Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Vehicle I'dadr-Class Bes'uliik

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilamar Skirata

The most important step is always the next one
5qBgmiC.png
qRyU5X0.png
machine_hunters_by_sandara-db28ff6.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To provide various Mandalorian factions with a dependable scout walker-based Bes'uliik akin to the role of the AT-RT
  • Image Source: "Machine Hunters" by sandara; Guerrilla Games Studios
  • Canon Link: Bes'uliik
  • Primary Source:
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: MandalMotors Beast Smiths; Various Private Beast Smiths
  • Affiliation: Various mandalorian Factions, Closed-Market
  • Model: I'dadr-Class Bes'uliik; Claw-Class in basic
  • Modularity: Yes

• Production: Minor
  • Material:
    Micronized Beskar
  • Mandalorian Steel
  • Droid Parts
  • Gabona Memory Crystal

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Scout Droid
  • Role: Calvary and long distance scouting
  • Size: Very Small
  • Weight: Heavy
  • Minimum Crew: 1
  • Optimal Crew: 1
  • Propulsion: Quadrupedal, limited
  • Speed: Fast
  • Maneuverability: Average
  • Armaments: High
    Dual-Linked Light Repeating Blaster Cannons (One mounted on either side of the rider)
  • Quad Shockwave Generator Rods (Inside Mouth)
  • Beskar Claws and Jaws

[*]Defenses: High
  • Mandalorian Steel Plates

[*]Squadron Count: Very Low: 4
[*]Passenger Capacity: 1 Uncomfortably
[*]Cargo Capacity: Very Small
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Heuristic Processor
  • Animal-Like Loyalty to Riders
  • Complex Droid Brain
  • Beskar'gam Uplink
  • Magnetic Feet/Claws
  • Advanced Sensor Arrrays
  • Long-Distance Communicators
  • Micronized Beskar Synthetic Muscle
Strengths:
  • Micronized Beskar Synthetic Muscle: In conjunction with short bursts from its jump jets, the synthetic muscle allowed the I'dadr-Class Bes'uliik to leap great distances and move quickly and nimbly acorss the battlefield
  • Uplink: Able to send large data packets such as audio and video recordings from a pilot's headset or a scouting mission, back over long distances
Weaknesses:
  • Open Air: The rider was exposed to snipers and general weapons fire
  • Low to Ground: Mines and other ground-based traps were extremely deadly to the rider and droid walker due to how low to the ground the I'dadr rode.
  • Ion Weapons: Like most droids, ion weapons could disable the droid
  • Intense Heat: Prolonged exposure to intense heat from repeated direct shots from a laser cannon or powerful flamethrower could melt the micronized beskar synthetic muscle fibers, immobilizing the I'dadr.
DESCRIPTION
The Mandalorian equivalent to many military-grade scout walkers, the I'dadr-Class Bes'uliik was a quadrupedal propelled, flightless bes'uliik class developed by Mandalorian Beast Smiths towards the end of the Pirate Wars. The I'dadr on average stood at 2.5 meters and had a saddle-like cockpit that allowed for a rider to directly control the droid and held magnetic sleeves for a variety of weapons. The open cockpit design was a stylistic holdover from traditional bes'uliik, but did make it lighter than if designers had integrated a covered cockpit. The choice however left the rider vulnerable to snipers and even general small arms fire on the battlefield. I'dadr-class bes'uliik were often modeled after fearsome beasts like the Mandalorian Rekr and
Te'r Rekr.

On either side of the pilot were light repeating blaster cannons that folded to the sides when not in use. The mouth of the I'dadr held 4 shockwave generator rods which were the minimum number required to form the deadly burst of plasma that had become the telltale sound and weapon of the bes'uliik over thousands of years. Both weapons made short work of standard infantry and its beskar claws made it a terror in close quarters as well. Like all bes'uliik types and classes, the I'dadr was capable of making decisions on its own, however usually deferred to the rider. The droids and their riders often formed close bonds and were often given as gifts to promising warriors.

I'dadr were often deployed in war time from Meteor Type-M Dropships or landed warships and often scouted in groups of 4 and were used as both advanced scouting units and cavalry fighters.

Dl4IMPA.png

[member="Gilamar Skirata"], this looks like a mecha to me, especially given the description of its movement patterns. It really reminds me of this or any of the Ligers found in Zoids.

I think we have two basic options going forward in order for this not to be denied.

1) Make it explicitly smaller: You can use metric measurements here if you want to (as per our last discussion), or you can change the size and weight fields to reflect an obviously smaller vehicle/mount

2) Change movement: This would involve changing its movement patterns to fit in more inline with an example of a typical walker archetype in Star Wars (slow and heavy like an AT-AT, medium speed but good terrain handling like an AT-TE, etc). Speed probably won't be as an important as its ability to maneuver, but it should not compare favorably to most repulsorlift craft of similar size or smaller.

Gilamar Skirata

The most important step is always the next one
[member="Gir Quee"]

Gir Quee said:
1) Make it explicitly smaller: You can use metric measurements here if you want to (as per our last discussion), or you can change the size and weight fields to reflect an obviously smaller vehicle/mount
This is entirely my fault, I misread the AT-ST as AT-RT in the template and assumed the AT-RT would be "Average" size. This is actually smaller than that. Which would also solve the later gripe as well. Sorry for the confusion, this was most defintely meant to be something under 2.5 meters in height. This is meant to be more smaller than even the recon transport form clone wars.

I also edited classification to be more accurate to what it actually is.

Gir Quee said:
2) Change movement: This would involve changing its movement patterns to fit in more inline with an example of a typical walker archetype in Star Wars (slow and heavy like an AT-AT, medium speed but good terrain handling like an AT-TE, etc). Speed probably won't be as an important as its ability to maneuver, but it should not compare favorably to most repulsorlift craft of similar size or smaller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom