Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Of The Storm

[member="Myra Elspeth"]​
[SIZE=11pt]Long legs folded under the miniscule desk in the even smaller room. Hand ran through dark hair, the pen tapping against the metal of the furniture. The teenaged half-Galan was at a loss of what to write. Ellie never took things the way he intended. Makai was fairly certain the girl took everything he said, wrote or did with some symbolic meaning. Nothing was ever at face value when it came to his overly complicated best friend. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Perhaps it was why he didn’t pass on a note via Miss Arceneau those months ago on Tatooine. The notion had been tempting at the time. After their fight on Dac, Makai had left and did charitable work for the Boloon Foundation for as long as Mrs. Rosa Gunn could stomach. Not wanting to head home there was his time spent on Tatooine where he had hoped to run into Ellie. A pipe dream, the girl was rarely at the compound. It was more home for himself than his friend. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Messy handwriting scrawled across the paper. He didn't know why he was bothering with it now,the bracelet had been found at the bottom of his bag upon returning from liberty on Olstyn. All he could suspect was in his haste to leave Dac it had fallen in. If everything had gone correctly he would have gave his friend the gift ages ago. Nothing had gone his way lately it seemed. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Ellie,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]I had intentions to give this to you sooner but plans fell apart. It's not ideal but since I don't know when I will be back it will have to suffice. Hoping you and Koa are doing alright.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]-Makai [/SIZE]

0sGVD8o.png

[SIZE=11pt]One Standard Month Later[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]If you had to ask him,Csilla was a frozen wasteland. While being technologically advanced it still felt far off,isolated and a step behind the rest of the galaxy for him.it wasn't to say his experience hadn't been interesting thus far. Stationed on Csilla after his basic training, Makai had been placed into his bomber squadron for advanced training. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Boots crunched on hard packed snow and ice as he moved down the sidewalk with a group of his fellow squadron pilots. They were a boisterous crowd as the group lurched down the street. Makai had no intention to follow any further though. He had already had a few shots, played role of wingman several times in the evening. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“C’mon on Makky. It's not even that late! You can't leave us now.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“Nope. I'm done being the exotic and handsome stranger that brings the women to you sorry bunch.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“Don't flatter yourself Fish Boy."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“If I don't flatter myself who will? Stay safe out there.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]There was a sloppy, joking salute to his fellow pilots before he departed.Path diverged from the others, moving to loop back down towards the Csilla military base. It loomed large on a local landscape, sprawling on the edge of town. Yet he wasn’t going quite to the base itself. He had quickly learned to move to a small and spartan apartment at the edge of the base. Surprise inspection, check-ins, lack of privacy had all been a few reasons. No one wanted to share a bathroom with fifty other males.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Street lights winked on slowly as the sun was setting. Half-frozen hands went into his jacket pockets for the walk, trying fruitlessly to warm up. Sleet periodically nested in his hair, ice crystals sticking to the dark strands.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“I need to transfer to a warmer climate.” he muttered to himself, ducking his head down against the weather.[/SIZE]

The Farm
Myra's Room - Currently fuming while a confused Koa mewls
[member="Makai Dashiell"]

"I'm gonna kill him!"

A rather brash and certainly violent cry, but right now, Myra Elspeth Korden Arceneau Kuhn was beyond livid. Her face was bright red, her grey eyes turbulent storms, and currently, wearing down a path back and forth in her room.

It had been some time since Koa appeared at her doorstep - well more like was delivered safely but still! - with nothing but a short note by Makai and no return address. Nothing. Just a - hey, gonna be gone for a few years here take care of Koa and there is plenty of credits for food and such.

WHAT. WAS. HE. THINKING?!!

"UGHHHHH!!!" the furious and frustrated groan startled Koa, who thumped down to the floor to meow and rub along her legs, following her along back and forth but providing no actual comfort.

Myra was angry. She was furious. She scared, guilty, terrified, and above all feeling a large well of.. well, everything. The time had been spent trying to figure out where Makai was to no avail.

Now she was going to have to go for the big guns.

Her Ma.

[SIZE=11pt]“Dashiell,report to the Communications Office.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Head stuck inside the guts of a TIE bomber, it took a moment for the words to register. He was Dashiell. With a bit of effort he removed himself from the inner workings of the bomber and looked around. The rest of his Squadron was going about their daily duties : maintenance, standard repairs, various bits of training. No one had seemed to move much from when he first got lost inside the vessel. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]What did he do now?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Feet quickly carried him away from the hangar and deeper into the base. Mind swirled with possibilities. Communication Office? Didn’t they handle things like calls to diplomats and various other bases in the Iron Empire? Maybe he was wrong, maybe it was something related to a message from a higher-up in another location. A message for him or the Squadron. If it was something mundane he would be the one to pick have to go pick it up. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Stepping inside he was greeted by various looks of concern. His gut dropped. Was he getting kicked out already?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“Dashiell, as you know we normally don’t allow lower-ranking soldiers these type of privileges. However, your step-mother says its an emergency. It must be something to have her call here. You can step into the office on your right.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Emergency? Step-mother? Did his Dad go insane and remarry while he had been gone?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Stepping into the office, Makai shut the door behind him. A paused holocall was waiting. Settling down at the edge of a plush office chair, he depressed the button. Patiently waiting was one [member="Danger Arceneau"] ,apparently his new ‘step-mother’ for the day. Her ploy had worked well enough though and there weren’t many men who would say no to a honey-drawled request from the redhead.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“Miss Arceneau, hello.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Eyebrows knit together in confusion. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“They said it was an emergency? Is Dad alright? Did something happen? Mr.Kuhn is well?” He was quiet for a long moment. “Is Ellie okay? She’s not in the hospital or sick is she?”[/SIZE]

[member="Myra Elspeth"]

Well, this was a rather odd way to touch base with the younger Dashiell. However, seeing the predicament that got them here in the first place, Danger wasn't too shy at using what sway she had to contact Makai.

It wasn't as if she wouldn't know where he'd traveled to. She and Judah still kept in touch and Makai's most recent travel itinerary had involved moving into Iron Empire Space.

The matter of concern, however, was that Makai had not divulged that information to Myra, who was in a state in trying to figure out where he went off to. Now, typically, Danger would be alright at stepping in between and offering what she could to help -- but Myra, well, while the younger girl might not be of Danger's blood, she sure had taken to Danger's personality.

"Your pa is alright, and so is Alric." she began, her familiar drawl as thick as honey and just as sweet. Her expression, however, was bathed in concern.

"As for Ellie... well. I was hoping you might be able to enlighten me about that."

This was going to be a doozy.

"Now I reckon you left Koa with her and that note of yours saying you'll be gone for some time was due to your own reasons. I won't delve into that. However, Myra aint' taking it so well. " putting it lightly.

"I told her it would be okay, that you just needed some time and such. But you know here... ain't one to really take to counsel without wanting to take things into her own hands."

Normally, Danger would be in a more panicked state. But seeing as Myra couldn't really do much without her ma knowing...

"So, she took to being a little investigator. Managed to get into my files."

Not surprising.

"Now it seems, Koa isn't here, and her room is missing a few items. " now that wouldn't be an issue, save for what happened next.

"You know how her sister has been teaching her to fly..."

Here it came.

"Well, seems I'm now missing a small shuttle from the Farm. Ellie nowhere in sight."

The fact that the shuttle could be tracked was one boon, but that didn't stop the fact that the girl had straight up decided to go off on her own.

[SIZE=11pt]Makai listened to the tale that Miss Arceneau wove. He wasn’t quite sure where the redhead Trade Matron was going with the story at first. Clearly Danger would know he wasn’t in contact with Ellie at the moment - he had thought it better to break off communication for awhile. It seemed his friend had spent a good deal of time digging on her own to try to find him, despite assurances from Miss Arceneau that things would return to normal in time. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Ellie had been learning to fly? He hadn’t been aware but didn’t speak otherwise. It wasn’t important. More importantly Ellie was off on her own in a small shuttle. No doubt Miss Arceneau could track the shuttle with ease. The trouble was the bigger picture. Did Ellie go through the trouble of actually finding where he was or was the girl was just guessing? There were the issues with refueling, pirates, incorrect navigation, mechanical breakdown. Did she bring enough supplies? Know how to repair common problems? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Hands ran through his hair, looking at the holographic image of the redhead.[/SIZE]

tenor.gif

[SIZE=11pt]“I’m sorry Miss Arceneau. I didn’t expect her to just try to find me. I thought she’d be too mad for anything like this.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]In spite of being terrified for Ellie’s safety, he was also secretly proud of her. Setting off on her own, doing the investigation, learning to fly. She had come a long way from the little mute girl terrified of a beach fire. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]It was part of the reason he had become so attracted to his best friend over the last two years or so. Ellie was smart - smarter than he could ever possibly hope to be. She was one of the few to boss him around and deliver her opinions no matter how much they both disagreed. Tough enough to hold her own in any situation, even when she was uncomfortable. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]He had no doubt she would be navigating the black just fine. The concern was for others who had more nefarious intentions. Hopefully she had enough fuel for a non-stop trip out into Iron Empire space. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“If...or when….she shows up here I’ll be happy to let you know. I’ll keep an eye on my comm, messages are delayed but the do get through. Uh, maybe I’ll send her a message as well. I don’t want her getting hurt.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Comm came out of his pocket, opening a thread of messages he had sent to Ellie previously. Home address was sent to her, along with the location of the Naval base on Csilla.Makai was rarely far from either. [/SIZE]

[member="Myra Elspeth"]

"I'd be mighty grateful. We got a tracker on her, and I'm sending Siruk after her. Stubborn as she is, she likely won't take to having someone follow her, but she ain't been on her own before. And you know how she deals with crowds..."

There was a concern in Danger's eyes. Even letting Myra go was enough of a worry for her. Took all she could to make sure that Siruk won't just pluck her and bring her back.

Odds were that was just going to get worse if they did that. From her own experience with Nox...

Some things just had to be discovered on your own.

--------

Well, seeing as how messages weren't going to be sent in hyperspace, little miss Arceneau Kuhn was a little too busy trying to narrow down locations and, well, being nudged by Koa.

The thick purr resonated as the Loth-Cat's wedge-shaped head gave the young girl another heavy bump along her calf.

"Hold up Koa, I'm trying to get this." her current destination was actually a fuel stop along the Hydian way. By all accounts, the Farm was on a small planet within Etti V's system. Which meant, well, she'd have to traverse along the heavily contested Sith Empire territory.

There was a little tremor of fear there. Anxiety. This wasn't the most thought out plan.

"Junction might work...."

Well, here's hoping.

[SIZE=11pt]Makai saw the worry sitting in Miss Arceneau’s eyes. Worry he has placed there inadvertently. He felt a twinge of guilt at his part in the entire mess. In hindsight he should have spoke to [member="Myra Elspeth"] before taking off instead of avoiding the situation. Would it have stopped her from coming out on her own? Maybe not. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“Don’t worry, I’m sure she’s going to be just fine.Stubborn just like someone else I know. Uh, I’ll be sure to get in touch with you soon.Take care Miss Arceneau.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]There was a small smile before he ended the holocall. There was a bit of relief to be out of Miss Arceneau’s concerned gaze. He loved the woman like a mother, to see such a look coupled with the fact Ellie was in real danger put the pressure back on his shoulders to make sure his best friend was found safe and sound. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Comm came back out of his pocket.Ellie hadn’t responded to him. Either she was in hyperspace or incredibly pissed at him. Probably both. Trying to calculate a route from the Farm was a bit impossible - it all depended on what Ellie thought was best. Either way she was heading straight through Sith territory. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Ellie - stop being stubborn and contact me. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Hitting send, he left the small office the holocall was made in. Makai had a stop to make along the way. [/SIZE]

0sGVD8o.png

[SIZE=11pt]“Makky! Long time no see.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Gav turned around in the chair in the main control tower. It was nothing but a wall of windows and blinking screens and readouts. Csilla Naval Base handled a great deal of traffic daily - tracking both military and civilian traffic in the system. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Makai pointed to a screen before sitting down. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“ I see we have another blizzard on the horizon.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“Oh yeah, fun times man. We’re going to be pulling extra hours those days. Everyone wants to freakin’ land when the weather gets bad. Its like they wait or something.” Gav kicked back in the office chair. “Whatcha doin’ up here?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“I need a favor. I need a shuttle tracked when it enters the system. As in, when it pings control I need to be notified immediately. It should be fairly distinctive. Coming out of Silver Jedi territory, somewhere near Etti IV. Arceneau or Kuhn is what it should be registered to.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Gav nodded but didn’t say much. He wasn’t the type to ask many questions, didn’t care to ask many questions either. There was a burning one on his mind though.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“So whats in it for me?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Makai shrugged.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“What do you want?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“Huh...uh…” Gav scratched the back of his neck, thinking. “A six pack and for you to take my night guard duty for the next week. Don’t ask what I did to pull such a hardship but if you work it or me….”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“Done.” Makai dug around in his pocket and pulled out some credchips for the requested alcohol. “and done. Remember, when it hits the system.”[/SIZE]

Junction

The boop in her datapad went unnoticed. Not because Myra was ignoring Makai, but because she left it in her room and knew that her comm and datapad likely were going to be swarmed with messages from Momma and Pa. Maybe even Rose or Lily too telling her to go back home.

She didn’t need that.

So the bulk of her time was spent in the cockpit of the small shuttle. To be honest, this whole deal was rather nerve wracking. Rose had taught her how to plot courses in the Nav computer. There were already preplotted courses in the computer, but it didn’t stop her belly from feeling all sorts of knots the further away from the farm she went.

Koa bonked her on her knee again. His big head and ears giving a slight wiggle.

“Yeah yeah, I know.” her hand went out to cafune his head, letting her fingers run across his soft fur. It was a two fold effect, he made her relax and he would quiet down.

Still didn’t stop her from feeling completely nervous.

Buying fuel for herself had been… an adventure. Mainly because she’d honestly never done a fuel transaction before. What with traveling as a passenger and not necessarily the Captain of her own ship. Technically, this wasn’t even her own shuttle.

Odds were she was going to find herself in major trouble.

Thankfully, the shuttle was marked ATC. Which meant that all she had to do was dock on the ATC station and they would automatically service her. One of the many perks of being fasttraked due to her transponder signal identifying her as VIP.

“Okay… so from here we can go to….” her large grey eyes hovered over the small holographic galactic map. With a press of her finger, she charted her way coreward and then followed the Hydian Way.

“Brentaal IV.” That was another day of travel. Then from there to Csilla….

“Two more days.” Myra bit her lower lip in growing nervousness.

Now she was wondering if she packed enough food for Koa and her both...

future-brewer.png
Shiver ran through him despite the multiple layers. No wonder why the Chiss always looked angry - they were probably concerned about freezing to death. Shiny black boots crunched on the sidewalk as he walked between his apartment and the Naval Base. He stifled a yawn after only catching a few hours' worth of sleep. Night guard duty was only half the night but the other half was spent worrying about [member="Myra Elspeth"] .

Ellie still hadn't sent a message back. Either she had somehow calculated the right route - and had enough fuel - to make a nonstop trip out or....well, he tried not to let the darker thoughts creep into his head. By his calculations she would have had to stop by now for fuel. Which would have meant some type of communication. Anything. Knowing Ellie she always took the opportunity to call him an idiot.

Yet his comm had been quiet.

It was why he had skipped out on an extra hour of sleep and left early. Makai was checking the spaceport closest to the outskirts of the city. Logically, if Ellie even looked at the messages he had sent with location, it would be her best bet. Did she even know how to land? Especially in this type of weather, it was growing worse. The first waves of the winter storm were starting to hit, blanketing the frigid city in even more snow and ice.

Hands went deeper into his jacket pockets as the spaceport drew closer. If Ellie didn't show or contact him within the next few days Makai already had his mind made up to go and find his best friend himself. Worry was starting to stick with him with each passing hour, causing him to consider crazy notions such as asking his Dad to send out a few salvaging fleets to scour the region.

Makai had put a stop to that idea forming in his head for now, despite how tempting it was. A few days. He'd give her a few anxiety-riddled days to get in contact with anyone. Otherwise....

Entering Chiss Space
Near Ilum

"Well how was I supposed to know he was going to message me?!" the belligerent cry went echoing throughout the small shuttles cockpit. It been forty-eight hours since her last stop at Brentaal V and it was half way into her trip to Chiss space that Myra finally took a gander at her datapad.

Seeing [member="Makai Dashiell"]'s name as a notification of an unread message did all sorts of things to the young girl. It was always a clash of emotions when it came to Makai. There was the first rush of joy at seeing his message. Followed shortly by frustration that he NOW decided to send word. Then it was all wrapped up by growing alarm that the message had been sent two days ago and now he likely thought she was ignoring him again.

"Well damn it!" the curse falling from Myra's lips was comical. One couldn't simply picture the freckled faced young teenager dressed in comfortable, but pricey clothing to have the mouth of a warehouse worker.

That blame could be laid solely on [member="Danger Arceneau"]'s head. Myra was her mother's daughter, by nurture if not by nature.

Koa gave a purr, the Loth Cath following it up with a pert meow as if to say, well he did! Myra's response was just another furrowing of her dark brows.

"Well he took almost seven months where he aint given me much of anything to say where he was! He practically abandoned you!" the Loth cat sat on his haunches and gave another meow, as of it didn't care.

Or simply wanted another pet.

"Well why should I reply back!" here she was, arguing with herself. "Momma probably told him." Not like he cared about what I was doing anyways.

Oh it was always so much easier to lay the guilt and the blame solely on the younger Dashiell's mop of hair.

Myra gave a bite of her lower lip. Would have been a better response to surprise him so that he wouldn't be prepared for excuses or comebacks.

But he did send me a message...

Her heart gave a flutter. "UGH!" a flop and she sat down on the piloting chair. Gray eyes turned into steely storms, glaring out at the viewport. She'll be exiting hyperspace soon enough.

"Fine. I'll just tell him I'm by Ilum."

Well that was something right? Here came the guilt again. Her tiny heart thundered in her thin chest. Before she lost her nerve, the young girl sent the following message. It would be transmitted as soon as she was out of hyperspace over Ilum.

[ Oh now you want to talk to me! ]

okay so she couldn't quite hold back that bit of hurt.

[ Well, since Koa is upset that you left him, I guess I should let you know that I'll be dropping by Ilum soon.]

well not soon, as so much as now when he got the message.

[ I can do okay by myself! ]

oh the cry of the independent woman did ever beat strongly within Myra's heart.

Annoying buzzing drew him from sleep. Three quick successions, three messages.

[SIZE=11pt]Hand reached out from underneath two thick comforters, grumbling as slightly cooler air assaulted his arm, wormed its way under his blankets. It was three in the morning, who would even be bothered to message him? He hadn’t been asleep long, the powers that be thought it would be wise to keep them longer to prepare for the blizzard. Coupled with his last day of guard duty and it created a perfect storm for exhaustion. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Iced azure eyes squinted at the brightness of his comm. Three messages back-to-back from one [member="Myra Elspeth"] . All three were full of clear annoyance on her part. To be fair, Makai was positive he deserved whatever was coming to him. He’d be more than happy to withstand the wrath headed his way for the chance to be in the same room as Ellie once again. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]He went to type several messages but ended up deleting or quickly erased each one. It used to be easy to send a note to Ellie. Makai found himself severely editing anything he sent to Ellie ever since their kiss at the wedding. Mix in the sailing trip and the disastrous events that followed….It was hard at times to formulate responses that didn’t paint him like the idiot Ellie tended to think of him as. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt][ I always want to talk to you. ][/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Among other things. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt][ Never doubted you Els. Just be careful landing, snow storm. See you in the morning. ][/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Comm went back on his nightstand as he laid on his back, staring at the ceiling. Despite being just plain worn-down tired sleep was beginning to evade his thoughts. Ellie was coming. Coming to see him of all people. She had took off from the Farm on her own, drifted across the ‘verse and was now hours away. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Hand ran through his hair. Did it mean something? As in, did his best friend feel the same way? Did Ellie get the same pit of excitement in her stomach when they were together?The feeling of pure euphoria when their lips awkwardly met? How the ‘verse felt right when she was around?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]No, she probably still sees me as the same dumb kid that talked too much. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Makai laid that way for hours, wavering between self doubt and attempting to build confidence to finally tell Ellie everything. A small voice kept digging in the back of his mind that he had to protect her, she was too young.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]She wasn’t too young when things got heated on the boating trip. She wasn’t too young to fly half-way across the ‘verse to come see you. Stop making excuses. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt][ I always want to talk to you. ][/SIZE]

Myra read the message as soon as her ship came out of hyperspace onto Csilla. Ilum hadn't taken too long to refuel and once she got the actual coordinates on where Makai was at, made it a little faster.

[SIZE=11pt][ Never doubted you Els. Just be careful landing, snow storm. See you in the morning. ][/SIZE]

See you in the morning. I always want to talk to you. Yeah well then why don't you call me?!

[member="Makai Dashiell"] always had a way of making Myra's stomach flip flop and her emotions stir. Sometimes it was for the better. Other times, well, for the worse. That is, if yelling at the younger Dashiell how much of an idiot he was for being so oblivious was bad. Well, maybe it was considering he'd took it upon himself to go move across the blasted galaxy.

And not talk to her.

Well, not really. Makai had a way of twisting her up with the sparse messages he had sent her since he left. Why did he have to be so confusing?!

Not a few days ago she got this garble of a comm message that said the following:

[ Why do you hate me Ellloe ]
[ I love you why don’ you love me ]

At first, Myra wasn't sure if what she was reading was pure imagination or reality. Didn't help that the buzzing woke her up so she had to read it with one bleary eye while the other was fused shut.

The typos galore among the obvious mispelling of her name made her think that Makai was either delirious or being silly. The thought that he was inebriated never even crossed her mind. Why would Makai be drinking anyways! He's too young!

Oh, my sweet summer child would likely be a phrase Danger would have said about Myra then and there.

Course, if that first bit had already gotten in her in knots, the next certainly had her face flaming.

[...come he’re an have my scaley babies ]

Did he even realize what he was writing? And to whom?!! The time stamp was very distinctly different, so it wasn't as if he had said it earlier with what he first said --- if that even really meant anything. She already knew that he loved her as a friend. Thing was, he only seemed to look at her like that.

Wait, did he mean to send it to someone else?!!

The sudden realization that Makai could have been sending it to someone else entirely made her belly drop and anger flare. Just who was he sending these messages to?!

Just thinking about it made her so mad, her face scrunching up. Koa's meow drew her from her ever violent thoughts, his purr rumbling along her chest.

"Yeah, you'll see him soon." auto pilot wasn't too bad, and once she neared, the local Iron Empire orbital security commed her to identify herself. Anger was quickly replaced by nervousness. She'd never been to Csilla let alone gone off by herself before. Rose would be proud, but that didn't mean that Myra had gone into this thinking with her full faculties.

It was more of an emotional decision fueled by anger and frustration at one blue speckled teenager that had her heart.

"This is the Soliloquy, seeking permission to dock." her ATC transponder codes should grant her some leverage. Well, she hoped.

Last edited:
"Soliloquy, you're clear to land. Welcome to Csaplar."

Makai was working through his third cup of caf of the morning , desperate to stay awake and somewhat functioning. Having laid in bed and fruitlessly debating himself and getting no where it was best to turn his attention to more productive activities. Bathroom and kitchen had been thoroughly cleaned and smelling of a chemically fake lavender scent. Despite the caffeine and sugar rushed he yawned and looked out the window, watching thick flakes fall.

Comm jarred him from his daydreaming, staring down at the message. One from Gav -

[ That shuttle you mentioned landed, Arceneau, right? Requested to land - Csaplar South Starport, Docking Bay 70-C ]

A quick 'thanks' back with Makai wondering what to do. It was cold outside - snowing and expected to get worse. Ellie had the directions to his place but it was the first time she would be out on her own. If she took the underground tunnels through Csaplar they were going to be crowded due to the storm. Crowds and and Ellie never mixed well.

He quickly dressed and grabbed a second coat from the hook near the door, not knowing if she knew how cold the planet was. Didn't need his best friend freezing to death before even getting out of the docking bays.

5nX7B2Z.png
Csaplar South wasn't too far from the complex he stayed in. Air was frigid outside the tunnels, their entrances coated with snow and ice. Interiors were much better, lit and relatively 'warm' compared to the outside. Wasn't warm by his own personal standards but the difference could be felt. Pace picked up to a light jog, if he timed it right he would be there well before Ellie had finished shutting down her engines. Considering her sister had methodically taught her every procedure, there would be nothing for her to skip, her knowledge scant on short cuts.

Warmth was short lived. It didn't take long to get to his street exit, getting out thrust out into the snow. Despite the short distance to the interior of the building, ice collected in his unruly bedhead. It was a standard Stellar-class starport, the lobby complete with all the entrapments for a tourist or spacer. Glass looked out onto the docking areas, hallways broken up by docking bay number for convenience. It was always set up to prevent lingering around vessels - commonly found in lesser class spaceports. According to his military training, also a way for the Navy and Customs to keep an eye out for any trouble.

Makai reached the entry point for the bay [member="Myra Elspeth"] should have landed at. In a way he found like a lost little puppy following its owner around, waiting for her to return. Well...in a way he was. Secondly it was the most gentlemanly thing he could do. Ellie traveled through the 'verse to see him and the least he could do was meet her down at the docking bays.

Frozen hands dug out a comm and he sent Ellie another message

[ Inside the starport lobby waiting on you. I'm the handsome one with scales in case you forgot. ]

Despite his nerves he thought it would be best to joke. Hopefully. Maybe. Makai tried not to think too hard about Ellie potentially 'coming in hot' and being immediately angry at him. He expected her to be angry....hopefully there wouldn't be a 'Makai Dashiell you idiot' right off the bat.

[SIZE=11pt]Honestly, the hype up on the way to get here was really what had fueled Myra up to this point. Now that she was here, with Koa in her arms, she was precariously balancing on a vibroshiv’s edge on just what she was going to do. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Myra’s anger had the tendency to run hot, quick, and fast, prompting her to react in the heat of the moment only to wane and prompt her into an uneasy, and often, guilt ridden lapse reminiscent of her childhood where she wouldn’t speak. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]She stood by the airlock of her shuttles door, Koa purring at her steady petting right behind the Loth Cat’s ears. It was as much to soothe Koas as herself. She’s never been in Chiss space, let alone Csaplar. Now here she was, alone and about to embark out of the small santuary of her shuttle to find Makai and give him a piece of her mind.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Or at least, that had been what she intended in the first place. Time has a way of making one see in hindsight. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]A buzz by her pocket drew Myra from her thoughts. Shuffling the pudgy Loth Cat from one arm to the other, she played the balancing game and brought out her datapad. It was a message from Makai.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt][ Inside the starport lobby waiting on you. I'm the handsome one with scales in case you forgot. ][/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]How did he even know I was here yet?![/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]The dark slash of her brows drew together again, perturbed. It was shortly followed by a flush that warmed her face. Handsome one with scales. Was he teasing me again? Why was he saying that?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]He usually had something bad to say about his scales, which Myra thought was silly, she adored them. Even had the slight guilty desire to want to trace her fingers all over them, counting each and every one. Back when they were kids, she had somewhat completed that task. At least until she couldn’t count the rest anymore after her ma told her to stop trying to undress Makai. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Embarrassment rose in a hot wave over her cheeks again. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt][ How do you even know I am here yet? ] her fingers were a flurry over the screen. Course, by now her heart was slamming against her thin chest. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Makai was here. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]He was here. [/SIZE]

Extra jacket slung over his arm, Makai was waiting nervously. Hands shoved into his pockets as he tried to keep from fidgeting too much. Mind raced with the possibilities. Would [member="Myra Elspeth"] come off the shuttle, smack him and go home? Yell at him immediately? Be indifferent? He wasn't sure what was going to be worse - if he had to guess indifference. In all reality it was a small possibility, who came across the galaxy to be indifferent?

There was a vibration across his now sweaty hand. Why was she messaging him back? Why not just come see him?

[ How do you even know I am here yet? ]

Reply went back. Makai wasn't going to bother telling Ellie the favors he traded to track her through light control. She didn't need to know the insane amount of worry he had gone through in the last week or so. There was no need - especially since Ellie probably worried about him for the last seven months straight.

[ I know some people believe it or not. Stop stalling. ]

[SIZE=9pt]Stalling. STALLING?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]“Do you believe him, Koa?!” Myra said with a cry, indignation rising up again to warm her blood and give her that bit of courage to continue. Either [member="Makai Dashiell"] was doing it on purpose cause he knew how she’d react or he was just saying it to say it and being an idiot.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Either way, the young teenager gave a purse of her lips. “Fine.” she added to no one in particular, her voice echoing within the corridor of her ship. A hand took her datapad and tucked it in her pocket. Koa gave a meow, one that grew an octave when she bent down to pick him up in her arms. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]“Guess we are going.” she added, nuzzling the Loth Cat’s neck. With her free hand, Myra pressed the console, opening up the hatch. The immediate cold was a wall of discomfort. Nevermind that she wasn’t about to turn back now.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]There were the typical sounds of a space port, if a bit more muted. Not like many people came to visit here. Well, maybe they did but this particular hangerbay was rather empty save for a few maintenance personnel. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]A deep breath then a brave face and the young girl went walking down the ramp, the hatch shutting close behind her. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Time to see Makai and give him a piece of her mind. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Well, at least try to. [/SIZE]

Makai leaned against a pillar in the spaceport, waiting on [member="Myra Elspeth"] .Comm had slid back into his pocket by now and he fiddled with the button on the extra jacket. There was a bit of a confident high he had strode down on once getting the word Ellie had landed. In his head the words were already laid out, his actions confident. Last time he was that confident with his best friend was the wedding and making the first move in kissing her.

That was before his schoolboy crush turned into something more consuming.

Confidence was slowly waning, mind allowed to wander a bit too much. If was being brutally honest with himself some idiot moves had happened over the last eight months or so. Makai knew deep down this was probably the one and only chance to get back on the right path with Ellie.

Yet she had to be on the same page and when Ellie was mad there was often no logical reasoning. Add into the fact he turned into a bumbling idiot every time she was in ten feet of him. The gray-eyed girl could send him into a tailspin with just one look. A few words could send him on cloud nine for days.

Hand ran through his unruly hair, not having time to do anything with it before running down to the spaceport. Eyes drifted back to the hall, doubt gnawing at the back of his mind once more.

Crowded areas were never a good thing for Myra. Not since the terrible day that she lost her biological parents to the dead. Well, or something like that. It wasn't an image or a memory she wanted to see again. Think again.

The low murmurs grew in volume as the young teen crossed the threshold onto the docking bay proper. Koa gave another deep purr in his throat, making his fat body rumble in comfort against her chest. A small flare of panic came up. There were so many unfamiliar faces. Dark blue skin and bright red eyes. Danger and Alric took every advantage to bring their adopted daughter to new places to see, but even then it was done with some hesitancy. At times, Myra was known to panic. This time, she was by herself.

Well, Koa was with her too.

Cautious steps had her glance around, watching and waiting. Makai said he would be here... The anger she felt seem to fade with the growing sense of anxiety. It wasn't until she crossed another cooridor that lead to the larger atrim that she spotted a familiar figure. The mop of curls wasn't as long as it used to be, maybe because of what the Iron Empire had him do. But the hunched figure was the same. A little taller, but the same.

Makai.

Her throat worked, bobbing as her grey eyes went wide. There he was.

"Meowwww." Koa gave a mewl. That brought her out of the half trance. Well there he was. Now what. All of the situations and what if scenarios seemed to just fall blank. Ice blue eyes found hers, and her mouth twisted into an indecisive thin line. Part of her wanted to yell at him. Another simply wanted to cry.

Makai caught sight of [member="Myra Elspeth"] almost instantly, having kept watch on the corridor exit. They studied one another for a long moment and he could feel those stormy-gray eyes boring into him. Her eyes were wide and he couldn't decipher the expression on her face. Confusion? Uncertainty? Makai knew Ellie well enough to know she was a little on edge. Unfamiliarity mixed with a light crowd never mixed.

The teenage half-Galan pushed himself off the pillar, moving the short distance toward her. To say he was nervous was a complete understatement. Ellie hadn't yelled at him yet, which was good. Yelling in front of a bunch of Chiss watching on was never good. Didn't need an entanglements with spaceport security.

It didn't take long to reach the brown haired girl. There was a long pause, Makai was clearly uncertain as he caught her gaze once more. Words were struggling to come forward,to make a coherent sentence. Idiot Makai was making its way to the surface once again.

"Ellie...I..."

He wanted to say he was sorry but even that seemed cheap to his ears. Shaky hand reached out and tucked a small piece of hair behind her ear, gaze taking in the smattering of freckles dotting pale skin. Makai stared at her for a brief moment before throwing all caution to the wind. Lips came to meet hers, his free hand sliding towards her hip, pulling her body against his.

[SIZE=9pt]Well, here they were. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Well, as much as they seemed to be. Before Myra knew it, there Makai was, all the more larger than life and right in front of her. Everything was an internal struggle. From wanting to hug him to wanting to yell at him. Part of her wanted to cry another just wanted to be held. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Okay, well just say --[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]That was when Makai began to talk. To topple Myra’s plan over, he then brought out a nervous hand. Cold fingers gingerly swept back a lock of her hair behind her ear. Heartstrings were tugged.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]So. Not. Fair. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Something Myra would belt out to the wind with what he did next. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Much like back on the sail boat, the younger Dashiell simply reacted in instinct. Who could blame him? Emotionally tugged seven different ways and then having his best friend travel half way across the galaxy on her own to be right here in front of him. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Maybe it was Ellie who wasn’t playing fair. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Either way, not like either would be able to make heads or tails of the situation the moment one dark head came down so as to catch Myra’s lips for his own. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Out of all the different scenarios she’d imagined she’d come against, this hadn’t been one of them. Eyes wide, all she could catch was the closeness of Makai’s face, the tickle of his hair, and the fact that he was pressing his lips mighty tight against hers. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]If Makai wanted to stump her enough so she wouldn’t yell at him, he managed a way to shut her up speechless. Warmth went rushing up her neck and over her face. She nearly forgot to breath. Mind went blank and she could only stand still, trying to process it all. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Once again, not quite the romantic, perfect moment any girl dreams about. But life isn’t perfect. Myra had yet to learn this lesson well, sheltered as she had been. His lips were cold as were hers. His hands caught her in place and she had no where to place hers-- save on Koa. The Loth-cat was distinctly squished between them, belting out a loud meow in protest. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Not that Myra really paid attention. [/SIZE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom