Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I can't believe it's not IG-88

Well... this was creepy.

Amora Illusia, the missing clone of Circe Savan recently rediscovered by Mnenchei queen Alachei Mnemenos, had been given a new task at hand. Evidently, she wanted some replica droids of the Mnenchei themselves... and she as envoy was sent to a particularly creepy facility in the heart of Corellia. The vibes, for better lack of term, were eerie. Unnatural. And they creeped Amora the hell out as she stepped towards the receptionist. The woman there had an exceptionally cold look to her face. Emotionless. Mechanical. Soulless. Amora's mental state being what it was, she slowly and rather awkwardly stepped up to the desk, looking down on the seated receptionist.

"Um... hi... Amora Illusia from the Mnenchei Dominion. I was sent by the Queen to discuss making an order?"

Gods, this place disturbed her.

@[member="Moira Skaldi"] @[member="Maelion Liates"]

The receptionist looked up, straight at @[member="Amora Illusia"]. Everything about the receptionist was…perfect. Not one hair was out of place, not one crease of her business suit was immaculate.

“Yes, Ms Comnena has been expecting you, please go through to meeting room two.”

Waiting there was Alexia Comnena, Maelion’s cover identity. “Good morning, Ms Illusia. Ms Alderana sends her apologies but she can’t be here, though she may be back in time if this meeting takes a while.”

Maelion was extremely skilled at acting human, and it would take a Force Master to notice anything was amiss with the savvy businesswoman.
@[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

And another one. The woman who greeted her seemed a lot more friendly and cordial than the receptionist, but something was still off about her. She just seemed... Too perfect. And her vibes were wonky. Very, very wonky. Still, regardless as to how creeped out Amora was by this whole situation, she had business that needed to be discussed, and discuss she would.

"I... understand." Elevated heart rate and a slightly abnormal brain pattern would likely expose her uneasiness at this entire situation. "Well, I suppose we should get down to business. I'm guessing there's a room available to... discuss proceedings in?"

She clearly wasn't used to this particular role in life, as the shrouded Terminatrix would recognize. This entire setup creeped her out, as did Subach's gift.

@[member="Maelion Liates"]

@[member="Amora Illusia"]

The green organic before her was nervous. Maelion understood this and noted it as a potential lever to exploit. There could be no respite for organics which got in the way of what they wanted.

Still, her human face smiled and gestured to a well-furnished meeting room. “Please, come in, sit down. Would you like a drink?” Anna said, pouring a glass of water and offering it. She sipped from her own to show it was safe.
Besides, this one would not be processed, she had nothing to fear. Not yet.

“I was very pleased to receive your boss’ message. Just what would you like to discuss?”

"I'd appreciate it, yes..." Sitting down in the meeting room, she gave a half-hearted smile. "My boss, as you call her, was looking for your company to make a small order of Mnenchei Replica Droids. You know, Human Replica Droids, but they look like Mnenchei. One of the droids in the order should be an exact duplicate of Alachei Mnemenos herself. I have the numbers here..."

Carefully, Amora produced a datapad, handing it to Maelion as she gave a soft smile. "Here are the more in-depth details of what we need."

She hoped everything was right. Preferably, her identity as a clone of Circe Savan would be better if it was covered.

@[member="Amora Illusia"]

Maelion took and examined the list. Twenty units, one of which was an exact replica of their leader.

She smiled and laid the datapad down. “That should not be a problem. We will require exact, detailed measurements of Ms Mnemenos, and also some Mnenchei to act as templates. We can take them and randomise the features slightly so they are not exact clones. The process does not take long, and is not harmful,” Maelion said.
And indeed it was true, an organic could be scanned without any danger. However, usually they were then disposed of, but that was not necessary here.

“Since you are ordering a large amount, production will take at least a month from when we have the templates. We are a small facility still. The cost, as was relayed to Ms Mnemenos, will be five million credits per unit. That is a significant discount on the usual cost.”

“Is there any specific programming or skills these units will require?”

"I have with me some deceased Mnenchei bodies, in good health, of course. They should serve as basic templates for how such a replica would work. As well, I'll be sure to get you some measurements for Miss Mnemenos. As for programming, the High Queen wishes to have a code word to make such replicas behave as droids, along with an indistinguishable voice variant for the mimic of her, so said droid's voice can't set off the code word. Said Alachei droid evidently should have..." She wrinkled her nose a bit at these responses. "Duranium claws, covered in electrum, with kalestat crystals inside them?" She looked over at Maelion, somewhat confused.

"I'm sorry, just surprised that's on there."

@[member="Amora Illusia"] @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

Maelion smiled and chuckled outwardly. Her inner mind was giving an -_- face. Such organic frippery and ostentation was ineffective and pointless. Yet, she would do it.

"I think your boss likes a joke. Not sure about the crystals, but we can electrum plate the claws if she wishes. Bring us the subjects and I'll make sure they're all in working order. Other than that, we will start immediately. The sooner you provide the measurements the better. It's very important that we get those within the next five days. I will give you the exact measurements we need from her."
Anna Comnena smiled and held out her hand. "If there is nothing else, I think this deal is sealed!"

Taking the woman's hand, she cordially shook it. "I suppose so." Cautiously, yet normally, the Circe clone left the facility. The information would be sent to @Maelion Lates soon enough.

Boy was she glad that was over...

@[member="Tegaea Alcori"]

Apparently business had already been concluded by the time 'Nalia Alderana' reached the meeting room. Matters at the Factory and certain 'negotiations' had held her up. But Maelion was there to handle things efficiently, as Moira knew she would. She was a machine as well after all.

She absorbed the information about the deal that was transmitted to her, though she felt the strange organic urge to shake her head at the ostentatiousness. But if the organics wanted it, they would get it. Archangel provided HRDs to the customers' exact specifications and needs. "Not all organics are worthy of processing. Some must be terminated outright. But they provide us with the tools for their extermination," she transmitted electronically. Their usual mode of conversing where no one could listen in.

"You are correct," Maelion replied, watching Amora leave. "We will begin the order. I will process the corpses the green one delivers. You will prepare the fabrication equipment. We shall also require...electrum."
There was a distinct, very un-mechanical disdain on the last word. Still, it would be done.

@[member="Tegaea Alcori"]

"Organics like to be extravagant and wasteful. Electrum is mined on Abregado-rae and Duros. We can work through Saelari Mining. The credits acquired from this deal should enable us to create a mobile processing station." The disdainful emphasis Maelion placed on 'electrum' was mimicked by Moira. Unmechanical-like, but the frivolity just invited contempt from the machine. Nonetheless, it would be accomplished. Archangel provided quality services to the customer's exact specifications. All to further the cause of the Age of Steel. Saelari Mining was their tool now and was in need of expansion.

One day there would be order again. The new age of straight, lines, precision and logic. The machine did not need thrones, palaces and luxuries for their glory. They did not need to pretend they were superior for the sake of their ego, they were superior. On that day all imperfections would be erased from the Galaxy.

And so the order went ahead. Using the templates provided by Amora, Archangel was able to fabricate the droid bodies and create the droid personalities within the allocated time. Each of these units would know they were droids, but act as good infiltrators and agents. The command words were also implanted as directed.
The only changes to the plan was a tiny concealed receiver inside the droid brain which, unknown to anyone except Maelion and Moira, could transmit special orders directly to override all other programming. However, since it was not visible and the subjects themselves didn’t know about it, there was no chance it would be discovered until Archangel unveiled its plan….

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom