Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'll Find You

[member="Spark Finn"]

When the droid shut off, so did its repulsor lift. The automaton went clattering to the ground with a loud racket, Munin immediately jumping awake.

In an instant he looked around the room, reaching for the blaster that he had lost on Nar Shaddaa before realizing that he was still in the medical bay of his ship. His eyes shot towards the bed, then the droid, and then finally to Spark as he came to the realization that she had left her resting place.

A frown immediately set on her lips. "Hey."

He told her, no anger in his voice but a slight hint of fear.

"You're not supposed to be out of bed." The last thing Munin wanted was for her to injure herself now.

Spark Finn

Encrypt Code: 1989//
[member="Munin"]

She paused mid-step at his voice.

#busted

Slowly, she turned around, hugging the blanket tightly about her small form. She could see the worry and stress lines along his face. His blue eyes still looked....exhausted. She looked to the blaster in his hand, the smallest of smiles curling on her pale, thin lips.

"Like when we first met," blue-eyes moved from his own eyes, to the blaster, and back again.

"I need some caf," she murmured, feeling the weight of her limbs and the amount of energy it was taking to stand. She'd been through it and it would take her body awhile to recover. At least a few days.

[member="Spark Finn"]

"Sit." He told her.

There was no way he was going to let her wander around the ship, not when she was still injured.

"I'll get you the caf." Munin stood from his chair and gently touched her lower back. "Just sit down."

It was more than clear that the Slicer was concerned about her, more than that in fact. There was a terrible amount of hurt in his eyes. Not because of her, but because he felt as though he had let her down for not being here fast enough to prevent her injuries.

A silly notion, but it was how he felt. "You need rest."

Spark Finn

[member="Munin"]

"Wait," she said, quiet voice still hoarse and tired. Shuffling forward, she leaned into Munin's chest. Arms wouldn't release the blanket she clutched around herself but she leaned fully into him, his familiar scent drifting through the tip of her freckled-nose. Head turned, catching the beat of his heart beneath his shirt.

Legs shook a little but it was easier leaning against him. She would have to sit soon. But for a moment, she just wanted to feel Munin. And for someone who didn't like a whole lot of touch, it spoke volumes. Not even words were needed as she sighed against him.

#safeplace

[member="Spark Finn"]

His arms slowly wrapped around her.

Munin didn't like Spark's work with the Alliance, but really he had no right to complain. They put her in danger, they made her do stupid things, but at the end of the day Munin couldn't say anything about it without causing an argument that he would most assuredly lose.

His own work was just as dangerous as hers, if not more so, couple that with a dozen other factors and Munin was entirely sure the conversation would turn to how he was a criminal dealing with other criminals. Better to leave things unsaid, perhaps broach it in the future. An idea that will keep them both safe. "I'll get you home."

Munin whispered, pressing his lips against the top of her head.

Spark Finn

[member="Munin"]

The slicer closed her eyes against him. She leaned there for awhile, until her legs began to tremble. Slowly pulling back, she looked up at Munin and sunk wearily into the chair he occupied the night before. Leaning sick, she pulled her legs up to her chest.

She stared into space quietly as Munin left to get her caf. #coveteddrink

When he came back she'd ask.

"Do you have any of my clothes? And where did you say this new building is?"

[member="Spark Finn"]

"I have some spares in the cabin." The ship they were on wasn't huge.

The old freighter was something that he'd been using on and off for a weeks now. Someone had stolen it from someone else a long time ago and Munin had...acquired it through his own methods. The ship was tagged as a freighter, and by most planetary governments that passed without a hitch.

"It's in the outer rim." He told her. "Planet with no name except numbers."

One of a hundred thousand in that sector. "I erased it from most of the holo-net."

What he could reach anyway.

Spark Finn

[member="Munin"]

"Mmm," she murmured as she sipped the caf, cradling it in her pale-thin digits. She had no doubt Munin had stolen this, probably some of the rare good beans from halfway across the galaxy. They played the don't ask don't tell game. Just like unless he asked, she wouldn't tell him the details of her Alliance missions. And even better, he knew how she liked it with just the right amount of creme and sugar.

#perfect #itswhyIlovehim

Frowning, she looked up, letting her legs slide back to the ground as she leaned back in the seat.

"You don't think...after what we went through, those people will try to find you again?"

[member="Spark Finn"]

He frowned.

It wasn't really a question that he wanted to answer, not right now anyway. Spark was still recovering and this particular topic was one that neither of them were eager to discuss even on a good day. The Slicer frowned for a second, looking down at her. "I..."

Munin began and trailed off.

"I'm not sure." Some of the implants they had placed into him were deactivated now, but not all of them. "I still don't really know what they did in the first place."

He rolled his shoulders. "Or why they even care."

It wasn't something that they'd ever found out. "But for now don't worry. I made sure we wouldn't be found."

Spark Finn

[member="Munin"]

She sipped on her caf and let her head lean back. Exhaustion seemed to be a common theme since she was rescued. Her body was probably still recovering. "Okay," she spoke quietly as her eyes closed without her permission.

She trusted Munin. And that was a big deal for the Alliance slicer.

"Thank you for getting me," she yawned and curled up on the chair.

#stillclutchingcaf

[member="Spark Finn"]

He smiled, moving just a bit closer.

There wasn't really anything to it, there was no need to thank him. She would have done the same for him. The Slicer wished that he could have gotten there sooner, that he could have saved her before whatever had hurt her had actually done any damage at all. Yet he wasn't a god, he was only human.

Or something like it anyway.

"I'll always come get you." He told her. "No matter what."

No matter where.

For Munin it wasn't a question of if he would get Spark, it was how fast he could do it. The Slicer didn't care what sort of danger he had to run into or away from, he would always make sure that she was safe. As long as he breathed.

Spark Finn

[member="Munin"]

"I know," she said quietly. A small smile curved on her pallid lips. And she did know. She loved Munin and trusted him with her life. It took her a long time to get there. She still remembered the first time he said he loved her and she wasn't ready to return that response until nearly six months later. But the introvert was always slower with trust and relationships with people.

Munin broke down those walls.

Eyes closed but the small smile remained on her lips as her head tilted further into the back of the chair.

wVvoJkT.png
[member="Spark Finn"]

Munin stayed awake this time, mostly to make sure that Spark didn't wake up and try to wander off to get something else. He was more than conscious that she likely felt the need to go places, he had after that crazy AI had blown him up on Nar Shaddaa, but now was hardly the time. She needed rest, and more importantly she needed to relax.

He hoped their new home would help with that.

"Hey." Munin said as he gently nudged Spark, a small smile pulling at his lips. The young man sat next to her bed, the ship was idly cruising through realspace now, headed through a thick nebula that their new home lingered within. "We're almost there."

She'd need to wake up to get off the ship.

Or...well he could carry her too.

Spark Finn

[member="Munin"]

She sat up immediately. Fingers worked their way beneath glass lenses to rub sleepy eyes. The daze look on her face began to fade. Slam digits wrapped around Munin's hand before realizing what she was doing. Or without realizing it at all.

"I've never slept this much before," she mumbled. She yawned again. Stomach rumbled. Definitely hungry.

Looking down the slicer saw she was still in scrubs and the blanket. Still, she was nervous she was too weak to move on her own. Legs slid over the edge of the bed.

"Can you help me to where my clothes are?" Cheeks burned. #stillembarrassed

[member="Spark Finn"]

"Of course." Munin said without a second of hesitation.

He was here to help her, here to make sure that she got everything set just right. Munin wasn't sure just how long it would take her to recover, after all the force apparently helped with that sort of thing. The Slicer gently leaned forward and grabbed onto Spark, taking care not to hang onto her with a grip that was too tight.

"Here." He said as he pulled her up. "Careful."

He spoke quietly. "Don't want you hurting yourself."

Not more than she already had.

Spark Finn

[member="Munin"]

Arms wrapped around Munin unsteadily, then with a bit more familiarity. Bare feet hit the cold floor. Nose scrunched up in distaste. One arm clung around Munin for support. Side pressed against him and she used his body like a stable crutch. Walking slowly along his side, she made her way to the other room.

#good #getawayfrommedicalward #Ihatedoctors

"Okay. I think I can walk on my own now," she said quietly as they got to the small closet.

"Where'd you get this ship, anyway?"

[member="Spark Finn"]

Immediately Munin froze up for a few seconds.

Generally Spark didn't at all like it when he stole things. This was mostly because she was a good person and actually had a conscience to answer to. Munin himself of course tried to follow that example most of the time, knowing that it made her happy, but sometimes...well sometimes he hit an emergency.

”This old thing?” He asked with a sheepish smile. ”Its nothing honey, just a relic I fished out.”

The words were true enough.

The people he'd taken the ship from wouldn't ever miss it and he intended on keeping it. Not like he hadn't paid them back...at least in his own way.

Spark Finn

[member="Munin"]

Relic her bony butt.

#Pfffffft

"MMhm. Sure a relic." A small mile wound its way on her pale lips and she released herself from Munin so she could rummage through some drawers and a small closet. Finger plucked out a pair of skinny-jeans and a dark-blue shirt. "While I was with the Alliance, what were you up to?"

Fingers went down and peeled off the scrub bottoms first, then maneuvered herself into the skinny jeans. Next her hands went to peel off the scrub top, back turned to her boyfriend.

[member="Spark Finn"]

He watched her with only the slightest smile.

"I took some information from the Black Sun." He stated simply. "Ran into a self analyzing AI."

That was interesting. "Managed to sell the information to an interested third party."

That was how he could afford...well pretty much everything. He was an information broker, and a good one. Usually The Red Codex provided him with every tidbit of information he could ever need, but sometimes he had to get his hands dirty to actually acquire what he needed. A small smile touched his lips.

"The usual fun." He left out the explosion of course.

Spark Finn

[member="Munin"]

"Just...make sure you're being careful," pot calling the kettle black but the slicer didn't care. Shirt tugged over her head and she turned, readjusting the black-rimmed glasses up her freckled-nose. "I mean I trust you but....I worry about the people you deal with."

She frowned.

She knew she dealt with dangerous people too. #can'thelpworrying And she'd done some shady stuff before being found by the jedi. The slicer knew what it was like to work with criminals. And now she was dating one. #ha

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom