Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Will Be the One That's Gonna Find You

"Some part of me knows I should send it back to Kashyyk with my sister." she paused, knowing how that would sound. "With her as in on the same transport. Not on her person. I may just end up shipping it back to her Master once they let me out of here."

Nora's brow creased and her eyes came open so that she could look at the weapon in question. "The other part of me thinks I should deconstruct it to see how it's put together, that way I can make one of my own."

She was quiet for a long moment, her eyes still lingering on the lightsaber. "And you deserve every headache you get."

Tyran Numeck

Mandalorian Supercommando
Tyran laughed. "I guess that's more than fair, I do earn some of the headaches you give me." He gave her hand a soft pat. "Instead of shipping it out or deconstructing it, why not just keep it for yourself? Sounds like you won it fair and square, might as well just keep it and learn how to use it." That made sense to him but there were levels to this Force User stuff that Tyran just wouldn't ever grasp. "I've got to head back to the spaceport for a bit, they want me down there while the ship is being salvaged. I'll be back in an hour or so, think you can stay out of trouble for that long or do I need to stay to make sure you don't cause any more mischief?"

"I could," she shrugged the shoulder of her non-hurt side. "But I'm not a big fan of yellow." it was an attempt at a joke, but the amusement fell just a little flat with her current state.

However, when he asked if she could stay out of trouble, she rolled her eyes hard and finally turned her head to actually look at him. "I'm pretty sure that I'll probably fall back asleep in about five minutes after you leave." she told him. "I don't think there's a whole lot of trouble I can get into while in a medically induced coma."

Tyran Numeck

"Maybe I can talk them into giving me some of whatever you're on and bring it back home with us for when you're being a bit of pain?" He teased as he stood up. "I'll be back in a bit," He walked over to the lightsaber and examined it for a second or two before clipping it to his belt. "I'm going to take this too, it's too important to leave here to be lifted by some sticky fingered nurse while you're out of it. Get some rest." He said as he tapped the foot of her bed before turning and leaving the room.

Had she been able to clear her head just a little more, she probably would have argued with him about the 'home' situation. But as it were she sighed through her nose and rested back against the bed she was in. And she didn't even fuss at him about taking the lightsaber with him, though that would probably catch up with her later.

"Tyran," she waited until he at least paused, "I'm sorry about your ship..." and she really was. Not sorry about anything else - not that she needed to be - but she knew the ship had been more than important. And because of that, she was definitely sorry for what had happened to it.

Tyran Numeck

He sighed. "Yeah, it's just a ship. There are other things more important to worry about right now." He said looking over his shoulder at her before leaving the medcenter and heading to deal with the miserable task of watching his ship get removed piece by piece from the hangar.

Luckily for Anora, she would not reach a point of stir crazy in the med center. With all of the medical treatments available, healing her really hadn't been the issue. The real issue for her stay had been to make sure her body took to said treatments, and to monitor any levels of pain she would endure during the process. A few days, nothing too major, and she was sent home.

Still admittedly sore in her leg, but Nora would take soreness in her leg over soreness in her side and her ribs any day. And that leg sure as heck didn't keep her from leaving the medcenter at a normal pace. It would have been rushed, but she didn't want to push her luck too far.

Eenia had been picked up and taken back to Kashyyyk, and Anora didn't want to think about it. The encounter with her sister, the fact that when Eenia had woken up the blonde sister didn't even seem to remember that Anora had left Kashyyyk, much less why or what she had done to Nora, or when her former Master had shown to retrieve the younger Vahn and take her home. No, all Anora wanted to do was put it all as far from her mind as she possibly could.

But then, she was of course faced with another previous problem. Anora hadn't intended to return back to Tyran's place, though when she had finally voiced this it was not received well. Not in an angry, argumentative - well, when were the pair ever not argumentative - way, but in the end here Nora was, stepping into the home with a sigh.

Vasos rumbled in delight and was quick to get to his feet and pad over to her, and Nora took a moment to give him the affection he had clearly missed, but eventually she moved past the beast so that she could go and sit down with a huff, though again Vasos was right against her as soon as she was still enough for him to be so. "Geeze, did you neglect him while I was gone?" she teased while lazily petting the creature that was almost but not quite in her lap now.

Tyran Numeck

"Vasos hates me." Tyran grumbled as he walked into the house behind Anora. "Poor thing wouldn't leave your room while you were gone." It wasn't for a lack of affection on Tyran's end but the elongated canine just wouldn't have anything to do with him.

Tyran had felt much the same way though he wouldn't ever admit it. His home had been pretty empty feeling without Anora in it to get on his nerves or just generally pester him in new and imaginative ways. He was just glad that the whole evil sister thing seemed to be over with, it meant there wouldn't be an angry Force user trying to break into his home at some point and also wreck that like what had happened to his ship.

"I'm catching a shuttle to Concord Dawn tomorrow, got a meeting with some Clan Gred people to build me a new ship." He said pointing a finger at her. "You may not have destroyed the ship on purpose but that doesn't mean you're going to get away without footing some of the bill for the expenses I had to pay as a result. We're going to find ourselves some contracts, and I wouldn't expect a full cut of the payout if I were you." He said giving her a bit of a half grin.

Then he walked over to a shelf and reached behind it and produced the lightsaber that he'd taken for safe keeping. "Told the senior Mystic that came to pick your sister up that the weapon had been destroyed inside my ship. Figured it would be better used in your possession than hers. You might actually use it to help people."

"He doesn't hate you." Anora protested, all while she paid proper affection to the large head in her lap. Vasos seemed content with this, enough so that he had stopped attempting to climb into Anora's lap.

When Tyran spoke up about going to commission a new ship, Nora's brows lofted and her attention shifted to him. "Hey, I already told you that I would help pay for damages." Over and over again, in fact. "It hadn't just been the medication talking, you know. I happen to have a fairly grounded sense of honor." she rolled her eyes at him, and made a face after.

At least until he came up with Eenia's lightsaber. That seemed to sober her rather quickly, and her eyes traced the length of the weapon more than once before her gaze retrained on Tyran. "Well, it'll certainly help with a rough contract here and there..."

Tyran Numeck

"Just had to make sure it wasn't the meds talking." He laughed as he started to remove his armor pieces. "So why did she try to kill you? I mean you don't have an evil bone in your body, certainly some pain in the ass ones, but I don't see you ever leaving a grudge with someone to where they'd try to crush you."

Once the saber was in Anora's hands, she lowered it to her lap beside Vasos' head and continued to stare at it. "She tried to crush me because she knows I'm claustrophobic, and that it would be the easiest way to break me down and take me out."

That hadn't been exactly what he had asked her, and so she sighed deeply and lift her gaze back to him again. "The only thing I can think of that would make her come after me? Is letting our parents get killed. Maybe leaving her behind wasn't ideal either." she frowned a little and shook her head once. "But it's not like she came after me when you took me from Kashyyyk either."

Her fingers traced along the rough hilt of the saber and her eyes went to it once more. "I don't know, I'm pretty sure my sister has always walked the grey line between light and dark. Most people don't see it, because she is sweet, and bubbly, and kind. But it's there, and it comes out when something rubs her the wrong way." More than once, that something had been Anora, and she subconsciously reached up to brush her fingers against her throat at the memory of the first time she had, had a brush with Nia's Dark side.

Tyran Numeck

"Yeah, that'd be a good enough reason I guess." He shrugged. Tyran didn't know too much about Anora's sister or how close she'd been with their parents but he imagined Anora's actions probably hadn't sat well with the younger Vahn sister.

"You know how to use that thing? Don't need you chopping off an arm or any other appendage." He said motioning to the hilt that Vasos was eying like a new toy.

The change of subject was clearly appreciated, and immediately so. "Yes," she answered him, and her gaze found him once more. "I'm actually pretty good with these things, believe it or not." a very slight smirk lifted one corner of her mouth. "I know it's hard to imagine."

Her skills had always been more physical than anything else, and she had taken to blade work like breathing.

Tyran Numeck

Tyran didn't doubt that she was good with it, he'd seen her use that staff of hers to pretty devastating effect and he'd had his fair share of bruises from the same weapon during their training sessions. "Well I don't know how we'll incorporate that into our training, maybe you could work it into another solo session like you do with your meditation?"

A thoughtful noise sounded from Anora in response, and then her head bobbed in agreement. "I'm sure I can figure something out. I don't know if I could lower the power level on it or not. I'm not sure how all of that works, but if I figure it out, we can just incorporate it into regular training. Otherwise, I'll come up with something."

She then paused, and shifted in her seat to get a better look at him. "Wait, when did I agree to go back to training with you?"

Tyran Numeck

"Just now I guess." He grinned at her. "Unless you think you're ready to go and step into the cold, hard world of bounty hunting on your own." Tyran went into his kitchen and helped himself to some jerky and offered some to Anora.

She scoffed at him, and shifted around more in her seat - carefully - so that she could continue to watch him. "You're the one who told me that I was pretty much a waste of the last two years of your life," she pointed out to him. "So I didn't really figure it mattered if I was ready to step out into that world or not."

Tyran Numeck

Tyran was quiet for a moment. "I should have chosen my words better, nothing in the last two years has been a waste. I owe you an apology for inferring that." He sat down opposite her. "You're ready enough to start taking small jobs if you want, in fact I think you should. Then after you've done that, if you want, we can focus on things you think you could use a bit more training in. You're a quick learner though so I think you're ready."

Anora's brow had creased down when Tyran sat across from her. That...had not at all been what she was expecting from him, and it showed clearly on her face. "Are you feeling alright?" she leaned so that she could reach a hand out and touch his forehead. "You don't seem to be running any sort of fever..."

Tyran Numeck

"What, now I can't sit down on my own furniture?" He asked her as he batted her hand away. "I'm fine. you're the one being weird here."

He sat back and looked at her for a moment. It was funny how decided to agree with someone could really throw that person off. "I mean you do think your ready right?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom