Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many credits does the average person have?

Before everyone starts bombing you with a bunch of different answers.

Keep in mind that the difference between rich and poor are in the Star Wars universe insane. A good income depends on your current standing on the social scale. How much dept you're already in. If you already own something, etc.

(Also, keep in mind people widely disagree on how much 1 credit is worth)

[member="Zhainah Icecore"]

I think it's safe to say that, due to this site's timeline, most every civilian carries around just a credit stick (equivalent to our debit and credit cards). So, if you're thinking of doing a wave of pickpocketing, you're pretty much facing the problem of getting money out of the credit stick before the account is frozen and transactions are denied.

Food stuffs are typically in the single digits. For instance, an alcoholic drink will probably cost 3 credits. A good meal is 5 credits. In KOTOR, civilians and low level enemies had less than ten credits on their person. Higher level enemies had around 20 or more credits. Big bosses held 100 or more credits.

Honestly, the best thing to do is to consider the people you're targeting in your roleplay and think about how much these people would logically have on them. I don't think an RPJ will get on your case for finding a hundred credits on a civilian, but common sense and other role players will call you out if you're coming up with a ridiculous amount of money from illogical sources.

However many you want. A blaster cost anywhere between a few hundred credits to a few thousand. A small ship could run you about 20,000-60,000 credits. As long as you're not claiming to have hundreds of millions of credits with no solid source of income nobody will bat an eye. Buy what you feel your character could logically afford.

I wouldn't put a hard number on it unless this is for a very specific story purpose. There's no accounting of character's IC wealth here, so restricting yourself is more of an unnecessary hindrance than anything. But if you have a specific reason to say your character has only 10,000 credits then sure, why not?

I'll give you two examples:

Jamie here is a member of a noble, wealthy family on Naboo. She can reasonably afford most any common luxury. Could she buy a capital ship though? No, not without bankrupting her family.

My other character though, Seraphina, was the owner and operator of a shipwright company which was sold off for a very large sum of money, which she then used a small portion to open another company. She could buy a star destroyer if she wanted to, and still have a sizable wealth.

Though in either example, I wouldn't put an exact number down, because it's rather pointless. You just have to figure into your character's lifestyle and how much they could logically afford to buy.

Matreya

This char is a multi-mellenia old char, one that for a time lived in poverty as a means to teach himself to want less, all the while making a constant income as a Bounty Hunter. Plus for over a decade he ran a wealthy organization. I place his wealth high enough to buy basically whatever he wishes.

My alt Dark Knight? He has a few thousand cap at any one time.

Matreya? The middle between the prior two.

Basically just remember that the credit chip could be anywhere from $3-$25 assumably. With that in mind, and roleplays to accumulate funds rather than hand wave, and you will be fine.

This aint KOTOR tho. [member="Jack Mirrikh"]

Im set enough to handle myself.. And if you want to be too just go rob a bank. Or rob the banking clans. It will be hard and dangerous and you will be branded a fugitive and have a massive bounty but its worth it

[member="Saverok"]

It is the Star Wars universe, though. KOTOR (and its "good" ending) is canon all the same. Our timeline continues off of past canon. All I'm saying is that you can consider money the same way KOTOR did.

Matreya

[member="Jack Mirrikh"]

Wasn't Kotor millennia before the movies??? This a millennium after the movies. In a matter of 60 years money in the us has changed beyond drastically.

In millennia? Lol don't even wanna know

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Zhainah Icecore"] Don't use hard numbers. Just keep your expenditures off screen and within the reasonable sphere of your influence and power.

The only time in the past 10 years I've ever had to use hard numbers was when paying a Bounty Hunter. That's it. If you can aim to do the same? You'll be golden. Forever. :D

Ignore what everyone is saying. lol. Go your 10.000. It can pay the rent and keep you fed. Develop your budget from there later as your char grows richer.

Zhainah Icecore said:
[member="Lily Kuhn"] Damn it you want me too be richer and richer. I just said 10,000 now this turns up.
Well, how about this - what planet are you looking to be living on?

On Coruscant 10,000 credits is lower-class annual income, which is basically like making 22,000$ a year in the US current day by cost of living standards. Sure, it's enough to pay the rent and eat and keep the bills at bay, for the most part, but it's not the median income.

Assuming you mean the middle-class individual annual income, like dead-on average civilian that makes the middle of the road per year in credits, you're looking at quite a bit over this - on Coruscant.

If you switch to Dagobah, for example, 10,000 credits becomes a gold-mine. Same with Tatooine and other poor worlds.

All depends on where you plan to be staying. For most developed, "rich", worlds, I'd suggest going quite a bit over 10,000. Maybe 40-50,000 if you're looking to still have difficulties getting by, but 10,000 is pretty poor, or at least low income if not impoverished.

Did Someone Order a War?
It gets really vague and differs person to person.

Which given how many starsystems there are out there makes sense if you think about it, different states of wealth and poverty.

[member="Lily Kuhn"] Beat me to it :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom