She mused quietly as a hand reached to feel over what was in store.
[member="Kei Garnik"]

Loose wires, broken sheets of metals and small gears and bolts and rings and screws, a small fan. They were just some of the things in the lovely crate of supplies Kei had built up over the months. He hated giving it away, but he knew he would have fun rebuilding it. He sigh lightly, nodding as he removed a small screwdriver from the crate, dropping it back on top of the pile. While to most people the stuff inside the crate might be scrap metal, a normal ship lover would notice about six hundred credits worth of gear, at least a good four hundred credits more than the ring he needed was worth.

"I've built this up for a while, have fun with it, huh?"

[member="Kiara"]

Kiara slowly chewed on her bottom lip, flickering sight to the parts, then the boy. It was a good offer, and she did actually quite need the parts for a different project. More moments of consideration, she walked into the hut and stood in the middle of it. "Come inside with the parts, please." She motioned to him. The room wasn't very big, maybe eight by eight if you cut past the shelves. But it could fit. They both could fit.
[member="Kei Garnik"]

He nodded, wheeling the crate inside slowly, unloading it into the middle of the hut. He eyed the hermit slightly, crossing his arms, waiting patiently to be told what to do next. He needed this ring, he wanted this ring. He wanted to fit it and go home, he needed to sleep before he passed out. He yawned lightly to himself, nodding once again to the hermit. He was seriously tired, he wanted to sleep, but he wanted to fit this part first.

"So...."

[member="Kiara"]

Kiara moved swiftly across the hut, back and forth knocking only a few items down. Finally, she pressed a single button. It was a drop, out of no where. The walls shifted and went up, while the ground and ceiling moved downward. Soon, cement, then metals crossed paths and claimed themselves as walls. It was going faster and faster, and Kiara just stood there like nothing was happening.
[member="Kei Garnik"]

Kei blinked, confused. He decided to remain silent, just watching the situation around him. It confused him, truthfully it confused him as to why her hut did what it did. Instead, he shrugged, blinking slightly before watching the hermit in front of him. He eyed the crate for a few moments, then the walls again.

"What the...?"

[member="Kiara"]

The speed increased so badly that some sticks were beginning to float up into the air, though Kiara took them no mind. It wasn't long before the speed slowed down, and came to a stop. The metal on the walls were white, and the hut still, even through all of that, seemed to remain the same. After a small moment, one of the walls split open vertically, then another, horizontal. "Welcome, Kiara." Ancient speakers spoke from the giant land before them. It was... a space station! From what it seemed. There were ships and ships all lined down the hall, backwards, forwards, and even around the elevator.
Wasting no time, Kiara stepped forward and went into what appeared to be a giant light freighter, all in near perfect condition, and worked at getting a load of pieces out from there. She didn't take but fifteen seconds to return with several rings of the description, all in different conditions. "Choose one, then we're leaving."
[member="Kei Garnik"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom