Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech KC-RV308 'Ravager' Assault Missile Pod

Status
Not open for further replies.
L5gOv0F.gif

milpix-20210608.jpg
zb7LOOL.gif

• Intent: To create a high-yield, mass-produced missile system for use on starships within the Eternal Fleet.
  • Image Source: Milpix’s Artstation | Headers by Kainan Wolfe
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions:
    Screenshot_20210901-074018_Discord.jpg
  • Primary Source: N/A
uFp621Y.gif

• Manufacturer: Karavin Concern
  • Affiliation: Eternal Empire (Includes all subfactions)
  • Market Status: Closed-Market
  • Model: KC-RV308 ‘Ravager’ Dual Assault Missile Pod
  • Modularity: Yes, Warhead Type
  • Production: Mass-Produced
  • Material:
lWRcwyQ.gif

• Classification: Dual Assault Missile Pod
  • Size: Average
  • Weight: Average
  • Ammunition Type: (12) Ravager Missiles per Pod (System comes in sets of 2 pods)
  • Ammunition Capacity: Large - Fairly easy to reload via internal tubes
  • Effective Range: Average
  • Rate of Fire: High
  • Damage Output: Low
  • Recoil: High
z0vmQ3z.png

N/A

3BrMiCv.gif

• High Yield: The Ravager missile system is capable of launching mass-swarms of ordnance at a time. If both pods are fired alternatingly, one could fire a near-constant volley of missiles until running out of compatible ordnance.
  • Seeker Ordnance: Each volley of Ravager missiles is capable of tracking its intended target despite changes in velocity or vector. This is done via a small tracking link module installed within the missile, which is linked to the tracking computer of its host ship.

saR3LUJ.gif

• Low Impact: Each individual Ravager missile carries a small explosive charge. One missile on its own would not do much damage on its own, but if fired en-masse, could damage shielding & armor paneling with enough concentrated fire.
  • Tracking Computer Reliant If linked with basic tracking computers, Ravager missiles are mainly effective in seeking/tracking starships of corvette class or above. More advanced tracking systems would grant the host craft sufficient ability for each missile to track standard-issue starfighters, although the best ordinance for such an application would be proximity explosive missiles to mimic the effect of flak-based weaponry. It should be noted that this weakness implies that should either the tracking module within the missile or the targeting computer within the firing ship be disrupted or otherwise compromised, the missiles would be little more than point to point munitions when fired, or if such disruption occurs mid-flight.

OQFX68u.gif

Furthering the initiative to continually modernize the armaments of the branches of the Eternal Empire’s armed forces, Karavin Concern developed a basic but effective assault-missile system for use aboard the Eternal Fleet’s starships. Filling the role of a multi-use missile platform that could be easily integrated aboard any class of starship, the Ravager Missile System is capable of providing mid-ranged, high-yield fire power which proves highly effective against mid to small sized craft.

Given the simplicity of its design and ready availability of required materials, one could easily expect to see the use of this new missile system on nearly all craft requiring a sizable punch without overly weighing it down. Said punch is delivered via sheer weight of fire in lieu of each individual missile carrying massive amounts of stopping power on its own, and the system is quite versatile given one could load a variety of specialized munitions to meet the situation. While extensively used within the Eternal Fleet, this is one of the few weapon systems approved for use on civilian craft within the Empire for self defense purposes.

Last edited:
Aximand Sicarus Aximand Sicarus High-yield, low-damage assault conc missiles. Fantastic. Everything looks great, but there's just one thing I wanted to clear up. Do you mind specifying what method your missiles use to track targets for the sake of clarity as far as countermeasures are concerned?
My bad, I thought I spelled it out in the 'weakness' of tracking computer reliant xD

Basically they are limited by whatever tracking computer you install within the ship.

Do you recommend I clarify that further in the writeup somehow?

Aximand Sicarus Aximand Sicarus Apologies, lost the notification.

So does this mean the missiles have no tracking capabilities of their own? So do they require some kind of link to the ship? If so, how does communications jamming affect them?

Very valid questions. I see what you mean now. I've edited the OP accordingly. Please see below for edited sections. Thanks for bearing with me. :)

• Seeker Ordnance: Each volley of Ravager missiles is capable of tracking its intended target despite changes in velocity or vector. This is done via a small tracking link module installed within the missile, which is linked to the tracking computer of its host ship.

• Tracking Computer Reliant If linked with basic tracking computers, Ravager missiles are mainly effective in seeking/tracking starships of corvette class or above. More advanced tracking systems would grant the host craft sufficient ability for each missile to track standard-issue starfighters, although the best ordinance for such an application would be proximity explosive missiles to mimic the effect of flak-based weaponry. It should be noted that this weakness implies that should either the tracking module within the missile or the targeting computer within the firing ship be disrupted or otherwise compromised, the missiles would be little more than point to point munitions when fired, or if such disruption occurs mid-flight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom