Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Do You Like To Fight?

For me and my character (Jack Mirrikh), I've found myself just making up my own kind of fighting style (although I'm sure someone will look at my post and say, "Oh, no! That's actually Soresu!" or something). I use a mixture of Force slinging, kicks, punches, acrobatics, saber throwing and strong strikes. But, then, I started playing Force Unleashed again...and I realized that I've been subconsciously copying Starkiller.

As I've played Force Unleashed, I've been gaining a greater understanding of how I like to fight. It makes me feel more confident in my ability to write up combat. How would you describe the way you fight using your character(s)?

I fight quick, close, and methodical. Sometimes the actions probably seem easier to read, but other times I throw in a sneak attack (especially if I'm using two sabers a la Jar'kai). Granted, that's only with a lightsaber or normal-length sword.

With a spear I stay out of their reach while fighting within mine, utilizing space and fast, hard, strikes to chip away at defense and aim for openings. My best defense with a spear is my offense.

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
with someone i trust and like dueling like [member="Shmi Labooda"]

but style wise, depends on the characters. some are hotheaded and going to be going all out other will be careful. Matsu fights by weaving in and out between styles and forms. Keep the element of surprise.

Good question. I have to admit that I use mostly canon forms of fighting, at least with Force Users.

However I had a character who wasn't traditionally trained by the Jedi or the Sith, and in that circumstance, I described her saber background as rooted in fencing and described it using fencing stances and terms. The closest thing would be Makashi, but the character wouldn't have known what that was.

On a related note, I really enjoy reading prose from someone who writes martial arts well.

[member="The Noble Scoundrel"]

Raachwaroo

Furred Fister, Brown Boxer
[member="The Noble Scoundrel"]

OOC: I actually participated in street fights in Louisiana when I was younger. So what I've picked up as being really strong is side-steps controlled bursts of small flurried punches. One big thing is that realistically unless you are trained in martial arts kicking is absolutely useless. I remember the first time a guy threw a leg at me, they're super telegraphed and lack power without momentum. So they're like a nun-chuck useless in reality awesome in fantasy.

Mobility is the most powerful factor you can have in a fight. If you bounce faster, run quicker, and strike harder you will win. Hands down unless the person is more skilled or has better proficiency in one category vastly greater than yours you win. Speed OP.

Strength of course as any 12 year old roleplayer would tell you, "IS SUPER BEST OMG OP!!11!11!!" In reality hell yeah it's strong but it's nothing to rely on. If you land a haymaker gg it's over. But if you throw a hundred hay makers but aren't fast enough or smart enough to redirect without losing too much force you're nothing.

Endurance, probably my second favorite. It combos well with any of the stats and is a must have for a "True" fighter. If you can take a thousand punches and still fight you're one hell of a fighter hands down.

Skill, experience, training you all know this is powerful I wont go into it. Except on this, ten fights is worth a thousand hours of practice.

Spirit, kind of like Endurance. But you know what anime is, they don't jack it up (too much). If you are determined to beat someone and are at least 50% weaker than them but not 60% you can win.

One side note now, elbows and knees are powerful. Watch this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzIRJJxndhQ

sabrina

Depends on character, but my main exceptional dirty. As some of my oppents would testify too.
Though a duel is not about how not to get hit, but how to get back up again.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
With a wild acoustic theater and a frantic manic, and uproarious pace. Aimed at dazzling my audience and bewildering my opponent's deepest sense of adventure. The action should leap off the page like the crash and rise of an orchestra at play. Like thunder. There should be lights and sounds, bangs and booms, and faint glimmers of hope and wild desperation. Grasping gasping glomps of gooey grand gestation's. Maybe even an onomatopoeia or two. Lol. But always with highs and lows, and human nature too.

I try to stay away from tightly squeezed descriptions of miniscule-and-minute martial arts aggravations. For surely, the devil is in the details. But I hate the devil anyway. So damn him to hell with an exclamation point at the end! I aim for heaven and thunder, and the roar of the celestial ocean's storm. Oh yes. The devil will have his day. But my god is the one I write for myself.

Thunderously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom