Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm a Pilgrim, I'm a Stranger (Jedi)

His opinion of velocities?

"Everyone learns differently," the Anzat answered evenly, shutting down his lightsaber and returning it to his belt. "Velocities can be good for discovering where your weaknesses are," the boy remarked, pointing to one positive to using them. "However, some people can become overly competitive. I've always felt that velocities were about improving yourself, not necessarily defeating your opponent."

Once again, Consular.

And, as before, Jedi of certain other persuasions might have disagreed. Some quite vehemently. Which didn't make him or them any more or less Jedi, though opinion would also vary in that regard as well. "To each their own there," the boy offered off-handedly.

Alternatives for the single Jedi. "Dulon -- shadow boxing -- can be good for developing muscle memory," the boy stated. A practice he often employed as well. "It can also be a form of meditation, in which case it's referred to as Alchaka."

That was the actual Alchaka, and not the more crude misnomer thrown about by adolescent padawans.

What else? "Remotes can be something of a middle-of-the-road solution," the boy reasoned, supplying another alternative he frequently used in his own training. "Random, if sometimes predictable, but allowing you to develop resourcefulness and responsiveness to a threat."

[member="Jorus Merrill"]​

[member="Sor-Jan Xantha"]

"What's the old quote? 'The ultimate aim of Vaapad lies not in victory or defeat, but in the perfection of the character of the participants.' Something like that. I'm not familiar with Dulon, not the Jedi version anyway; I know what Alchaka is, but I've rarely attempted it. Mostly when I try a moving meditation, I'm in hyperspace with my pilot's seat reclined, tossing a baseball at the ceiling." With a twinge of hesitation or regret, he shut off the sabre and found a spot to clip it onto his belt. It didn't hang like a sword or a pistol, and he shirted it around until it was comfortable -- meaning until the blade emitter pointed somewhere non-hazardous.

"I'll have to spend some time on Yavin Four, with the training droids and all. They don't really have a blademaster since Shule died, but what Academy does in this day and age?" Not for the first time, he wished Darron Wraith was still alive. The Grandmaster's televised execution several years back had both shaken Jorus and lost the Order its greatest combat instructor. Ben Watts would have been ideal, too, or Kiskla Grayson. Now those were Jedi. Those were the days. What had Traya said, about the great Masters of her day being children compared to those who'd come before? How often had the Jedi and Sith traditions been chopped down to nothing and imperfectly restored?

He kept those opinions to himself, but he suspected they did have a proper time and place. Facing insufficiency was how adults inspired themselves toward growth and change.

He'd long since stopped expecting the far-flung Jedi Order to be adults.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom