Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private I Bid Thee Farewell

MOSHED-2023-3-2-10-57-5.jpg

Objective: Meet an "Old Friend"
Tag: Valery Noble Valery Noble

SjYErEX.png

Deep into the unknown regions of what was now formerly Maw space, in a starless star-system was Romund. Within his hollowed out asteroid base that orbited around the barren planetoid of Najra-Va. The Dark Jedi made no effort really to hide himself after the devastation of not only the Maw on Exegol, but of himself as well. Caught between a rock and a hard place in the brutal conflict between the Sith and the Jedi. His opponent then, Jasper, who he’d later come to discover was still walking among him in the land of the living. While the young Jedi got to revel in his success, Romund instead cowered in the comfort of hiding under a rock. Battered and beaten, the claymore they wielded had done a real number on him. His wounds still burned and hurt in his alchemical flesh. His own anatomy is betraying him now. His brawny physique was much more slender, and gaunt now under his clothes. But the bitterness he felt towards the Jedi did not matter, there was a bigger fish.

Romund knew Valery Noble herself was inbound to his location. Likely using data and information that wasn’t destroyed during the battle on Exegol to hunt down where he was as well as other Maw commanders who had scattered in the aftermath. The Dark Jedi simply waited for her arrival. He sat alone in large sterile room of what was primarily his personal cloning facility. Before him was a huge containment capsule that practically oozed the negative energy of the Dark Side. Pulsing with it like a heartbeat, or a breath. The energy coming from what was trapped inside Romund fed off of. The darkside power of what was inside dwarfed his own by several orders of magnitude, he was just a parasite siphoning it’s power for himself. If there was any hope for the Dark Jedi to live to see another day, it was within that capsule. Or it could spell his very doom.

Next to Romund and the chair he sat on was a side table, on top of which an ancient relic of technology sat. Something he’d savored from the Morellian Commonwealth he once called home. A Phonograph, one which spun a record that played a classical song. However, old and in deprepair the record and the phonograph played the melody in a distorted tune and repeated itself every minute or so. The haunting piano notes echoing in the room Romund patient waited in. Meanwhile he ordered his Clone and droid servants not to fight or harm their visitor. Sensing her reaching him shortly. They were to greet valery upon her arrival and act as good hosts for their soon to be guest, meeting her once she landed and to lead her to him, and show no hostility towards the Jedi master. Outside a group of Romund’s loyal clones waited on a landing pad for Valery. The hollowed out insides of the asteroid houses a rather pleasant and temperate environment. Much of which was automated farms that grew under the light of the star-like reactor that illuminated the inside of the several kilometer base.

Romund would be lying if he said he wasn’t a little excited, it had been too long since The Dark Jedi had seen Valery. Little did he know back then that they shared remarkably similar past events. But it was a shame though, the pair’s long awaited reunion very well will be their one and only...

Outfit: Factory Link
Appearance: Link
Ship: Link
Weapons:
Lightsabers
Tag: Romund Sro Romund Sro

The Sword was on the hunt.

In the aftermath of the Maw's defeat and cleansing of Exegol, many Jedi, soldiers, and citizens chose to embrace the peace that followed. But her path was one that would never know peace. While some celebrated and others mourned, Valery was already back in the cockpit of her X-wing and traveling to a remote system where one of her targets resided. Romund Sro Romund Sro was the first Dark Jedi she had encountered after her time in stasis, and in some ways, that brief hunt through the streets of Coruscant had solidified her desire to return to the Galaxy.

A sense of duty, alongside her strong desire to return to Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble .

Now that the war that had started for her on Coruscant was over, she'd finally meet him again, and it was going to be their last meeting. The X-wing touched down without problems, and Valery was even greeted by his servants, who she paid little attention to. She hopped out of her cockpit, removed her helmet, and shook out her long hair, before drawing the two hilts of her lightsabers into her hands.

With weapons ready, she followed her senses until she reached the chamber he was in.

"It has been a long time," she said, as she stared down the man who had been seriously injured by Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el .

SjYErEX.png

The Dark Jedi senses Valery’s arrival, confirmed by being notified of his clones that she was on her way to him. Although his clones followed her they didn’t get in her or interfere in any way. Over the music playing Romund heard her walk into the chamber he patiently waited in. Looking up at her, his fiery eyes met her own. Her hue was from biology, his was from the Darkside’s corrupting influence. Valery looked a bit different, it was her attire. She was wearing a more sleek and modern outfit as opposed to what she wore the day they met. When she did look more like a Jedi of the Old Republic. Nodding to her words he reached over and stopped turning off the phonograph, the music drowning slowly to a halt.

“You’re right Miss Noble, too long I fear.” Romund’s face was still covered in his typical fabric mask that veiled his head and face. Hiding his disfigured features, made even worse from his last battle on Exegol. “Yet you’ve come to hunt me down quicker than I’d imagined. Not one for indulging in the pleasures of your success I suppose? Not even with friends and family?” He ended his question with a loud cough, his voice was raspy and dry sounding.

Metallic fingers tapped some against the armrest of his chair, his appendage having been severed by Jasper prior. The pain of the wound was only amplified by the discomfort of his corrupted body’s rejection of the Cybernetic replacement. But he needed it until he could clone himself a new arm to replace the one he lost. However, with Valery’s arrival he might not be able to get it properly replaced. With some struggle he got himself out of chair and onto his feet. Romund wore a long dark robe, forgoing his typical garbs. He still kept his imposing height, but the bulk that accompanied it before was gone. When she struck him down with that blast of Force Light, Romund never really recovered. In some ways he blamed her for the state he was in as of now.

Turning away from the Jedi, Romund stepped closer to the large containment capsule. Valery could surely feel the darkside energy exuding from the capsule. Romund himself placed his still organic hand against the cold metal that made up its outer shell. Feeling the metaphysical pulse of what was inside it. “Heh, containment and stasis are such temperamental technologies wouldn’t you agree My Dear?” He spoke over his shoulder to her, knowing that she too has had experience, not being from this time period much like himself.

Weapons:
Lightsabers

"I'm here to make sure friends and family can enjoy the peace we created," Valery told him, and that meant that she herself could not really know peace. That was the role of the Sword — to fight, endure and cast a shadow of protection for others. For as long as she was able to breathe, walk and fight, she'd live by this code. Today, it meant the hunt for this already broken Dark Jedi, and tomorrow it meant yet another foe.

She'd never be able to truly rest.

Valery then watched the man rise from his chair with noticeable difficulty, and followed each and every move he made. She felt no danger, nor any intent to attack her, so she stayed where she was and just watched. With most other Sith or Dark Jedi, she would have already engaged or forced them to surrender, but this fight was different. He didn't seem to be in any condition to fight, which made her more cautious.

What was he hiding?

"They are technologies best to be avoided unless necessary," she said in response, as he walked over to the containment capsule. She felt intense darkness within and clenched her jaw as it reached out to her. She was skilled at raising barriers to keep it out, but it still felt uncomfortable.

"This doesn't have to end like this. You can surrender, and I will not harm you."

SjYErEX.png

Romund understood Valery’s reply, but didn’t really agree with it. She was sacrificing her own joy for her friends and family back at the alliance. Or was this actually what the huntress truly enjoyed. Tracking down and defeating her enemies. It wasn’t hard to believe a warrior like Valery to be dissatisfied by the little things. Hearing her suggest that he surrender, Romund hung his head low and shook it. “Surrender would just be a waste of time I’m afraid, a mere formality to postpone the inevitable. I can’t foresee the Galactic Alliance wanting anything less than to put me down for the crimes I’ve committed under my allegiance to The Brotherhood.” Raising his head back up he continued. “If I’m too perish I’d want it to be at your hands Miss Noble. Not under the gavel of a judge in trial. I desire nothing less."

Pausing for a moment the Dark Jedi closed his eyes, his hand still pressed against the large capsule.
“May I ask you a question, Valery?” He didn’t wait for a reply. “Do you miss them? Everyone you lost from the Old Republic?” There was undeniable sorrow in his voice, as if recalling bitter memories. “I only ask because I do, I feel like a man lost in time. A living fossil and I can never go back… I can’t even preserve what remains, not even my own body.” Romund's words eluded to some emotional torment within him. But not one that he seem to want to elaborate on much further. Valery was his enemy, not his councilor. The hand against the capsule began to clench up into a boney fist. As he did, wisps of darkside energy were seemingly being siphoned out from whatever was inside the capsule. Using the Force to Drain the essence of whatever it was he had managed to trap inside of it to leech off of for himself. As he did his posture began to straighten. Changing some from the rather sickly and vulnerable state he was in moment’s before. Turning back to face Valery, Romund looked down at her, already appearing far more lively than he had earlier.

“I do wish you had spent more time cherishing your victory, Miss Noble, to leave behind a more positive final memory for your friends and family. But I suppose warrior like yourself can’t resist culling those of us who remain from The Brotherhood. Like a shark after sensing blood in the water.” Even his voice was less anguished sounding. Raising his one good hand up to her before an arcing bolt of Force Lightning shot out from his fingertips towards her. The bright bluish light filled the room which they stood in. The Dark Jedi hadn’t expected to slay her at that moment, expecting his opponent to block the incoming attack with one of if not both her lightsabers.

Last edited:

Weapons:
Lightsabers

She wasn't surprised that he refused to surrender.

The Alliance had a special prison for Sith, Dark Jedi, and other highly dangerous people, but she wasn't sure that the Alliance would sentence him to time there. With his body falling apart as it was, any sentence was almost like a death sentence. It made her wonder how he was even able to still sustain himself right now. But her mind was drawn away from that when he asked her a question — something that actually did catch her by surprise a little.

Missing people from her past?

"I did," she told him. "But I've learned to move forward. Made new friends, started a family, and found my place in the Galaxy. You could have done the same, but you chose a different path." Valery frowned and what she said was quickly confirmed, as the Dark Side began to swirl around the man. All at once, the presence she had felt inside the containment capsule merged with his being, offering him vitality unlike what she had felt from him before. It was sickening.

"What have you done..." she said with wide eyes and a disgusted look but even that didn't linger for long. She felt a warning through the Force and ignited both violet blades instantly, before crossing them in front of her chest. The arc of lightning connected, but rather than just blocking it, Valery allowed its power to flow down into her hands, where she siphoned it in and turned it back around.

Her two hilts came together, the blades both pointed towards him and from the tips, his own lightning came right back at him. Whether it harmed or even connected didn't matter — Valery lunged forward to close the distance, and swept her right blade for a quick strike at his neck, hoping to end it all swiftly.

Tag: Valery Noble

SjYErEX.png

Perhaps what she said was true, he could’ve walked a different path once he was unshackled by stasis. But unlike Valery, Romund was found by the Sith to be conscripted in their ranks. Could he really have chosen a path that seemed to have already been chosen for him. Before all that fated to be born into a family of Dark Jedi? Maybe it wasn’t as simple as making a single choice. But that's neither here nor there now, and Valery had answered his question instead of dismissing his query. Maybe if things had turned out differently he too could be a Jedi, maybe even friends.

The Dark Jedi sensed her disgust, cracking a smirk under his mask when she asked what he’d done. His opponent would soon come to understand what he was up to. As Valery blocked the attack, sparks of arcs of lighting danced brilliantly between them. Romund couldn’t quite see with his eyes past the blinding light what she was doing. His precognition only informed him of what could happen next. As the bolt of electric dark side energy was redirected back at him Romund held his palm out to have the blast ricochet away from him. Striking the ceiling above the two force wielders.

But Valery, ever determined, didn’t pause. Closing the distance on him in an instant, ready to strike him down, going straight for the neck. Fluidly Romund side stepped to the left, bending himself back some to avoid the blade making contact with his neck, like a fast and lethal game of limbo. However, her black sliced some into the containment capsule, scorching its metallic shell. Witnessing it Romund’s eyes widened in concern before he held his back up to telekinetically blast her away from the large contraception. Not really to hurt her, but to create some distance. He COULD NOT have her damaging it. From within his robe he drew a lightsaber hilt finally. A stolen Imperial Knight lightsaber hilt from a fallen adversary of his. Igniting into a crimson blade to oppose her own violet hues. Romund then closed the distance taking a few quick steps until he performed a forward somersault, generating kinetic energy and moment before clashing his blade into her. It came off as very Ataru-esque and acrobatic. More akin to how Romund used to fight before having his body altered and bulked up. Now with all that weight shedded he could maneuver much like he used to. Valery clearly didn’t want to draw this out, so he’d meet her aggression with The Aggression Form and put her on the defense.

Weapons:
Lightsabers

As the ceiling above her exploded from the lightning he directed away, Valery closed the distance and aimed her first strike to decapitate the Sith. But ever since he had drained that energy from the capsule, Romund felt different, and now he had the strength to dodge her rather fast-paced maneuver. It resulted in her blade carving into the capsule itself, which in turn sparked a flash of hatred within the man.

It wasn't surprising that he cared about it so much, given what had just happened, but it somehow still felt strange to her. He had already used it to sustain himself, so why did he still care? Did he rely on its constant use to stay alive, or was it something he needed in case he'd ever get badly injured again?

Either way, it wouldn't matter anymore after today. He wasn't walking out of this alive.

The telekinetic blast he retaliated with forced Valery back from the capsule, however, and he was rather quick to meet her aggression with his own. Crimson and violet collided, igniting the air around them with fiery sparks and intense light, but neither warrior faltered in offense or defense. He sought to pressure Valery with a bombardment of attacks, and so she decided to use one of her favorite little tricks.

Right as Romund launched another attack, Valery dashed forward to enter a blade lock, but it never came. As their weapons were supposed to make contact, the Sword of the Jedi phased her way through both his weapon and person, thereby ending up behind the man. Hoping it would bring him off-balance, Valery spun around with Force-augmented speed and used this rotational momentum to sweep both her blades to his back and neck.

SjYErEX.png

The room was awash in the red and purple glow of their weapon. Both combatants were too stubborn to lose any ground to each other. With his one lightsaber Romund struck with a barrage of fluid attacks each moment leading into the next strike. Trying to overwhelm Valery and keep her from utilizing that second blade of hers. The weapon was concerning for Romund, offering a second barrier of defense as well as a second avenue to attack him with.

His combative fervor heightened his senses and his precognition, it whispered to him. Warring of an attack that was yet to happen. And he could see it, what was so special that it warranted special attention from the Dark Side, maneuvering to collide with her blade he was caught off guard by the sudden absence of resistance. His eyes widened once more behind his mask as not only did Valery’s weapon pass through his own but so did she. Losing his balance he was only able to begin to understand what had just happened. Trying to use his maneuverability to recover before she could take advantage of the opportunity she had behind himself.

But with the confusion in him he couldn’t match her speed one for one. Only able to block one of her lightsabers with his own, the other would make contact. Defending against the strike intended for his back. The other for his neck, didn’t quite hit its mark given the awkward off balance position he was in. Instead of striking his face. Cutting right through the fabric of his mask and into his flesh. Scorching a good part of the left side of his face under his mask. “GAhhHH!” He shouted, stumbling back some. His mechanical hand grabbed at the wound he sustained. Romund found it noticeably harder to see all of the sudden. Valery had just taken an eye.

Through gritted teeth Romund took a deep breath and bellowed out into a concussive cone of force towards his Jedi opponent. A more sensible and accurate maneuver compared to the stunt he pulled on Exegol. Better focusing his energy towards his opponent rather than their surroundings. Valery wasn’t the only one with favorite little tricks up her sleeve. Turning his soundwaves into shockwaves, hoping to damage and stun the Jedi, if not possibly kill her by turning her insides into jelly. Eventually the volume of his shout subsided leaving Romund gasping for air.

However, the attack was a little more reckless than he’d wanted it to be, damaging the capsule behind Valery some as well from the Force Bellow. Causing the room to fill with the glare of bright red warning lights, and alarms. An automated alarm system that spoke through speakers in the ceiling, warning that the containment capsule was in critical condition and at 50% hull integrity. This worried Romund, but he couldn’t attend to it just yet, he needed to make sure that Valery was dead or defeated first. He couldn’t lose focus on her. But his bellow seemed to disturbed whatever was imprisoned inside. The capsule even began to rattle, like something was trying to break free. Filling the room with a miasma of dark side energy, Romund’s own was nothing compared to it.

Weapons:
Lightsabers

Valery could feel one of her blades connecting with his as she spun, but the other was met with a different kind of resistance. One that she had unfortunately gotten familiar with over the years of being a Jedi — flesh. The violet blade of plasma had sliced across Romund's face, leaving him partially blinded and in pain. His scream sent shivers down her spine, but in the heat of battle, she could easily set it all aside.

Valery then made her landing and raised her blades back up, expecting him to retaliate in anger for losing an eye. But as her own precognitive skills caught a glimpse of the near future, Valery found herself quickly tapping into the Force to defend herself. A blast of destructive sound waves was unleashed against her, and to keep them from causing harm, she projected a Force Barrier to deflect most of the energy.

But still, the sheer force of the impact was too much to resist. The shockwave knocked her back, sending her flying into the wall behind her. A yelp of pain followed as she fell down to hands and knees, but Valery was quick to rise and turned her burning eyes to the man. Until she noticed that his attack had damaged something else as well. The containment capsule had seemed important to him from the start, but especially after he had drawn so much energy out of it.

So rather than moving back to engage him, she extended an arm out towards the capsule and telekinetically applied so much pressure that the metal began to buckle and scream. Bolts were forced out of their holes, the outer hull began to warp, and with all of her strength, she tried to destroy it completely.

SjYErEX.png

Romund had expected Valery to retaliate and try to strike him down. That was what he was prepared for after knocking her back into a wall. But she didn’t do that, instead her attention went to the containment capsule. Dread filled every fiber and bone of Romund as she rapidly accelerated the critical condition of the capsule. “Valery NO!” He shouted out to her, fearing she didn’t know what she was doing, and that she would doom both of them and even the entire asteroid where they dueled.

His cybernetic arm reached out to the Jedi to try and stop her from utterly destroying the capsule past the point of no return. Using the Force to pull her back towards him with her attention elsewhere he hoped to draw her in and perform a killing blow. To telekinetically drag her body towards him. But it was too late. Rattling and banging came from within the Containment Capsule before suddenly the hard metal shell that covered it screeched as it broke and bent outwards from within. Allowing whatever was inside to be free, aided by Valery’s strength in The Force.

In that moment Romund’s forceful tugging with The Force stopped as he seemed to freeze. The only movements across his body were slight fearful trembles. “V-Valery you…” Romund couldn’t finish his statement before his extended cybernetic arm began to twist and contort, breaking apart as his body was lifted up by an unseen force. “No, NO not like this!!” Romund panicked before a powerful blast of force lightning shot out from within the capsule towards the Dark Jedi's. Striking his body and instantly obliterating him into charred dust as his essence was simultaneously consumed by what had been trapped inside the containment capsule. As if taking back the energy that Romund has been parasitically consuming all this time. The Dark Jedi was no more, his soul not even able to reach the Netherworld.

Valery could only sense an immense pool of darkness coming from within the containment capsule. From within the large contraption, reaching out and grabbing the jagged metal of the hole in its outer shell came a large skeletal-like hand with sharp claws. Slowly pulling itself out, finally the Jedi could see what had been trapped inside. A spindly Starweird, its silvery haired floated in the air as the malevolent creature freed itself from its prison. Hollowed pale eyes drifted towards the Jedi. As if studying her and seeing how she reacted to seeing it now. The creature was one of evil there was no doubt about it, yet it simply observed the Jedi that had aided in its escape. Steeped in Bogan energies, Valery wouldn’t actually sense any hostilities from the Starweird. It only seemed to wait if the Jedi Battlemaster would desire its destruction, or let it be.

Weapons:
Lightsabers

His cries for her to stop and his attempt at telekinetically pulling her away were all in vain — she crushed the capsule and felt a shift in the Force as it happened. At first, she believed that it would result in Romund potentially losing the strength he had drained from this object, but as lightning lashed out from within, she knew that something far more dangerous had been set free. The arcs of electricity struck her target, killing him instantly.

Her job was completed for her, but she didn't care, and she knew that she wasn't done here just yet. The creature appeared and looked at her, but made no aggressive move yet. Either because she had set it free, and it was willing to leave, or it was waiting to see what she'd do first.

Valery wasn't going to wait.

A creature that felt as evil as this Starweird could not be allowed to roam this Galaxy freely, and so Valery drew on the strength of her bond with Kahlil. The Force flowed through her, fiery eyes began to glow and beams of light started to flow around her limbs. They twirled and converged in the palms of her hands, and within a split-second, she created a circular wall of intense light around the creature.

A fortress of Light that targeted its dark core, and sought to strip it away. She knew that it'd likely kill it, but the Jedi Master wasn't holding back at all.

SjYErEX.png

The Jedi before the creature was steadfast and determined. It wasn’t long before she sprung back into action. Sensing Valery drawing her power it sensed a bond between her and another individual. One that wasn’t present. The Starweird levitated out of the capsule, finally gazing down at the Jedi with icy hollow eyes before it dove down towards her. A clawed hand reaching out towards her.

For only a brief moment Valery could feel her throat involuntarily clench up. Seeing as she chose to fight the monster, it acted to choke her through the force. But before it could get a proper stranglehold over her and the malevolent starweird was surrounded on all sides by a bright light. As the wall of light trapped the creature it viciously strained against it. Feeling their very essence burning away from Valery’s lightside onslaught.

Struggling it let out what would’ve been an ear piercing telepathic screech. But it was unable to bring harm to the Jedi opposing it. Frantically trying to blast and claw its way out of the wall of light, but it was futile. It wasn’t long before the starweird collapsed onto the metallic floor. Unable to keep itself up anymore. Soon after the monster had burst apart in a violent blaze. Something so steeped in the dark didn’t have much chance to survive Valery’s assault. Nor could it be severed from the force without dying.

Although large it left no trace of its existence now that it was killed. There was nothing left of it, or Romund. Perhaps from such a devastating attack his soul was free to travel to the netherworld finally, saving him. Or it was destroyed along with the Starwierd that consumed it moments prior. Nonetheless there was still the matter of the facility, and it’s inhabitants. Some of which, Romund’s clones, finally entered the room in a panic. Armed with blasters as they looked around. The alarms from the destroyed containment capsule warning them of the major threat of an escaped Starwierd. But they didn’t find it, or their cloner master, only the Jedi.

Lowering their weapons one of them asked. “I take it Master Sro has perished now hasn’t he? But what of the Demon, did it escape... or?” They seemed to believe now that the Jedi slayed the "Demon". The clones seemed to have no intention of combating Valery. Likely following the last orders Romund gave them. Another one of the clones asked one of their brethren.

"Does this still mean we need to initiate Master Sro's contingency plan?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom