Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Soon Is Now?

Ria knew little of Ryloth, let alone who lived there. All she knew was that being here was supposed to help, or so she was told. Ria didn't feel odd being on Ryloth, but she felt a twinge of emotion when the ship left. Spencer said that it'd make sense when it was all over, and yet as Ria looked at the information given she sort of wondered what that meant. Becoming human again was a trip in and of itself, flow-walking with Spencer had helped but it didn't quite match the sensation of actually walking with your own two legs rather than four legs and a tail.

She adjusted the collar to become a bracelet on her wrist. Steps onto the trail to the speeder outpost, she was supposed to head to the capital, Lessu. There she was supposed to meet [member="Katrine Van-Derveld"], Spencer had given her some more information afterward but didn't stick around. Something about Ashin and that was that, Ria didn't pry, well she didn't have to. She spent nearly two years as their feline companion and knew them well enough to know - when to just walk away. That said, the blonde did mention to Spencer that she'd still be there for her whenever she needed.

And maybe, just maybe this is what that was all about.

It was strange receiving a message from a family member she'd never met. She recognized the name, Nona spoke of the twins often enough while she was growing up though she imagined Spencer, like Aston, was much younger than and not quite where Nona had said she was in her life so Katrine kept her response to the message to a minimum, careful not to reveal any of that future to the other Hawk. Spencer was sending [member="Ria Misrani"] to her on Ryloth. But hey, Katrine Van-Derveld was nothing if not up for an adventure. The name didn't sound too familiar right now which just sparked her curiosity as she'd made her way to Lessu.

A small hologram had been all that she had to go with the name, which she'd found useful as her eyes had laid on the blonde and realized, without any doubt, that the woman making her way in her direction was not Force Sensitive. There was no signature within the Force. Katrine didn't usually hang around people like that unless it was a Confederacy business so it made her wonder even more just what Nona had in store for today's adventure. Nona, in her long life experience, did things within reason and with wisdom. Katrine was usually the first to question them, not because she was questioning her Hawk Matriarch but because she was curious by nature. Today, she hadn't gotten that chance as she approached the other female. "Mia! Hi! I'm Katrine. Or Kat. Whatever works for you is fine. What's Spencer like? I've never actually met her, only her twin. Aston is awesome." The ramble of words hadn't been intentional at all but she'd been wondering for a while now what the other twin was like so she hadn't been able to help herself once she'd actually met someone who actually knew her.

Ria took a moment to look Katrine over and responded, "uh Spencer? I- wait, Spencer has a twin?"

Then again, Spencer didn't quite talk about her family and most days Ria had been more preoccupied with exploration or running at the sound of chips being shaken in a bag. Lessu's atmosphere continued to bustle, people going to and from and the former house pet turned human again found it strange. That and resisting the urge to just scratching behind her ear, still, the flow walking she did with Spencer helped a lot with this. Katrine looked... okay she didn't really look like Spencer, well sort of? The Vertical City girl did however decide to get one thing settled, "and um it's Ria, not, not Mia."

"Twin," she went back to that bomb, "um well, Spencer is Spencer? I mean she... she's..." She's actually kind of terrifying but actually just an adorable bean, but Ria couldn't really find the words to express that properly. "Her hobbies include collecting the ashes of her enemies? Eating cake, snuggling with Ashin and watching horror movies on Holoflix."

Probably not what Kat meant, but there it was nonetheless.

[member="Katrine Van-Derveld"]

Unexpected reaction in the other blonde when she mentioned Aston made Katrine tilt her head and look at her. "You haven't met Aston? Bad Spencer!" She declared in all seriousness. Katrine loved Aston, he was an awesome friend. Sure, he was family but he was pretty high up on the same tree that she didn't even feel like calling him, Uncle Aston. It would have been too weird for her, especially at this point.

Ria. She blinked. "Oh. Sorry! Wait, Ria? How did you get named Ria? Did they shorten your name? I must have heard the message wrong. That never happens to me." Kinda embarrassing for lack of better word considering Katrine's memory capabilities though rolling the message back in her head, she knew she heard wrong which caused the mistake. "It's nice to meet you, Ria. I do like it." The name, that is.

Her new friend seemed to focus on the twin part though she described Spencer and Spencer. That made sense, she supposed. That would be how she would describe some people she knew, unable to come up with something to call a person she just knew. "That makes sense. I mean, for you. I'd have problems explaining someone who I just simply know and don't think about explaining."

She was definitely hearing herself, hearing just how much she was talking. And not just her. Respiri! Ceta suddenly whispered into her ear even if she couldn't see her at the moment. "Wow. Sorry, a lot of talking. That hasn't happened in a while." Ceta was probably right, she needed to breathe. And as she did, Ria told her Spencer's hobbies included collecting ashes of her enemies, eating cake, snuggling with Ashin and watching horror movies on Holoflix. Katrine nodded so very slowly as she processed it before she'd address everything. "You should tell her collecting ashes of enemies is not good. She's keeping them connected to her. Their spirits may be lurking around and giving off a bad vibe." First thing. "Cake is delicious. I've heard of Ashin! Nona says she's dark but she loves Spencer plenty and that's what matters." Second and third thing. "I love horror movies. They're so much fun. Do you?" She wasn't sure. Not everyone did. Katrine had found that a great many people didn't like them but they also liked comedies which she didn't.

It was busy all around them and Katrine didn't feel like just standing in the middle of the street that she reached her hand out to catch Ria's with every intention of dragging her away. "Come on, let's get out of here! I'm gonna show you Ryloth!"

[member="Ria Misrani"]

Ria held a hand up in the air, with her index finger pointing upward and the rest folded down. Her mouth was agape but no words came forth all she knew at this point was that she was being dragged. It wasn't often she got dragged away by a pretty thing. Actually, she never got to be dragged away by a pretty thing, so she was certainly accepting of this. "Uh well, I'm uh, not sure HOW-" the girl from Vertical City yelped, "I got named Ria, but uh my last name was short for the miserable runt, Misrani so I'm sure my first name means run?" To be quite honest, Ria stopped asking what her name meant because every time she did Sotta had another lashing to give her. And, they were never fun - nope not in the slight-.

"And uh, no, not really I mean I didn't mind horror movies with Spencer mostly because I was a cat and I just y'know didn't care but um, I don't..." Ria began to ramble, "you know maybe that's why my litter box was always clumpy." Did Spencer actually place the ashes of her enemies into Ria's litter box? Er Mittens, "wait um so uh, I-" Still be dragged around Ryloth.

"Who's Nona? Is Aston a twin boy or twin chick? Uh it's fine, I mean they called me all sorts of things on Nar Shaddaa, where are we going?" She managed to get out.

[member="Katrine Van-Derveld"]

Katrine wasn't looking back to see the adorable reaction of the other girl to being dragged away but when she looked back at her, it was because Ria began talking again. Apparently, the last name meant miserable runt so Ria might have meant run. It made Katrine laugh, head dropping at the sound of it. "Wow, sorry, I don't mean to laugh but it's kinda funny." Maybe not to Ria? Her laugh was interrupted with a cough when she considered the possibility.

Ria moved on to answering her about horror movies. She didn't mind them. "Most people don't so it's a good thing you do," Katrine commented though after Ria talked about her little box, making Katrine pause and look back at her. Not the litter box itself but the fact that it took her a second to recall. She'd talked about the ashes before she'd talked about horror movies and Katrine had an issue with questions being answered out of order. She also didn't miss the part about Ria being a cat but it almost flew right over her head. Katrine was, after all, a species that transformed into a wolf at command. "What kind of cat?" She did however ask. Katrine might have just assumed the cat thing was normal since it was being brought up.

More questions. Who was Nona? Was Aston a twin boy or twin chick? Kat smiled as another question came in but she just kept moving. "Nona is my great great grandmother. She's Spencer's and Aston's Mother. Aston is a twin boy," she answered the first two questions then proceeded to the last one. "I don't know. You wanna go shopping? You wanna come meet our Rancors? We have different Rancors than they are on Dathomir." It didn't really occur to her to ask if she'd seen one, they were far too common in her family that they were family.

[member="Ria Misrani"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom