Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Humble Paladins

Lucius Lunaris

L
.......Systems Online
Project Reticence Reactivated
Cryo Stasis Ended

Welcome Back Prince Lucius....​
Apologies for the long time on the freezer.....​
It's time for someone to revive the AI.....​
The kingdom has fallen.....​
The Emperor has died......​
The Princess' Location is unknown.....​
Pass Code: Fairytea...... Accepted​
Princess Located and Has been informed....​
Best of Luck.....​
Shutting Down to Standby mode till required again....​
Lucius blinked as he stepped out of the cryo pod. He then quickly threw up on the floor. By the force I hate cryo sleep, he thought to himself. He looked around at the room which had scorch mark from a hard fought battle on his behalf with several members of the praetorian guard laid out all over the room. The entrance was definitely locked with the lock blasted out. However there was batteries and casings littering the floor which crunched as Lucius walked across them. Removing the helmet of each guard he found all where dead. At least that was the case until he got to the last one not dressed in the usual praetorian gear instead in some unknown but highly advanced armour he hadn't come across before he was placed in cryo storage.

Removing the helmet the man ( [member="Lance Claw"] ) was certainly just still alive. "Hold still." Lucius said as he retrieved a medkit from the wall his force powers still very weak. The man smiled and nodded. "Very well prince. I know we don't know each other because I joined the AI after you went into cryo sleep but I am glad to see you alive." Lucius nodded. "Well at least we are both alive." The man would smile and say "Yeah thanks to the praetorians. Shame they all got killed by those dark side adapts." He would pull a the sword and scarab from his side placing it in the prince's lap as Lucius continued healing him. "This sword is for you, helps with pyrokinetics and accessing the force."

Lucius would nod buckling it to his belt finishing it turning back to the man. "Are you well enough to move? Also do you have at least some weapon other than this sword?" The man would smile. "Please my prince I always come with more weapons." Lightly tapping the pistol at his hip and his necklace. He would seem in pain as he got up but his hobbling would soon end as both the bacta from the kit and his own force powers kicked in finally. "Alrighty let's get a shuffle on."

[member="Lunara Azure"]​

It wasn't a world she'd ever thought she'd see again, Zernia had alway been a blue glistening gem in the black satin of space. A world filled with so many memories, the smile of her father's face when she'd made her very first home-made meal, she knew it had tasted horrible but he'd dutifully eaten it like it was the most perfect dish he'd ever tasted. That smile had never left his face even though she knew it must have made him want to throw up. It was where she'd first been tortured, first truly embraced the light. It was where she'd met her husband and where she'd lost him.

A world wrapped up in sadness, the smoke billowing up from the Imperial palace was still clearly visible from the window the the shuttle that had brought her down to the surface of the planet. She'd heard about the attack, the crew of the shuttle had warned her about what she was going to see...it was just...she hadn't expected it to be that bad. The palace to be that devestated. It had always seemed an untouchable ediface, the calm of the gardens and the sound of the waterfalls...only it wasn't anymore. THe illusion of safety had been shattered and the palace would never feel the same again.

For a second Luinara closed her eyes, letting hte memories wash over her, days having picnics under the trees in the orchard, sneaking into the artificial pools that dotted the estate or planning missions in teh war room. She'd moved on, had found a new place in the galaxy, but the palace hadalways been there in the back of her head, a safety net she could always retreat into, home. And now that was gone and she was left...raw,, without her safety net it almost felt like the galaxy was a darker place. Crystal blue eyes snapped open as she heard movement, an aubrun-haired man rounding the corner as her lips pressed together in a frown.

"So...this is him?"

[member="Lucius Lunaris"]

Lucius Lunaris

L
Moving carefully through the building both Lucius and [member="Lance Claw"] carefully made their way through corpses of soldiers, civilians, scientist and those of the enemy. Sith spawn, Dark side adepts, even a few knights but no lords of whoever had attacked. They were holding back part of their force. Why not make a decisive blow Lucius though It would be so easy to kill me and destroy the AI now. He kept this thought as they continued through Lucius carefully taking some weapons from the dead and closing the eyes of those lost.

When he rounded the corner he saw a woman with white hair and blue eyes. Lance immediately went to her "Princess I didn't think you would make it back. We wanted to keep you away where you would be safe from this level of destruction." His eyes dipping down to the side. "They all died. The emperors last words were save him." He looked dispontent for a time as Lucius watched and heard "So...this is him?. He had never seen this person before and he knew that he hadn't been in cryo sleep long enough for her to have been born and be a bloodline member of the royal family. She must have married his little brother. The one chosen for the throne over him due to his connection to the force. He gripped his fist and let it go, this wasn't the way he had been taught.

He took a moment to recompose before turning to face the princess. "I can speak and have a voice. I would much rather you directed any questions about me too me. For someone who married by younger brother you are surprisingly have almost no manners when talking to people. Especially family members even if they are through marriage. So to answer your question yes I am the older prince Lucius Lunaris. I took my own unique last name so that none of our enemies would know of my existence until I was released under project reticence."

He rubbed his eyes again and yawned. "I have been on cryo for the last 10ish years under my fathers orders as I was weaker in the force than my younger brother who you knew and married. There's a number of things under project reticence that we neither have the time nor the safety to explain. Unfortunately my honour guards revival process will take another at least half an hour but I can assure you once the venerable paladins are released they will join us in the process to save this planet. Until then what knowledge do we have of this enemy?"

Lance would step forward and pull out a holoprojector. "What we know is the palace has fallen and there are pockets of resistance across the city. Most of the prateroian guard and the military have fallen. The order of the leaf has been nearly destroyed. The order of the wave has managed to assist most hospitals with what's left of the order of the flame protecting these locations. The order of shadows has gone dark and nothing has come in or out of their compound since they were hit first. The enemy knew where are weaknesses were and how to use them quickly. There have been no responses from any of our allies except [member="Tom Taff"] who is sending what forces he can to assist us but this could take way too long to get here and we don't know if we are being blockaded or not although hopefully the princess does unless they wanted to get everyone in one place."

[member="Lunara Azure"]

Blue eyes flicked up and down Lucius's frame, the ice-cold gaze examining and judging him before Lunara dropped into a slight curtsey, sarcasm dripping from her voice as she dipped her head into an abortive bow. Really, this stranger was going to lecture her on her behaviour after he'd just woken into this nightmare that she'd been living ever since she'd first got the messages from home.

"Oh, I'm so sorry your majesty, I can see that your younger brother got all the charm as well as force powers in the family."

It wasn't like she had been that fond of the nobility of Zernia, or well most of it anyway. From the first day she'd arrived at the imperial palace she'd been met with nothing but hostility and cold shoulders by almost all of the nobility, yet she wouldn't have wished a fate like this on them in a million years. And the Emperor and Empress, they'd never been anything but kind to her, even when she was new at the palace they'd gone out of their way to make sure she felt welcome. She knew now that might have been part of their plan, but it didn't make her any less grateful for their kindness. They'dd always been there for her, that safety net that existed beneath her for whenever she wanted it, a safe home she could return to and loose herself in whenever she needed it. Only that was gone now, lost to the dark as so much else about her planet.

"There's no blockade so to speak, there's no need for one really.There's nothign left of the fleet or space station in orbit worth the name and without the palace, without holding the city we can't do much of anything about it. What fleet elements still remain have retreated to the edge of the system. No-one challenged me on my way down, btuy why should they? It makes sense for them to want us on the ground where their forces are the strongest."

[member="Lucius Lunaris"]

Lucius Lunaris

L
Lucius stood there looking at the princess Lunara Azure Lunara Azure for some time mulling over what she had said. After a very long time he finally spoke still looking at her. "Your right unfortunately my brother did get everything which is why it is a massive shame that he is believed dead at this point. I would much rather he rule this planet, this cluster. The people would listen to him. Unfortunately with my revival, we know my father the emperor is dead. Long may his soul rest after leaving this coil. However we do not know if the prince is dead or not." He said turning to Lance Claw who was shaking his head.

"No the prince is dead. I watched as him and his body guards were ripped apart in the most brutal fashion I have ever seen. The buck falls to you. The princess is very correct though they currently control the ground enough they don't need to be worried about ships landing. Ships leaving planet might have more of an issue but with the navy scattered their is no point in even bothering holding the planet with much of a blockade. They don't want to burn the planet. They wish to rule it."

Lucius looked down towards the holomap in front of him "Slag a thousand hutts. I can't do what the prince could have. The people won't remember me, the whole point of this project was so I would be able to save the next in line for the throne. The prince is gone and I can't take it. I have already forsaken any title when I went into cryo sleep and when I was made into what I am. Since we won't be going anywhere until we can wake up the rest of the project you may as well both learn what is actually going on."

He fell silent for a moment as tears ran down his face still thinking of his brothers face how bright and cheerful he had been as a child. Now he was dead but they still had a princess who would be next in line. "Alright to put it simply Princess you are now Empress for all intensive purposes until the crisis is over and the people can select either you or a new noble family to take the banner of ruler ship. As the Empress I must fully explain to you to purposes of the project me and my fellow paladins were placed through."

"To begin with we are all volunteers so anything you think is a bit over the top remember we did this knowing the full outcome and in an effort to support our emperor as well as the nation itself should anything ever arise such as today. The paladins are all genetically force altered by some of the best masters within the clergy of light to amplify our force powers along with several other of our abilities including strength and the like. However in doing so we are more susceptible to force nexus' both light and dark. So we forsake any titles and are treated outside of the chain of command so as if we are overtaken by the dark we cannot turn on those we had promised to protect."
Lucius would say wiping his eyes and standing up. "Feel free to ask any more questions while we wait on the others to be revived."

"I don't want him to rule the planet...I just want him to be here."

The wound was still fresh, raw, still, a pain that consumed her every thought and every breath. Every heartbeat and memory consumed by her loss and regret. Regret that she'd not been there to help, to fight alongside her husband. To have saved him. To have died alongside him, instead of living in this half-life. This ghost of an existence. This constant half-life of ghosts and memories that haunted her every moment. The white-haired woman turned away, one hand coming up to press her hand against her collarbone, feeling the cool touch of the ring nestled against her skin.

Crystal blue eyes flicked up to stare at Lucius, a gaze as cold as ice, a mask to hide the anguish and pain that consumed her. They wanted to make her empress...they wanted to put her in charge of this mess. This planet that had consumed everything she loved and cared about, leaving behind ashes and death. They wanted to look to her for leadership, for guidance...she who no longer had the ability to care about anything, about this planet and its people.

"Questions?"

The woman's voice was soft, the force around her stilling, an ocean of calm, the surface of a pool covered by ice. The very air around her seemed to still, her breath frosting as the temperature plummeted, frost spreading along the ground around her. The woman took a step forward, the frost cracking beneath her feet as the aura of cold swept over her companions.

"Questions...I have only one. How long until you can kill them all?"

Lucius Lunaris

Lucius Lunaris

L
Lucius wouldn't say anything understanding why she felt the way she did. He also wished his brother was here not to rule but because he was his brother. A man he never got to watch grow up properly all because his dad decided in his infinite wisdom that sending his weaker older son into cryo sleep and injecting him full of who knows what. Yes Lucius had agreed of his own free will but even still who would wish this kind of thing on their own kid.

He felt the air around him growing cold as the newly crowned empress appeared to be affecting the environment in-spite of clearly having no intentions too. As his breath went into the frosted air he thought about her question pulling up a quick holo on the condition of everyone coming out of cryo. Most were out of cryo just finishing up waking up. However one or two appeared to be having complications in waking up and would take at least another 10 to 20 minutes to continue reviving. He would have to work without them this time.

Lucius would look up again breathing out heavily into the frost "Three minutes. We get kitted up, finishing waking up, then we go a hunting." He looked down again as he waited the next words from the new empress hopefully she would find the time acceptable because he was going by their own personal bests not necessarily how they would respond today.

Lunara Azure Lunara Azure

"You have 5 minutes, then I want to leave and I want to hear the first screams."

If she never had to come back to this place, this bunker then it would be too soon for the young woman. Just being on the planet was too hard too painful for her. Each breath felt like she was being dragged over broken glass, the shards tearing at her flesh and her mind as a small shudder ran through her frame. This planet had once been home, had been safe, a port of call in the face of a galaxy of pain and death. Never-changing, never failing to wrap her in its warm embrace whenever she returned home.

Only now...now that embrace wasn't warm and comforting, it was the cold skeletal touch of death. She'd never be able to see that small half-grin the emperor had favoured her with when made a good move at chess. The mothering of his wife as she bustled around the kitchen preparing snacks, never a servant in the quarters. She'd never be able to hear that laugh, the smell of sweat as her husband stumbled into their rooms after his latest bout of training with the guards...that training normally involving getting drunk and wrestling in the practice yard.

She was left with memories, with these Paladins and their leader, the palest imitation of what she'd lost. She'd give it all up, see the entire planet washed in blood for just one last embrace, the sound of a laugh. As powerful as she was though even that was beyond her. Empress, an empty title, but one she'd drive down the throats of these Paladins, of the Acolytes. This planet had taken everything from her, and she would reply in kind. A sea of blood to wash away the memories, her first and final act as Empress, to cleanse the planet and herself before she left. There was nothing for her here anymore.

Lucius Lunaris

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom