Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I came to kick in teeth.

Illyns Phaygus stood over the engineers as they toiled below, unimpressed. "We have a deadline," he frowned. "The Galactic Alliance contacted us for a weapon, and we need to deliver." The thought of a large scale organization like the Alliance who aligned with the Jedi enthralled the fattened man. He stroked the thin edges of his silvery beard and glanced toward the lead technician, who held out a datapad.

"I see," Phaygus muttered to himself as he scrolled idly through the information that raced across the screen. "Receive Lieutenant Commander Solari immediately," the Technarch snapped, "I was not expecting a military envoy so soon, let alone someone with real rank. Prepare the h'ourderves and bring the wine," he instructed. "But most of all, make certain we have a prototype with which to appease his interests. Have a field test readied and order a handful of technicians to take notes on any and all requests or suggestions he has. We want to make a good impression. It has been some time since we were able to fill an order like this."

"It's a stealth carbine," the technician observed, "there may be some issues to work past in the prototype unit. We haven't tested it for recoil reduction or even tried a specialized gas-"

Phaygus rounded on the taller man and his eyes narrowed. "Use Tibanna," he growled. "It's ready-on-hand from all the blaster tech we mass produce with the SD series droids, so there should be no shortage of it for a dry run."

"Tibanna is notoriously good for blasters, but we don't know how it will react in a slugthrower type weapon-"

Phaygus grappled the man by his tie and pulled him to eye level. "At the very worst, we'll be back to square one. I do not want to greet our guest with empty hands, and you do not want to go home jobless. Am I clear?"

"Pristine, Technarch!" the technician blustered. "I will go collect the Tibanna canister. Give me ten minutes."

"You have five."

[member="Naiad Solari"]

To fight a war in the shadows, one must be prepared for all eventualities that may arise during combat. Thus, in the effort to adequately equip themselves for their future endeavors, the Strategic Intelligence Service had begun reaching out to various manufacturers to garner their more covert line of products. As such, when the word had gotten out that Balmorran Arms was playing with the idea of a Covert Operations Blaster Carbine, the Director had saw fit to send his Best Agents into the facility to learn more about this prototype they had started to develop.

Utilizing his former Thyrisian Dossier and slicing it into the Galactic Alliance Database, those upon the world of Balmorra would believe him to be a commissioned officer of the Alliance Navy and their supposed "In" with the Service. It was expected that they would perform several through background checks in order to guarantee the authenticity of the report, and should such an event come to pass - they would find nothing amiss. On the surface, the hack was flawless, and the information blended seamlessly.

While the SIS Agent had taken pride in supplanting his Commanding Officer's personal information into the databanks, it wasn't meant to be a long lasting ploy. There were over a dozen encoded packets that would dissolve over time, reverting the slice and leaving little to no traces behind that an intrusion of this scale was ever committed. That being said, should the Balmorran Company employ one exceptional individual in their security department that could see through this digital facade, the SIS Operatives would be forced to scrub the mission.

Nevertheless, as contact was made and the former Sun Guard had commenced the Op, those aboard the purloined orbiting transport waited with baited breath to hear back from their dirt-bound CO.

Upon arrival, Naiad - in a specially tailored Alliance Navy Uniform - was ushered into the facility and directed towards one of the many boardrooms in the compound. It was there that he would meet with the Technarch, learn of the capabilities of their newest weapon, and seal the deal should it prove to be all they had claimed it to be.

| [member="Alkor Centaris"] |​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom