Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How far ahead do you plan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
None. I can't plan for how other writers will interact, and how the story will pan out. Planning rarely works out as intended (though usually for the better), and as such I just live from RP to RP.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
With Alachei, I only plan things related to faction machinations or take requests if someone wants to thread with me but otherwise I wing everything. With Aynea/Ashelotte, I literally planned nothing up until recently, because the character got stale and the only way to continue to enjoy playing her at the moment was to actually do things I wanted to, when I wanted to and as I wanted to. My next character to replace this one, Saera, is going to be pretty much like Alachei in that respect; unplanned and primarily in open threading.

Relationships and fights are two things I usually don't plan, unless it's either a promotion trial or a Restricted Item challenge.

Lilith's life is planned out. I don't plan the smallest details, but I have planned out every act. They are not plans I never change or anything... They have already changed many times. For example, the tragedy (and the third act) are something I came up with only a few weeks ago. Before that, I thought Lilith should start taking control over a tribe on Zahat'n'ira. And the Council of Sorcery... and joining the One Sith. And the Arcian Star Kingdom... There are so many changes, but I have kept the overall goal. Even though with every change, the time when my final plan succeeds changes.

Not Ordo

Just under the upper hand.
I plan for at least three of my charaters to die soon, but how I'm not sure yet. I have to get with people and brainstorm Ideas.
Characters who Die
Kalordo Lah [event or invasion death], Lews Therin [event death/ boss death], Shimmra Rapuung [death against a Master or field marshal equivilent maybe in march of madness]
Talon is finally in process for his new story arc that was planned from his creation. (if it hadn't worked out he was going to get the axe.)
Vaudin is up in the air.
Yinch is just starting but there is a plan and it will probably take many months.
Ordo is nearing the end of his current state and needs me to come up with a new direction but I have at least one arc that is in process right now.

I have a very long term goal in mind, and have had it since the creation of both Thurion and Thyrian. They are brothers, and were separated by death when still children. So naturally, they must be reunited at some point. This will be the climax of their story. Once it happens, anything's possible.

For Thurion, I know he is going to at some point in his life return to the Jedi, who he abandoned in order to come with his then master, @[member="Asha Seren"]. Becoming Jedi Master is something I wouldn't disapprove of, but it is in no way mandatory. In his twilight years, I want him to open an orphanage on Coruscant for children of all ages and backgrounds. His story began with the burning down of his home, and it will end with him building a new one. Having @[member="Kida Ravos"] by his side this whole time helps too. :3

As for Thyrian, he died at the hands of the Army of Light during 'Operation: Hammer', and only recently (today, in fact) he was raised from the dead once more, this time into human form, and has retaken his place at his master's side. There are several things still to be occur in his story arc, such as the reunion between him and Thurion, of course. I won't go into spoiler-territory, but most of it involves @[member="Darth Kyros"]. ;)

I have a number of long term plans, goals for Akio and stories I'd like to write. Usually the goals are gerneral, things Akio would be trying for. Then as things happen the goals change to match changing circumstances. Akio seizing control of the Empire and making himself Emperor because he felt it was the best wat to serve the Empire was a plot I planned for nearly two years before it happened.

For Moira I have a number of plans. In the very general sense of what she wants to achieve, namely process all organics, and in the more short-term sense in the form of objectives to acquire resources for Archangel and increase its power, serving the purpose of driving the supreme goal forward - raids, business deals, resources to acquire, though these aren't set in stone.

Siobhan is...different. For one it's a difference in characterisation because unlike Moira she's not a planner. Moreover, she's a follower. Back in the old days the general drive was wipe out the Bando Gora, be Tegaea's right arm and conquer territory for OP and make it stronger. Don't have any long or short term plans for her now. Currently she's aimless and drifting.

Oram Thorne

Darth Nox // Dark Noble
I tend to go with the flow with my characters as they are. Their past is sorta planned out, but I am always open to new ideas, or plotlines. i generally take things as they come along the lines of adapt, improvise, overcome :)

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
Whenever I make a new character I tend to have some sort of end-goal for him planned, in lines with his IC motives and personality. But usually it gets side-tracked and ends up being something completely different. So now I just have fun, RP and see where it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom