Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Far Can I Take This?

Andrea Kryze

Innocence and Killer Instinct
Ello,

I've seen a lot of "popular character parodies" throughout time here on the site. I saw a snowman (Frozen) and a blue sith who loved dancing (Megamind) I have an idea now myself that will make eyes role: sith in the yellow hat and not-so-good little lurmen (that monkey like species from the Clone Wars)

Before doing that though, I have a question to ask., How far can I take this? Like, the characters here have obvious differences than the originals from Disney and Dreamworks animations. I would still like some extra details before going through with writing these two dark siders of yellowness and curiosity; like where it may draw the lines on things and such.

Apologies if this is the wrong place to put this thread. This seemed like the best place.

Thank you,
~ Elvira

Jan VonFowl

Part-Time Party Crasher
[member="Andrea Kryze"]

As the guy who formerly played the megamind guy, and currently plays Doc Ock and a couple of other kind of obvious character bases, I'm gonna say you're welcome to take it as far as you want...

[member="Andrea Kryze"]

It is less of a question of how far can you take it and more of a how believable of a concept can you make it.

I mean come on we have a Sith Sorcerer EWOK that is probably the greatest thing I have seen in a long time. More important than that is the writer of said Ewok makes it so believable you can actually see it being a real thing Lucas should have done. ;)

Sith in the Yellow Hat

you don't know the power of the yellow side
[member="Vengeance"] A sith who loves all yellow and wants the galaxy to be yellow? ... that's totally realistic. :p I'm still working on a lot of the concepts, and adding a pretty sad backstory to one of the two.

[member="Ryn'Dhal"] Thing is, I want to expand both characters and stuff. I can see an ataru using, brown, tailess lurmen with four lightsabers at master level. (master level, not sith acolyte level) So making one like, an NPC wouldn't cut it for me much :/

12. Plagiarism is not allowed.

Basically don't outright rip the entire concept of the characters from Curious George (don't use the names, change some things about who they are) and have them fit into the setting of Star Wars, and you'll be fine.

Also you can have both characters on the one account. We've had people do it before for twins and the like.

Bhaltair Dhimani

A little Ruff can go a long way
[member="Andrea Kryze"]

Don't directly reference the material your character is based on. I refer to Hulk as "the other guy". It also helps that the Ren-Popo is an approved species here on SWRP. With Matthew, I made key changes in the backstory to be very similar, yet have a star wars Coruscant theme. I also based his power level and his character on the Netflix series, Daredevil. Poro isn't hard. I just have him do all sorts of adorable things and change color. I listed Mordecai's species as Drall, which is a star wars species. He's a scientist, but he has a fascination with robots and making destructive fire power, like Heimerdinger.

It's really just a lot of obvious references wrapped in Star Wars. As long as you aren't blatantly copying other things and you're applying it properly in the Star Wars setting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom