Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply I See In A Different Light, The Objects of My Desire

The comment I made got him a little bit. Likely was just a small reaction to me prodding him about the jacket. I mean, a lone mercenary type, with a jacket and glasses. He wanted to look cool. It was his style. Of course someone was going to pick on him a little about it. Even someone like myself. However, the return he had was pretty quick. Even the mention of losing the privilege of using his jacket. I audibly chuckled a little with his desire to make it seem like he wouldn't offer a coat if I was cold. Such a gentlemen.

What surprised me was his question of being part of some Redhead denomination of a kind. Almost like there was a religion of just redheads or gingers that convene. My mouth fell agape at the question. While I could have easily told him the truth, I did so in a joking fashion.

"Yeah, the denomination has a lack of souls. So we go out collecting them. Gonna suck the soul of of you when you aren't paying attention."

I mean, sure, I was a redhead, but its original color had been black as a child. My commune with the force, and the various... changes done to me had shifted from black to red. Not unlike that of the force corrupting Jedi to have yellow or red eyes. Much like my own. It was also because of my species. I was not... completely human. For now, I would keep that to myself.

It seemed like that was going to be the end of the conversation when he brought back up about my reason for being here. Breathing in, I took a moment. Gathering my thoughts. My eyes falling to my boots. The dirt and grime on them had a sudden fascination to me. My hand gripping the dress I wore. Clenching it tightly as though there were many things I wanted to say or speak about. However, I didn't want them to all flood out. So I gave the simplest answer to him.

"My connection to the force is... different. I was just looking at the charts for places to go and I got this like. Itching? This feeling like I needed to come to a place that was not on my chart. I had no idea this planet was here at first. Even with researching it on the travel here, I just had this, for the lack of a better term, voices? In my head that told me to come here."

Realizing what I had said, my voice immediately cut in before he could respond to what I stated earlier. Looking directly back to him as though I was trying to plead my case before a court.

"It sounds crazy I know. Its not like literal voices in my head saying to come here, but it was this gut feeling that was wrenching at me. I don't even know the full reason why I am here. Yet I want to find out. Now that I don- Now that I have the freedom to do so."

Felix Faraday Felix Faraday

VVVDHjr.png

VVVDHjr.png
The Trail - The Forests of Pydyr - Pydyr
Lúthien Tinúviel Lúthien Tinúviel || @CLOSED
VVVDHjr.png

Suck his soul out? What kind of denomination was this? Felix's head tilted back as joyous breathe left his body. His eyes closed the briefest of moments as his laughter whispered out of him. The soft chuckle leaving him as he kept his eyes ahead.

"I can't wait," a smirk ever present in his features with his offhand remark, "Never had someone try to steal my soul before."

Another shift in gears as the speeder took a cruise up and over a hill before traveling on flat plains once again. The steady thrum of the engine vibrating and carrying them forward as the sun gleamed down its heat upon every inch of veridian grass. The saving grace being the rush of wind blowing and bursting past at the speeds the two of them were cruising.

Nothing distracted him from noticing the way Lucien's entire demeanor shifted. Her brooding growing ever more downcast as she clutched her clothing tight between her fingers. His mouth fell from a smirk into a thin line as he held his breath for a moment. Did he perhaps oversteps his bounds? If he was bringing up something rather sensitive, perhaps maybe he should . . .

Steadying himself against the wheel of the speeder, Felix remained silent as Luthien spoke while noting how her gaze kept to the floor as she spoke. His eyes widened as she peered directly at him. Almost instinctively, his head leaned an inch away as she pleaded her case. For a moment, surprise flitted across his eyes. He did not expect this . . . outpouring? If it could be called that.

But he recognized the desperation in her voice, in her eyes, in the very way she spoke to him. If he had to harbor a guess, Luthien did not have much in the way of allies or friends. Her situation was not unfamiliar to him.

Felix nodded a few times as he took his attention away from her. His attention forward as his brow furrowed while he remained silent for a few moments. What to do? Well, there was only one thing he could do. Believe her. Help. It didn't seem like many people were lining up to do that for her.

Why not take a leap of faith? It wouldn't be his first time anyway.

"I'll help you," Felix's face relaxed a little and only kept firm by the purpose behind each of his words, "We'll find out why you're here and what to do about it."

A small, almost sheepish shrug in her direction followed. Felix grinned no longer in jest but in confidence.

"If you would like my help, that is."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom