Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion How would you buff Bounty Hunting?

Siv Dragr started out as your run of the mill Bounty Hunting Mandalorian. Not that he's really changed, but just placing some context.

That being said, I think it's fair enough to say that the Bounty Board is fairly dead. That could be for a number of reasons -- lack of interest in general, #tefshadowbannedbountyboard conspiracy theories, etc. but for the sake of conversation let's say that Bounty Hunting on the board could stand to be given some upgrades and general QOL improvement. I'm not saying that this is the one thing holding it back, but would be nice regardless to see them happen.

That being said, I'd love to first get a brainstorm going of what people think would be good ideas before it gets piled into a somewhat comprehensible suggestion post. If you have an idea, no matter how crazy or minor it may seem to you, launch 'em here.

Vesta

V
Most people don't do anything that results in a bounty being made because usually anyone who would earn a bounty is the heads of state of a given faction, so the general way of dealing with that is through an invasion. Or series of invasions. et cetera. (and to clarify, I mean most of the people who bother people enough to warrant the effort to make a post in the bounty boards, not people who might do some kind of crime or something.)

If you want to get more engagement there, get people to post more bounties and then convince people to go after those bounties rather than handling everything themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vrun Ryssic

V
I currently have two open in which I'm communicating via PM's to organize threads for the hunt.

Bounty Hunting however is a part of Chaos that has somewhat taken the backseat from what I've noticed. Perhaps incentives are needed not only for hunters but for employers putting out the contracts, Bounty Hunters being exempt from Invasion Sign-Up's or able to "invade" threads that otherwise have limitations such as Faction Threads and such.

I don't have any specific ideas yet, and I'm just spitballin' here, but I'll give it some thought as I've really been feeling the muse for getting this character going. The Bounty Hunters Guild is a faction that could be good to see some sort of activity/action again too.

Bounty Hunters Code: Click Here.
  • NO Bounty Is Worth Dying For.
  • People Don't Have Bounties, Only Acquisitions Have Bounties.
  • Capture By Design, Kill By Necessity.
  • No Hunter Shall Slay Another Hunter.
  • No Hunter Shall Interfere With Another's Hunt.
  • In the Hunt, One Captures or Kills, Never Both.
  • No Hunter Shall Refuse Aid to Another Hunter.
I think that a lot of the enjoyment from these types of threads can come from how writers choose to play them out and what group interactions can be encouraged through this form of RP. The above Bounty Hunters Code for example bringing some sense of honor and respect to the hunt, while those that fail to abide by the code could be lit up for other Hunters to bring to justice (as far as the Guild is concerned).

What accolades and benefits a Bounty Hunter receives for keeping to the code, and what consequences there are for breaking it is an area worth exploring as far as us hunters are concerned.

Discord Channel: It would also be nice to have a section on SWRP Chaos that sends out notifications via discord when a new bounty has been posted, similar to new threads and faction adverts being posted on the board.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most people don't do anything that results in a bounty being made because usually anyone who would earn a bounty is the heads of state of a given faction, so the general way of dealing with that is through an invasion. Or series of invasions. et cetera. (and to clarify, I mean most of the people who bother people enough to warrant the effort to make a post in the bounty boards, not people who might do some kind of crime or something.)

I somewhat agree with this line of thought but I think it's more that the only people who get noticed are the heads of the states etc. Even in the larger Invasion threads it's a lot more difficult for "the little guy" to get noticed. So there might be some people out there doing bounty worthy things but nobody really catches on to what they are doing?

My suggestion would be we put together some type of criminal faction (or boost one we already have). I know Darkwire was around but they went minor and I think the EE has a Black Sun chapter. But if we get a criminal group actively doing criminal things then we could play a little game I like to call...

e.gif

We could do a criminal spot light where we all get to "meet" the criminals doing the bad stuff. Sort of like a wanted list for crimes that criminals have committed. Then people could post bounties based on those crimes.

another thought….
Maybe we have criminals we just don’t have anybody turning them in to be rounded up?

Maybe part of the bounty hunters guild should be a group of investigators who are like detectives that look for the crime? or like business reps who go out searching for bounties. Companies pay big money to people that build contacts and find customers. Maybe the Guild needs some of those ?

Vrun Ryssic

V
another thought….
Maybe we have criminals we just don’t have anybody turning them in to be rounded up?

Maybe part of the bounty hunters guild should be a group of investigators who are like detectives that look for the crime? or like business reps who go out searching for bounties. Companies pay big money to people that build contacts and find customers. Maybe the Guild needs some of those ?

The Bounty Hunter's Guild has recently come under new management and this one is in the process of refreshing the Faction's forums, livening things up for our members.

I have a few ideas such as specific ranks that members can climb for notoriety within the Guild and perhaps a wider reputation among the Galaxy. I also want to establish a location for the Guild's use such as an Asteroid Base.

The Guild also has access to a Shadownet Broker who is capable of gathering information on job listings and target intel, thanks to Matt the Radar Tech Matt the Radar Tech (The creator of the Guild).

The Bounty Hunter's Guild has recently come under new management and this one is in the process of refreshing the Faction's forums, livening things up for our members.

I have a few ideas such as specific ranks that members can climb for notoriety within the Guild and perhaps a wider reputation among the Galaxy. I also want to establish a location for the Guild's use such as an Asteroid Base.

The Guild also has access to a Shadownet Broker who is capable of gathering information on job listings and target intel, thanks to Matt the Radar Tech Matt the Radar Tech (The creator of the Guild).

that sounds like a pretty sweet set up. Maybe you guys could go after some NPC bounties until everyone gets the itch and it takes off

bounty hunting needs a credible reward system. Yes, its all about the story but in this day and age folks want reward and gratification. Its why the map game for major factions is so essential.

like a point system? We could probably do something like that. Make each bounty worth a point or how many points. Keep track in a thread of who gets what points. Put it in our signature. Then if it takes off I bet the staff would be willing to build it in somehow. It would show we were pretty serious about it.

Vrun Ryssic

V
bounty hunting needs a credible reward system. Yes, its all about the story but in this day and age folks want reward and gratification. Its why the map game for major factions is so essential.

I agree completely, the incentive to want to go the extra mile as an individual bounty hunter.

like a point system? We could probably do something like that. Make each bounty worth a point or how many points. Keep track in a thread of who gets what points. Put it in our signature. Then if it takes off I bet the staff would be willing to build it in somehow. It would show we were pretty serious about it.

Within the Guild I could organize some sort of points system depending on the number of successful bounties that dictates who rises up said ranks/roles within the faction perhaps. It would take some planning but it's certainly doable.

This doesn't solve the issue for those outside of the Faction however, which is a large number of players present and future.

Vrun Ryssic

V
I'm not sure how you get more people who aren't bounty hunters to post bounties. Unless there was some sort of reward for that too. Or some incentive.

I was more considering those outside of the Faction itself, as this thread's concerning Bounty Hunting as a whole and I don't want to appear to be hijacking it for the sake of the Guild. Wanting to see these changes come into play for everyone on the Site.

I can do these things on a much smaller scale but it doesn't change things for those who wish to be independent.

So what kind of reward system that the site can handle easily with out impeding upon Chaos staff that gives incentive for both hunter and prey to for-fill? Its been a question asked through out the years and yet to be answered/solved.

Vrun Ryssic

V
So what kind of reward system that the site can handle easily with out impeding upon Chaos staff that gives incentive for both hunter and prey to for-fill? Its been a question asked through out the years and yet to be answered/solved.

Those with Bounties on their head's typically have a hard time getting around as they would be having to keep a low profile. It would be an interesting concept to see this applied to the meta of Characters and their interactions on the board such as not being able to participate in certain events, or adding a handicap to their time spent within said events.

Take the Oblivion Event for example, someone with a Bounty could be given a certain handicap of, say...-Being isolated, unable to have allies in the given situation. This is just a thought of course. Realistically I'm not sure that exact scenario would be a good idea but it's something to get us brainstorming I guess.

Perhaps being unable to purchase tech from the marketplace, as they're able to be tracked through said system. Being restricted to tech they manufacture themselves?

Those with Bounties on their head's typically have a hard time getting around as they would be having to keep a low profile. It would be an interesting concept to see this applied to the meta of Characters and their interactions on the board such as not being able to participate in certain events, or adding a handicap to their time spent within said events.

Take the Oblivion Event for example, someone with a Bounty could be given a certain handicap of, say...-Being isolated, unable to have allies in the given situation. This is just a thought of course. Realistically I'm not sure that exact scenario would be a good idea but it's something to get us brainstorming I guess.

Perhaps being unable to purchase tech from the marketplace, as they're able to be tracked through said system. Being restricted to tech they manufacture themselves?

This is giving me an idea for some sort of ‘Outlaw’ rank system. Gonna let that fester and grow in the brain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom