Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Have Nothing To Do...

Darren Onyx

D
Tatooine

It was dark. Night and cool. Onyx sat there in the bar of Mos Eisley drinking. He was tired. He downed one shot. Then another. He was drinking enough to the point of being drunk but stopped.

There was something off about the night. Something felt out of place. He shook his head and downed his shot.

The Rowdy Tusken was not the ideal place to be, the usual sort that found themselves drinking here were anything but chivalrous, for that reason, Barrett had his trusted slugthrower holstered on his right hip and a blaster pistol on his left, ready to draw either at the first sign of trouble.

The smuggler sat unassumingly across the bar from Onyx, sipping a Corellian Whiskey, a little less watered down than most, a luxury he rarely came across. He had the same ill feeling that the Sith did, however, that seemed to just be the atmosphere of the bar.

Matreya

Zaiden sat in a back corner of the bar, hidden in shadows. He sipped on a rare and aged wine from a nice crystal glass, the bottle resting on the table. He rarely drank wines, usually preferring spirits. Wine was a drink he enjoyed on nights he was drowning in nervousness, worry etcetera. Something about the atmosphere was off, the very air seemed to taste rank.

Never moving his eyes Zaiden took another drink, savoring the sweet flavor. The man he watched so intensely took another drink as well. But the thing that caught his attention, was the lightsaber on his hip and the man's face. It was a face he remembered just couldn't place..

Darren Onyx

D
Onyx decided to finish for the day. With one last shot he dropped some credits on the bar counter and left. As he walked down the dusty and busy street back to his hotel room, he got an eerie feeling. He was being watched. He sighed. He decided that he would let them come to him. He didn't wanna bother with it.

Matreya

Zaiden waited a few minutes, then grabbing the bottle he followed the man. Cracking his neck he got ready, there was always the possibility for the unexpected.

Getting into character as he pushed through the doorway, he began to teeter and wobble as he walled. Keeping his eyes low, he could be mistaken as an everyday drinker. But he clearly was following the man.

Darren slowly eased the door open into Onyx's Hotel room. He had done this many times before. Picking locks that is. He used the force to trigger the mechanics inside the door to open. He remembered that he used it the first time while he was hunting for a Sith. Now he wanted to talk to Onyx, His old friend. He saw him enter the bar a while ago and decided that this was his chance to get into his friends room. He thought to himself. "well hes not really a friend More like a friend that I fight often with." The two Darrens had fought in the past together and against one another. If they were together it was hard to stop them.

Silently Darren closed the door and locked it back to how it was. That way it wouldn't seem suspicious. He wore his armor that would hide his force energys and to make sure he used the force to hide himself from others including Onyx. He eased his white lightsaber into his right hand and waited for his friend to return.

Darren Onyx

D
Onyx was tired. The day was long and restless. With his ship under some much needed repairs, he decided to stay in a hotel. He never liked staying in public places. No security. His ship would kill anyone before they could even get close to see it. Hotels on the other hand...

Onyx opened the door with his key and walked in. He turned around and locked the door. He sighed. He turned around to see Darren in his armor. "Hey man." Onyx said as he made his way into the washroom. He closed the door behind him. "I want to be be in armor if you are here to kill me. Keep it fair." He yelled through the door.

He reemerged a moment later in his full set of armor, minus his helmet and hood. "That is why you are here is it not?"

Barrett had seen the two people leave, strangely both of them had lightsabers attached to their hip. That usually spelled trouble, and trouble was usually exactly where you found Barrett Haskins. He drank up his Corellian Whiskey and bounced out the door a few paces behind Zaiden.

Stalking the night he dodged in and out of shadows, hopefully @[member="Zaiden"] wouldn't notice him stalking him stalking Darth Onyx.

Darren shook his head. "First you are drunk. so no I wont fight you. second Im not here to fight you. Im here to warn you." Darren may sound stupid right now. But in the past few months he has been trying to meditate like the old jedi before the Plague. Where they could sometimes tell the future through visions. What scared him was not what happened in the vision but what would happen in between.

He flashed back to when he was sitting in his sanctuary on a planet that housed old ruins that he lived. the cabbin that he lived in once belonged to a man who started a war long ago. he was meditating and saw a lightsaber followed by swords and guns raised in the air. the lightsaber was icy blue. it was then pointed down at Onyx and everyone moved forward to kill him. It ended there.

Darren continued talking "I think people may be coming after you. So i came to help." he didnt want to divulge into how he had learned of what happened since Onyx smelled of smoke and liquor.

Darren Onyx

D
Onyx honed in on his words. He was surprised. The two hadn't helped each other in some time. He shook his head as he made his way over to a desk that sat in the corner of the room.

"I already know. Master Tirdarius has a price on my head," Onyx explained. "I don't know why but he wants me dead." He got up and moved towards the door. "I am ready for them. All of them. Those who aren't one with the Force will fall. Those who are will only be a slightly harder challenge."

Darren didnt want to think of it to hard. but he knew who would be likely to kill Onyx. he didnt tell him however. And visions can always change so maybe the person wouldnt actually kill him. He didnt know what would happen.

Darren was not surprised to learn that he had a bounty on his head. But Darren didnt want or need the money. He wanted to help a friend. And it was true. thes who were not well versed in the force would be hard pressed to kill or even damage the man. Thats why Darren wanted to help him. Darren would close those gaps where Onyx may be weak. Though he wouldnt tell him that.

"Thats true my friend. Now for that bounty we need to fix that."

Darren Onyx

D
Onyx laughed. "You want to go and talk to one of the most powerful Sith Lords of this generation and try to talk him out of a bounty he has already placed." He laughed some more. "Go ahead. Otherwise I'll be here fighting. I know how to fight."

Onyx sighed. Darren and him had been brothers. Of course they hated each other. But it was a family hate. The hate that had respect behind it. Onyx closed his eyes and honed in with the force. He tried to see the future, a power he spent some time trying to perfect. All he could see was darkness. It was clouded. Onyx opened his eyes and turned his gaze back on Darren. "Listen, I want you to help me. But I need to know, why? After everything, all we've been through, why?"

Onyx needed to know the answer. The two had been through so much together, he deserved at least that much. The answer to one simple question.

Darren laughed at what Onyx thought he said "No I was meaning that we both go and kill him. get the bounty off your head." When Onyx asked him about why Darren wanted to help him he became silent. he thought about what he had seen and didnt know if it would be good to share it. he shook his head and started.

"I saw a vision where people were rallying against you lead by a man with a icy blue lightsaber. They pointed their weapons at you and thats when my vision ended. Even though I hate you at times I know you cant face all of them alone, so I came here." Darren didnt tell him who was leading the charge because both of them knew who it was. infact if Onyx found out the man would be dead as soon as Darren said who it was.

"I want to help you because of all that we have been through. I can trust you more that you may know. You helped me further in my quest for my mother than anyone else." Darren then took a second to chuckle "I have a sense that I should pay back the favor." Darren took of his helmet and set it on his knee. the clank sound came from the metal outside hit the armor on his thigh.

Darren Onyx

D
Onyx turned to him upon hearing icy blue lightsaber. He then looked at the floor. "Death comes natural my friend. And I do not fear it," He was sure Darren would pester him until he let him join. "But I will fight it," Onyx said as he extended his hand towards Darren, ready to go from handshake to hug.

Darren grabbed the hand that was extended to him and grabbed it or a handshake followed by a hug. Both of them knew that this would not end well or one or both of them, but it was worth it. when they seprated Darren knew that they would have to work together no matter what happened. he just wished that he didnt know who the man was.

Darren picked up his helmet and set it on the end table at the head of the bed. He said to Onyx "we will have to be careful. I dont know what may happen and right now you are drunk. So i suguest you rest up and Ill take first watch."

Darren Onyx

D
Onyx laughed. "Very well friend. I shall bunk in the room over where the other bed is." Onyx walked over to another door that led to another room. A little smaller but still cozy like the main room. He had his lightsaber in his hand as he laid in the bed, ready for anyone and anything that might attack.

Darren put his lightsaber away on his belt. he carried 3 with him. But he didnt want to use them right now. Instead he pulled out his sith sword and placed it on the table infront of him. He sat down and poured a drink of some kind. Using the force he felt for any impurities that may poison him. He didnt find any and took a long drink. the bitter taste ran down his body and left a buzz on the way down. he let go a sigh and began to meditate.

he focused on everything around him. he could feel the rat that was within the walls and the people down stairs drinking their guts out. he felt Onyx in the next room with slow breathing. Almost asleep. Darren knew that Onyx may have felt him. And the connection was needed. if something were to happen he could tell Onyx with out saying a word.

Darren meditated for what seemed seconds when he opened his eyes to see the lamp, sword, chair, table and anything else not bolted to the floor floating inches off the ground or where they were setting before Darren moved them. He smiled as he slowly let them down. the lamp about fell when he reached out and stopped it from falling. he didnt even look at it to see that it landed in his hand. Darren set it back on the end table.

Matreya

Zaiden slowly approached @[member="Dark Onyx"] door. Doing his best to keep all emotions blank, he hoped it would be enough to disguisehis approach until he was ready. The force might alert them though...

Drawing his Shadow Dagger, he took a soft deep breath, and slowly eased it from his lungs..he was just about to enter when he heard the soft tick of something being set on the floor. Thinking for a moment, he deduced Onyx must still be awake therefore not as drunk as Zaiden had assumed. Just to be careful, Zaiden willed his crimson saber hilt into his hand.

Hitting the door with his shoulder, he amplified the attack with a small force push as well. It burst open, splintering as it did so. He drew his arm back,ready to let lloose his dagger, when he spotted @[member="Darren Shaw"]. Seeing a man he was acquainted with made him freeze.

"This is strange indeed. Darren, where is Onyx." He said it simply as a statement.

Darren Onyx

D
Onyx heard someone talking to @[member="Darren Shaw"]. He decided to investigate.

Upon reemerging in the room he was surprised to see @[member="Zaiden"] there. "Zaiden, good to see you." Onyx reached behind his back to grab his red lightsaber, which was strapped to his belt.

"What are you doing here?" That question was rhetorical, he knew why he was here. One of the bounty hunters sent by Tirdarius to kill him. He didn't care. Darren and him would easily overcome the young Knight.

Matreya

Zaiden ignored @[member="Dark Onyx"], and stared at @[member="Darren Shaw"] longer, "You are a good man. I don't wish to fight you. You know what I am. He is a target. Plain and simple. I don't wish a job to start anything between us."

@[member="Barrett Haskins"] better hurry up! Zaiden thought to himself, the man thought a force sensitive couldn't sense his approach. And though he didn't likeit, he may need the mman's help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom