Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Ideologues

"In a sense." Cedric offered a slight smile. He could give any entire treatise on the nature of the Force if he had the time, but he doubted that would really appeal to Illian. The young man seemed more of a doer, less interested in the philosophical aspects of the Force. Cedric couldn't blame him. He'd operated similarly in his youth.

"Well, I won't say no to you," how could he? There were few force sensitives without ties to the great power, and Cedric needed students if his ideology was to live beyond him. "I must you warn you though, I intend to go to war soon. My people are gathering on Ruusan in force. Once the preperations have finished, I will be heading a campaign to reclaim the Tingel Arm from the Sith Empire."

The Jedi peered at Illian searchingly. "If you still wish to join me, I could use a man I can trust."

Illian Dragos Illian Dragos

Touching his head, he contemplated if this was the right decision, especially in response to Cedric's elucidation. The Epicanthix new he needed to push back hard, and adopt a more firmer tone if he were to make himself absolutely clear, believing tto have given a wrong impression on what he meant by being his companion.

"Any conflicts between the Confederacy and its allies including but not limited to, the Sith and the Silver Jedi, I'm not being a part off.", slightly raising his voice to show how serious he was. "Maybe I'll change my mind if that gives you any hope, but I'm not looking to get blacklisted by the Knights Obsidian. There are acquittances here that I'd like to keep. Sorry." His face slightly saddened at the thought of making Cedric unhappy.

"I'm here to follow you Cedric: see how you work. Your moral framework, your philosophy: any other big words I can use to describe this - I'm just here to see how you live. See a Jedi's perspective. Also, since you mentioned so many people hating you, I'll need a new identity. I don't know how to get that: I suppose someone like yourself can get me something. "

Raising his finger, he uttered one more last thing.

"I'll also need something to disfigure my force signature. Can't have people know it's me. Other than that, sure, I'll have your back."

Cedric pondered the offer in silence. The likelihood that Illian was a confederate spy was low, but not impossible. He could imagine that whatever information he might provide would not be worth a starship to the confederates. He was unwelcome, not on the radar though.

"
The Sith are my primary target," the exile replied plainly. More students were needed, but not at the cost of open deceit. Perhaps once he saw the way they operated in battle, Illian would change his stance. Even still, the knowledge that the CIS and the Sith were openly in league with one another was worrisome. It was the first he was hearing of it, of course he'd been out of the galactic game for some time up until very recently.

"Well, you may come with me to Ruusan if you wish. You can leave whenever you like, but I'm happy to impart whatever knowledge I can." Hopefully this wasn't a sour investment. "A false name is easy enough. You only need to pick one," the exile's brow furrowed. "As for scrambling your presence in the Force, there are certain items that might help you. Other than that, one can mask their presence easily enough with a bit of practice."

"I'll see what I can do on my end. " he replied. "I don't think that I know how to mask my presence - I'll have to find some items somehow", stroking his beard as he contemplated how he could meet his end goal.

"Sure: I've never been to Ruusan. I hope it will serve both of us well. I'll have to think of a name while we are going there, but it will come up when I need to." An idea came out of his mouth as quickly as he had thought about it. "We can meet at Nar Shadaa if you don't mind: its a good neutral location. I'll need a world where we cna meet: one week's time. I don't actually need that much long period of time, but other circumstances need me to stay here a bit."

Illian then looked at his leg.

"By then, I'll be more mobile. Other than that, I'm good to go." Cedric Grayson Cedric Grayson

"It's relatively simple technique honestly. To mask oneself in the Force, you only need to let go of the ego, as it were." How better to explain it? Cedric rarely practiced the technique, usually only in the presence of students that he'd want to observe anonymously. He slowly rose to his feet, arms folding behind the small of his back as he prepared a quick lesson in his head.

"The easiest way to learn is through mirroring. Reach out with the Force, feel the world around you," Cedric did exactly as he bid, his senses extending throughout the glade. They focused in on a colony of ants bustling about nearby. "You must mirror the beast. Focus upon the insects. Feel their presence within the empyrean. It is muddied, unintelligent, undefined. A creature that exists simply for the sake of existence. There are no greater motivations beyond serving their queen. Linger upon that. Come to understand it as an ego all its own. Once you have memorized the texture of their presence, imagine yourself as the ant, and that your presence is equally intangible."

His eyes opened, "It is an art that will take some practice, but you can use this ability to adopt the presence of nearly any creature if you take the time to memorize their form of existence."

A pause. "My people are going to have a celebration back home shortly. It might be a good chance for you to see how we operate."

"Umm, okay." He found his explanation weird, making a fame smile as Cedric's explanation didn't click with him.

"When is this celebration?" he wondered.

"Also, I don't drink., attempting to calm down any mental images off drinking- Illian not wishing to be mentally enslaved to an item. "Where is Ruusan? Who owns it?"

Cedric Grayson Cedric Grayson

The faux nature of Illian's smile was not lost on Cedric. The Jedi Master could only shrug in response. Different students learned in different ways, and not everyone could relate their connection with the Force to parables as Cedric had learned to.

"There are several tools that can help you accomplish the same goal," he added, a slight smile of amusement coloring his features as he finished his meal. "But that is not important for now. I shall meet you on Nar Shaddaa as a waystation, and then you may come to Ruusan if you wish. From there you may leave at anytime, but as I've warned, I am preparing for a war."

The exile waved a hand about. "But that's neither here nor there for now. We won't be able to move until tomorrow one way or another. Get some sleep, after that you can start preparing to join me if you still wish to do so once you've rested." The Jedi leaned back against one of the logs as he allowed himself to enjoy the heat of the fire on his face. "Adventure awaits," he mused, a quiet laugh following his words as his eyes drifted shut and he began to delve into his private meditations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom