Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Have A Fan Club? Sweet.

Nyx

Insert Hilarious Title Here
Voss was certainly. . . beautiful. As she stepped onto it's surface, Dai couldn't help but be bewildered that such a place could even exist. She had spent her entire life on Tatooine, traveling from one palace to the next as her collar changed hands, and even her role. She had been a mechanic, a dancer, a dockworker, a waitress, and even a janitor. It was kind of blowing her mind that she was now going to be a Jedi of all things.
She remembered hearing stories about the Jedi as a child. Gathered around the oldest of the slaves, her bright eyes sparkling as they regaled her with epic tales of Jedi bravery and impossible feats, of Jedi fighting tyranny where ever it could be found. It had given her hope, hope that maybe she could one day be free.

And now, here she was. The purple Twi'lek rubbed at the extensive scarring on her neck where her collar used to be, her wide eyes still caught up in looking around. She couldn't see any sand, and that was something quite new to her. In fact, it was freaking Dai out a bit, to be honest. She had never been anywhere where she couldn't see any sand, at most she had to travel to the outside to see it. But here, there was nothing but wilderness and green. It was somewhat overwhelming.

But she managed to bring herself together, taking a deep breath, You can do this, Dee. You can do this.
Apparently, her new Master [member="Valiens Nantaris"] was supposed to meet her here. Even the mental utterance of the word 'master' made Dai cringe a bit, but she understood that was how Jedi did things, and didn't blame them, really. If it was tradition, then it was tradition, she supposed.

[member="Dai Chen"]
Voss. Nantaris hated the planet. Or rather, it hated him. Whenever he was there was autumnal landscape sent him into fits of sneezing and hayfever which no amount of Force techniques, drugs or herbal remedies had managed to fix.

Still, he was here for a good reason; to find his new Padawan. This girl had been recently freed from Tatooine, and having been assessed to have Force sensitivity had been asked to become a Jedi.

However, Nantaris would not be training her on Voss, he wanted to be off planet as quickly as possible, but bureaucracy had demanded he come to Voss, and so here he was.

And there she was, a lovely purple Twi’lek. His liking for Twi’leks was somewhat legendary, but in person he always made sure to be polite and respectful. If they invited him to massage their lekku eventually…well…how could he refuse?

“Dai Chen? I am Valiens Nantaris, Jedi Master and commander of the Freespace Rangers. I’ve asked to be your Jedi teacher. I’m hoping we will work together well, dear.” His noble words were interrupted by a sneeze.
“Urgh, apologies, dear. Bloody Voss. Where was I? Oh yes, I’m planning to head up to my ship within the hour; we’ll undertake your training there and on planets where we have bases. Any questions? Before you answer, I have two to ask you; what do you want me to call you, and do you mind calling me Nantaris rather than ‘Master’? Not just because I know you don’t want to call anyone that again…but because it makes me sound like a pretentious windbag.”

Nyx

Dai blinked as [member="Valiens Nantaris"] introduced himself. He was definitely more well spoken than most of the people she had run into during her twenty three years of life. Her own speech was rather rustic in comparison, lacking the eloquence of the Jedi in front of her. This Silver Sanctum must have some good teaching, she supposed, racking it up another point in her uneducated mind.
But she smiled as he asked his first two questions, his status elevating from 'galactic hero' to 'not-stuck-up galactic hero' in her eyes. Gods, she was really talking to a Jedi, wasn't she? A Jedi that was about to teach her how to become a Jedi. She was really about to become-
Dai mentally slapped herself. Keep it together!

"Um, y-you can call me Dee, if you want. Most people do, short, easy to remember; well, easier than Dai, which is already kinda easy."
Chit, chit, chit! She was rambling! Quick, move on!
"I, uh, don't really have a problem with Nantaris, no. It's a rather nice name, even if it does remind me of a nanny, a bit."
Coughing into her hand after the rather awkward joke, Dai blushed and rubbed the back of her head, between her violet lekku.
"So, uh, where do we go from here? Kinda new to the whole 'space wizard' thing."

[member="Dai Chen"]
“Dee it is!” Nantaris agreed happily. “So much easier than Dai, I agree,” he commented cheekily.

“Let’s try and avoid ‘Nanny’, shall we? I’m also fine with ‘Boss’ or ‘Chief’. Things which fractionally massage my ego are always welcome.”

When the girl rubbed her head, Nantaris’ gaze fell briefly on her lekku. He had a reputation for having a thing for Twi’lek’s. However, when he was training them, he always tried to remain professional. Still, she was a lovely shade of purple.

Mentally shaking himself, he focussed on her next question.
“Well, what we do is we get off Voss, and head to my ship where I don’t keep sneezing every two minutes. You can meet my crew and get you settled in. Then we can actually start with the training. It’s not going to be quick, Dee, and it won’t be easy. But I think at the end you will be in a much better place. Plus…lightsabres!”

It wasn’t the traditional Jedi sell speech, but then Nantaris was not a traditional Jedi.

Nyx

She could feel his gaze on her. She didn't mind, really; she had been a slave her entire life. She was used to getting looks of that nature, and didn't pay much attention to it. Not to mention, some of the Jedi on the shuttle to Voss had regaled her with [member="Valiens Nantaris"]' reputation with Twi'leks.

"Well, Chief, I'm rather used to difficult work, so that ain't really much of a change. In exchange for becomin' one of them Jedi, and gettin' a lightsaber, I'll do just about anythin' you need."
The violet Twi'lek smoothed her clothing, cursing her rather rustic speech. Gods, why couldn't she be more well-spoken?! He probably thought she was just another desert hick coming to play dress up with the refined and fancy Jedi. She mentally sighed. There wasn't really much she could do about that, was there? It was what is was, she supposed.

"I look forward to learnin' from ya, Nantaris. You seem like a real nice guy."
Dammit, that was so stupid. Sometimes she really wished she could just pluck her words from the air after saying them, she really did.

[member="Dai Chen"]
“I do try my best, Dee,” Nantaris said modestly. He could sense an unease and worry coming from her, but could not exactly identify the source.

“You seem tense…and I mean more than just the usual of starting a new life. Is there anything you want to ask, anything you’re uncertain about? I want this to be wholly voluntary, it’s a big choice and I don’t want you jumping in without knowing all the facts.”

To somewhat dampen the moment, as it were, he turned away and sneezed violently into a handkerchief.
“Sodding Voss,” he muttered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom