Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private I Want To Know More

o1yfhSr.png

The lesson among her peers to learn more of how to use her lightsaber was an informative one, but it wasn't enough. Not for Alina. Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean was a Sith Lord who had tapped into a power she didn't understand. What he had done with his own saber, the energy it gave off. She wanted to know more on this version of the Force she had felt. So she arrived outside his quarters. Probably not the best idea to just appear there, but she was going to none the less. A couple quick raps of her knuckles on the door before her hands retreated behind her back.

She was in the usual Sith attire of a sleeveless robe, head held high. Watching the door closely. She was ready to run, or dodge, or anything, really. There was no telling what might happen when approaching a Sith Lord uninvited.

The interruption was not unexpected, but Maliphant put it off to put the final touches on a page of his book he was writing. Laden with the blood of Jedi and his own, it seemed to shimmer in the right light, and gave off a darkness all its own - but as he finished the page and made a mental bookmark of where his thoughts were, he closed it and stood. A few short steps to the door, and the Sith Lord garbed in all black - loose fitting pants cut off at the shin by tight leg wrappings, and a loose upper shirt that hung on him ever so slightly.

The door opened with a creek, something that needed to be fixed he was sure of. Much of the Academy was still being renovated, so it could be ignored for the moment. His gaze moved down to meet Alina's, and his expression did not change - cold and burdening, his lips twitched downwards before he motioned her in, offering not even a word to her arrival.

As he found his seat behind his desk once more, he spoke;

"Acolyte Tremiru. What can I help you with?"

Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru

INGA2ts.png

There was always that chill down her spine when she came face to face with a Lord of the Sith. She didn't allow her expression to betray any such emotions, but as the door opened and Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean looked to her with the cold gaze she'd always seen on him, for a moment she regretted coming here unannounced. She followed him in, regardless. She'd come too far to back out now.

She took a seat in the room, chancing a glance around. Only briefly. She had no idea where the lines were to be crossed and earn the Lord's wrath, but she was plenty curious. Exceedingly so. It wasn't often she got a chance to look around a Lord's quarters. His question snapped her attention right back to him, however.

"You have a lot of knowledge, and I want to learn what I can."

The Sith Lord offered her a long and drawn out exhale without breaking eye contact. He didn't seem to ordain her with a response as he glanced down to a side drawer on his desk - pulling out of a different datapad than the one that he had on it. After a few moments of clicking through it in bleak silence he eventually stopped and looked back up to her -

"Alina Tremiru. You have been sighted in the Sith Empire on friendly terms under Taeli Raaf, and further in Darth Voyance's company in the Warlords. Add in this academy, and you're dancing between three different Sith factions - for what purpose, I can only imagine.", he said as he set the datapad down. A quick glance to it and Alina would see a full dossier on her - with many of its details a bit too in depth for comfort.

"It's a dangerous game to play three sides against each other, and you don't have nearly enough experience to try it. Now, you want to learn what I specifically know - in what, a hope that you may one day use my knowledge against us?"

"No, I don't think so.", he said with a frown, but he didn't tell her to leave - instead leaving a gap of silence, as though he still expected her to make a case for herself.

INGA2ts.png

There was momentary surprise in her eyes. Not that she had been found out. Alina never once tried to hide the fact she learned among all the more recent Sith groups. The surprise simply came from the fact that she was considered important enough to be watched. Though, some of the more detailed aspects of her life being put out there had her eyes narrow. There were plenty of extra curricular activity that she didn't appreciate having on file in such detail.

Her gaze flicked back up to meet Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean . He hadn't killed her, so the issue wasn't with disloyalty. Not that she'd pledged loyalty to any of these groups. "Isn't it the goal of all Lords of the Sith to one day use their knowledge against their betters to come out on top? It is obvious I've no limit to what I'll do to learn what I can. You would have to kill me now for me not to become a threat to you or any other Sith, though I would try my best not to make it easy. I aim for the top of the pyramid, Darth Maliphant."

"Don't tempt me, Acolyte.", Maliphant offered her with a narrowing of his own eyes.

"And don't quote the Worm's rhetoric to me. I know what he seeks, and I agree with it - but these other organizations do not seek the same thing as him. If it isn't me, it'll be the Fist who cuts you down; and from experience, you don't want to meet him.", ignoring the fact she already had - and the Fist had offered her not so much as a glance or a word.

"Let me give you some advice, Acolyte, there will come a day when you are forced to pick a side. Be it the Zambrano's, Voyance's, or the Worm's - play around in the area between them too long, and one or three will turn on you."

He crossed his legs and leaned back in his chair once more as he gave her an apathetic look once more;

"I can teach you, but I limit what I offer to those who serve. If you are convinced you must dance between the parties, then so be it, but you will do so at my beck and call; sending me everything you learn. Attempt to twist it, lie to me, or work on another behalf and I shall have Frumentarii hit squads kill you next time you land on Korriban.", he said as though nothing he mentioned was of anything important. Another grain of dust in the sandstorm.

"Remind yourself that a mile wide and an inch deep is not how one learns the Dark Side; but finding even one master willing to offer you everything is. I won't be that master until I see potential in you serving this new order, Alina. Remember that."

INGA2ts.png

She was playing a very dangerous game, and she knew it. Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean had already proved he could kill the Acolyte with ease when she was caught by the throat. Alina listened in silence, her golden eyes scanning over the Lord's feature for anything, anything, that might give away what he was thinking or feeling. Nothing, as it should be.

"Darth Arcanix is the Sith I call master. She approves of me learning how I am, and I will not bother to hide that from you. If it is information you want in exchange for lessons on how to better my control on the Force, I will give you all you could want. And I know. The war between the Sith is fast approaching. I do not think the Empire will survive it. When the war comes, I hope my master will side with the Lords. But if she doesn't, know I will anyway."

INGA2ts.png

Alina blinked. She didn't know that her master had also sought out the Worm. Perhaps this adventure into the Lord's academy wasn't as foolish as she was starting to believe. She cleared her throat as Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean so quickly changed to subject to one of acceptance. Where she saw herself in several years? "At the head of my own budding powerbase. Growing stronger. It will take more than a couple years for me to reach the pinnacle of the Sith and claim the throne."

"More than a few indeed.", he offered her flatly, his fingers forming a steeple on his lap.

"The secret is creativity, Alina, or dedication.", he mused equally as flatly.

"The first, and easiest, is dedicate yourself to one of the numerous factions you tread water in. Any one, the Worm Emperor's Empire included, would give you avenues for success. Legions, planets, a place to springboard your career from. Simple, pleasant, and the most direct route. The Second, is independence - harder to achieve, but free of the influence and failings of a larger group. Corporations, cults, secret fleets; the Sith have a thousand ways to accomplish such, but you must decide what your poison is."

INGA2ts.png

Neither of those choices exactly seemed like her, but it did make sense. The time of treading water was running out. Soon, the Sith will be consumed with war, and if she doesn't make a choice she'd only find herself marked a traitor to all. The Empire was failing, that much she felt in her heart for certain. In truth, the Worm Emperor was one she could believe in. Yet the idea of cutting herself off from the knowledge the Empire or the Warlords had seemed far more counterintuitive.

"Underhandedness is one of many Sith's tools. As an acolyte, I am overlooked for now. I can take advantage of that. Take what I want and need from all of the groups and bring them here. Build a powerbase that I will consolidate under the Lords." She was musing to herself at this point and pushed herself up from her chair.

"Thank you, Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean . I will keep this all in mind."

"My only advice to you, Alina -", he said as he leaned forward, a tinge of concern marking his words.

"- Be careful. I've played that game, and ended up crucified on Bastion - saved only by luck, and a few who cared."

Then he leaned back once more.

"Sith are not oft to have friends - its a dangerous game opening yourself up like that - but remember who yours are. Even if everything goes south, someone out there will care what happens to you - and for all your underhandedness, don't burn that bridge."

Then he was done, dismissive in tone and approach once more as he leaned forward to collect her dossier and put it back in his desk.

"Now go. Be creative, find something that compliments your strength - then foster it. Come back when you have more questions."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom