Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Howdy!

Heya! Nice to meet all of you. I can't wait to start my adventure here! I did have a few questions I want to ask before I begin on my bio if that's okay.

Can you use art you don't own as a face claim/pfp, such as an image from Google.

Can you use Canon characters in your back story.

This is a specific one, can your character be someone who has been in cryofreeze since the times of the Empire.

Where is the easiest place to read up on all the lore here.

I hope these questions aren't stupid or annoying, and I won't be offended if you feel that way. Thanks again!

- Maxine

Max Taylor Max Taylor

Welcome, welcome, welcome. To answer your queries, here goes.

1. Yes. You don't have to own art or a face claim to use it. I personally use Brad Pitt and edited images of Christoph Waltz.

2. No. I don't think there's any firm rules on it, but given this site takes place 800ish years since the Battle of Yavin it'd be a stretch. Plus, and this is more a general consensus, it'd considered tacky and uncouth. You can't have a canonical last name (Mandalorians being an exception) so I wouldn't push my luck.

3. Sure. There have even been a series of Clone Troopers who've been frozen since the Clone Wars. So it isn't too far of a stretch. You're not the first nor will you likely be the last.

4. I'd suggest reading the timeline to get yourself in the know for the general timeline of Chaos. But if you find a faction, I'd also suggest sliding into their discord and seeing how they work. Because, each faction is different re Lore etc.

Hope that's helped,

Carlyle.

Max Taylor Max Taylor

Welcome, welcome, welcome. To answer your queries, here goes.

1. Yes. You don't have to own art or a face claim to use it. I personally use Brad Pitt and edited images of Christoph Waltz.

2. No. I don't think there's any firm rules on it, but given this site takes place 800ish years since the Battle of Yavin it'd be a stretch. Plus, and this is more a general consensus, it'd considered tacky and uncouth. You can't have a canonical last name (Mandalorians being an exception) so I wouldn't push my luck.

3. Sure. There have even been a series of Clone Troopers who've been frozen since the Clone Wars. So it isn't too far of a stretch. You're not the first nor will you likely be the last.

4. I'd suggest reading the timeline to get yourself in the know for the general timeline of Chaos. But if you find a faction, I'd also suggest sliding into their discord and seeing how they work. Because, each faction is different re Lore etc.

Hope that's helped,

Carlyle.

I appreciate the help and the welcome! The Canon character in the back story would be a small mention and would tie into the cryo frozen character, but if its considered a no I won't include it, thank you so much for the assistance!

- Maxine

Max Taylor Max Taylor

Ah alright. That should be all good. It's just when you start going around saying stuff like, "And he was totally Obi Wan's best friend" or something like that. But a mention in more of the abstract? You're golden.

I have an awful obsession with Thrawn. And the character I am considering making would be a Chiss TIE pilot who ended up frozen, so as a Chiss in the Empire I would want to include him in my back story, typing it all out makes me feel somewhat silly though! I've never done anything like this before!

- Maxine

Max Taylor Max Taylor

Well, if you're looking for imperial stuff you have a few flavours.

The Sith Empire, who are more like, evil, evil. And they do like, evil, evil stuff. But they're like the Sith Empire of KOTOR in aesthetic.

Then you've got the New Imperial Order, who are less evil on account of them fighting the Sith over it. But they're like, lawful evil, or neutral. They skim the line IMO. But these guys are the Galactic Empire type aesthetic, but with like a sort of Rebel Alliance type flair IMO.

And then there's the First Order. Who are some mighty fine folks who aren't on the map per se, but they're kicking around doing neat story stuff. And as far as Empires on Chaos go, were one of the bigger ones.

Max Taylor Max Taylor

Well, if you're looking for imperial stuff you have a few flavours.

The Sith Empire, who are more like, evil, evil. And they do like, evil, evil stuff. But they're like the Sith Empire of KOTOR in aesthetic.

Then you've got the New Imperial Order, who are less evil on account of them fighting the Sith over it. But they're like, lawful evil, or neutral. They skim the line IMO. But these guys are the Galactic Empire type aesthetic, but with like a sort of Rebel Alliance type flair IMO.

And then there's the First Order. Who are some mighty fine folks who aren't on the map per se, but they're kicking around doing neat story stuff. And as far as Empires on Chaos go, were one of the bigger ones.

I will see how it goes! I can't imagine this Chiss will be happy waking up to hundreds of years of news! I will begin putting my bio together when I get home from work! Is there anything you would personally recommend, such as ideas for the cryo freeze or including Thrawn in the backstory, anything helps! Thank you!

- Max

Could be your Chiss' cryo unit fails, while in deep sleep on Bastion, former Sith capitol. Planet just got uh, besieged by the New Imperials, who took it in a bloody battle about a few IC weeks ago. But that'd be a good starting point. Plenty of old Legends Imperial Remnant stuff kicking around there. Have your pilot be maybe an adjuctant, or volunteer from the Chiss Defence Force, who served under Thrawn's tenure as leader of the Imperial Remnant or was inspired to join what remained of the Galactic Empire because of him.

Just one example. I'm spitballing. In any case, you have yourself a good time on this joint.

Max Taylor Max Taylor

Could be your Chiss' cryo unit fails, while in deep sleep on Bastion, former Sith capitol. Planet just got uh, besieged by the New Imperials, who took it in a bloody battle about a few IC weeks ago. But that'd be a good starting point. Plenty of old Legends Imperial Remnant stuff kicking around there. Have your pilot be maybe an adjuctant, or volunteer from the Chiss Defence Force, who served under Thrawn's tenure as leader of the Imperial Remnant or was inspired to join what remained of the Galactic Empire because of him.

Just one example. I'm spitballing. In any case, you have yourself a good time on this joint.

Max Taylor Max Taylor

I appreciate the ideas and the help! I rather like what you've given me there so I'll probably use and adapt onto it, does Thrawn in this canon follow Disney Zahn or Original Zahn canon?

- Max

Max Taylor Max Taylor

That's where Chaos gets a bit weird, because the site doesn't distinguish between either. You can use Legends or the Disney stuff. Doesn't really matter. So if you want to go down a route in the Disney-centric type stuff? Sure. No one would think less of you for it.

But me personally? I always preferred Thrawn as the Space Napoleon, who almost kicked the New Republic outta the Core.

Max Taylor Max Taylor

That's where Chaos gets a bit weird, because the site doesn't distinguish between either. You can use Legends or the Disney stuff. Doesn't really matter. So if you want to go down a route in the Disney-centric type stuff? Sure. No one would think less of you for it.

But me personally? I always preferred Thrawn as the Space Napoleon, who almost kicked the New Republic outta the Core.

I adore Original Zahn a lot more, but I feel for the sake of the character I won't make any obvious nods to either, I think it may just be a sentence such as "She served under Thrawn's command during the time she spent with the Empire" to keep things simple and to give the main back story a place to shine. Thank you again! (I currently own all the Thrawn books, I love them so much! He is my favourite!) I feel like this is one advantage of being set so far in the future, as one story could be the true one, and the other story could be rumours, but the history is so old.

- Maxine

"Her entire existence terrifies me to no end"
I LOOOVE Thrawn books- I also own all of them ;)

Yes- a good benefit. I have a slicer from the Clone Wars who was stuck until now and I really enjoy using her- so a great concept as always.

May the Force be with youon your Chaos journey

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom