Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech I Can't Believe It's Not A Hydrospanner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Star_Wars_Tools_003.jpg

Image Source: Second Life Marketplace, Star Wars - here
Intent: Create an all in one tool befitting a salvager and a ship mechanic such as Kad.
Development Thread: If needed.

Manufacturer: Kad Forgrin
Model: T.N.H - Totally Not a Hydrospanner
Affiliation: Kad Forgrin

Modularity: No.
Production: Semi-Unique; "There's a few lying around here somewhere, I swear I took 'em with me"
Material: Durasteel

Strengths:
  • All-in-One: Combining a couple of different very useful tools in one tool is very hassle-free. You can finally pack more stuff in your luggage without paying overpriced overweight charges.
Weaknesses:
  • Hardly a weapon: It has a meager range of fifty centimeters and can hardly be even labelled as a weapon.

Description: Kad's multipurpose hydrospanner is more than just a spanner. As a spanner, it possesses an internal power source that can last for hours of continued work. Similar to the FastTurn-3 Hydrospanner, it has a tension adjuster and a hinge on the socket driver to allow access nuts and bolts in tightly confined spaces which you cannot imagine how many there is on every ship. At the end of the handle, a small bluetooth hub allows it to be connected wireless to a diagnostic device or a datapad. The range of nuts it could fit was greater than the base model of the FastTurn-3.

At the top of the spanner there is a small head (see Image), this is the fusion cutter based on the F-187 fusion cutter. It is retracted manually back quite easily for when the hydrospanner itself is needed. Otherwise, it remains as it is shown. Utilizing the same internal power source it generates a highly energized plasma beam that could slice through dense materials such reinforced durasteel and even duranium. Of course, this is nowhere near a lightsaber capability the denser/more resilient is the more work on it is needed. Again, this is a cutting torch, not a lightsaber. The beam itself could be thin as a needle for more precise work or could be much wilder for a rougher works.

The final part of this tool is the plasma disruptor. This is more of a useful tool that commandos, which Kad is, can utilize. Able to breach locked doors, ranging from simple doors to airlocks to blast doors. Just like all plasma disruptors it is highly effective against machinery such as droids and cyborgs. Also, they can be effective against organics due to the electric shock although at a lesser level.

Primary Source:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/%22Phoenix_II%22_plasma_disruptor
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/FastTurn-3_Hydrospanner
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/F-187_fusioncutter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom