Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hryllaska

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mauda

fe3784607c7b53e49c31c1a5383e9ee8.jpg

OOC INFO

Intent: To expand Skism Fauna and populate The Rupture

Image Source: Pinterest

Canon: No

Primary Source: None

GENERAL INFO

Name: Hryllaska

Designation: Semi-sentient

Origins: Skism / Natural Evolution influenced by Dark Side

Average Lifespan: 30 GSY

Estimated Population: 50 million / Planetary

Description: A scrawny, hunched terror that can often be seen traversing the Rupture's ashlands at incredible speeds

PHYSICAL INFO

Breathes: Type I

Average Height: 2.01m - 2.1m (Stood straight)

Average Length: 65cm

Skin Colour: Green / Light brown

Hair Colour: None

Distinctions:
  • 4 Fingers
  • Flesh is extremely tightly bound with stature being generally skinny and compressed. An evolutionary feature that allows the Hryllaska to survive the intense heat of The Rupture
  • Limbs are very long and never without considerable tone. These limbs are most often used in fours to traverse the Ashlands, though it is not rare to see Hryllaska walking or running on their hind legs
  • Large, long auditory organs protrude from the head. The sensitivity of these ear-like extremities allow the Hryllaska to bypass the regular seismic activity and sense vibrations made by prey under the ash. Their long, thin fingers allow deep and precise access to burrowing creatures
  • The Evolution of the Hryllaska was heavily influenced by the Dark Side. Most Rupture inhabitants were bred from the Schism that created The Rupture over 4,000 years ago. Owing to the nature of what created the Schism, the eyes of the Hryllaska are like biological Life-form sensors. Anything living glows with particular effect while the environment takes on a dull, limited set of colours.

Races: Hryllistall

Force Sensitivity: Naturally Dark Side and very common, however is never used to any true extent due to semi-sentience

Strengths

Nyoom: Hryllaska have powerful limbs that allow them to traverse their environments at incredible speeds, averaging up to 30-40mph

Sensitive Ears: Hryllaska can sense auditory discrepancies with an accuracy down to the drop of a pebble in a cave under its feet

Life-Detecting Eyes: Hryllaska and Hryllistall eyes are attuned to the life-force of living beings, able to see even buried life as long as there is any semblance of exposed body

Powerful Arms: Although mostly used to carefully dig into Ash, the natural strength of a Hryllaska's thin arms can make for a formidable foe

Weaknesses

Thin - Hryllaska have extremely tightly bound flesh. Many organs can be found mere centimetres from the surface of their flesh. Hryllaska have made popular hunting game due to their susceptibility to blaster wounds

*In the voice of Kazoo Kid*, What ARE You? - Droids and other lifeless entities will confuse and avoid attack from Hryllaska and Hryllistall due to their lack of noticeable life. Individuals powerful in the Force can also avoid attack or attention from Hryllaska by shrouding their life-force

CULTURE

Diet:
  • Hryllaska and Hryllistall will devour flesh and bone wherever they find it. This is most often confined to the small prey they find under the ash/within the caverns. However, many S'kiss have lost their lives to failed hunting, with the only thing left after eating being rejected Cybernetics.

Communication: Complex variables in clicks growls and screams

Technology Level: N/A

Religion/Beliefs: N/A

General Behaviour:
  • Parental care is very primitive. Food needs are met and protection of infants is aggressive

• Hostile to other species

• Hryllaska bury themselves deep into the Ash. This is done to mitigate heat exhaustion and provide a relatively safe shelter
HISTORICAL INFO

Over 4000 years ago, the scourge of the outer rim, Darth Nihilus made his first attempt at the consumption of a planet's living inhabitants. This effort was met by destructive failure that resulted in the coalescence of his power on the surface of the planet. So unstable and destructive was his appetite that it tore a gash across almost half of Skism's surface and throwing the Planet's seismic rhythms out of stability.

Like a Terentatek, many creatures that inhabited the region were heavily influenced by the Dark Side. Their evolution saw natural affinity to the Force and extremely hostile behaviours. One such creature is the Hryllaska, or Ash Terror in the Skist tongue. These formerly docile, carnivorous beasts have evolved to become aggressive, formidable creatures that roam the Rupture's ashlands in search of food to maintain their extreme Metabolism. In the wake of the Rupture's formation, their flesh has evolved to become extremely tightly bound to their bodies to maximise heat loss.

[member="Orex Mauda"]

Hello,

It's good to see you adding to Skism. Anything that gives a custom planet more life and flavor is a wonderful things. There are just a few notes...

1.) You mention "The Rupture" in the Intent so be sure to provide a Link to it. You can link it there, or, you can place it in the Links section.

2.) The same thing for the "S'kiss" - Be sure to Link it.

3.) The "History" holds a lot of information about "Darth Nihilus" but these details seem to be missing from other Submissions, like, the Rupture. If you are referring to the formation of The Rupture you should be specific there. I've seen details that allude to some dark force like the "Mask" on Skism but it doesn't specifically say who/what it is in regards to in the sub anymore. To make sure that the "History" in this sub makes sense you might want to detail a little more how it links together.

In the Hryllistall submission it looks like these creatures are an offshoot of them? It would be a good idea to mention that somewhere here if it's the case and link them as needed/

Tag me when you've taken a look, or, let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

Note: If you're referencing other submissions you've made in a sub - You should link them. Even if it's just under the links section.

Mauda

[member="Srina Talon"]

Thank you for the reminder :D

Yeh while I occupy myself with the Lore sub and another Codex sub, this can be pre-codex (Same for the other). Thanks again.

Good Morning [member="Orex Mauda"]

As per the pre-codex rules, which can be found here, submissions may remain in the pre-codex for a month before they are archived. This submission, however, has exceeded that time limit.

Could you please update us on the status of this submission? Will you be working on it and making it ready for live judging soon, or would you prefer that we archive the submission until you have more time to work on it?

Mauda

[member="John Locke"]

Move both species to live. Reminder that I'm as good as gone for the forseeable future so don't expect me to respond to anything. Just happened to be passing and caught this. Goodbye for now :)

[member="Orex Mauda"]

This submission doesn't seem to have any of the requested linking or adjustments. No edits have been made since before my initial reply (7/21/2019).

I see that you're not going to be around for the foreseeable future? And won't be responding? If that's the case I can archive these submissions and you can request that they be pulled back to live judging when you return. Please let me know how you would like to proceed if you happen to see this. If not, the submission will be archived in a few days time for inactivity.

Mauda

[member="Srina Talon"]

You can archive them. I'll still pop in every now and then just to check for any messages (such as this)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom