Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do faction factories work?

Many factions have WIP areas for Factory and Codex entries, is it used instead of the public Factory for faction submissions, alongside it, or just for pre-factory ideas? Or is it used for something else?

[member="Jazzzz"]

I may be incorrect. To my knowledge those are places where factions work on submissions as a group in order to build a factory sub. When they’re ready they take that sub to the factory. Once it is finally there staff look over the sub and then do their whole staffie stuff.

[member="Jazzzz"]
It serves the same purpose as the Pre-Factory section in the Factory Discussion portion within the Factory itself - to allow a prospective submitter to work on their submission prior to formally submitting it to the Factory for review by a factory judge. This has been a common practice because there was not a designated, official, Pre-Factory section within the factory itself until recently. The practice of housing a pre-factory/codex area within a faction allows them to get input from other faction members, have a place on the forum to save their submission in stages (i.e; editing their post to add/remove content), and otherwise refine it so it is ready for a factory (or codex) judge to review.

More or less it is for work-in-progress stuff, things which are not yet ready to be submitted for approval or stuff which you want feedback on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom