Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Humbarine [Tmoxin Temi]

| [member="Tmoxin Temi"] |

In a seminal life Ella had once met with a woman called Tmoxin Temi. In those days she had been the head of a small technology and foodstuffs firm from Chandrila who had a lot of potential for future expansion. She had met with Tmoxin to sign a deal where Chandrila Group would supply her sports complex with foodstuffs for customers to buy as they enjoyed the various forms of entertainment put on show. It had been a good deal which Ella had wanted to use later on as a means to recruit Tmoxin into her plans. But then Dxun had happened and her life had been changed.

Years after the death of Alicia Drey Ella had made contact with Tmoxin again, this time in the disguise of a Senator from Humbarine rather than the businesswoman she had been beforehand. She hadn't made reference to their previous dealings during the call as that would have revealed that she had once been Alicia and that would have exposed her true identity to the New Republic. Instead she had made an offer for a relationship that would prove beneficial for both parties.

As the newly elected representative of Humbarine, Ella had a degree of influence and control over the planets affairs. Politically Humbarine was aligned to the Republic, mostly due to the fact that it had not wanted to join the Mandalorian Empire and had maintained distrust of the Silver Jedi since the days of the Old Republic where they had effectively abandoned the war against the One Sith to begin their own faction. Joining the New Republic would allow them to keep some sign of sovereignty whilst enjoying the protection of the Republic's military in case of invasion or other forms of threat, both foreign and domestic. It made sense to join.

But that didn't mean that Humbarine's ambition had to be curbed. There were opportunities that had arisen with them joining the New Republic and having an elected official representing them in their Senate. This was where Tmoxin had come in. The two were set to meet in her chambers inside the Humbarine Council offices in District One to discuss terms of Humbarine representing Confederacy interests in the New Republic.

Resting on her desk was the Pendant of Aay'han on top of a busk reminiscent of a Human chest. In her left ear she had an experimental piece of technology that she had activated prior to the meeting. Prepared and ready to meet with Tmoxin Ella waited for her arrival.

It was rare that Tmoxin Temi traveled to the Core. Her last visit north had taken her to Hapes where she’d re-established the Hapan Heritage Council, a group of hardliners whose existence was to protect Hapes’s historical culture and roots. Her sister Tha’ga was currently and quietly running the Council with the redhead Dark Jedi pulling the strings from beyond. She’d honestly thought that during her life, she would be more involved on Coruscant, or another Deep Core planet, but after a stint under house arrest on Anaxes, fate had its own plans. And she’d not ventured back in quite awhile.

But as Tmoxin traveled to Humbarine, she grew intrigued by the prospect of landing a lucrative trade agreement with one of the largest manufacturing hubs in the Core, one between the New Republic and the Confederacy, starting with interplanetary interests and perhaps widening from there.

Stepping out of the Sovereign Stingray, her much beloved luxury yacht, the red haired Hapan hadn’t changed much since her last foray into this area of the galaxy. Wearing a black and gold gown hand-sewn by a tailor on Ta’a Chume’Dan, Tmoxin was to meet with Senator Nova, somewhere in the capital of the politician’s choosing to discuss business.

This will be a good distraction from events of late, she mused, recalling her recent breakup with the Viceroyal of Siskeen and her hope that they would rekindle. But until then, each day advanced like it had before, ambition did not dull, and despite her occasional melancholia, the Hapan had always been good compartmentalizing business and pleasure.

[member="Ella Nova"]

Ella was reading a dossier about new legislation that was being passed in District Three when there was a knock on her chamber door. "Come in," she said idly whilst stacking the flimsipast of reports back together and setting them aside on her desk. She lifted her gaze to see who was entering. It had been a long time since she had last seen Tmoxin, not that the Blood Monarch would know that they had once met before in a seminal life. She had red hair now, but was still as beautiful as the last time they had met, and still carried the air of importance that she had liked.

Once upon a time Ella had secretly coveted the desire to make Tmoxin her Sith Apprentice, and now that the two were in the same room as each other, that same desire was still there, she realised. If this meeting went well then Ella would subtly test whether there was such potential between the two. Did she have the necessary qualities needed to become her apprentice? Would she carry forth the Sith imperative after Ella passed away?

But for now Ella and Tmoxin were just two semi-influential figures in a galactic game of chess, each manoeuvring what they could in their own way to get what they wanted. Rising up to her feet Ella greeted Tmoxin. "Welcome to Humbarine, Ms. Tmoxin. I am Ella Nova. Thank you for accepting the invitation of the Humbarine Council."

Senator Nova’s office was not too hard to find in the Humbarine capital, and soon Tmoxin found herself in front of the woman’s door. Right away, the redhead was impressed. She had the kind of good looks and style that another Hapan would admire. And there was something familiar about her, but the Dark Jedi could not put her finger on it.

“Of course, I’m delighted to meet your acquaintance,” Tmoxin said, slightly gushing but in that faux pleasant way that two dignitaries might.

She sat opposite to Senator Nova, crossing her long legs, exposing a pale ankle, feet in brocaded slippers that resembled a dancer’s ballet shoe.

“This is my first time to Humbarine and I’m very impressed. The planet has much to offer, and I’m interested to hear about all of your plans. And how Lok can help.”

Tmoxin was the Viceroyal of Lok, and though she was influential within the Confederacy, she may not be able to make a wholesale deal on their behalf. However she could certainly make an agreement, trade or otherwise, on behalf of the planet on which she ruled. Having the ear of the Queen, Hapes was also a location that could stand to profit from Humbarine’s grace and protection and vice versa.

Obviously unaware of Ms. Nova’s true desire, if the subject of the Sith came up, Tmoxin had opinionated views and specific history with them going back to 846 ABY when the One Sith finally infiltrated the Core and drove out the New Republic only to retreat quickly after the rise of the Alliance. By that time, the Hapan was firmly entrenched in the Southern Systems, building her companies and recovering her lost fortune. But her memories of the Sith were not overly pleasant as she'd viewed that part of her life as somewhat of a failure, despite her many military victories.

[member="Ella Nova"]

Ella cupped her hands in a thoughtful way as she regarded the Hapan woman. Even now, as she held her concentration so as to hide her Force-sensitivity from Tmoxin, she could tell that much had happened to her since they had met all those years ago during a business conference Tmoxin had arranged at some holiday resort Ella had forgotten the name of. She didn't know much about the woman, other than the suggestion from Serj Sularis- a Muun banker from the InterGalactic Banking Clan who had worked with Ella for years- suggesting that she reach out back then.

When Serj suggested something to you you ought to take it on board and give it considerable thought. Though much time had passed between then and now, Ella still held the same feelings that she had first garnered back then when the two had made a deal for some Acavus Cruisers and a supply of foodstuffs to one of Tmoxin's sport complexes. There was something about the woman that told Ella that she should attempt to bring her into the complexities of her own schemes.

Beyond the recommendations of a Muun, Ella could feel that the Force was strong with Tmoxin. In that sense she was jealous that the Hapan didn't have to hide her powers from others, as Ella had been trained to do.

Smiling, Ella turned her gaze to the nearby window, where speeders and cars were passing by. "I earned citizenship to Humbarine some years ago during my time in the Republic military. I was glad to return too it and start my life again here. I was even glader when the Council elected me their representative in the New Republic."

Ella knew that Tmoxin was the Viceroyal of Lok. Serj had provided a detailed report about her at Ella's request a week ago when the two had conversed about a matter of concern on Formos, which Ella had just returned from dealing with. Turning her gaze from the window back to Tmoxin, Ella said: "I confess that I do not know much about Lok. I heard that there wasn't there in the form of commerce, save for deposits of sulfur. Humbarine has no interest in trading for the stuff."

"I have been given permission by the Council to represent Humbarine in this meeting as a trade negotiator, so if you think that Lok does has something else to offer then we should be interested to hear it. I confess, however, that it is your connections to the Confederacy which is what interests my superiors. I can explain."

"At this moment in time the New Republic is small. Humbarine was accepted as a member of the Republic due to it's historical connections as a founder to the Old Republic, and as a means to protect itself from the threat posed by the Mandalorian Empire and Silver Jedi. In terms of protection my leaders are satisfied with how the Republic has treated us, but from an economical stand point we find it lacking."

"The Muuns told us that you were a great businesswoman and entrepreneur who could help facilitate new trade agreements in the Confederacy, as well as bring your own business interests to Humbarine. We would like your help to make Humbarine very rich, Ms. Temi."

It was true that Tmoxin didn’t need to hide who she was anymore and also just how strong the Force had become within her. In fact, she often flaunted it when the moment allowed. But not today as there was no need to assert dominance or enact some insecure display of power.

Due to her Hapan nature she often felt more equal with a woman than a man, and that was no exception with Senator Nova.

“Lok has very little in terms of valuable natural resources. It’s why I built my Imperial base there so long ago. And there it stood for years without interference because the planet was so inhospitable and unpleasant. Now it’s a tourist hub with the Morpho Sports Center with our shockball bowls and swoop bike tournaments.”

Tmoxin had realized long ago that Lok was not a desirable bargaining chip. Kamino on the other hand might be. Either way Senator Nova was not interested in mundane trade between worlds, but a larger type of agreement which would open up a wider exchange path.

The redhead nodded, a slash of sunlight from the nearby window falling over her freckled face.

“My sphere of influence encompasses not only Lok, but Kamino and Bothawui. Also Hapes. Would those planets be a good start?” To engage the full space of the Confederacy, she may need to have the Viceroyal council vote upon it, but to start, Tmoxin felt confident she could offer an acceptable start-up plan to Ms. Nova.

[member="Ella Nova"]

Ella nodded, remembering the Morpho Sports Complex now. She wondered if the produce supplied by Chandrila Group was still being supplied, but she thought better than to ask seeing as that connected parts of her seminal life to her current one. Folding one leg over the other and leaning backwards, Ella nodded and replied: "We have heard of your sports complex and swoop bike tournaments. Lok is an interesting planet to host such events. Humbarine could be another venue for swoop bike tournaments. I know that Commenor was where swoop bikes were most popular, and the New Republic recently assisted in it's liberation from Imperial occupation. There could be something there and I know that the governor from District Six has recently had some space become available. I could put in a word for you if you were interested in bringing your sports venture to our city."

"But I confess I am a little ignorant about what Kamino, Bothawui and Hapan could bring in the form of trade. I know that the Kaminoians are famous cloners, and that Hapan is a very wealthy world with importance, but I do not know about about them from a trade point of view. What could you suggest?"

“A sports event on Humbarine sounds like a great PR move, Ms. Nova,” Tmoxin said, shifting in the comfortable chair. “Color me interested.”

Brown eyes sparkling with the promise of opportunity, the redhead continued: “Hapes is famous for its wealth and proximity to Gallinore gems as well as cutting edge technology. Same with Kamino, though cloning is our primary export.”

Examining her datapad for a moment and then looking back up at the captivating politician the Dark Jedi finally said: “Ms. Nova I’m thinking of holding a soiree at my ranch on Bothawui. All of the Confederacy Viceroyals will be there and I think it will be a perfect opportunity to socialize and find out just what other trade opportunities are out there through the Southern Systems.”

“Does that work for you?”

[member="Ella Nova"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom