Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Work In Progress I-7C Heavy Assault Dropship

I-7C Heavy Assault Dropship
Manufactured by Karavin Concern

dRUm20K.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
9v1GJgH.png
Image:
pavel-postovoit-dropshop-takeoff.gif
rZRUDFU.png

9lv2K7W.png

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Karavin Concern
  • Affiliation: Eternal Empire
  • Market Status: Closed-Market
  • Model: I-7C Heavy Dropship
  • Production: Minor (Eternal Military Only)
  • Material:

9lv2K7W.png

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Heavy Assault Dropship
  • Length: 29.25m
  • Width: 48.9m
  • Height: 8.7m
  • Armament: Very High
    • 1x Heavy Small Dual-Laser Cannon (Fixed, Cockpit)
    • 2x Light Small Dual-Turbolaser (Turret, Wings)
    • 1x KC-RV308 'Ravager' Assault Missile Pod (Fixed, Top-Rear - 2 Missile Pods (12 Missiles Each))
    • 6x KC-101 'Basilisk' Interceptor Missiles (3 per Wing)
  • Defences: Very High
  • Squadron Count: Very Low: 4
  • Manoeuvrability Rating: Low
  • Speed Rating: High (890kmh / 553mph - Atmospheric)
  • Hyperdrive: Very Low: Class - 5
  • Crew: 4 Crew (Pilot / Front-Gunner) (Co-Pilot / Missile Operator) (Radio Operator / Left Gunner) (Flight Engineer / Right Gunner)
  • Passengers: 46 Passengers (Two Decks)
  • Survival Supply Duration: One Week (Full Complement), One Month (Crew Only)

9lv2K7W.png

STANDARD FEATURES
  • Starfighter Sensor Package
  • Starfighter Navigation Aide Package
  • Starfighter Ion Engines
  • Starfighter Hyperdrive
  • Starfighter Repulsorlift Engine
  • Starfighter Manoeuvring Thrusters
  • Starfighter Communications Package
  • Starfighter Life Support System
  • Starfighter Inertial Dampeners
  • First Aid Package Suite
  • Two-Deck Configuration
  • Passenger & Cargo Configurations

9lv2K7W.png

ADVANCED SYSTEMS
  • Impervium-334 This material provides excellent protection against blasters and turbolasers, this material forms the hull and armour plating of the dropship.
  • Molecular Shield Generator: The I-7C Dropship is outfitted with a modular shield generator for added protection.
  • Chaff Defence System: This is deployed to interfere with systems that lock onto the ship using heat.
  • Smoke Cover System: This is deployed to provide cover for troops during disembarkment.
  • Remote-Controlled Dual-Turbolasers: The dropship has two dual-turbolasers, one on each wing, which are remotely controlled from the cockpit and require a crew member each. The heavy lasercannon is mounted on a fixed position below the cockpit and is controlled by the pilot.
  • Remote-Activated Missiles: Both interceptor missiles and assault missiles are remotely controlled by the co-pilot
  • Passenger & Cargo Configurations: The seats within the dropship can be removed to make space for cargo or vehicles, if necessary

9lv2K7W.png

STRENGTHS
  • Heavily Armoured: The I-7C Dropship is well defended with a number of strong metals, alloys and various other materials, this makes the dropship difficult to take down without heavy weaponry.
  • Two Deck Configuration: The I-7C Dropship consists of two decks, the upper deck contains the cockpit and seating whereas the lower deck contains a small first aid station and seating.
  • Well-Armed: The I-7C Dropship is armed well with a fixed heavy dual-lasercannon, two turreted light dual-turbolasers, one set of two missile pods with 12 missiles each and six anti-fighter interceptor missiles.

9lv2K7W.png

WEAKNESSES
  • EMP Vulnerability: Due to the large amount Impervium-334 and electronic systems on the ship, it is vulnerable against ion weapons and systems that disable electronics.
  • Large-Frame & Wingspan: The I-7C Dropship is a large craft, making it easier spot, harder to land and easier to shoot.
  • Sluggish: Due to the large size of the I-7C, it isn't as manoeuvrable as other dropships such as the Styx-Class.

acIF3fa.png

DESCRIPTION
In an environment where there is no respite in war, the I-7C is designed to provide consistent results in the deployment of troops, vehicles and cargo to and from the battlefield. The I-7C is an exceptionally useful dropship as it is both well defended and well armed, capable of devastating superpower if necessary. Requiring four crew members, the pilot, co-pilot, radio operator and flight engineer, to operate the dropship, they are well maintained by both the crew members and the engineers of the Eternal Fleet and Army.

Solely available to the Empire's military, the I-7C is a stark contrast to the Styx-Class Assault Dropship which is significantly lighter, smaller and less armed, although better for rapid or quieter deployments. The I-7C is much more suited to mass troop deployments and redeployments thanks to the armour, firepower and passenger capacity it can provide, however due to its large size it can be a big target for enemies to try and destroy.

The I-7C has several weapons at its disposal, firstly, a 'Heavy Small Dual-Laser Cannon' is fixed below the cockpit, operated by the pilot, two 'Light Small Dual-Turbolasers' are operated by the radio operator and flight engineer each and the missile systems are operated by the co-pilot. The majority of the systems within the dropship are electronic-based, therefore compared with the superconductivity of the Impervium-334 hull and armour plating, the dropship does not fare well against ion or electronic warfare weapons.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom