Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"I saw it in my dreams."

"I saw it in my dreams"
Epoch, a bright shining paradise world located in the Deep Core. Known for it's resorts, fuel exports, and single continent spanning capital city which serves as the imperial and industrial heart of the Erebus System. The culture of Epoch is mostly ascetic and minimalist, citizens are raised to believe they live to serve the planetary monarchy and better everyone's standard of living through hard work and mandatory military service when said persons come of age. Artistry and individualism is discouraged if not outright suppressed by all but the elitists that live amongst the noble families. Generally everyone on the planet lives in happy compliance with the governing body and believes themselves elite among the many star systems.​
Over the last decade, a single group of noble families has amassed considerable influence and built from the ground up it's own power base in the heart of the Epochan Capital. Acquiring the local refinery companies and tech giants, the Oligarchs seek to exploit the planet for wealth and sever ties with the Galactic Republic. The war between the Republic and One Sith has only complicated matters further, attempting to stimulate unrest amongst the people the Oligarch have released vicious lies and propoganda in an attempt to rally members to their cause. Fears of revolt from the noble families in an effort to take the crown have reached the minds of loyalists and King himself who has gone to great lengths to keep order.
It wasn't until nearly a month ago that events escalated, rather than political banter, the Oligarchs have openly attempted to have the King of Epoch assassinated and any loyalist houses killed off. With no Republic intervention in sight due to the war effort the Oligarchs begin to move the masses in their favor stating the current regime cannot protect them. In a last ditch effort to contain the situation and peacefully resolve the issue, the King of Epoch has sent his personal diplomat Artorius Vosh to call upon the New Jedi Order from Ession to bring a non biast solution to play.
Kaigann thrashed about in his sleep, his dreams, his visions had begun to haunt him again. He saw his family, his father, and his mother burning under a black star, the air was cold and the scene constantly shifted to something new. One would usually dismiss such dreams as nightmares but, Kaigann had seen Coruscant's Fall in a vision before it occurred and had seen things that would normally prove too 'real' to be a mere bad dream. Waking up mid dream, the young padawan gripped the covers drenched in sweat. A knock came to his door, "Master Rade would like to speak with you in the hangar if you would have a moment."
"Yeah I'll be right down."
[member="Graxin Rade"]​

Placeholder 0123

P
Graxin knew little of the troubles that ailed his young Padawan. He had grown fond of the boy, even to call him family in some cases. Kaigann was everything Graxin could have ever of for a Padawan, and then some. As such, it was to little surprise that he called upon the Jedi in training to assist with the harrowing events coming together on Epoch. It was a world entirely unknown to the Jedi Knight, but one that had called for the Reformation's assistance anyway. For a planet so far from the Reformation's influence to call for the movement's help, they must have truly been in dire straits.

The Knight awaited in the hanger of the Grand Temple. His hands rested in the vestiges of his robes, and his brow was set in concentration as he read over the reports for the umpteenth time. The Mephirium was docked in the center of the hanger, a ship Graxin hoped to never part with. It had served him as a Sith, in the Republic, and now with the Reformation with minimal issue. It was as much apart of him as his own lightsaber was. He strode over to the entry ramp of the ship, and shoved the datapad back into the arms of the service droid that had come to speak with him.

"Take the rest of your report to my office, and inform the rest of the Grand Council that I will be out of contact for a day or so." The droid nodded and went on its way. Graxin folded his arms over his chest, and awaited his Padawan.

[member="Kaigann Fossk"]

The platform lowered into the hangar bay of the Grand Temple, the turbolift slowed to a crawl as the platform neared it's stop. Stepping off of the elevator, Kaigann strode toward the Mephirium where his master had been waiting for him. The apprentice was dressed in his order robes as usual when on official business, he had no idea why he was being called down to the hangar but was glad to have something to keep his thoughts away from his dreams.

Kaigann closed in on Graxin and slightly bowed in greeting to his master and snickered, "You're up early master. Usually the elderly wake up a few hours later." He tried to put on a facade to hide exhaustion, lack of sleep had placed bags under his eyes. The few hours he did get was racked with nightmares, and dreams of his family. In all honesty he preferred to keep his mind off of sleep, dreams, and other matters they still had much to do for the Reformation.

He slowly crossed his arms and turned to gaze at the wondrous hangar before them, "I didn't think they would finish the rest of the hangar so fast... so... what can I help you with master?" He had hoped it was another mission, he was beginning to love his assignments for the Reformation.

[member="Graxin Rade"]

Placeholder 0123

P
"I'm in my thirties Kaigann. If I'm elderly hen you're middle aged." Graxin shot back with a touch of amusement. He shook his head at his Padawan, and motioned for the boy to follow him aboard the Mephirium. He led the way through the winding halls toward the cockpit, and listened absentmindedly to the junior Jedi. The Knight settled into the pilot's chair, and whirled about as the ship's engines slowly came to life.

"The people of Epoch want us to help resolve their political situation. It's not looking like it's going well. People assassinating leaders, bodies in the streets, chaos kind of deal. Have you been practicing your Djem-so techniques?" The Knight lofted a brow, and folded his arms over his chest. Always the master, even in a casual situation. It was then that he took notice of Kaigann's physical appearance. The boy was positively haggard.

"Are you alright? You look exhausted. Sleeping well?" Graxin pressed as the ship's engines grew to a dull roar. It would be ready for takeoff soon. Absentmindedly, he held out a hand. He pressed on the boy's force signature, trying to soothe his Padawan in any way he could. "Have you tried the healing techniques I showed you? They help with a lack of sleep."

[member="Kaigann Fossk"]

"Pssh. Your mind tricks won't work on me." He jested playfully, continuing on to follow his master inside the Mephirium, He was familiar with quite a bit of the ship now, despite this he followed his master into the cockpit, taking a seat near him. The engines came online, slowly kicking to life as the ship was prepped for launch.

"The people of Epoch want us to help resolve their political situation. It's not looking like it's going well. People assassinating leaders, bodies in the streets, chaos kind of deal. Have you been practicing your Djem-so techniques?"

His body froze, his homeworld the very same Epoch seen in his dreams was their destination. He was tongue tied, he attempted to muster up words but failed each time. The apprentice wanted to tell him of his visions but stayed silent as his master moved on noticing his deathly appearance.

"It's the dreams again. They come and go." He tried to changed the subject from his visions, he wanted to dismiss them as nothing. "I've been working on my saber skills day and night. The new training droids didn't stand a chance." He gazed out into the outside world, "I haven't seen Epoch since before I could remember, I can't wait to see it."

[member="Graxin Rade"]

Placeholder 0123

P
The shuttle lurched forward as Graxin brought it up from the hanger. There was no need to clear their flight--Graxin came and went as he pleased. It was one of the many perks now afforded to him. He cracked a wide smile as Kaigann recounted his training with the droids. So his wayward Padawan did listen to his lessons.

"Tell me of the dreams." He stated abruptly as they broke through the atmosphere. There were lines of ships moving to and from Ession; Graxin just veered off toward open space. He punched his fingers into the navcomp, and set the ship's destination for Epoch. The world was far, and it would be some time before arrival--time to hear just exactly what Kaigann meant.

"Are they simply nightmares, or something more? Do they feel real?"

[member="Kaigann Fossk"]

Nothing escaped Graxin's notice, he hadn't intentionally avoided the subject he merely postponed it until he could find the proper words. He wouldn't ever think of holding something from his friend and mentor, he was like a father figure or older brother to him and yet his traditional master at the same time. As such he should of known better than to think his master wouldn't of pressed on.

Kaigann took a deep breath, exhaling as he began to recount his dream. "It was snowy, mountainous yet... hot. Really really hot, I could feel my skin burn under a black sun, the ground constantly moved and in the distance... out of reach I saw them die. My family." He sighed, uncomfortable with the story told, "I've never met my family, but something told me it was them.. I looked upon the face of the woman and felt joy, happiness... then it was drenched in sorrow under him. I don't know.. maybe it's just night terrors or some bad dream. I know that each dream was on Epoch, different locations flashing before my mind. I'll start using the techniques you taught me to try and get some sleep."

He gazed outward at the traffic entering and leaving Ession, such peace finally restored to the world. Hopefully he could enjoy a sense of peace as well.

[member="Graxin Rade"]

Placeholder 0123

P
These were no dreams. Graxin had experience with visions gifted from the force. They could be boons to help someone further along in their training. Other time, they were detrimental and instilled doubt and mistrust in even the most stalwart of Jedi. The Knight had seen it happen too many times. Good men and women swallowed up by possible visions of the future that truly never really came to fruition. The fact that Kaigann had seen Epoch and that they were being called there now was no coincidence.

"The force is calling us to Epoch then. Your visions, take them with a grain of salt. Often they are visions of the future or past, and they are always just possibilities. The force is alive, always changing. Nothing is ever truly set in stone." The Knight informed as they took to hyperspace. The jump was an uneventful one as the ship jumped into the hyperlanes. Stars and nebulaes flew past the ship at a blinding pace. Graxin had long since grown used to the almost violent speeds hyperspace subjected people to.

"I have no doubt whatever you've seen will be connected to what happens on Epoch, Kaigann. We simply need to be careful as to how we go about connecting the dots." He pushed up from his seat. No point sitting there while the ship flew itself. "You should try and sleep before we arrive. It'll be a few hours."

[member="Kaigann Fossk"]

"I don't want it. Past, present, future it all needs to go. I can't stand these thoughts crawling into my head every night... I h.. I apologize master for the outburst." Kaigann caught himself in the middle of his outburst, it was draining him night after night. His master may have been right, if these were signs of what was to come on Epoch he may have made a mistake coming, only time would tell and hopefully they could steer the events away from the perceived outcome.

"I'll get some rest. Thanks Graxin, I appreciate the help, as always." He slowly rose from his seat to exit the cockpit, it would take sometime before they'd arrive over the lavish world of Epoch. Neither of the two Jedi knew what they were to encounter on the Deep Core world, only that the King had requested the New Jedi Order personally to assist in the affairs ongoing and work to develop a safe, fair peace agreement before things went out of hand. Kaigann moved throughout the Mephirium to find a bunk to rest in until their journey to Epoch was complete.

Finding the closest bunk he laid down to rest and close his heavy eyelids, hopefully it would be a while before they arrived on Epoch, he wasn't too anxious to begin this mission. As the sandman dragged him away, all his worries, all his cares vanished and for once he began to sleep peacefully, the first time in weeks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
The King's Order infuriated the Oligarchs, the sudden arrival of the Jedi Order was against everything they strode for. For years they had shooed off the Jedi Order of the Republic in an effort to keep their nose away from Epoch, the conflict between them and the One Sith only further safeguarded their operations as they were too busy now to investigate affairs in the Deep Core, especially with the One Sith closing in day by day. The Oligarchs in their quest for power had begun selling refined fuel to the One Sith, shortening their Republic transactions in the process.

This 'New' Jedi Order from Ession was unheard of, their mere presence a factor that could cause far too much harm than they could calculate. An unpredictable move on their liege's part, they had to act fast if they were to salvage what they could of this.

Hidden in the backrooms of the Epochan Assembly were dealings made to deal with this possible 'threat', they would do what they did best, get rid of the competition one way or another.

[member="Graxin Rade"]

Placeholder 0123

P
The Mephirium came down on the approach toward Epoch. Graxin pushed to his feet as the autopilot took them closer to the ship's atmosphere. They had a little bit of time to prepare. He slipped on the sentinel robes that Stargo had recently built for the Order; complete with armored pauldrons and a similar helmet. The armor was custom made for Graxin, and made him look like a king readying to lead a charge. The brown cloak hung heavy down his shoulders, and his two lightsabers swayed with purpose at his sides; ready to be used at a moment's notice.

"We've coming in Kai. Best to wake up."

He settled back into the chair as the Mephirium neared Epoch. Flight control pinged the shuttle, and Graxin transferred the flight codes. They were the guests of the king, and would likely not receive much hassle on the approach. the ship shook violently as they broke through the atmosphere, but once through, the old girl settled to a relaxing flight. Cloud parted around the Mephirium as it drew closer to the designated docking bay.

Graxin tilted his head back toward the hall that Kaigann would likely approach from. "How's the armor look?"

[member="Kaigann Fossk"]

Sleep. A necessity of life and luxury Kaigann had not enjoyed in some time since his arrival back to Ession from Eclipstica. One would tell from looking at the slumbering padawan he had finally managed to get some rest without succumbing to dreams and visions of things to come or things that had already been.

Kaigann's eyes opened wide at the sound of Graxin's voice forewarning him of their proximity to their destination, Epoch. Slowly he rose from the dead with a loud yawn, rejoicing in the fact that he had managed to get some well deserved rest he strode down the hall to rejoin his master at the helm of the vessel. As he walked down it's halls he felt the turbulence of the Mephirium as it entered the atmosphere, entering the cockpit as they cleared through the clouds.

His eyes drifted to the now armored Graxin sporting the custom Jedi Lord armor crafted from the phrik they mined on their last mission of late. "I suppose if you're going for the Skull Crushing, Bow Before Me Jedi look then yeah looks great." Kaigann smirked, "Where can I get a set of duds like that? Pretty catchy." Slowly he whipped around into the seat adjacent from Graxin, gazing off into the vast cityscape below that made up Epoch's Capital. "Everything looks so... clean, organized. Whatever they are doing here needs done on other worlds."

It was true, the Royal District they approached was a glimmering representation of the order enforced on Epoch and the culture they brought up. Making up the center of the continent spanning supercity, the Royal District was the figurative heart and center of power for all of Epoch. Tall illustrious skyscapers towered above wonderous marble, duracrete, and glass buildings that showed off the magnificent architecture of Epoch. Near the large Royal Palace that took up several sections in itself was the Epochan Assembly, a pyramid like structure that served as a senatorial like building for the several houses and noble families to meet and discuss events for the good of Epoch. It was one two places that the King of Epoch held court, now in his seclusion he stayed tucked away behind the safety of the Royal Palace for fear of assassination and plotting by the Oligarchs who held power inside the Epochan Assembly.

As the vessel approached the Epochan Royal Palace, one could see the many landing ports that served as gateways for travelers and visitors to the King's Domain. The palace had multiple towers and complex areas that made it stick out from the average capital building. As they approached the designated landing port, the padawan turned to his master and patted him on the shoulder, "Welcome to my homeworld, hopefully the people here aren't too stuck up in their ways."

When the ship touched down, they would notice standing outside of the viewport near the turbolift was none other than the Emissary of the King himself here to bring them before their master.

[member="Graxin Rade"]

Placeholder 0123

P
Epoch was unlike anything Graxin had seen before. He had heard of similar towers on Hapes and the like, but he'd never taken the actual time to see that world. The citadels on Mytus resembled them to a point, but the designs of the Sith's former capital on that world were alien compared to this. This place was regal, and whoever took residence here wanted people to know it. Vanity seemed to be a common thing here on Epoch.

Graxin brought the ship down gently upon the landing pad. He had no idea what to expect. For once, Kaigann had all the experience. This was his home, as he had said, and Graxin was just a foreigner with fancy armor. The Mephirium gave a dull hiss as the landing plank lowered and the air de-pressurized. The Master breathed a heavy sigh, and forced himself up to his feet. It was time to play diplomat, something he was growing rather accustomed to--didn't mean he enjoyed the activity.

"It's beautiful. Though I'll admit the towers are a bit vain."Graxin snickered, his bod completely clad in the armor. The helmet only served to add to his intimidating appearance. Graxin clapped his Padawan on the shoulder, and moved on his way toward the ship's exit.

"We'll loosen them a bit. It's the Jedi charm Kaigann. When you're older, I'll teach it to you." He joked as his boots thudded against the gangplank. He came to a halt at the bottom, just outside the ship, and turned his head to look at Kaigann. "This is your world. You have the experience here, you have the lead."

[member="Kaigann Fossk"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom