Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If we shadows have offended... [Open to CIS]

Each passing second that Aya spoke Kurenai became even more assured that her hypothesis would be correct, honor faith, just from the names and what they had apparently did one could not help but seem them as personification of certain traits. Combined that with the fact all of them seemed to be women and along with the fact 'Youth' stood in front of them she could not help but draw paralleled between this and her own son. Was this something like Aya's internal emotions as people? the induced coma making it into some sort of war in the brain or heavens? Dreams were quite the surreal experience, for now she though it best not to ask any questions and just let their current guide explain things, the towering castle in front of them indicating the end of their trip.

"Over protective, yes I can see that, but with a war going on wouldn't that be expected"? More so with 3 individuals that were very different in looks compared to those around. Such actions were quite common for guards of royalty back in ancient times when nations were at wars, she herself was a bit surprised the guards didn't even search them for hidden weapons. Unless the leaders were more then capable of handling themselves in case of a assassination threat... not that Kurenai would be doing that anytime soon.

Putting such thought to the side the group was brought into the main hall, the style and decor being quite expensive in look and colour, everything around screamed royalty at the top of it's lungs, but that was not were Kurenai's attention was focused on. Instead the women's eyes were planted firmly onto the women seated at the current table, the moment the first voice came out she knew the deal. As each and everyone made their introductions her thoughts were confirmed 100%, each and every women here was just a fragmentation of Aya's personality. She should have been a little surprised but she was more relived that her little suspicion was proved correct as this was situation she had to deal with for several years.

Stepping forwards Kurenai gave a deep respectful bow to the different persona's, "greetings to all of you, my name is Kurenai Yumi, a Knight Obsidian from the CIS, my purpose here is to aid you in what ever manner possible". "Though at this current time I am not yet informed on the present problems facing this land and it's people". Yes the first mystery was solved but now she needed to understand what exactly they were fighting and why, along with how to free Aya from this coma.

[member="Aya Clarke"] [member="Zeke Tune"]

Aya Clarke

Lady Clarke, Saint of the Crimson Eagle
"Then you are in luck, the Council was just about to begin deliberations once more. Please take a seat." Ruler waved their gilded hand, and sufficient chairs would be brought out to be seated, as Youth rushed over to her seat beside Lady, the unarmed woman patting Youth's head gently like one would a well behaved child. "Let us again discuss the matter of the traitorous Doubt."

"Doubt is not one to forsake her oaths so lightly, we must let her have her piece. It is our duty to the people to stop-"

"Again you speak of peace while that traitorous wench brings death and defiance to my doorstep. Are you so naive General as to believe she has aught but ill intent?"

If looks could truly kill, the glare that both Ruler and General gave one another would have brought ruin to the galaxy. Instead, the assembled group sat back, as Lady stood.
"Please, you do our people a disservice by turning their deaths to bargaining chips. We must reach a conclusion to this stalemate, we cannot hope to last an eternity against her forces. If for that reason alone we must seek a peaceful resolution, Ruler. General may not trust her but for our people we must try."

Honor then stood, startling Faith who sat beside her. "You cannot be serious! She has forsaken her oaths to her Monarch! That alone is punishment worthy of death and you would have us parlay? If we let one injustice slide then there is no telling how many more will come, do you wish to bring our ruin? If so Lady I would advise you begin carrying a right and proper sword, so I may bear no guilt running you through myself."

There was a sickly grin on Knight's face, the only sign of their thoughts. The sort of sickly grin a sith lord may give weak and foolish prey, unable to escape, the look before a massacre. That hungry look made Survivor, the unremarkable knight, cringe in fear, as if attempting to hide behind Youth. The robed Faith stood up, and quickly settled everyone back to their seats as she spoke with melodic tones. "My friends, sit, sit. We waste the Goddess's precious time fighting with one another, and she surely will weep for us should we lose our restraint. We must let her will be made clear, and we have been given a boon. Our guests, unexpected, must surely be signs from Her. Perhaps we should allow their ideas, as our Ninth?"

Another argument nearly broke, before Ruler lifted a hand with a tired sigh. "I will hear what [member="Kurenai Yumi"] has to say. But she will not be the Ninth, merely, a suggestion of a Ninth. Kurenai, what say you? You have heard our pieces, I have confidence you understand the plight. Ask if you must, but what would you believe to be the course best to take?" There was a quiet murmur, but the group didn't argue with Ruler. Instead, they turned their gaze, waiting expectantly.

Well that was to be expected, quite literately each person present gave an accurate representation of their assigned persona. General seemed to want a stop to the fighting as quickly as possible, seemed their entire though process was on strategic plane and nothing else. Wasn't a surprise that Ruler disagreed, Kurenai guessed she wanted to do what was right for the people but also, as any ruler, would wanted to 'dispose' of this traitor. It was kind of ironic doubt appeared to be this one, kind of like an old saying of a person being bombarded with doubt. Kurenai concluding it was her forces that were attacking g the castle. 'That would explain the same symbols on their armor but a different colour'.

Lady's little speech wasn't to much of a surprise, though it wasn't something she agreed with in the slightest, if doubt was attacking in the first place a peaceful talk didn't seem like an ideal option. Herself only able to see such a peace with very heavy demands on the enemies end, probably resulting in most of the people in this room being beheaded. Not that her views were bad, just not in any way a type of view you would want to have in war time, unless you were wanting to present a war from breaking out in the first place.

Honor... she sounded just like her daughter and some of the more traditionalist Riben-Jin she had met, to be honest if she knew the full extension of Doubts deeds and if this was a normal military campaign that didn't set place in the MIND of someone her view would be easy to go with. Unfortunately Kurenai would have to take things differently for once least make Aya brain dead and possible effect her own mind in some karked up way.

She continued to listen, more or less zoning out faith, religious stuff wasn't really her strong suit, if there was some god or godess it certainly didn't care about the people in the galaxy. Her more then screwed up life was a testimate to that, but she didn't have any ill will towards them, live and let live, unless the pose a threat to you. Seemed the others present didn't really care much either, no one standing up to refute faiths... well faith, seemed they kind of just let her be too.

Finally Ruler addressed her personally, Kurenai stepping forwards with her usual stoic face, quickly looking over those present, giving the assemnly a customary bow. "Thank your for letting me speak ruler, I for one will have to disagree with Lady, this 'doubt' you speak of clearly wants and is spilling blood, from what I can see peace talks would not seem to work, in addition nor do I believe that some sort of cease fire can be achieved, not since it seems you are on the defensive". "That being said killing them outright it a little to drastic, true they are a traitor, but before any form of punishment knowing the reason for their treason would be vital".

"In short I believe defeating doubt in a military conflict and bringing them in for questioning and punishment would be the most ideal course of action, though that is just my suggestion, you have no obligation to take it at face value, I am just going off experience". She may have bee no military leader but you learn a few things upon getting to 800 years old and this place was in a right pickle. "What ever decision the council decides upon I will most likely be willing to give my support in their war effort".

[member="Aya Clarke"]

Aya Clarke

Lady Clarke, Saint of the Crimson Eagle
There was a murmur that went through most of the members of this council, looking from one to another as though trying to decide how best to take what Kurenai had said. It seemed the side Ruler supported in this debate, the side that wished to bring the conflict to a swift end by crushing the army of Doubt's soldiers, was quite delighted that she agreed. The side General supported, that of finding an alternative means to end it, was still frustrated. Most concerned was Survivor, who seemed to shrink away from the group as General stood herself up.

"Even if we march to war we stand little chance of success. With Doubt went not a ninth but half our collective forces. The fact remains that it is only by virtue of our walls we remain standing to fight. Were we to march upon the field of battle against her forces surely they must by now outnumber us by a significant margin. If we are to take Miss Kurenai's word as a Ninth, we must not be quick to march against her. Our forces are neither as unified or prepared to assault a fortress as Doubt's."

"Then send me and Kurenai. Between me and her I'm sure we can bring down Doubt, alive or dead." Knight licked her lips hungrily, the prospect of a hunt getting to her.

"For once I am in agreement with my, less than valiant companion. However it should be I who marches into her stronghold, not this blood soaked fraud of a knight."

Knight snarled, had barely drawn her weapon's hilt when Ruler lifted a hand, both Knight and Honor being forced to their knees as if under some force. "Enough. General, if I agree to send a force with Kurenai, to infiltrate and take Doubt back here to explain herself, will you be satisfied?"

General looked between Ruler and Kurenai, before speaking directly to the Atrisian.
"If Kurenai is left in charge, and gives me her word to bring Doubt back unharmed, I suppose I can acquiesce. But if she is in charge, I also would request she be left to decide which members of our council are permitted to join, myself and Ruler excluded."

Ruler seemed satisfied at last, and let her hand fall down, releasing the bickering duo. "Ah well then, if she agrees to this, we can begin can we not? Miss Kurenai, do you agree to General's requests? Please do and decide who will be joining you, I would hate to drag this on longer than I must. I grow weary of dealing with this nonsense."

[member="Kurenai Yumi"]

Once again she had an idea for what each persona would say before they even said it, 'general' with her sound but very one minded stance on battle. Still she did have a point, with the way things looks a pitch battle was out of the question, even with her on their side she could only do so much. Sometimes quantity over quality did win you battles, even if she herself didn't want to admit it.

Knight seemed quite eager to have a fight, maybe too much, were not knights supposed to be honorable and upstanding? Maybe warrior would have been a better title, not that it mattered. Looking back to ruler Kurenai gave another short bow, "I'd be more then willing to undertake this task and bring doubt back to a trial".

"As for compatriots to take, I would request honor first of all as long as she gives word not to kill doubt on sight if armed", at least she wouldn't try to kill her if unarmed. She did wonder about doubts combat abilities, from the name alone one would expect her to be more like a scared version of lady, but it was impossible to know unless asked, something she could talk about later. "I'd also like to take youth along, I've seen her combat capabilities and she seems ideal for small places if sneaking is required, as long as she remains silent through the operations".

Lastly came a decision she would rather not make, but felt necessary, "I would also like to bring knight along, in the case things go south, we'd need someone to help fight without question, I know she does not seem to get along with you Honor, but it id better to be safe then sorry". "The main requirement for her to come along is a short leash, no killing unless I say so or it is necessary, and don't be surprised if I need to use you as a distraction". She gave knight a stare and cocked eyebrow while waiting for a reply, hoping that evey0ne would put their differences aside this one time to take down doubt.

"Those are all I wish to take, unless faith or lady want to partake in such a mission, though I have a feeling both of you would rather stay behind, if there is nothing else to discuss I'd like to begin preparations for this operation". They would need to act fast before the next wave attacked the city walls, hopefully getting to the enemy stronghold before their army fell back for the time being. Though with the medieval like tools they had on hand this mission would be more... complicated.

[member="Aya Clarke"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom