Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship I-Zergling Droid Starfighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
drone1.jpg

Image Source: futurology24.wordpress.com
Affiliation: Clan Varad; Mandalorians via RP thread., Didact Defense Solutions.
Manufacturer: Varad Astronautics, Didact Defense Solutions.
Model: I
Modularity: Yes:
  • Armament
Production: Minor
Material: Durasteel ; Agrinium-Mesh
Classification: Swarm Starfighter (1/2 Starfighter)
Length: 2.3m
Height: 1m
Width: 1.3m
Armament: Rating: 5
Defenses: Rating: 2
Squadron Count: 36

Special Features:
  • Standard Communications Programming
  • Standard Navigational Programming
  • Standard Targeting Programming
  • Standard Sensory Suite
  • Integrated Droid Brain
  • Self-destruct mechanism*
Maneuverability Rating: 1
Speed Rating: 1
Hyperdrive Class: N/A

Strengths:
  • Small size
  • Squadron Size
Weaknesses:
  • Glass Cannon
  • Self-explodes
Description: The S-Zerg Droid Strafighter is non-shield equpped starfighter that's main purpose is to be employed in a 'Zergling' strategy although not solely that strategy. It is only useful when deployed as a swarm that due to its small size is a harder target to hit, yet a fragile one due to the lack of its shields. What makes it special is the damage to electronics, specifically shields, it could inflict due to carrying an ion bomb and being unpredictable due to its self-destroying mechanism which as the three points given below shows how 'flexible' it is. Basically, a ticking bomb that its timer is unknown to the enemy. Additionally, it is believed that enemies would least expect starfighters to be used in such a way which adds to its 'unpredictability'.
*Equipped with an ion that can only be used in self-explosive maneuvers which are the following:
  • Remotely triggered from the hub
  • Self-triggered judged by the droid's brain. It will attempt to maximize the damage it causes.
  • When star fighter is destroyed

Development Thread: If needed
Intent: The intent is to give the Mandalorian Crusaders an expendable weapon that is both unpredictable and a counter measure to shields. It's main intent is to weaken enemy ships by making their electronics malfunction including their shields due to its ion bomb armament with the purpose of making a target a much easier prey.

Who Can Use This: Mandalorian Crusaders
Primary Source:

Mod Request 24.4.2018
OG Sections:
Affiliation: Clan Varad; Mandalorians via RP thread.
Manufacturer: Varad Astronautics
New Sections:
Affiliation: Clan Varad; Mandalorians via RP thread., Didact Defense Solutions.
Manufacturer: Varad Astronautics, Didact Defense Solutions.

ADM. Reshmar

Directorate Officer Fleet Admiral SJC 3rd Fleet
RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Reshmar"]

"You may provide your armament in list format and must provide your vessel an Armament Rating on a scale of 0-20, where 0 is no weapons, 1 is very light weapons, 5 is light weapons, 10 is average weapons, and 20 is heaviest weapons. Armament Ratings are scaled in relation to the class of ship, meaning a Starfighter will not equate to a Destroyer. Armament Ratings provide only basic weaponry unless the ship also has a breakdown of weapons. "

What I understood is that if a ship has a breakdown of weapons - this one has two - it would mean rating them as well. So I've rated them separately based on that scale along with giving it an average armament rating of 5. I've done that on my previous submission and it had no problem.

ADM. Reshmar

[member="Zef Halo"] No the rating is just a single overall rating of the weapons as a total. you have one overall armament rating and one overall defense rating for the vessel as a whole. Each weapon systems does not get a rating.

ADM. Reshmar

[member="Zef Halo"]
look here
scroll down to Chaos Referances
then drop down the starfighter weapons exchange chart
this gives you an idea of how the types of weapons exchange. Beyond this light variant would be a modifier of x.5 which counts towards power and size. So a light laser is half as powerful as a laser and takes up half the space for exchange purposes. A heavy variant would be x2 which again counts towards power and size. So a heavy laser would count as 2 laser cannons for exchange purposes and have twice the firepower.

[member="Reshmar"]

I've put the other fighter I made S-Zergling Droid Starfighter as a reference and removed the ratings on the separate weapons, simply leaving the general rating of 5 which the other strafighter also has. Although, in my opinion the scale that the rating goes by (power and size) is a bit 'static' in the mean that the seismic bomb that the S-Zergling carries is small in size but highly powerful, hence it is kind of different than the typical logic of 'the bigger it is the more powerful it is' as is with laser cannons and missiles. Of course, I might be understanding this wrong, in that case I apologize.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom