Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I <3 Korra

[member="Gilamar Skirata"] So much yes. By far one of my favorite animes man its soooooo good. This character has a little bit of Amon & Kuvira in her tbh lol. Who was your fav character watching the show? I think my fav baddie was certainly Amon and my fav goodie was probably Kai.

though Zaheer was pretty freaking awesome as well. But i felt i connected more with Amons cause than any of the others lol.

[member="Shepherd"]

I watched both, but am fans of both. I love the length and overall character of the original. They did so much with so little and i like how every book basically spanned the entire world. However, their struggle was one i've seen before. An unlikely rebellion against an Empire with the 'Chosen One' to lead them. Sounds familiar right? And who was the bad guy? ....Well, the Firelord and whatever temporary bad guys showed up every so many episodes. Zuko being the main before he was 'saved by the power of friendship' or whatever. But aside from that i really liked it, and would consider going back to watch it.

Korra dealt with a lot of 'real world' issues that kind of reflect upon our own society and gives you a lot to think about. Its certainly meant for a slightly 'mature' audience given how edgy it sometimes get. The antagonist of Korra are just plain memorable. All except for one of them at least, we don't talk about him. There are more characters to get invested into and overall just a lot more going on.

Both shows have their own feel and charm to them and in the end it just depends on what your into. Korra sticks out more to me because it deals with things i tend to think about every other day. While TLA is just a big fun adventure i can eat popcorn and enjoy without having to think to hard. lol.

Gilamar Skirata

The most important step is always the next one
Shepherd said:
More of an original Avatar fan
I was too, but I recently rewatched both consecutively and realized that as a semi-adult (Early/mid 20s) I definitely jive with Korra's story much more than Aang's and I think they did it that way on purpose. It was for fans who grew up with Avatar. Korra picked up where Aang's fans would have been age wise (around 18/19) and when it finished Korra and the Gang were all the same age as many of the original kids that watched Aang's story (Early/Mid 20s with Mako being the oldest by the end at like 23 or 24)

The Hound

T
Ben Carlin said:
Make your 2000th post memorable!
Oh snap! had to switch accounts. Save the post for the cool thing.

Ben Carlin said:
I would re-watch them both but I don't have Netflix or Hulu or anything
I would tell you where to watch it but I believe that's against the rules. Sorry :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom