Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"I have a proposition..."

| [member="Grond"] |

It was night time on Bastion. Citizens led their life under the strict but fair regime of the Sith Empire. Flags flew over buildings with the emblem of the Empire emblazoned for all to see. Starfighters flew overhead on patrols and in the horizon a Star Destroyer loomed. It was peaceful, quiet and still. The people here were far removed from the conflicts and terrors of worlds that sat on the fringes of the Empire. There were reports and stories that still came in of course, but nobody could threaten the heart of the greatest power in the galaxy. Through victory my chains are broken, they used to say.

It was almost like the past hadn't happened. That the Emperor who sat in the seat of ultimate power over the galaxy hadn't already lost that seat in the past when the Jedi came to Ossus. It was almost like he hadn't bent the knee to another and led wars in that other's name during the One Sith crusades of the late 830s and early 840s. It wasn't like the Galactic Alliance had risen and undone all his accomplishments, forcing the Sith to start again. It was almost like none remembered.

But there was at least one who still did.

Darth Ayra lowered her gaze to the holographic projector in the center of her chambers on Humbarine. The standard checks to see if her communications or the device itself had been tampered in a way that others could monitor what she had been doing during each transmission. She always checked. It paid to be careful. Of course there were no such findings. But she always had to be sure. Dressed in a dark robe, with the cowl raised over her head to conceal her facial features Darth Ayra climbed up onto the projector and sent out a transmission to Grond, a Sith Lord on Bastion who she had a proposition for...

Warmaster Nyâsh

W
Darth Grond just entered his apartment complex which was halfway between the Academy as well as the imperial seat of power, the imperial palace in the governmental district. It was a large flat in the upper levels of a flat tower, rented to house the entire hosuehold of Grond, an armory, an operation centre, training rooms and several other rooms for different purposes.

The apartment was only partly filled, the inquisitor only maintained a small staff here if there is no larger operation nearby was ongoing. Before he could actually put his helmet elsewhere than into his armpit, one of his apprentices approached him. He told him about a very recent incoming transmission.

With a sealing sound Grond was putting on his helmet again, the internal function swiftly running and putting his world into an analysing and improved view. He walked into one of the rooms next to the command centre, a small room for private communications, or not very private if not wanted. Today it was not wanted and two people were watching and listening from outside, one of his agents and the apprentice.

Grond was answering the transmission by stepping in front of the holocommunicator. On the other side of the transmission the massive torso and head of Darth Grond would appear.

"Who are you?"

[member="Ella Nova"]

| [member="Grond"] |

"My name is Darth Ayra."

She didn't expect Grond to know who she was. She didn't know much about him either. In comparison to the other galactic powers she was very small fried. Nobody had known much about her in the One Sith, and lesser knew about her time in the Sith Empire. As she thought about it briefly she assumed that Carnifex must know about her existence, but she also assumed if that were true he probably had a low opinion of her. Not that she cared. It was far more useful to be underestimated.

Lifting her chin slightly Darth Ayra smiled and begun to speak. "I have a proposition for you Grond. The two of us can be helpful to each other if we can reach an agreement. But I wonder how much you know about the Empire you serve. I wonder how much you know about the man who calls himself Emperor. I can guess what you're thinking now. That what I am here to offer has something to do with Carnifex. You would be right."

"I only ask for you to listen to what I have to say. After that you can do what you want. Take the content of this meeting to the Emperor. Remain quiet and do nothing. Or play both of us like a cunning man would. You are long and far away from my reach so I could do nothing to stop any of those outcomes. What do you say?"

Warmaster Nyâsh

W
The armored figure was not giving away any reactions, neither physical nor emtional. Grond listened calmly to the woman, hearing every word and weighing their meaning as well as their purpose. The message is unexpected, but neither very surprising. A strange, unknown Darth wants to test loyalties. For whatever reason that may be. It doesn´t really matter to Grond.

"You want me to request an audience with the Emperor because you asked me about my knowledge about the Emperor and the Empire? Or is there anything else you want to say, because if so, say it now."

The inquisitor in him was already glad that his apprentice and agent were watching. They were doing their duty and marking anything they can about this conversation as well as tone, attire, voice, transmission quality, duration of answers in regard to time the transmission needs, how long she needs for her answers and so on.

[member="Ella Nova"]

| [member="Grond"] |

Darth Ayra betrayed a laughed whilst shaking her head. "No friend. It would be preferable if you did not tell Carnifex about our conversation. But I admit that I do expect you to tell him about what we are about to talk about should you decline my proposition. It only makes sense if you are going to remain loyal to him and his Empire after you hear what I have to say."

Folding her arms into her sleeves Darth Ayra begun to explain. "I expect that you know that there is another faction of Sith called the Jen'ari that have grown powerful enough to challenge the Sith Empire. We know that the Emperor has turned his gaze to the Chiss Ascendancy to crush what I assume he calls a 'rebellion' before it truly starts. I am here to tell you what we know about the Emperor that you serve as you can be important in removing him from power and I think that if the truth is known by individuals like yourself then you will come to say that Carnifex is no Darth and no true Emperor of the Sith. That you will recognise his inherent weakness as we have seen it."

"My tale starts twenty years ago in the Sith Worlds. It was there that the first Sith Empire of the Chaos era fell to the Galactic Republic. Led by Jedi Knights the Empire fell under the rule of Kaine Zambrano, as he was known as back then. Back then I was a mere Sith Warrior known in a formative life. Zambrano, or Carnifex if you prefer, became the Sith Emperor after facilitating the murder of a much stronger Sith called Darth Voracitos. He couldn't challenge Voracitos by himself, so naturally as the weak do they conspired together and murdered him."

"At this time the Empire was at war with the Republic. Under the ruling of Darth Voracitos the Mandalorian Clans had been conquered and absorbed into the Empire. We were winning the war. Everything changed after Voracitos died. When he was killed one of Zambrano's conspirators called Terion Ardik became the Emperor. When it became clear to others how Ardik came into power he was challenged by a Sith called Mikhail Shorn. Shorn defeated Ardik in Lightsaber combat, and that was how Zambrano took power."

"That is how your Emperor takes power. He isn't strong like us. He is smart, and cunning I admit but his methods are derived from weakness. When the Republic invaded Ossus during the waning days of Zambrano's first stint as Emperor it was through his actions that the Empire folded under their assault. But what he did after his Empire fell is far more disgusting."

"When the Empire fell the Sith were called to Prakith where a new Order was established. If Zambrano was the true Emperor of the time then he would have gathered all the Sith who survived the Jedi's purge and taken over the One Sith as leader. Instead he bent the knee. It is only through the actions of the One Sith that the Empire you currently served was created. When the Galactic Alliance took Coruscant from them they retreated to Bastion to begin again. Through cunning and deceit Zambrano- now under the name of Darth Carnifex- retook the position of Emperor with the help of allies. He didn't seize power, he was gifted it. It is through strength that we gain power, and not through a man who is no better than a lowly Muun making deals here and there to maintain his position."

"It is only because of men like you, who I suspect do not know any truth about your leader that allows him to keep power. When challenged by another who would provide a true contest for the position of Emperor he shies and cowers away to hide behind the likes of you. Carnifex has known of the existence of Darth Vyrassu, the Emperor of the Jen'ari for quite sometime. He knows that Vyrassu would meet him in open combat to prove who was superior, as it should be. But instead of meeting Vyrassu and his subjects to contest his claims Carnifex would rather let another civil war between Sith erupt so that he can keep his place, knowing that if he met his challengers in Lightsaber combat he would lose his life."

Pausing Darth Ayra turned to transmit a file that she had prepared in advance. It contained schematics for new shield technology. Very old news reports from the 830s detailing to the fall of the Sith Empire. The rise of the One Sith. Evidence to back her claims.

"As we speak another coalition is building near the Core. The New Republic prepares to strike the Sith Empire whilst it is distracted. Silver Jedi and Mandalorians band together with the Republic as allies. Each preparing to attack when it is most opportune. As it stands the Sith Empire is too powerful for them to attack, but I know that they are waiting for the inevitable. They are waiting for the Sith to begin the civil unrest that has crippled our Order since it's foundation. That civil unrest begins with the Jen'ari challenging an Emperor who dare not defend himself with anything else but those who serve him. He is weak."

"New technology like the shield I have just shown you are being put into use as our real enemies prepare for another Star War. A war which will be lost if the Empire is drawn into a civil war with the Jen'ari. The cancer does not rest in those who would rightfully challenge an unfit and weak Sith Lord but in the individual who is responsible for this happening. Join forces with me. Let us put an end to this civil war before it begins."

Warmaster Nyâsh

W
Again listening patiently to this lecture of history or conspiracy, Grond wasn´t sure yet, he was motionless. The inquisitor was ... curious. This proposal was high treason, it was the reason why he was doing his duty, it was what he was trying to rooting out his entire life already.

"Listing the sources for some of your information would be highly intriguing, yet I will postpone that for now."

He makes a small pause before continuing with his deep, gravelly voice, distorted by transmission and helmet it sounded like an electric earthquake. "Long story short, your proposal would be to overthrow the Sith Emperor because he is at war with another Dark Side faction? While a coalition of enemies is rallied and ready to strike as soon as they spot a weakness. If I understood that correctly, then your idea indicates to cause exactly the weakness which would, in your vision, be the source of our downfall."

[member="Ella Nova"]​

| [member="Grond"] |

Darth Ayra was quietly impressed. This man wouldn't be easily dissuaded by subtle manipulations. She would have to remain honest. If he detected one lie or something dishonest from her then this meeting would have been worthless. She didn't need to lie anyway. The truth was all that she needed to convince this man, which was ironic considering their beliefs.

"It is true that by creating the Jen'ari and gathering a following to challenge Carnifex that Vyrassu threatens the instability of the Sith Empire. It is only because of his challenges against Carnifex and his rule that civil war looms which grants our enemies in the Republic, the Jedi and the Mandalorian's the opportunity they need to attack the Empire."

"But taking into consideration everything that I've just told you don't you agree that Carnifex is a weakling? Whilst the disorder and chaos of our Order has weakened us in the past, blighting the history of the Sith, it has also eradicated certain weaknesses from itself. Carnifex is a weakness to our Order and he should be challenged. Any Sith who shies away from conflict is a weakling. Vyrassu is further proof of this. He has challenged Carnifex's status for years but instead of dealing with him when he was weak Carnifex let Vyrassu rise to the position he is in now where he threatens the entire Sith Empire."

"My proposal is to not let either Vyrassu or Carnifex drag the Sith Empire into a civil war but end it before it begins. When he moves the Empire to strike at the Jen'ari the two of us will intervene during the battle. Use our influence to consolidate both sides into a stalemate. This can be accomplished by us working together. When the battle enters the stalemate we facilitate the confrontation Vyrassu seeks with Carnifex. Instead of losing dozens of war ships, personnel and Sith we get to the heart of the matter by letting the two figureheads decide who should be the true Emperor through Lightsaber combat."

"By accomplishing this we end the civil war before it starts. We protect our Empire from destroying itself. Whoever emerges the victor would be the undisputed Emperor of the Sith. From there we can work on ending anymore dissonance between the Jen'ari and the Empire so that the two join forces against the Republic and her allies."

Warmaster Nyâsh

W
The black lences, flickering in the blue of the holo-transmission, stare directly at the conversation partner. Grond was considering the motives of this individual. He hasn´t heard of her, it is not uncommon not to know a Sith lord, there are far too many, but somehow it was alarming his instincts in this case. His agents were already gathering information, but he had no access to them yet.

"Not to mention the difficulty to lure two powerful leaders to the same location without having any power or great influence on them and ignoring the fact that there is literally no assurance that they actually engage when they meet, this plan is nothing but a castle in the air. I am not a strategist, but the idea of having two of the three dark side realm leaders on one and the same battlefield generates an unrivaled chance for those you mentioned earlier to strike and eliminate the head of two enemies."

Pausing a second to let the previous statement get through. "I have no idea who do you swear loyalty to, who you serve and what you seek. The two most apparent options here are that you want to grab the power for yourself or that you want to help annihilating the Sith as they are."

After another pause he continues. "You know quite much about the workings of our enemies, you claim to know much about our realm, our Emperor and what we are and what we are not. I do not serve Darth Carnifex, nor will I serve Darth Vyrassu. I serve the order of the Empire, I serve Sith dominance but what I serve first and foremost, is the code of the Sith. You are untired in highlihting the weakness of Darth Carnifex, furthermore you pronounce that it shall be a lightsaber duel which he should engage in with Darth Vyrassu. It appears to me that your focus on the words strength and power is very limited. Strength is not only valued in physical and technical perfection of combat, but to know when and how to fight. Victory is the goal, not the means how to achieve it. I prefer to serve a smart and cunning Emperor rather than a strong one who is an exceptional duelist."

With a gesture of perfect synchronisation, Grond rises both his hands at the edges of his helmet and removes it. A pale face with glowing red eyes was revealed, he was completely shaven, no head or facial hair, not even eyebrows and had a jaw like an anvil.

"Darth Ayra, I do not know who you are or where you are. But some good explanations should follow in your next message or we will soon speak from face to face and I can assure you, it won´t be voluntary for you."

[member="Ella Nova"]

| [member="Grond"] |

When Grond finished speaking Darth Ayra considered her next words carefully. They were tittering on the edge of this man ending the transmission.

"If you want this to become a direct confrontation between us, where we can converse openly in person, then that makes sense to me. I do not want Carnifex to be Emperor no longer. I find him weak and inferior to me as an individual. If I were to meet Carnifex in combat I know I would win. The difference between us is that he does not work as an individual. He has an Empire that divides the two of us from meeting in each a confrontation."

"Vyrassu has also built an Empire. It is smaller and weaker than the Sith Empire but does have what he needs to challenge those who serve Carnifex so that he can get to him for the confrontation that he also seeks. My part in all of this is to facilitate that confrontation between both of these men because of the forces that they command. That is why I have contacted you because you have the direct means to facilitate that confrontation."

"What you say is true. A true Sith Lord should be cunning and intelligent. Having met Vyrassu I am confident that he is less cunning or smart than his rival in Carnifex. But knowing what I know about Carnifex I know him to be a weakling and lacks any strength that he compensates with his cunning. A true Sith Lord is both strong enough to protect himself as he is cunning. Those who lack the necessary strength in these areas are weak."

"If we speak preference for who should rule the Sith Empire then I say that any Emperor or Empress shouldn't be weak in all the aspects to which strength is measured. Actions speak louder than words. I have told you the history. I have explained what is happening. And the two men that we speak of are converging their forces on each other soon. The Jen'ari know that the Empire mobilises near the newly conquered Chiss Ascendancy. They mobilise and prepare for the Sith Empire's attack."

"I seek to avoid this conflict because it has been manufactured through the weakness of two men who are ill equipped to be Emperor. Through this transmission I have reached you and attempted to sway you into aligning with me but I recognise that you are not a fool. I have been guarded over this transmission in what I have revealed. If you wish to find out more about the plot against the Emperor then my ship will be at these co-ordinates."

Darth Ayra transmitted the co-ordinates to a sector of space found in the vast Void between star systems. The Maelstrom was a region of space that would allow her to survive any attempt of her life if Grond came with others to meet her. It was located near the borders of the Sith Empire so it shouldn't be difficult for Grond to find. He had challenged her with a direct meeting by saying that he would seek her out. She didn't shy away from challenges unlike others. If Grond wanted to meet the Sith Lord who had fed him tales and possible falsehoods then he had the opportunity to do so.

Stepping off the holographic projector Darth Ayra left it to the decision of Grond to come. She departed Humbarine and set course for the Maelstrom on board her cruiser: the Ayrix. That would be where they would meet in person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom