Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I am No One [OPEN]

CORELLIA,
THE STREETS

-------------------------------------------

Two days she'd been here wandering around. There wasn't much to see of the old verdant world, as much of it had been decimated by the cataclysm. Still they were an industrious people, and she admired that. It kind of reminded her of her parents, always on the move and doing things.

She was underneath an overhang, gutting the insides out of a stolen pod racing pit droid and stacking the components up. the owner wouldn't miss it any time soon and she was on the other end of town, which was good.

She was no one. Just a drifter with an old raggedy set of robes and stolen lightsaber. She liked it this way, and glanced up, checking out the meat stalls at the end of the busy market.

"Hey girl, what are you doing here?"

"Excuse me?"

"You're in my way, move it."

CORELLIA,
THE STREETS
-------------------------

Talis roamed the street's he was buying item's he were to bring back for a friend of his, He handed the credit's over to the merchant he was talking to, He kept his hand near his lightsaber, Not wanting it to be taken or stolen and such.

The Jedi roamed into a overhang, looking around, He was suppose to be meeting a friend here, Since his friend couldn't buy it for himself, He bought it for his friend. He chuckled at the thought

Talis's eye's wondered over to a girl who was deassembling a droid. He continued to look at the girl, He closed his eyes. He felt..something..Did she have a lightsaber..?

He continued to keep a close eye on the girl, before a man came up telling her to move.

[member="Veera"]

CORELLIA,
THE STREETS
----------------------------------------

"Hey! Watch it, Blondie!" Another grumpy voice rattled off behind the young gearhead, her gait unbroken in spite of her most recent near-collision. It wasn't that the Kohai didn't care, merely that she had failed to notice where she was going. The engineer's eyes were glued to the glowing screen of her datapad, gloved fingers holding the device in a vice like grip close enough to her face to illuminate her features. It was her turn to go shopping, and she refused to get it wrong again.

With a satisfied nod, Kohai stowed the datapad, the clunky device slipping into one of the many pockets and pouches adorning her suspenders. "Okay! Where to... start..." She trailed off, her emerald eyes scanning the environment as she tried to regain her bearings.

How long have I been walking?

Picking a direction, the engineer began to walk, her nervous hands tugging idly at the ends of her lucky scarf. Before long, she found herself before a series of stalls that seemed to peddle various types of meats. It certainly seemed a good place to start! Steadying her nerves, Kohai prepared herself to casually stroll up to one of the stalls when a voice off to the side grabbed her attention.

There was a rather large man in dirtied clothes bothering some child, insisting they were in the way somehow. It was enough to bring an annoyed pout to the young woman's lips.

As if he couldn't just step around!

With a sigh, the engineer brought her attention forward once more, taking a few steps to look at the meat selection before her. As she browsed, however, her gaze occasionally darted back towards the kid. Kohai had always had a habit of fixating on things, and something about that encounter had captured her interest.

[member="Veera"] [member="Talis Palecrest"]

[member="Talis Palecrest"] [member="Kohai Drenn"]

CORELLIA,
THE STREETS

"You heard me kid, move it."

She wasn't happy to hear his tone and grunted, setting down the wrench she had been turning and looking left and then right. She sized him up, gruff guy with a blaster. Dirty Coveralls, scar over one eye. Yea he might have been someone not to mess with, but her young temper got the best of her.

Her cheeks flushed red and she thought about going for her lightsaber to skewer him on the spot, or at least scare him.

No, too obvious. That would draw wayyyyy too much attention.

Instead she settled for picking up the wrench and rising to her feet, her right foot sliding back just a little. She'd watched it in a holo film once. How some Teras Kasi masters fought.

"Dude there's a whole street here, why you bothering me?"

He shoved her, but she stood fast.

"Kid I've had a real bad day. Don't make this hard on yourself."

The wrench came back now off to her right.

"Don't make it a bad day for yourself."

Then he caught sight of the droid.

"You stole that didn't you scavenger scum.... well. Guess I'll just have to turn you in then. Could fetch a nice price I reckon."

"Got proof nerf for brains?"

"Nah, but a corpse might do."

Kark

He went for his blaster, and she swung. She was no master by any standards. Just a kid brawler trying to carve out a living. No one.

The wrench came in and cracked his hand, slamming his knuckles. they crushed under the impact between the butt of the blaster and her solid steel wrench.
There's gotta be a better tactic. Maybe trip him? Yea that's good!

Then she hit him, with a dead jab in the face coming from her right hand. Her left grabbed he leg and tried to flip him on his back....

Talis saw the whole scene unfolding he slowly sighed, The Zabrak knew what he had to do, he slowly stepped into the scene.

"Can you both stop fighting? It's a damned droid, You shouldn't be fighting over it, If you continue I'll have to restrain you both." Talis said his voice at a yelling level.

Talis stepped in the middle of them fighting or tried to, He kept a grip on his saber just in case

"No more fighting from the both of you, settle this like adults!" Talis said holding his hand up at the man, restraining him with the force. Or trying to.

He glared at [member="Veera"] and said "Explain your side of the story." Talis then waited for a response from the girl

[member="Talis Palecrest"]

CORELLIA,
THE STREETS

"Why do I have to explain myself to you?" She asked, flipping some of her bangs away from her eyes. She felt something from him. It was a weird feeling and she couldn't quite place it. Maybe he was the same as her? Maybe he had a gut instinct?

Then he showed his hand, stopping her assailant and she grinned.

"He started it. The droid's mine, this spot on the street may as well be mine. He coulda walked around."

"Bet you feel dumb now huh buddy?" She heckled, trying to get deep under that skin. The wrench dropped down to her thigh, hanging loose in her grasp.

"Shoulda bonked you in the face instead. Woulda fixed ya ugly mug."

Kohai grew tense as the nearby confrontation seemed to escalate, shaky hands quietly going to her hips to find her blaster. She bit her lip, casting her eyes down as she remembered leaving it back on the ship. In spite of her frustration, she couldn't deny deep sigh of relief as her probing hands ended their search. After all, one could not be called upon to shoot a man if they didn't carry a gun on them.

...but that bozo had better watch it!

Against all of the engineer's hopes, however, the situation before her hit a breaking point. The surly, bantha of a man made a grab for his proudly-displayed blaster, and the kid standing up to him made a heavy swing with her wrench. By the time the harsh impact of steel and bone reached her ears, Kohai was already on approach.

Gloved fingers fishing into one of the numerous pockets adorning her outfit, Kohai yanked out the first useful tool she could grab, your basic, everyday hydrospanner. It lacked the heft of a wrench, but with a good jab, it could really mess up a day.

Before she could enact her heroic rescue, however, Kohai was interrupted by the sudden appearance of a new interested party. She had never seen him approach, but all of a sudden the situation seemed to be resolved by a strangely Zabrak. He cut an imposing figure, standing at least a full head taller than the blonde engineer, and her had the bearing of a Jedi.

As quickly as it got wound up, the situation seemed to return to normal, the girl before her returning to hurling verbal barbs at her subdued attacker. The whole thing left Kohai standing to the side, feeling a little awkward as she fiddled with the tool in her hands. "Umm... Everything good here?" Her practiced smile was back on, green eyes passing over the odd trio before her as she hastily put the spanner away.

CORELLIA,
THE STREETS
--------------------------

"Heh bout as good as it can be. You're lucky ol' horn for brains showed up guy."

Her eyes roved to the hydropsanner the new woman was awkwardly carrying. then they lit up.
She must be a spacer! Great!

So far she had the Zabrak pegged as a force user, possibly a Jedi. Possibly just someone else, but the young fifteen year old's attention quickly turned to Kohai.

"Nice piece. Is that a T-67 Hydropsanner? I been looking for one. Best kind for tearing apart a rust bucket."

Why she was looking for it she didn't let on. Save that some folks 'round here owed the girl some Pazaak debts, and this guy if she ever saw him again, was gonna get his ship dismantled in the night.

That would be rich.

"Why do I have to explain myself to you?" The Zabrak chuckled, "I'm just trying to resolve a conflict here." Talis said with a slight smirk on his face,

"He started it. The droid's mine, this spot on the street may as well be mine. He coulda walked around." Talis nodded looking at the man and going infront of him.

Talis raised his hand and said a few words, "You will leave this girl alone and attend to your normal business away from this area.." Talis said performing a Jedi Mind Trick on the man

Hopefully it would work, Talis was pretty strong in the force, he waited for the result.

[member="Veera"]

Kohai watched as the Zabrak lifted his hand towards the man, his voice taking on a strange tone that soured the engineer's features with a rare frown. While she was no expert, she had borne witness to Jedi mind tricks before, and it always made her uncomfortable to watch.

Shaking herself back to focus, the familiar smile was back as Kohai brought her attention back towards the girl. She knew nothing about force manipulation and Jedi trickery, but this kid was speaking her language now! "Sure is!" As silly as it might be, the blonde gearhead felt a warm sense of pride flaring in her chest. She took great pride in her tools and expertise, and it was almost always a surefire way to lift her spirits.

In a flash the hydrospanner was back out, Kohai tilting and displaying the tool for the girl."Broken in and everything! Check out the custom-knurled grip for reduced slippage!" The engineer made a habit of customizing her favorite tools, but those efforts typically went unnoticed.

CORELLIA,
THE STREETS

----------------------------------------------
"I'll go about my business, away from this area. Bye!"

The man walked away and she nodded. That was a mighty useful trick that the Zabrak had, and she wanted it. But first, she wanted to smack him with the wrench, for getting into her business.

"Why? Just why dude. You some kind of self righteous Jedi or somethin'?"

When Kohai showed her the Hydropsanner, she wrapped her fingers around it and felt delight at the grip, then nodded.

"Nice! I like it. Maybe we can collaborate on some projects. What do you do for work? Oh feth it. C'mon, let's go get a drink. Your choice where. Pointy head ya can come with if you want, but you might wanna ditch later. I gotta go do... a thing."

Like dismantle a fethers ship..... or steal it.

"I'll go about my business, away from this area. Bye!" Talis smiled his Jedi Mind trick working on the man.

The man started to walk away, Talis continued to smirk before having a straight face.

"Why? Just why dude. You some kind of self righteous Jedi or somethin'?"

Talis took a minute or two too think of what to say, "I just do what's right" Talis said with a smile.

"Nice! I like it. Maybe we can collaborate on some projects. What do you do for work? Oh feth it. C'mon, let's go get a drink. Your choice where. Pointy head ya can come with if you want, but you might wanna ditch later. I gotta go do... a thing."

Talis nodded, "I'll come" Talis said with a slight smile, he wanted to get a drink, He hadn't relaxed in a while

[member="Veera"]

Blinking her eyes at the girl, it took Kohai a moment to piece together that she was being invited somewhere. Spending a good deal of her time on the ship, it wasn't often that she got to go on adventures without the crew tagging along, and it usually made for an interesting change of pace. "Sure thing!"

She turned on a heel, taking a purposeful in a random direction before stopping short. It occured to Kohai that she had, as if by default, been elected to decide on where this little group of theirs was headed. Right... just pick something. Without a word, the young engineer ran a quaking hand through her golden locks, the other reaching into a deep pocket by her left hip for her datapad. "Juuust a sec." Shaky, yet practiced hands got to work, closing her shopping list and replacing it with a map of the local area.

Taking a passing glance at her present company, Kohai eventually selected a cafe' that was well within walking distance. "Okay... it's this way." Keeping the glowing screen up near her face, she turned in a new direction and began to walk.

Kyrel Ren was on the world in hopes of finding information, whether it be Sith Artifacts that could boost his own powers or perhaps Lost Jedi that he could hunt. He was clad in his new dark robes and a mask that hid his deformed and scarred face, So far no one knew who he was, he had moved as if he was nothing more then shadow, and had used the dark side to hide his own Force Signature, and so had stalked the streets from the dark shadows.

It had been several months since the Battle of Hoth, and he had emerged determined to become stronger more powerful than ever. He had begun his journies from First Order space into the Unknown Regions, even the castle of Darth Vader on Mustafar that he had taken over, to journey more into the Outer Rim, and into the Core. He was nothing more then a dark shadow, a new generation of the Dark Side determined to bring back the times when the dark side reigned supreme across the galaxy.

For now, he had located a Force Sensitive girl, he would either turn her or perhaps kill her if she refused. He had then noticed a Zabrak Jedi, and then a smuggler of some sorts, this made the hunt all the more interesting. He had followed them, his dark aura hidden from her or the Jedi's senses. If not then he would reveal himself and begin his attack, but for now he had waited for them to get out of the streets, before making his move. Until then he had kept following them he said smirking under his mask. "This day just keeps getting all the more interesting."

[member="Kohai Drenn"]
[member="Talis Palecrest"]
[member="Veera"]

[member="Talis Palecrest"] [member="Darth Interitus"] [member="Kohai Drenn"]

CORELLIA,
THE STREETS
-------------------------------------

She followed her new found compatriots lead, until they wound up in a random cantina. The name of the place was not really important, as there was a dozen or so cantina's alone across this section of the city. What was more they served anyone who paid, which meant as they took their seats, she ordered her own drink with what scarce cred's she had.

"So, what kind of work do you folks do? I'm guessing you Zabra are a Jedi and you.... Smuggler?"

She grinned, feeling a home run in her gut.

And then she felt something darker, uneasy.

A dark side presence......

Kohai couldn't help but smile, impressed at how much the girl seemed to figure out with so little information from her. "Not bad..." She turned over the dispenser she grabbed from the next table over, pouring a great deal of rather cheap sweetener into her coffee. "You're really close!"

Gripping her cup tightly in both hands, the young woman took a long, slow sip of her drink, immediately placing it back on the table after. "I guess technically I'm a smuggler..." She lowered her voice a bit as she spoke, giving the room a quick scan before continuing. While the current crowd didn't seem the type to care overmuch, it was hardly good craft to wear a smuggler name tag, "...but I think it'd be more accurate to say I'm an engineer on a smuggling vessel."

Just as the words finished crossing the engineer's lips, a cold pit settled deep in her stomach. It wasn't the first time she had gotten a chill like that, but more often than not it was worth ignoring. Certainly nothing worth bringing down the table's more over, especially in this relatively public place.

It's almost always nothing...

[member="Veera"] [member="Talis Palecrest"] [member="Darth Interitus"]

CORELLIA,
THE STREETS

Until thing where fully finalized within the Jedi order Asheda had some spare time on her hands which she was using to visit home, though she didn't always have the most pleasant memories it was still the planet she grew up on with friends and family.

Walking around the streets she took in some familiar site she remembered from when she was younger, it was strange returning to this place, now a Jedi, if only her former 'employers' could see her now. Well they were no longer alive but still, walking further down the street she spotted zabark, but what stood out to her was his force signature and appearance, he too looked like a Jedi.

She tried to follow him along with the young girl, who seemed force sensitive and lady but stopped for a bit as she felt a dark influence in the force, someone, a dark sider was present, and if he was close he could no undoubtedly sense the other two. With a new sense of urgency she started to run after the group to warn them about the coming danger and possibly help them in the even the dark sider caught up with them.

[member="Kohai Drenn"] [member="Veera"] [member="Darth Interitus"] [member="Talis Palecrest"]

Talis continued to walk with the such group, Talis felt uneasy, He looked around scanning for the such..presence. He kept his hand near his saber just in case, He continued to walk with the group. He examined his group, A smuggler and scrapper it seemed like..

"So, what kind of work do you folks do? I'm guessing you Zabra are a Jedi and you.... Smuggler?" [member="Veera"] Talis smiled, It was pretty obvious he was a Jedi.

"Yes. I am a Jedi, Jedi Knight, And Jedi Guardian." Talis said with a chuckle.

Talis slowly looked around spotting [member="Asheda Tyr"] He glared at the girl, sensing her force sensitivity, "She might be a Jedi..Maybe not" Talis thought before turning back to the group.

Nealon Zalman

N
Nealon hadn't been certain if he would ever see Corellia again. While he still had his home, wealth and fame on Nar Shaddaa the world that had given birth to an equal amount of smugglers, bars and booze had been one of his favorite planets to spend his holidays on. After being robbed his identity, abducted into the edges of space and forcefully recruited into some backwater resistance he had been convinced that he would die far away from anything that remotely resembled home. Sure he had been able to sneak and lie his way on the occasion off world freighter, but he never before got further than a handful of systems.

From a distance he had watched the whole encounter, the girl getting stopped in her way by some angry idiot, until the jedi intervened driven by nothing but the goodness of his heart. Nealon was far from the smartest person, and neither was he any good in a fight. Actually he had very little skills besides his talents for lying and acting. One of them was his eye for good opportunities, which had spotted the open act of kindness without really looking for it. There had to be a way to exploit it.

He downed the last few drops of what little remained of the liquid in the whiskey bottle he carrier with him at all times. Then he reached for his backpack, diving into it to search for a small tin can he used when scamming people on the streets with his little "magic tricks." Once he found it his wicked grin faded and was replaced by a more serious expression. He fixed his diary jacket and walked over to the jedi. His eyes and face showed no hint of a lie, probably because lying felt so natural to him that his mind barley even recognized it.

"Master jedi. My name is Galen Highwind and I'm collecting money for the Corellian homeless fund. I watched your act of kindness and in the name of the CHF I would like to offer you a thank you and payment for your service."

He gave the jedi a friendly girn while offering him the small tin can, filled with a handful credits. The best thing was that a the jedi would never take what little he had, while he could open him up for a little gift to the "Corellia Homeless fund" without appearing like a common beggar. Hopefully the jedi was as kind as he expected him to be.

"We people out here on the streets could need more people like you."

[member="Talis Palecrest"] [member="Asheda Tyr"] [member="Kohai Drenn"] [member="Veera"] [member="Darth Interitus"]

coming a bit closer to the group asheda noted how the zabark glared at her, do all of their species look that mean it was this one just not happy with her. Putting the though aside she quickly made her way over to the group and was about to speak with [member="Talis Palecrest"] until another man aproched.

The stranger ([member="Nealon Zalman"]) had introduced themselves as Galen Highwind of the 'Corellia Homeless Fund', though he seemed to not be lying something made her suspicious. Sure it had been two year since she was last here but a homeless fund seemed an unlikely thing to pop up around here, combined with the fact that her previous 'job' required its own amount of faking senserity she had a fair amour of experience when it came to knowing if others were telling the truth.

Though the force didn't seem to tell her the man was lying her gut instinct was, she wait for the zabark to respond before stepping in, if he too was a Jedi he would likely be of high standing. Besides the self proclaimed homeless fund man had adressed him first not her.

[member="Kohai Drenn"] [member="Veera"] [member="Darth Interitus"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom