Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply I See In A Different Light, The Objects of My Desire

P Y D Y R

I could feel the pain in my right arm. Yet had nothing to clutch or grab onto. I couldn't soothe the pain of my limb being missing. It almost felt like I could open and close the hand I no longer had. Instead, it was just a stump of a limb that was cut off just below the elbow. Even now, I could see the tendons that were barely there. Flexing as if there was an arm still attached. Before it was taken by my mother. Used for one of her stupid rituals. I felt an anger welling up within me. One I hated for. I wish that woman could have felt how much pain she caused me. How much she had left me with. Even if the dagger left her with a slow and painful death, I wished there had been more given to her. Stabbing her in the throat and letting her bleed out with eyes wide open at me. Betrayed by her daughter who just did what she asked. Instead, I took my life. Wanting to do with it what I will.

Not that I could do much now. All I had was this stupid ship that was once hers. One she used to transport her squad into battle against the Jedi. Breathing in deeply, I slammed my fist into the ramp button. Letting it lower onto the moon of Pydyr. There was something drawing me here. Something I wanted to discover. Something I needed to find. It called to me in a way I had never felt before. Like I was being asked to come here.

The ramp closed up behind me as my left hand pushed some hair out of my face. Blown there by the wind as it whipped around. Only to fall back in front of my eyes. If it wasn't so difficult to tie my hair up with one hand, I'd do it again just to not have to deal with this wind. Holding the broken lightsaber in my hand, I crossed the distance to where I could feel my calling. Something drew me here, and I was going to find it.

OOC: If others wish to join this thread after the first response, Please DM me.

Within the moon called to many, as if something was trying to be found, perhaps someone even if that would be unlikely. Dorian was called here, as well as was his master. Dorian would of course bring his droid with him. On the planet was a clearing on the few places of land above the water was his ship. A custom Fighter made from him an ETA-10. Dorians droid was not with him, but instead on a ship in orbit, watching and waiting.

Dorian was dressed very well for the climate, robes that were not to long, but not ones that belonged to the jedi, rather being more noble in design. Dorian spoke seemingly to no one

"Why do you call me here master, my training is complete is it not?" Be it his master or some other way he was called, he felt the urge to stay, as something deep inside told him to stay in the clearing, surrounded by rock and water.

Voices echoed. The voice of my mother, the Mawites, others I had not heard before. Having been a while since having fed on... well... someone, was making it a little difficult with my mental facilities. However, I still had it in control. It was still calling me. A voice hiding among the rest. Nearly silent. It spoke no words, sent no visions. It was just there. As if it were leading me with a compass to where I needed to go. Drawing myself closer and closer to where I possibly needed to go. I continued to walk onward. Finding myself among a forested area. Foreign trees and flora were around me.

"Relax. Focus yourself. Just like you do when you are alone. You got it."

Whispering words to myself, Keeping my mind centered, the eyes fell shut. My mind fell silent. As if all the sounds softly faded away into a void. Nothing but the force. Nothing but the river that flowed through all of creation and time. The black and whites fell into a grey in which I found myself. Sensing what I could around me. Animals, creatures, all causing ripples to echo about themselves. Just paying attention to said ripples, allowed me to see where they were going. Estimating their next location. A smile opened upon my face as I could feel one close to me.

However, it dropped. Within the force, I felt a person. Dark, but not Sith. Light but not Jedi. Those I have felt before. Someone who was a wild card. No real true connection to one side or the other. Without hesitation, I cut myself off from the force. Without hesitating, I started to scatter my presence. around the area. Making it difficult to find me.

If they wanted to find me, they would have to search me down by finding every single one by trial and error. Until then, I booked it through the forest to get closer to my objective.

Damion Dorian Tarkin Damion Dorian Tarkin

Dorian stood on a rock waiting, speaking again to something or someone that did not seem to be there. A vision, or perhaps hallucinations within his own mind, so far it was unclear.

"I am growing impatient with these games" He spoke, calmly. His hands clasped behind his back as that was the way he liked to stand. He was always aware of the force, and he was skilled enough to not need to be in a full meditative state to see into what this otherworldly...no, This living being from what seemed another more powerful yet similar dimension. What the force truly was other than what he was taught, he had no idea, even if his own theories or ideas were sometimes apparent.

He stood there, waiting until he felt something. It was only there a moment but it was there. Another being, close by before suddenly being completely snuffed out. By pure reaction alone, he quickly turned and sent a huge blast of force to the area behind him. The bark on the farther trees was violently peeled from the tree that was attached. The trees that were closer to him on the other hand, were almost ripped from the ground and soil itself. The attack would miss completely but would be surprisingly close.

Dorian knew something, or someone was nearby, something he had never truly felt before, something Unique. Whether or not this really was what he was here for, his curiosity did overtake him and he would attempt to track down what he felt. He was no master, but he did learn a few things here and there about tracking, he also started to hear voices in the force. Nothing bad, and nothing that would drive him to insanity. Voices that were telling him to follow if he got too far.

'This day...' he thought to himself 'Is going to interest me greatly'

Tags: Lúthien Tinúviel Lúthien Tinúviel

Rushing towards my destination. Footfalls barely touching the ground with a nimble, and agility to leave little sound, and nearly no foot-prints. My rapid breathing was heavier than the sounds of my running. Learning to evade others for years on my own, and training from my mother was allowing me to move to such a degree. My hearts were keeping the pace up. Keeping my signature hidden from whomever it was.

A pull of the force. A vacuum of power that drew upon in one central location to my left. Eyes widening before I leapt up into the trees, bouncing up as quickly I could while a blast of the force flew past. Tearing trees from the ground, and at the end of this attack they would bend over and topple. This person was violent. Needlessly so. Why the action to do this when all I was doing was trying to find the people who called me here? This wasn't right. Keeping the saber ready, but off was all I could do.

"In all Hells."

Shaking my head, there was only a feeling to just continue on towards my own objective. Leaving this individual in the dark forest. I didn't need them to search for this voice, this calling, did I? Would I? Finally lowering myself back to the ground by jumping gradually from branch to branch, Rolling to soften the fall. My one arm aiding the roll to my feet and sliding to a stop.

"Whatever is here, better not be this violent smooth-brain."

It was only a reaction he had when he used the force not a few moments prior, He would not call it panic, but that's what it was. A little bit of panic goes a long way. He don't know why but something screamed danger, and his guard being down at the moment was surely a factor. Nevertheless it was now done, and his guard was up as he slowly moved to track what he sensed. He did not run, nor do anything fancy to track this...whatever it may be, even if he could.

No matter how light some movements were, or how nimble someone might be, a trace would almost always be found. Some of the trees had displaced moss, or leaves. Some plants on the ground were crushed, still recovering from the foot that had stepped on them. Some dirt was even in a few places where it should not be, On a fallen leaf for example.

Despite his slow movement, following what was slowly becoming more clearly a human, or human-like person, he made good distance and time.

"What is your destination, what is so important...or terrifying that you need to move so fast, and recklessly?" He asked himself, that would be directed at this person should he get the chance to speak, thought his actions might have prevented that already.

Tags: Lúthien Tinúviel Lúthien Tinúviel

Whatever was now hunting me, if they could after all the trash and debris that had been thrown from the blast. I centered myself within the force. Focusing for a mere moment. Reaching to touch a tree to the side, leaving an echo of me here. Breathing in for a moment, I then sped off. Atoan, and Sangnir blood pumping through my veins would allow me to run many times faster than any normal human could. Endurance to match. Racing through the forest in a random pattern and pathing. Using my hand, or feet to leave marks or echoes in the force. A trail for whoever was following.

It was here, when I shut everything down. Scattering any kind of signature I may have had. Instead, focusing just the smallest measurement of the force. No bigger than any other lifeform within the forest. No bigger than the trees that waved within the winds. Reaching to the teachings my mother had, Barriers. Ones that can be of the mind, just as easily as the physical kind. Barriers placed just barely off of the ground. Allowing just my feet to interact with the lifted, nearly invisible surface.

Lifting barriers higher up to be skating between branches of the trees. Making sure to not touch anything. To leave nothing as I would make my way towards my intended goal. Even if this violent person decided to track through this mess of left behind echoes, and subtle clues to where I had been, I was leaving none of this to chance. Getting above the typical vision of humans. Tracking meant keeping eyes to the ground, not in the sky where little to no clues could be left.

"Who ever this is, I don't want to find their bad side."

VVVDHjr.png

VVVDHjr.png
The Trail - The Forests of Pydyr - Pydyr
Lúthien Tinúviel Lúthien Tinúviel || Damion Dorian Tarkin Damion Dorian Tarkin
VVVDHjr.png

This had been the first real job Felix had in a long time. Delivering supplies. Maybe it was not the most prosperous or booming means of making ends meet with his skills. But Felix was content and his skills were needed nonetheless. His employers required discretion, and that he could manage more than well enough. He done this job and made deliveries to this planet every now and again. It might as well have been a drill, a simple step-by-step process. Renting a small speeder with a flatbed had not been too difficult along with hitching a ride on a public starship to Pydyr.

And now his hand pulled the throttle back and the speeder accelerated forward through the woods. The flatbed following and floating behind his speeder. A number of boxes and containers strapped down onto the bed. The path towards his buyers had been ingrained into his head. Even if it had been a while, the direction he maintained should not keep him too far off the mark. Being rusty was not the same as forgetful.

Perhaps he would have made it to his destination without incident if not for the sudden thunderous boom and rapid snapping of trees echoed throughout the area. His eyes instantly rose up towards the sky. Birds rapidly fluttering away in one direction. Turning the handles on the speeder, the hoverbike spun around and began heading towards the scene.

I feel like I'm going to regret this.

His speeder hopping and jumping over roots and rocks as Felix maintained a steady speed towards the disturbance. Too many trees. Not enough room to go any faster without risking hitting something or risking losing his luggage.

Above him.

Perhaps it was instinct. A shadow passing by that he caught onto. Maybe it was the heavy and rapid breathing and the sound of a heartbeat hammering inside the stranger's chest reaching his ears.

Felix slowed the speeder before looking up at the redheaded woman hopping through the air. Felix raised an eyebrow for a moment before staring in astonishment as he approached. Shaking his amazement off, a small wave of the hand and a friendly smile followed in greeting.

"Hello!"

Releasing the throttle and turning handlebars to the side, Felix slowed the speeder, and it slid to a stop sideways.

"I heard the commotion! Are you okay? Do you need help?"

Something was not right. Not the woman before him (or should he say above him), but a certain air of danger choked the atmosphere and sent every hair to stand on end.​

Last edited:
While literally running through the air, the sound of a speeder came up, but as soon as the voice rang out, I turned around and came to a stop. A man that was in the speeder was clearly just carrying supplies and was obviously not the person who was just throwing force blasts through the forest. He didn't even look like a Force Sensitive individual. Supplies on the ship, I had a feeling I needed to go with him. The voices in my head asking me to sit.

Without hesitation, I dropped down in front of the speeder. Landing on the hood with a thump, I looked directly into the man's eyes. Seeing he was without ill intent.

"Yes, don't know who that guy is, but I am looking for some people here. Just take me wherever you are going and I'll pay you. No questions asked."

Looking around, I didn't even wait for his response. Moving to sit in the passenger seat, I looked behind the speeder and just kind of started to demand him to go.

"Faster we get out of this forest, less likely you will lose cargo to whoever that force thrower is."

Damion Dorian Tarkin Damion Dorian Tarkin Felix Faraday Felix Faraday

VVVDHjr.png

VVVDHjr.png
VVVDHjr.png

The sudden thud of the woman landing atop the hood sent Felix to instinctively jump in his seat. His eyes met her own as they stared down one another for a few moments. Friend? Foe? His offer to help was still valid, but was there any real danger to her eyes? No. No danger and it remained that way even as she spoke her offer. She simply needed help.

And was willing to pay for it.

"Alright. Get-."

The one-armed redhead did not even wait for the mercenary to finish speaking before hopping into the passenger seat. A raised eyebrow followed before he shrugged his shoulders.

"Okay then," Felix grinned. Between fighting whatever was in the forest and saving a damsel in distress willing to pay him, Felix chose the latter. Besides, not like many people were out in this particular part of the forests so no real danger if he left the force thrower situation be.

Adjusting the stick shift and slamming his foot down on the pedal, the speeder raced forward before Felix spun the wheel and pulled on the emergency brake, drifting the vehicle to turn around. Speeding away and back towards the trail he was on, Felix expertly wove the speeder through the trees and brush. His brow furrowed in concentration, but he cast a quick look and a smile in the redhead's direction.

"Name's Felix Faraday. You?"

If he kept at the speeder at the pace they were going, the two of them should pass into an open clearing. Then it would be smooth driving from there on out, at least until they got closer to his destination.​

The sudden acceleration in speed, as well as the drifting of the vehicle, I opted to grab the seat belt after and clip it in. Making sure to stay in. With me only having one hand available to hold me in, it was something that I did not trust one arm to be able to do. Sure, I was pretty strong, but not enough grip strength to resist a couple G-forces trying to yank me from my seat and change of momentum. Even as he was deftly able to navigate the forest like he had been here before, his face turned towards me. Giving me his name of Felix Faraday. Alliteration in the name was interesting. But it wasn't my name. Not like I could judge. Most people couldn't even spell my name to begin with.

"Lúthien Tinúviel, My mother didn't make it easy for me to make friends with in classes."

A small chuckle at my own name, I kept turning my head to look back over the cargo and make sure that there was no one following us. I was still warry that whoever that individual was, would still be able to catch up. I knew force users could run fast as hell when augmented with the force. So I was not going to let my guard down just because some guy decided to pick up a hitchhiker.

Felix Faraday Felix Faraday Damion Dorian Tarkin Damion Dorian Tarkin

VVVDHjr.png

VVVDHjr.png
VVVDHjr.png

Weaving between trees and brush, Felix kept his eyes on the road as he kept driving. Peering once into the rearview mirror, he caught a glimpse of nothing but trees falling into the distance. The mirror even reflected the red-haired woman peering over his cargo to get a good look behind them. Looks like she came to the same idea he did. No one can ever be too sure they lost someone in the dust.

Although, to be fair, he was a professional at running away from problems. Perhaps she should have held a little more faith in him. Not that it mattered too much. As long as he got past the treeline and into open plains of grass and brush, the speeder would find itself able to travel full-speed without issue.

"Maybe those friends didn't appreciate the beauty behind the name," Felix said almost offhandedly as he shifted gears once more and twisted the wheel, making a quick turn.

"You make a lot of force thrower enemies? Or are forests not your scene?"

As easily as that wisecrack escaped his lips, Felix adjusted his footing on the pedals and pulled the shift again as the speeder drifted once more. Like a rock skipping smoothly across stones, the engine roared and settled as the repulsors cycled through accelerating and deaccelerating. The entire speeder swerved neatly, completing a near-perfect semi-circle, around a bundle of trees before resuming a straight away course.

"Once we're clear of all these trees, I can really punch it. Then, it'll be smooth sailing. Keep checking our rear for anyone or anything."

Handing out orders was not typically his style. But in this case? He was sure the both of them would let it slide considering the situation.​

Last edited:
Keeping an eye out on my side of the speeder, and using a hand to try my best to hold me in with all the zipping around he was doing, I let the first comment about my name slide. They didn't see the beauty behind the name? I had no clue what he meant. That I was pretty or if the name was, or that the kids were just dumb as hell. However, his deft handwork on the controls showed me he really did have skills with the speeder. One in which made me a little jealous. I would have loved to have been able to drive like this. Even when I did have two arms.

"I like forests, and I don't have friends."

A very simple and kind of snarky way of answering the man. I did enjoy nature and its atmosphere. I grew up around people who wanted to break that down, use the force and twist life into what they wanted. Instead of respecting it. So seeing nature without all of this perverted vision, was a very wholesome and humbling moment for me. The other dude on the other hand, just ripping it up from the ground was new.

The next words of the man was to keep an eye out so he could focus on the driving. Honestly, it was a simple request and one that made sense. There wasn't much I could do other than maybe warn him or fight with the force. Which when running away, we didn't need. What we needed was someone who was paying attention to the task at hand, and go with it.

"Got it covered Felix."

I made sure to use his name. Mostly to help myself remember it so I wouldn't just forget it and call him. "Dude" or whatever. But also, because it showed I paid attention to his words. I meant what I said. With my having to turn around, I was exposing my head. So ever now and again I would turn back to the front. Making sure that My head wouldn't smack into any low hanging branches or whatever.

"Sorry about landing on the speeder earlier. Kind of needed a hasty escape,"

Felix Faraday Felix Faraday

VVVDHjr.png

VVVDHjr.png
Lúthien Tinúviel Lúthien Tinúviel || @CLOSED
VVVDHjr.png

She liked forests? He raised an eyebrow further at that remark than the whole "no friends" comment. A pleased hum escaped Felix as he focused on traveling forward. The trees would give way soon to open plains. No more tricks through the trees and timber as he settled into a steady speed. Almost like the forest had opened a path. A path traveling forth and rushing the speeder closer and closer to those open grassy knolls.

"Don't worry about it. It's a rental," Felix cast a quick look with a grin. A soft chuckle escaped him for a moment. No need to be upset over something so trivial. Besides, it's not like it had been in perfect shape to begin with. Nobody could ping a few new dents on him anyway.

"Besides, I've done my fair share of hasty escapes. It wouldn't be fair to be upset."

A simple shrug to top off that particular remark from himself. The speeder fell into a steady gallop as it raced forward, and the mercenary cast another glance in the back mirror. Nothing. It seems they had escaped their pursuer, assuming anything or anyone had been pursuing them at all. Perhaps a small miracle that whoever or whatever it was decided to give up so easily.

But even Felix knew better than to trust everything would go so well, so perfectly. Best to keep his guard up until they reached the plains.

"So, how many more hasty escapes do you plan on making?" Felix cast a quick yet amused glance at Luthien, "Because I hear it is usually a little more fun with friends."

His eyes kept ahead on the path forward. Easier to maintain a casual interest in her little predicament. But that old grin never left him, although it seemed just a bit more knowing than before.​

Apparently it was a rental? Confused about it for a moment, it started to make sense. Renting a speeder and have insurance cover it in case something happened to it. Or, if someone was say, transporting something, you wouldn't want the vehicle tied to you if you decided to use more nefarious means. Either way, I just shook my head at the man. he was being rather open with me about the situation, so I gave him a little bit of the benefit of the doubt. Just a small amount of trust. Still getting up and looking around as we were making out way out of the forest and out into the open plains. Just able to see up ahead where it looked like more sunlight was available.

Felix asked if there were more hasty escapes I had planned. Shrugging my shoulders, it seemed like this man was used to being a getaway driver. Asking about it, the gun he carried, and how easily he was willing to accept credits for helping me leave the situation instead of just finding the individual and fighting. It was like pieces coming together.

"That depends. I want to figure out why I am here first." Turning to him, a furrowed brow and a sly smile. "Why? Are you wanting someone to give you a hand?"

Lifting the remaining parts of what was my right arm, just a stump, but covered and wrapped up in the clothing I wore, the end of the sleeve tied in on itself to prevent chit from flying up into it, I then waved it a little bit in his direction.

"Not like I would be much help."

VVVDHjr.png

VVVDHjr.png
VVVDHjr.png

Felix allowed his eyes to take a quick look at her missing arm, at the stump left behind. It would be rude to stare otherwise. Although, considering his own situation with his own two arms, perhaps he would have been given an exception. The humorous thought of being "stump buddies" vanished just as quickly as it entered his mind. Slowly, he turned the wheel of the speeder to straighten its direction a little more as it sped over grass and rock.

"I think you're selling yourself short, Luthien," Felix spoke, letting a toothy grin show itself now in reply to her sly smile. Oh he could see it in the peripheral of his vision. "How much of a hand did you need when you were dancing through the air?"

An unintentional pun within his turn of phrase and question, but it made his rhetoric no less true. She was not as helpless as she made herself out to be, in jest or not. Whether it was an underestimation of her own skills or a subtle trick to make him underestimate her, her words found no anchor with him. Instead, Felix focused on pressing his foot down on the pedal.

"Speaking of," Felix's eyes glittered with excitement and mischief.

The speeder accelerated as the repulsors kicked into high gear. One more shift in the stick as the speeder accelerated in velocity. Enough to send his head against the seat as the trees became nothing but blurs rapidly passing. The wind whizzing past the ears and sending that roaring sound up and down the whole body. The heart pumping faster and faster to keep pace with the speeds the two were traveling.

"This is my favorite part of the ride! Hang on!" Felix's grin grew even wider.

Suddenly, as they escaped and cut across the treeline, everything felt like it was floating. The speeder flying high through the sky as the two became weightless in their seats. The bright sun shining on them both as the speeder shot over several yards of open plain grass. The velocity the only thing besides their belts pushing them into their seats.

Felix's eyes widened, shining under the sunlight. For a brief moment, it felt as if he was soaring on wings. Like nothing else existed.

"WHOOOO-HOOOOO!"

A few seconds passed before gravity took a real hold on the craft and the pair soared down and landed in the plains. The speeder swerved a little from side to side, but Felix's quick hand on the controls brought it to a steady ride once more. Right here and now, Felix allowed himself to give a good look at Luthien as his shoulders shook with each chuckle he took, perhaps at her surprised expense.​

I mean... he was right. I didn't need the arm to do a whole, as he put it, dancing through the air. To be fair though, that was using the force. If you wanted to use your hand, or had to use your hand for something, then sometimes, the force was not the way to go. Even when I put the arm down, I felt a twinge in my arm. Almost as if it was still there. The fingers still curling and opening. Feeling the fist close in on itself. Yet, there was none there. My concentration was broken by Felix stating something about speaking. Looking to him, I then realized what he was doing. My eyes widening quickly when he threw the speeder into gear.

It began to zoom at speeds That I was starting to not feel comfortable with. Mostly due to the fact that I was not the one in control of the vehicle. As a Passenger, you didn't have much control of anything, and it can very easily, and certainly scare you. My head leaning back into the force of the vehicle speeding up, My hand reaching over to grab whatever I could to hold on. Not paying attention to what I was grabbing. Just white-knuckling it. Even with hearing that apparently this was his favorite part of the drive. So he had done this before?

Soaring up and into the air, I could hear Felix become excited by it. Yelping out a Whoohoo at the speed and exhilaration. I had a dumb smile on my face before I realized that this was a land speeder. Not an air speeder. It would have to come back down.

"OH CHIT!"

It came out on accident as we came falling back down to the ground. Swerving back and forth trying to regain control of the vehicle, I just seemed to try and tighten my grip even tighter, but I didn't think I could hold onto something that tight. After it seemed like everything was calmed down, I physically relaxed when the thoughts and feelings of crashing were gone as quickly as I had them, I had this big dumb smile on my face. It was adrenaline pumping through my body. I could feel it. The flight or fight response.

I turned to look back at Felix as I kind of figured he would. Wanting to see what reaction I had from his little stunt. However, that's when I realized what I had grabbed to hold on was his jacket. I had crumpled it pretty hard. My eyes went wide at the realization I grabbed out to him. Instinct to just grab, and he was the closest thing.

"Chit, uh... kark. I mean. I didn't mean to grab tha- I'm sorry."

Half embarrassed, and half worried I had ruined his nice red jacket, I let go of it and brought my hand back into my lap. Kind of holding it there like I had slapped the man.

"I didn't mean to grab your jacket."

VVVDHjr.png

VVVDHjr.png
VVVDHjr.png

The chuckle became a laugh as Felix watched her curse and smile away at his little stunt. His chest heaving with glee as his shoulder shook with newfound mirth. The speeder slowed a little as he laughed, aware enough that laughing while driving fast was not the best combination. Not like there was anything to hit or crash into with such an open area, but better safe than sorry.

It took a moment for Luthien's words to register. A little longer for the pressure as she clutched to his jacket before simply releasing her hold. Felix spared a quick glance at her hand before back to his jacket. His eyes went back onto the road. Luthien's whole carefree demeanor disappearing just like that as she simply . . . receded into herself, into her shell. Was he supposed to get upset over her grabbing his jacket? When he was the one that had sent them flying and forcing her to grab ahold of something to hold onto? No, there'd be no point.

Honestly, he preferred when she was smiling. Did he need to find another spot to send the pair of them flying again?

"This coat has gone through way worse, Luthien," Felix chuckled as he released one hand from the wheel before smoothing his jacket out. Memories of his more rough and tumbled days flashing across his mind for a brief moment. "So, don't apologize. Your hand is probably the best thing that's happened to it in a while."

Felix tilted his head to the side nonchalantly for a moment as a simple closed-eye shrug followed. Not missing a beat, he adjusted the speeder's speed with another shift in gears and easing his foot down on the pedal, keeping it cruising faster than before but not quite the blazing fast velocity from before. A comfortably quick pace to get where they were going.

"But if you wanted it so badly, all you had to do was ask. I'm more than happy to share."

A smirk and a side glance in her direction followed.​

Some people wanted personal space. Others just didn't liked to me touched or grabbed onto. Maybe the jacket meant something to him. It could also just have been that he didn't want to have been grabbed in that moment. Still, even as the shrug came my way, the explanation of that has probably been the best that the jacket has been through in recent times, it was a mere moment of thought for me. How was that the best the jacket had been through? and same for him, the individual? I was about to speak up, and ask what it had been through.

Yet, that was broken by his next snarky line thrown my direction. Saying if I had wanted the jacket, I could have just asked, and he would have shared it with me. My eyes rolled heavily into the back of my head. Fixing themselves as I looked at him with a very unamused face. Indicating my own heavy cloth dress, the pants I wore underneath with the boots that were well worn

"I am not cold if that is what you are asking. If I was going to wear a jacket, it wouldn't be so... gawdy."

As I said the word, I tried my hardest not to let the smirk slowly break onto my face. I had to look away from him Suddenly finding a fascination in the plains and rolling hills of waves from natural plants instead of a body of water. That was held only for a moment as I looked back directly at him. Just wishing to see his reaction. He was so keen on this jacket. It meant a lot to him. Clearly by the way he talked about it, and it was the brightest article of clothing I had seen.

Most notibly, people who tended to do work on their own, had something they were prideful about. Jacket, firearm, ship, special pair of sunglasses, maybe just full of themselves just a little bit? For Felix, it might have been all of them, or none of them. Just depends.

"I can't judge the jacket too harshly, I wear a dress like I'm from a cult commune."

Something that was very true, but making light of the situation.

VVVDHjr.png

VVVDHjr.png
VVVDHjr.png

Her unamused look only garnered a brief chortle from Felix, laughter leaving him as easily as air. That cheerful glean to his eyes never once leaving him. But his mouth soon hung open as Luthien took a small verbal jab of her own at his jacket. He almost thought he saw the tail end of a smirk as Luthien spun her head away from him. There had been a moment he thought she had become more serious towards him, but, if his hunch was right, she was not quite as annoyed as she acted.

But, if she was, it was just another opportunity to chip away at that shell.

"Gawdy? I don't believe this," Felix shook his head before rolling his eyes, chuckling, "This is how you lose the privilege of using my jacket as your personal grab handle. Careful what you say next. I'm a sensitive soul."

Not a serious threat at all, but why not poke a little more fun at her? Snark and humor seemed to alleviate all her stress from earlier. Besides, judging from her circumstance and attire, fun was perhaps the last thing she's ever had in a while. He might as well make this trip a pleasant one.

"Funny you say that. You wouldn't happen to be from the society of redheads? The ginger denomination?"

Sparing a small glance, his gaze traveled away from her clothing to her missing arm. The stump covered in clothe and strips of fabric. A small part of him wondered how old that wound was, if he needed to be concerned. She did not seem sick or ill, if it was recent and infected. No one could ever be too sure, though. His gaze then settled on her fiery hair before looking back at the path ahead.

Perhaps he could pry later when the both of them reached their destination, where he could do more for her medically than in an old speeder. It would be a long drive until then. Lucky for the both of them, he had a time killer of a question. His hands relaxed at the wheel before resting in his seat a little more, leaning a little more back into it. His eyes cast one more look into the back mirror before keeping his focus remaining on the road.

"You mentioned before . . . you wanted to figure out why you were here. May I ask what that is about?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom