Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Ice Cream and Whiskey

Vulpesen took a deep breath as he wandered the land of Iridonia. Of all the places he'd been, it wasn't exactly the nicest planet what with the acid baths, wind which tried to give flying lessons, and the arid heat. That his sister had taken a vacation here to grieve was probably a less than good sign. Word of Yuroic's death had travelled, and while not exactly fast, his intelligence network was at least informed enough to keep tabs on members of the royal family, including those that had married into it. Stepping up towards the home, Vulpesen reached out with the force, feeling around for any lives inside. "Jair, you in there? Its Vulpesen!" Ace sat curled up on his soulder as Vulpesen called out for his sister, reaching out through the ashlan bond to speak with Sage, asking about his bondmate's condition. Being mentally linked did make ashlans one of the best sources of information when it came to mental health.

Jairdain Jairdain

As Vulpesen approached the home, he might notice it was looking rather drab and rundown. A fine layer of dust covered the surfaces of the buildings and there was not a single light shining through any window. That could easily be explained by the occupant being blind. Jairdain did not need any source of light to live her life.

However, as he approached and reached out for Sage, he and Ace would notice a grey-green Ashlan slinking out of the shrubs next to them. Sage was able to care for himself, but the oppressive depression of his bondmate seriously affected him. Perking up when he saw them, he ran over and attempted to climb up the body of Vulpesen if he didn't try to pick him up.

Sending a message to Ace, it would show just down in the dumps Jairdain was feeling. Pointing his nose in the direction of a nearby hill, it was there she might be seen if one knew to look for.

Vulpesen Vulpesen

Turning to gaze at Sage, Vulpesen's brow knit together with worry. Kneeling down, he offered a hand for the Ashlan to crawl upon before placing the diminutive wolf onto his shoulder. "That bad huh?" There was a special quality to ashlan links that Vulpesen cherished. An intimate truth to every interaction. Complete candor with zero misinterpretation. Sadness and grief weren't words to describe. Communication with the wolves was felt in ones very soul. Thus, Vulpesen could learn all he needed just from a brief moment with the green canine. "Come on."

Striding up the hill towards Jairdain, he kept a steady eye out for his sister, stopping a couple of yards away upon finally reaching her. Even before he met Ace, he had learned to sense and decipher the presence of others through the force, a rare talent for a wilder. Still, he didn't need the force to tell the sorrow that was filling her. "I'm sorry I couldn't come sooner. More sorry I didn't get to meet him. I'm sure he meant quite a lot to you."

The jedi had a whole section in their code related to their death. They preached against it, saying that instead there was only the force. He'd been in enough wars to know it was a load of kark. Death was very real. It was painful and cold. Perhaps that's why the Vitae's code resonated with him. It didn't deny deaths existence. It simply became the enemy.

Jairdain Jairdain

When Vulps lowered his hand, the small wolf scampered up his arm and laid down on the shoulder provided. Laying his head next to Vulps', he communicated to Ace as much as he could about what had happened in the life of his bondmate. Everything was more or less shown as emotions and impressions, no words. He totally expected Ace would pass this along to his mate and that is why he shared it.

At the approach of the small group, a gust of wind came along and blew past them. Throwing sand at them and a few pieces of debris. It was in this moment that he might pick up on her sudden flash of anger. That was all he had before she lashed out at him.

In a flash, she was almost at his throat with her claws out.

"What the kark do you know about losing somebody? You have it all!"

A foot came out to try and knock him down. This was not at all how Jairdain usually acted. Normally the consular was more composed and collected. All part of the grieving process and right now, she had hit the anger. Her target wasn't the cause but the woman had no other outlet for it and he was getting the brunt of her attack.

Vulpesen Vulpesen

Calmly, Vulpesen approached his sister, his tail flicking behind him as he watched her. Usually serene and calm, Jairdain's distress came as a bit of a shock of sights for the Valde. What surprised him more was when she lashed out, her claws flashing before his eyes followed by a swift kick. Zorrens were strong, stronger than humans. He wasn't sure if she new her own strength or the dangers of her claws, however he also knew that she didn't come home enough to learn how to use her strength and claws with any degree of trained martial prowess.

A hand rose up deflecting her hand aside before shooting down to grab her offending leg as it rose up. With a swift tug, he worked to pull her into a bear hug, partially to immobilize her, partially to help comfort her. If there was one thing he was certain of, its that the voice wasn't her own. It was the voice of anger, despair and grief. "I was a soldier." It was a simple statement, but behind it was the sadness of a man who had held more than a few dying friends in his arms. There were countless more who died on far away planets, and even some who died thinking that he was their enemy. He didn't deny that he was currently living the dream... but the dream was built on nightmares.

"Jair, I know it hurts. I won't pretend to know how much... but I am here for you. You still have me, Sage, your kids... We're all here for you."

Jairdain Jairdain

Last edited:
Since she was lashing out without any real focus other than the general target of her brother, he was able to easily block both of her attacks. Struggling for a few futile moments, Jairdain still wasn't entirely calm. When she felt the sadness from him...even more than hearing his answer, she stopped her struggle.

"I am not myself, Vulps. Help."

Still wrapped up in his hug, she cried. Not a quiet kind either. One full of most of her grief and sorrow. He was right. She shouldn't be hiding on Iridonia and just wallowing in her misery. Jairdain wasn't meant to be alone for long and this visit proved that.

"What can I do? I am lost. Feeling so alone. Thinking only of myself."

Vulpesen Vulpesen

Vulpesen's brow furrowed at the sound of her plea. How many had he known that fell down that path, losing themselves to their grief before spiraling into darkness. Still, there was certainly hope in the case of his sister. She was self aware to know that something in her was broken. And for such a break, he often found that family was the best cure. "You can come with me. Take the kids and come to Veradune. You are the lost daughter of house Torrevaso and you are always welcome there. Our home is yours for as long as you wish." He gestures to the area around them. "You'll find few distractions here from your grief. Far better who go where you can find there is family left to love you." Seeing Jairdain like this brought a sharp pain to his chest, like a spear being driven through him. When he had learned of their shared blood, he was elated. Now, he struggled to hide the darkness within his own heart, the desire to rip limb from limb, the cruxi who dare bring such sorrow to a member of his house.

Jairdain Jairdain

"My youngest daughter has already left me. She moved into Confederacy space and I haven't seen her since."

Still totally wanting to cry, Jairdain only sounded bitter when she mentioned her daughter.

"Nitya is old enough to also be on her own. Nevermind Marcus, he's already an adult and takes care of Juniper on Commenor. I just help him out now and then."

She might have family on Veradune but she only really knew Vulps. Their parents had even lost her when she was a baby. Left her on some world across the Galaxy.

"Our mother is crazy and I don't even remember dad's name. How can you say they love me, Vulps? They abandoned me!"

A gust of wind blew through when she started getting upset again and clouds covered the sky.

Vulpesen Vulpesen

Vulpesen held back a wince at the idea of Jairdain Jairdain losing the support of her children. In truth, a part of him wanted to hunt down the prodigal children and drag them over here, but in the end, he settled for keeping his hold on her. "They didn't abandon you, no more than they did me. We were hunted and they sent us off for our own protection." He pulled back a bit to face her more directly. "You've always got me on your side." The storm came unheeded by him. Wind and rain he could stand. What mattered was trying to get his sister out of this lonely hole she had dug.

It was probably a good thing Jairdain was rather distracted with her own feelings and emotions. She did not pick up on the brief flash of whatever Vulps was feeling when she mentioned her children. Nitya was still by her side but soon that would be changing. Everybody grew up and moved away. So far only one of them had abandoned her. And right now, she was certainly feeling it.

Curling her lip when he said their parents hadn't abandoned her or him but did it for their protection, she was able to pull away slightly from him. This gave him the opportunity to focus his eyes on her and she could practically feel them bore through to her soul.

That sneer went away and softened just a little when he said he would always be by her side. She didn't doubt him but still felt so alone. Even being held by him...so was still alone.

Around them, the wind remained but the storm clouds faded away.

"Why? Why did he have to go and die? Why couldn't he have stayed and not left me alone? I want him back, Vulps. My husband is dead and..."

Her words failed her and she just laid herself against her brother and cried.

Vulpesen Vulpesen

A smalls sigh of relief left Vulpesen as his sister started to calm down, though he could find no answer to her question. In truth it was one that filled his glass every night. It was the question of a survivor. Why wasn't it me? His master. His friends. The people he looked up to, ate with, sat and learned beside... how many had he outlived? Perhaps that was the true Torrevaso curse. Loneliness. Still, he kept those thoughts to himself, locking them away deep in the vault of his mind.

"I wish I could cite the will of the force or some proverb to heal it all, Jair. But in my experience, death comes when we least desire it. Thus why its best to celebrate life for as long as we have it, and to remember those we've celebrated with." A small sigh left him once more. Another truth he knew was that jedi weren't as religious as they preached... he hadn't started soldiering when he became a Vitae. "I only know he left to do his duty."

Jairdain Jairdain

"What makes it worse was his mind had failed near the end. As you well know, my powers are with the mind. As much as he was broken, it broke me too. To feel him slipping away more and more each day. Then he just went away and the next thing I knew...he was dead."

Listening to her brother talk did not really bring her much comfort. Even though she called herself a Jedi Master, there were times...like now when she felt far away from everything.

"We brought into this Galaxy, two lovely daughters. One of them is very much like him and the other is more like me. Someday, you'll get to meet them. Just not when I'm such a mess."

When Vulps mentioned duty, her lip curled and she had to draw in some additional calming breaths.

"He had no such duty. Did you bring anything to drink? I feel like I need something."

Vulpesen Vulpesen

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom