Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion IDCARRATOS | GA Dominion of Carratos

New_GA1.png

THE_WARDEN
THERE IS NO EMOTION, THERE IS PEACE
THE NEW JEDI ORDER | PROSPERITY | BYOO

VOICES
cj2JhgK.png

The dome-shape of the room pulsed cool blues carved into the walls. Ancient script that rhythmically hummed with the connection to those within. While Asmundr had been meditating, it had been steady glitters that danced up and down the arched structure. As soon as Dagon started to speak, the patterns became a little more muted; gently pulsating in the corners of the room and once or twice at the apex.

Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze 's eye contact and admission were heart-shattering. True to his word, he did not immediately jump in and denounce Kaze for categorizing his actions as a failure. His expression remained soft, kindred, empathetic. Listening. He only shifted his weight a bit to get comfortable, so the youth didn't feel as though he were speaking to an insurmountably large statue.

He remained silent for a few intervals after the announcement of lineage was dropped. For a moment, he closed his eyes –– following the blue, gold, red, and silver lines of the past that connected and interwoven eventually to the present. There were several instances of divergence along the way; in the past anyway. The future was too gaussian for the seer to interpret without dedicated focus.

"I knew the voice of your father. Haytham." Was one of the first things he said. "He was a student of Grandmaster Grayson."

Drawing in a deep breath, Asmundr nodded slowly. Processing the words and all their implications.

"And his voice.." he began
"..do you only hear him encouraging your darkness in fatal moments? Or is he whispering even now."

0v7RlQs.png

Gavid Thorne.

Bold Marine.

Cigar lover.

Mustache haver.

And currently-

Holding a game of Pazaak with some prolific businessman of Carratos. He had managed to sweet talk his way into the situation, and sweet talked and muscled his way into the game. He looked over his cards, adjusting the field cap he was wearing. He had a good hand. The other man did too.

Dealt a good hand, and a better number, his deck was stacked. The finest cards in the galaxy. Legal in all of the tournaments of course. The on-lookers were sweating nervously, and the man across from him shifted in his chair.

"Your move, Chief."

He said with a smug grin, indicating for him to go first.

He thumbed the flip card in his hand, smiling. The man got a six, played a four, then nodded at Gavid. Gavid tapped the table, was dealt a 9, and played a 4 as well. The other man laughed, and stood for his turn.

Gavid smiled grimly, glancing around the room.

"Funny thing about Marines..."

MQLzKcK.png

OBJECTIVE II - NOW YOU FALLANASSI, NOW YOU DON'T

"Are lightsaber forms and foce abilities what makes us Jedi?" The girl retorted with a small smile.

She took a minute after to thoroughly consider his words. She had read about different views of the force in the archives, while she awaited a master. Predetermination was never one that had set well with her. The force around them was all encompassing- and alive. It responded to the slightest nudge, playfully pushing back. It offered itself up as a guiding light when needed, but never did it go further than offering an encouraging hand.

"That was a big part of it, yeah- their unwillingness.

"I..."

Her words trailed off as she tried to craft an answer to the question. Her brow furrowed, frustration at the lack of syllables coming. Another moment of silence fell before she spoke again.

"My family are all Silvers- and those who aren't force sensitive, devout Concordians. We were from Mirial, and when it was subjugated, we fled. The Silvers took us in with open arms, resettled us. When the Elder Compact thing happened, it didn't sit right with me, despite all my family owed them. My father is a politican. He said I couldn't understand the threat of the Bryn'adul at my age, the need to align with the Empire. I was only starting my learnings then, but I knew what was right, and that... wasn't."

She shook her head weakly, her father's cold word ringing in her ears.

"I've always been empathic- they called it a gift when I was a little kid, said I could use it to help change the galaxy. But that gift was a double edged sword when the force wounds started to happen. I was far away, but it was like a faint cry, all the lives lost letting out their final breathe to make sure everyone knew of the atrocities."

Xashe glanced over, a faint drip heard from one of the tunnels that peeled off, but no source could be found in the darkness.

"Then, time and time again, they were too weak to defend their people. My dad made sure our home was evacuated before it was lost to the front- but all the neighbors, the kids I grew up with on the estate... they weren't lucky like I was. And instead of asking the people that could help," She gestured to Rhis, referencing the Alliance and their allies. "They let politics rule them. They turned to the Sith, and in turn, vowed to aid them. You can't fight evil with evil- because one will be left standing, and then you're faced with the same problems again."

She grimaced, looking back to Rhis.

"So I left, to do what I thought was right- knowing I could only choose my own way, and hope my family would find theirs."

Last edited:
MOSHED-2021-3-17-0-56-55.gif

THE PROSPERITY | NEW JEDI ORDER
Asmundr Varobalder Asmundr Varobalder
kwzlsmL.png

Dagon sought but found no lines convulsing on his master's face - anything to hint at disappointment, surprise, or even fear; nothing. But then again the Warden was renowned for his reserved and unreadable nature. The young Jedi wasn't sure what he had expected, after all this was his mentor, and to an extent his fatherly figure. It had been a decade, or so since the bright-eyed boy had appeared on Coruscant and was taken under Asmundr's wing.

A silent gasp escaped his mouth to learn that his master knew of his father. What surprised him, even more, was the revelation that Haytham was once a Jedi. And not any Jedi but a student to the infamous Grandmaster Grayson. Dagon's mind contorted the knowledge into an inevitable destiny - like his father, he was bound to fall.

"I-uh..." he stammered for words, still shaking off the grim thought, "...the former, mostly. He calls out and tempts me with the power of the dark side." the padawan shut his eyes, then half-opened them, "It all started when I faced my brother on Ziost. Ever since then I feel like he-- I think he's somehow possessed him, at least to an extent. When I reached out through our bond, that's when I felt our father's presence, he-- I don't know, I think he used that bond to get to me." he sighed deeply, but the tension over his shoulders remained steadfast. Is it inevitable?

New_GA1.png

THE_WARDEN
Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze

VOICES
cj2JhgK.png

He nodded sagely, keeping rhythm with the information his student was willing to share. It took great restraint for him not to oversee what was given –– not to tread too deeply into the visions of the past and the future and let the course of the currents carry where they would. Predestination was never something he wanted for the youth of the New Jedi Order. Especially when each one was so ready to damn themselves.

"Moments we categorize as fatal are often because we so tightly associate our emotions with them. That's what makes them fatal; our perception. Our dilution. Our very real, human emotions.

You've experienced these weaponized and used to drive harm.

But they can be limited to parameters that guide us; keep us within boundaries."
He held up a hand, palm facing his raven-haired Padawan, vying for his patience to continue the explanation.

"Grief and pain are perhaps the sentiments that make us most human, and they're the ones we wear most openly when they're fresh.
All that hurt...what you're feeling...it's easy to detect. Which is likely why those intimate times are when he appears; You're searching. Vulnerable and exposed and defaulting to what you know. Or think you should know."

He inhaled again, adjusting his tone to be more curious once more.

"Tell me more about what you meant when you felt the light wasn't enough."

kwzlsmL.png

Asmundr's words rang true, too true that Dagon averted his eyes to the side. He really read him like an open book, even if he tried hard for it not to show. Maybe that was one of the reasons Dagon had so passionately sought to leave his master's shadow, follow Ryv into the fray and pave the path of the future on his own. Maybe Sunstrider was right - maybe Dagon was selfish. Selfish enough that it cost the life of his lov-- he winced and shoved the thought away.

"It just...wasn't." he replied, then shook his head - not the way he wanted to deliver that retort. "What I mean is - in that moment the dark was far easier to grasp." he explained, then argued, mostly with himself rather than with his master, "I felt like I didn't have a choice. It was either that or leaving Kaska to get fried to death." there was a flare slowly rising in his voice. The internal turmoil was emerging - one part of him justifying his actions, the other rebuking them.

New_GA1.png

THE_WARDEN
Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze

VOICES
cj2JhgK.png
Dagon's admission was hurtful, and it showed in the shade that fell over Asmundr's face. For a moment, he lowered his eyes. For the light not to be enough meant he had failed Dagon. Not the other way around.

"What I mean is - in that moment the dark was far easier to grasp."

"Of course it was, Padawan." His tone was surprisingly serene, several intonations away from rebuking the action he'd taken. "When you're faced with the reality of mortality, either yours or the ones you're attached to, fear will exist. Your feelings will always be the first to motivate you and...the first to betray you. That's why they're the most attractive lure to the darkside.

The darkside is blinding and welcoming in moments like that. It hunts. The Light can be a little more elusive."
He shifted. "You have to search for it.

But you have to know what you're looking for."
It was well-apparent Dagon was lacking in his meditation requirements, but Asmundr would point that out later. Probably around the same time he suggest he visit Michael Sardun Michael Sardun 's abode and witness the true power of the Light in a passive, observance-forward way. Less condemnation from the elder Battlemaster. "Beyond the promise of death, and understand there is only the Force.

For each negative, there is a positive. For darkness, there is light. They balance one another, and can be managed in battle to expose each's weaknesses; anything Force-born can be countered with The Force."

He paused in his lesson and gave a thoughtful hum at the back of his throat. "You're not a bad person, Dagon. You might have done wrong, but you have not failed. Not yet.

Failure happens when we don't learn from our experiences. All the hurt around us is in vain."

The meditation sphere had been long-since purified, thousands of years ago used to cast illusions through the stars during great fleet encounters. Now, it was clean. A tool for teaching, and grounding oneself. Asmundr straightened his back, reassuming a meditational pose.

"Are you open to revisiting that scene, with me? As a lesson?"

kwzlsmL.png

Dagon meagerly squinted catching the faint shade crossing Asmundr's amber orbs; so there was something beyond that great wall. Despite its fugitive nature, the young padawan was relieved to have been able to catch it. Even if its meaning escaped him. He carefully listened to his mentor's explanation of the duality of the Force; words he had heard before. The only difference? Now they stung. The elusive Light versus the tempting Dark. He had known it by heart, even applied it to near perfection, his innate strong connection to the Force and his master guiding him with ease; the Warden was one of the finest masters of the Order, a legendary figure.

Yet neither he was infallible.

The war changed everything. Worlds falling to the butchery of the Sith, the cries of the galaxy shrieking for help only to receive none. The duo's relationship corroded by Dagon's own volition. It began with questions levied by the padawan, ever the curious and inquisitive one. Questions that bode no answers to satisfy him. Dagon's mind had been set already. Manifested in a preconception driven by his fiery youthfulness and desire to escape the Warden's shadow. Ryv rose his beckoning blade in the air and Dagon followed. It had never been the same since then. Was this another relationship tarnished by incognizant selfishness? His mulish head refused to answer.

The thin smile began to dissipate in his reflections and completely vanished when Asmundr suggested reliving the same scene Dagon wished to rip off his memory forever. He bit his lower lip, reluctance seized his chest before a deep sigh released it. If only a little. "Yeah, sure." the padawan shut his eyes and reached for the empyrean. With the aid of the meditation chamber and his master's presence, he easily grasped what he looked for; despite it being locked with a thousand chains in an impenetrable chest and sunken into the ocean of his consciousness.

The scene manifested vividly before them in the realm of the ethereal. All senses merged into one - the sixth. Grief and hurt seeped into the intangible vision, only neutered by his master and the chamber's tranquility. The engineering core of the Prosperity wrecked in havoc. He stands ahead of Kaska with one goal in mind - to eliminate the Sith before them. Lightning suddenly crackles from all sides of the Jedi, she draws it all away from him, and unto her, the way ahead is open for him, he hesitates, to strike the sith down at the cost of his friend or to heed the call, to save her and reclaim his legacy, the hesitation disappears and darkness envelops his form, he snaps his hand forward and the chained Force abides crushing the Sith and ceasing the storm.

The lights flash back on and Dagon is back at the meditation chamber wild-eyed, drowned in sweat and his chest heaving under a heavy strain. No words came after, the shock encapsulating his tongue.

HTNLzbL.png

Objective 3

Junkyards.

Never did he really like that name. It implied that nothing in there was worth anything of value. Junkyard was basically calling it a dump. But in reaity, if you were lucky, they were the exact opposite.

Small splashes were made with each step he took, mud slightly rising into the air. This was one of the bigger junkyards he had seen, but definently not the nicest. Stuff had been just thrown everywhere, no organization whatsoever. Hopefully that didn't mean he would be out of luck today.

With him was a backpack and a small set of tools, just in case he found anything interesting. Apparently junk was such a problem on Carratos that they said you can take what you want. All free of charge. That was just asking for cool stuff to be found. Unfortunately he couldn't bring his ship within the yard's perimeter, or he would have loaded up and hauled ass out of here.

So far, all he had found was a few small parts for his X-Wing. Nothing too crazy yet. But that soon changed with what he saw up ahead. It was a creation that he had never seen before. The design was beautiful, and it looked like a ship produced by a factory. Yet nothing like this had come to his mind.

Up in front of him was a CR90 Corvette with a hangar bay attached to its right side. The ship was perfect. He had been looking for a mid-sized vessel to haul all of his starfighters, and it looks like he just hit the jackpot.

Now all he had to do was fire it up.

Last edited:
New_GA1.png

THE_WARDEN

Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze
VOICES
cj2JhgK.png
Fire erupted behind The Warden’s pupils, The Force welcoming him into the neutrality of review. It was almost academic, the way he observed. There was no sway he held here, no ability to course correct. Venturing into the past was significantly easier than looking forward; Or being aware of something while it was happening in the present; as he had been with the Ossus massacre. He’d felt those pains, those pulls; and to the unawares of the Kaze descendent, he pulled the threads of that interaction to overlap with the vision he was being welcomed to now. Recognizing the nodes, dips, swells, and plateaus that made a pattern.

As aware as he had been with the fallout on Ossus. He hadn’t felt the details, but he’d felt the insurmountable loss. The rage. The fury. The devastation. He had intended to allow Dagon to invite him into that memory as well, but the boy was cautious to share. His trust with Asmundr was as boundless as it was tenuous, and thus he was forced to flex as a reminder.

A pattern evidenced, and Asmundr made a small sound at the back of this throat and reached out to put a massive mitt on Dagon’s shoulder, both to steady and reassure the emotional Padawan.

“The pain will not stop, Padawan. It will not leave you until it’s finished teaching you.”

He made a gesture as if playing the strings of the harp as he pulled the invisible pattern into glowing, golden fruition ahead of Dagon’s eyes. He’d see their gentle thrum, and the areas where there were intersections glowed a little brighter; enough to cast a shadow.

“There’s a lesson here,” he pointed to the glowing overlaps, doing his best to keep his tone neutral and turn this into a lesson. “Between this instance and Ossus, and a few of your other painful interactions,” his finger stopped at one of the shadows cast. “The voice you’re hearing beckons you to the easiest trajectory. Almost as if blinding you to anything but the obvious.

We’re going to have to work on expanding your visibility.”
Appropriate, given how wide Asmundr’s vision was. “Seeing beyond the most immediate emotion and option.”

kwzlsmL.png
Asmundr's hand on his shoulder brought a steady degree of tranquility over the turbulence raging within and without. The stupor in his eyes gradually declined but did not fade away; it remained to linger like a shadow at high noon. Barely visible, but always there. With his other hand, the Warden strung the air weaving a web of constellations. They flickered in the color of his mentor's eyes, some stars brighter than the other. Dagon observed them, almost lulled by their glimmer, until Asmundr uttered a word that punctured the air out of his lungs.

Ossus.

Ayana's face flashed across his mind and nearly drew out a tempest of emotions. Only the sanctified ataraxy of the chamber and the Warden held it back.

"I've never missed a detail in my life, why now?" the padawan's woefully false thoughts slipped out of his mouth unintentionally, a small shake of his head, then, "How? Life and death are decided in a heartbeat in the heat of battle. In a blink of an eye. Any hesitation and I would've failed to protect--" he cut himself short and drew in a deep breath of air, "-- I don't have the same farseeing eyes you have, master. My strengths - they're... different." raw, unrefined telekinetic power.

How can I save those around me if I can't save myself?

MQLzKcK_d.jpg

K N I G H T
GALACTIC ALLIANCE
NEW JEDI ORDER
CARRATOS

wsL0bBY.png
Perhaps he misjudged her character in the first place. While at first praising the fact she left the Silver Jedi, he was skeptical about Xashe; however, she impressed Rhis on her answer to his question. She wasn’t just any Jedi as her father carried power and influence in his position as a politician in Concord. He wouldn’t be surprised if she was labeled as the black sheep after disagreeing with her father, and leaving everything she knew and held dear to behind.

“It takes a great deal of courage to do what you did, Xashe, and that is something to be commended on. We must always commit to what is right, even if it conflicts with the wishes of others.”

“Those that stoop to that level of desperation like the Silvers are weak and ruled by fear. It still compels me those that fight for freedom and justice would consider the idea of forging an alliance that has oppressed many of its own. I can only hope your father and your family realize their mistakes, they could learn a thing or two from you.”
Complimenting his Padawan while criticizing those he deemed weak. He could see somewhat of himself in her. Someone that prides themselves in doing the right thing, even though others would condemn them for it. The path he walked was full of strife and conflict, going to the extremes to slaughtering Sith Acolytes; however, that was just to do so. He would always do what he must.

And so would Xashe under his wing.

“We’re almost to the end, but...I sense something strange. Do you?”

The school produced adepts and masters in the arts of illusions. Abandoned it may seem, although that might not have been the case.

New_GA1.png

THE_WARDEN
Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze

cj2JhgK.png

"How can we ever know what we've missed unless we reflect?" Asmundr responded to Dagon's question with a question. He was sure the Padawan meant his rumination to be rhetorical but inserted himself nevertheless.

One at a time, his fingers thrummed against his knees and he rolled his shoulders, his neck stretching to the left and right before exhaling to loosen everything up. One of those things was his face, which softened at Dagon's searching attempts to understand and categorize.

"I don't expect, nor would I want you to, see the same way I do.

You're different, yes."
The Master acknowledged with a nod. "Just as Aeris' is, Kaska, Veira, Ryv, Auteme, each is different. Each is strong.

Where do your strengths lie?"
They'd discussed this before, at the initiation of his onboarding to tutelage beneath the great master's wing, but he'd been through much lately. To hear Dagon even refer to himself as having strengths was reward enough. That meant he still held himself in some esteem.

kwzlsmL.png
The mention of his friends' names made him slightly twitch inside. Each one carrying some form of meaning in his life, but most painfully - none of them had stepped into the dark as he had. Aeris - the smarter, prettier, older, always right Aeris - one of his closest, if not closest, friends. Kaska - diligent, determined, headstrong - a bond, a trust shattered to bits and pieces. Viera - protective, optimistic, - always there to pull him up, reassure him. Ryv - leader, compassionate, steadfast - the man he sought to emulate, to become the leader he was, only to fail spectacularly. Auteme - clear-headed, delicate, benevolent - one of his childhood friends in the Order that had a way with mending wounds that Dagon never could fathom to be able to.

The padawan scanned the chamber as if looking for the answer, before replying, "My wits, ironically." bitterness in the undertones of his voice. The same wits that could not withstand the rush of emotions, the same mind that allowed his weakness to fester. Nonetheless, he still believed his words to be true. While his brother had excelled in martial prowess, Dagon had been the brains of the two twins. His natural curiosity and analytical mind had made him a reliable investigator and problem solver.

"And I guess, this innate 'talent' in telekinesis; although there is still a long way from being refined." Dagon's telekinetic powers, while seemingly vast, lacked the finesse and precision; when he drew upon them, they always manifested in raw, unhinged power rather than in surgical accuracy. A complete antipode to his meticulous mind.

He wrinkled his nose, unsure and unconvinced if those were the answers his master requested. His mouth opened inadvertently releasing a thought in the open, "I could probably solve any problem in the galaxy except my own." the self-critique was served with a dose of hopelessness.

YRc6txR.png

OBJECTIVE: I - Buried Gold
ALLIES: Seto Du Couteau Seto Du Couteau | Faith Organa Faith Organa

wsL0bBY.png

Tithe and the contingent of Senators were led deep into the pirate den. They passed through an otherwise normal-looking shopfront, made unusual only by the fact that there was a hidden blastdoor out the back in the stock room which opened when their contact passed their palm over a scanner. Based on the size of the blasters the shop workers were carrying, the entire business was likely a front - one whose job it was to pack shelves hardly needed a pack a mini rail detonator.

The Vice Chancellor’s comlink buzzed as a message came in. The pirate accompanying them pivoted, drew a blaster and levelled it at Tithe in one swift motion. The Aargauun raised both his hands in a sign of surrender, then slowly lowered one to withdraw the device and check it. The poorly timed message was from Marlon Sularen Marlon Sularen asking for a meeting. “I’ll, ah, get back to you,” Tithe stammered in reply as the pirate narrowed their eyes and tightened the grip on their blaster. Tithe dropped the comlink to the floor and crushed it under his boot. “Do excuse the lacuna, credits wait for no one,” he offered by way of explanation. “I’m sure a businessbeing such as yourself would understand?”

The pirate wasn’t happy but was at least smart enough to know that they couldn’t blast an Alliance Senator without orders from higher up. With a grunt, the pirate turned and led the Senators deeper into the outlaw compound.

The Senators were led into a dark, smoked filled room populated with the local pirates and their retinue. Seated on a dais lording over the room was an overweight Arconan - the pirate king. The reptilian buccaneer wasted no time in commencing negotiations with the Alliance representatives. “My blessing, without it, you will never hold Carratos.” The pirate king reached his chubby fingers into a nearby vase and grabbed a pinch of salt which he flicked into his mouth before giving a groan of pleasure - salt addiction was common for Arconans.

“Your offer, make it, but make it well. I do not suffer fools.”

New_GA1.png

THE_WARDEN
Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze

cj2JhgK.png
"My wits, ironically."​

Uncharacteristically inappropriate, Asmundr hummed with an ounce of humour at the realization that came with that admission. "Think about that. You're vulnerable when you lose them."

"And I guess, this innate 'talent' in telekinesis; although there is still a long way from being refined."
"Imagine that. Combining physical manipulation with intangible prowess." The great Viking mused aloud and leaned back against nothing.

"Telekinesis is easily trainable, you know that. But I think refocusing your regiment back on your mind is where we'll have to go. Strengthen one, and the other will follow.

Our physical actions are rarely unthinking, they start somewhere"
He reached out, and pointed a left a fingerprint on Dagon's forehead with a punctuated tap "–– and your thoughts are being constricted by your emotions. We have to find balance again."

"I could probably solve any problem in the galaxy except my own."

"To solve problems we have to understand them.

I wouldn't doubt that if someone came to you, with the same issues you're facing, you'd come up with a solution that fits their needs but wouldn't see the application to yourself."

Objective: Buried Gold
Allies: Seto Du Couteau Seto Du Couteau | Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe
It was moments like this that made or broke any deal. There was already a huge sense of mistrust once Aerarii's comm went off when the Pirate turned eyes wide, blaster leveled at them all Faith stood silent, her hands folded neatly. But yet she held her head high even as hands went up to show non aggression.

But then the moment passed and they were led into another room where the Pirate King was holding court. This reminded her so very much of Jabba the Hutt that she had to look down at the floor. The T shaped head with two large eyes that seemed to stare right through them.

Faith had not yet looked for a seat her mind was working, a Pirate could get anything wanted all they had to do was find a shipment, go in, and grab it. They could lose ships, weapons, people, but they gained reputation. How lucrative was it to be a pirate? She didn't know. So what could they offer?

Arconians are family based units so everyone in this room could be part of his family.

There was one thing but would the others go for it,
"Legitimacy of your position." She let that sink in, he didn't look like he wanted to laugh but there were others that did that openly.

Faith set steel to her stand, and fixed her position. A sign of weakness could also lose them this audience.

Xashe nodded her thanks, blooming with the encouragement. It did surprise her slightly; even as they talked, she half-expected the monster that was painted in the papers. Yet, no cruelty was to be found; he seemed only a Jedi, intent on helping his student grow. The doubt that had came while speaking of her family gave way once more, leaving a steady resolve once more.

At the master's prompting, she directed her attention away from the conversation, focusing fully on the school around them. The drip she detected earlier still echoed through the halls. The lighted room that had grown closer revealed the walls that on either side. Xashe reached out through the force, following the invisible branches that connected them. As she probed, there was nothing out of place; the invisible tree was peaceful, still.

Only after a few moments did she feel the fainest breeze rustle the leaves. With it, one of the blooms shrank in size. The padawan looked to her master, then back at the wall where the breeze had come from.

"Oh! It felt like the temple but not.. warm, but not cold like Ziost, either. Does that mean it was neutral?" The girls voice was full of excitement. "But, we didn't feel it earlier, it wasn't a nexus... it was almost like when someone uses one of their abilities, but, not?"

She cocked her head, still trying to understand the puzzle.

Viribus

V
MQLzKcK_d.jpg

R E D _ H O R N E T
GALACTIC ALLIANCE
CARRATOS
Maijan Paisea Maijan Paisea
JUaDCut.png
“Love to chat, but we got sh*t to do. Mai, come on, before I lose my patience.”

What important stuff they had to do other than tour around this deserted school? Getting back to whatever business they had to take care of which was a long ways from where they were. Infamous pirates and scoundrels that kept a solid hold of power over Carratos.

“So you met some pirates and then ran off with them leaving your old teacher behind? Yeah, yeah that’s you all right; no offense, though.”

Always unapologetically forward with his words, hardly putting sugar on his words. She knew that was well integrated in his personality, and it was something she tolerated. Much like him having to tolerate some irksome traits on her person.

“Guessing you just left without saying goodbye or...hey, if this school is abandoned, why are some of the illusions active?” Pointing out to an illusion he caught on the ceilings. After being around Mai it wasn’t hard to catch some works from an illusionist. Just a few of them.

kwzlsmL.png

Musing, Dagon leaned back and forth slowly; almost like he did when he was a kid, a young teenager, learning from Master Varobalder. Guess some things never changed.

"Mind over matter, mind over matter..." the padawan inadvertently began to quietly recite to himself something the Warden himself had often told him.

We need to find balance again.

The words echoed recalled Dagon walking on tight ropes strung between two poles forty feet over the ground. Days spent off-world on some forgotten planet, meditating, exploring, seeking peace. Where had all these days gone? It all felt like an eternity ago.

And yet they were back in this chamber again and Dagon, just like in the past, couldn't sit still.

Some things never changed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom