Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private I Spy With My Little Eye......

"Why am I going to the Tion Cluster?"

Saul looked over the mission objective on the Holoscreen, he was supposed to go the planet: Centares and investigate a disturbance. Yet that didn't make any sense because for one: The Galactic Alliance is at war with the Mandalorians and are dealing with the rise of the Sith (again.....). All missions for all intents and purposes should be south of the Core Worlds. But the SIA was interested in what? A damn trade route that's been formed by some Smugglers in Centares? What's even worse is that Saul was being assigned a partner: A Jedi, he groaned in response, he didn't do partners and he made sure that he let command know that. Sadly, it fell on deaf ears as usual but Saul will have to deal with it. He wondered who the Jedi was in the first place.

Aveline Cuiléin Aveline Cuiléin

Another day, another mission. Aveline's schedule was getting busier these days, but she was being trusted with more and more tasks on her own. She took it as a show of faith, and responded with eagerness. Training was great and all, but she loved being in the field, and being put to the test in a more practical sense.

On this one she'd be working with an SIA operative, which was a first. She'd worked with Shadows before, of course, but this was one of the rare ones where she was the only Jedi. It reminded her a bit of her navy days, which made her feel nostalgic as she made her way over to meet her partner.

This being a SIA mission, they were using a ship issued by them. Probably stealth tech, Aveline thought to herself.

The young Padawan showed up to the hangar, in an outfit easily identifying her as a Jedi, though it didn't scream 'space wizard' as much as her usual getup. She wore a white undertunic, with a dark gray one on top. underneath a hooded black coat. The pants were darkly coloured as well, but with a shade of blue, and more closely fitted.

Saul Colsan Saul Colsan

Saul turned around and saw a young woman approaching him, his eyes narrowed she was around what? 19? 20? Though she had soft features, Saul could tell from her dark blue eyes she had been through the wringer. Someone that young and already have the experience of a combat vet, definitely a Jedi or what did they call them? A Paddywan? Either way, Saul didn't think that a Jedi like her could be so..... cute.

"So you're the Jedi?" Saul asked approaching her. "I'm agent Saul Caulson do you have any idea why we're heading to the Tion Cluster? There's a war going on in against the Mandalorians and now the Sith. Yet we're called to explore something in the Tion Cluster doesn't make sense."

"I'm the Jedi" she confirmed with a self-assured smile. "Good to meet you Saul"

"You know as much as me, I think. Going off what you're saying though, that leaves the Alliance drawn on two fronts. I'd be bad times if someone were to use that as a distraction for something sinister. I'm guessing it's our job to find out if that's likely to happen."
she said with a shrug. She didn't question the mission so much. Sometimes all you had to go off of was a bad hunch, but being a Jedi she'd learned to trust those hunches.

If the Council deemed it necessary to send her on this mission, she would assume there was reason for it. In a perfect world, there wasn't.

"Let's hope you're right. We go out there, find nothing, and come back"

Saul Colsan Saul Colsan

Though Saul had his disagreements in how the SIA prioritizes missions, they were done with a purpose in mind. It wasn't like command to be sending Saul and a Jedi out in the middle of nowhere. "Looks like it's a need to know basis," Saul grumbled. "Which is typical of SIA command for all we know we might be walking into a death trap."

It was a pessimistic thought, but years of working under the SIA has made Saul cynical of their intentions. "What is your name?" Saul asked as he walked with the Jedi. "You seen much combat? Who trained you?"

"Looks like. But let's think of it as a need to find out. The answers are out there."

"Don't worrry, I'll keep you safe"
she said, a failed to resist the urge to throw a wink his way. She wondered how his ego would be able to handle that, army guys tended to have some complex o rother they were working through, but they enjoyed the banter. He wasn't exactly army however.

Aveline laughed, as the questions rained down on her. "Woah, I can tell you're SIA, I'm already being interrogated"

"I'm Aveline, and I've seen my fair share. I've been trained by the Silver Jedi Order and now I'm with the New Jedi Order. I've also got experience as a fighter pilot in the navy. That satisfy you?"

Finally the two arrived in a hanger. She let out a whistle as she looked over what would be their transport for this particular mission. "What am Iooking at here?"

Saul Colsan Saul Colsan

Saul smirked at Aveline she definitely had a swagger to her. "Just curious about your credentials," Saul replied. "Didn't think the Jedi would send someone who looked so...... cute."

She also had a sense of humor as well, something which was foreign to a war weary veteran like Saul. Aveline and his handler would get along quite nicely. "It's a start," Saul chuckled. "But doing SIA missions isn't like taking a causal flight around a planet. This is a sneaking mission: A 2 man op up against insurmountable odds. In other words: Another Tuesday for me."

Saul looked at the transport frowning. "That's a Clone Wars era LAAT." Saul explained. "Stripped down to its bare parts, we have a pilot that'll be flying us as well as giving us info about the battlefield. He should be arriving soon."

«Looks can be deceiving. Don't trust your eyes»

Aveline couldn't hold back a crooked smile as her comment made him just a touch defensive. «I look forward to seeing you in action then.»

«Clone Wars?»
Aveline said, looking stunned. «You guys need to request more funding. Clone Wars, seriously?» She'd be surprised if that rusty heap of scrap held together long enough to get them from A to B.

Saul Colsan Saul Colsan

"What?" Saul smirked. "Don't tell me you're a changeling, I've already had plenty of moments with them." Particularly when Saul was drunk and high off painkillers but that was neither here nor there.

Saul almost felt tempted to roll his eyes at Aveline's statement about old tech. "That's the problem there," Saul said taking out a cigarette and sticking in the corner of his mouth. "You don't appreciate good tech, the LAAT may be old but there's a reason why it's been used for thousands of years."

"For one," a voice called out. "The Low Altitude Gunship is one of the most maneuverable dropships that's ever been created. It's as reach up to speeds as an A-Wing and can be modified to do anything from carrying tanks, troops or special operators."

Saul smiled hearing that familiar voice, a medium sized, gangly man approached Aveline wearing glasses that were a little too big for his face and ran his hand through his unkept brown hair. "Ian Demps," Saul smiled.

6e4d06a3a1cc4c4c92107762c5c8914c.jpg

"How ya doing Saul?" Ian smiled. "Looks like you finally crawled out of that cave of yours."

"And found the world just the same before I entered it," Saul shrugged. "What's the purpose of this mission? The war is right here."

"Your guess is as good as mine," Ian sighed. "This one is based off The Vulptex The Vulptex findings back at the battle of Utakis."

"Those Mandalorians he spotted?" Saul frowned. "It didn't lead to anywhere."

"That's the thing," Ian replied. "The Vulptex marked as Imperials."

"Imperials?"

"There's no proof," Ian said. "But the armor they had matches with some Imperial Commandos from the N.I.O days."

"So?" Saul asked. "Imperial Remnants have been scouring the Galaxy for centuries, the last Imperial Empire collapsed and are scattered. We haven't heard from them a while."

"Well, the disturbance," Ian said. "Is actually from Imperial codes, It's probably an old looped message but command is a little concerned."

"Or Vulptex," Saul took a drag from his cigarette. "Give him Vulptex a message: Next time he should do his own dirty work rather than leave it to other people."

Too true," Ian looked at Aveline. "Oh! You're Aveline! Sorry for not noticing you! I tend to tunnel vision." Ian smirked. "It's nice to see that Saul is actually getting acquainted with the Padawan."

Saul's face etched to bewilderment. "Padawan?!" Saul said.

«I appreciate good tech. Not millennia old nostalgia» Aveline replied. She let them talk, after giving a smiling nod to the new arrival. They were clearly old friends, and so she allowed herself to fade into the background and observe them.

When it was time for her to speak, she offered her introduction. «Aveline Cuilein» she glanced over Saul's way, grinning at his reaction to hearing of her rank. «That a problem? You said there's nothing out there anyway…»

Saul Colsan Saul Colsan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom