Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Are You Liking Your Job, Little Lark? (TGE: Akio)

The Jar'kai countryside was a far cry from the bustle of the Atrisians, yet the peace they had been founding was growing in a slim epoch of disquiet. A lurking shadow rose, one that ran spooks down Aditya Amadis' spine. New responsibilities rested on the shoulders of the Epicanthix Newlywed, her last respite with @[member="Kei Amadis"] a precious memory she wore around her finger and deep in her spine. His energy, his hold on her wouldn't fade like the paper banners of a far off memory, she'd live in what he provided.

Yet, it was no business of her husband which brought the regularly peppy and excitable Epicanthix to @[member="Akio Kahoshi"]'s regal steppes. Dressed not in the leathers and blouses of the travelling mechanic, but a richly demure navy blue kimono, splashes of colour flung upward from the bottom hem up to her waist, tapering off to nestle as a border around a family seal. Well, what would be a family seal eventually. She and Kei didn't have one yet. Maybe the seal of her office on the wide obi-belt? Hadn't thought of that, she'd tugged her hair up into a sweeping up-do on top of her head, peaking in a prim and proper way. Maybe this would help her look more the part of a Senior Prefect.

Walking through the gardens, Aditya had a member of her staff carry her satchel, because to be honest, she was too nervous of dropping it and had tripped three times already in the darn dress. Her knee underneath the thing was a bloody mess. That's what she got for trying to impress.

Sitting in one of his gardens, Akio had a small table adorned only with a pot of tea and two cups waiting to be poured. As always his Imperial Guard were present, but here in the garden even in their bright red armor they seemed to blend in. As if to make themselves less out of place, so their liege could better enjoy the scenery. Not that Akio had ever been the nature type. He much preferred the cold steel of a starship.

When Aditya reached where he was, the Emperor gestured to the empty seat across from him. "Senior Project, welcome. Please sit, we have much to discuss."

@[member="Aditya Amadis"]

Aditya pulled her best curtsey out from the bedrock of her memory and let it fly for the august Emperor @[member="Akio Kahoshi"]. She thanked her lucky stars that her best assistant, an Ensign from Atrisia's outer province had left home a wide-eyed girl and became a sensible, yet companionate young lady that could school her mistress in the art of not frelling up before the Emperor himself. In other words, Aditya had learned how to properly drink a cup of tea. "Sir, I hope you are well."

A bit of the ever peppy smile wafted across her face as she sat down with a prim and pert little sigh. The shoes! Why'd she have to wear the new shoes! "Where would my liege like best to begin? Did I say that right? My liege? I was sure I wrote it down some-eheh. Nevermind Sir." she cleared her throat behind her hand, and let her eyes wander for a second to get back to Prim Aditya instead of 'How ya doin' toots!?' Aditya who threatened to get her fired.

"'My Liege', 'Your Grace', 'Your Majesty', pretty sure I even heard someone trying to push 'Your Highest Majesty' which I must admit has a certain ring to it," Akio said mock seriously. "Personally i find the terms all needlessly complex, which is why I secretly hide notes in the feathers of my fan."

A small smile touched his lips as Akio flourished his fan slightly. While he might be perfectly comfortable with military ranks, the ranks of nobility seemed to be something he had little interest in. Perhaps that was why he avoided dealing with the High Council when at all possible and concentrated on the military and government. Both needing large amounts of his time anyway. Which brought him to today's meeting.

"As you may be aware, not long after I ascended the throne the Red Empress arrived with the remains of her Galactic Imperium. I gave her people a safe heaven, and they integrated themselves into our ranks. Part of that integration included the company Leviathan Imperial Industries. So far it has been entirely under utilized, doing little more than helping us maintain our Galactic Imperium ships. I would like to integrate it, as well as Junbei Hao National, under the umbrella of Imperial Shipworks. This would allow us to steam line our military production process, and better integrate our various technologies."

She couldn't help it, Aditya couldn't hold it in. The woman burst out in a fit of giggles, slapping her hand over her mouth as still the giggles came. "Are you. . . are you serious? Your Highest Majesty? Did... did they owe you a favour? Sir?" That did it, @[member="Akio Kahoshi"] was an intelligent leader indeed to dispel the tension surrounding his young new star. Aditya's shoulders relaxed, she stayed respectful but freed up enough to be as was her way, genuine. "What kind of notes? Funny notes? Whimsy notes? I bet they're all important to the Empire." Business would come, as it did and Aditya dusted off her hands as a servant poured the tea.

"Makes sense. Minimize the overhead and make a conglomerate of idea makers. It'll streamline the process and also give more access to our greatest minds. We'll be able to build on operations, ship building, military supply and the citizenry as another income stream. Who've you got leading the syndicates right now?"

"Just a few prefects that were handy," Akio said with a wave of his fan as he took a sip of tea. "They've done well enough, but were never trained for leading companies in the first place. Once the companies are integrated you can review the prefects and determine if you wish to replace them or not. I suspect the one I left in charge of Junbei Hao would welcome the chance to return to his own field of expertise, though he has not failed in his current duties."

Withdrawing a datapad from his robes, he handed it over to Aditya. "Currently I have Leviathan at Rakata Prime. Shortly after we finished the Jade Cradle shipyard here in the Atrisian system I ordered a second, more extensive shipyard for Rakata Prime. It will be able to process the salvaged material on and around the planet, as well as building any size of military equipment we require. From knives to battlecruisers. Leviathan would make a good base to establish this section of Imperial Shipworks around I felt, making it our main military production hub. Thoughts?"

Aditya's eyes followed the fan, attempting in their whimsy to see if those notes were visible in the feathers. "Review the mooks, got i-I mean Prefects! Prefects. Who is the one you left in charge of Junbei Hao? Anyone I should look out for?" She bowed and took the datapad from Akio's hands, flicking through the information as the Emperor talked. @[member="Akio Kahoshi"]

"Rakata Prime. Our new big girl, she'll have quite the efficiency rating, if the teams follow my plans. I'm fissuring in a reclamation plant to treat the waste water to seep out particulates. We get to keep valuable building blocks that can be broken down to their atomic scales and reconstructed into other materials, and the planet gets better, tastier drinking water. That way in the eyes of the Public, they see Rakata Prime as an employment hub, environmentally sensitive to the surroundings, including space with the reclamations. We get to incite the glee and gladness of the Public, and build bigger everything better and faster than the other factions. Kitting out a ship with supplies built in-house in the same colossal factory will save us 8% overhead on transport costs, right off the bat. Help with the whole eventual planetary encasement thing. What're we doing on Csilla? Any plans?"

As she flicked through, Aditya bit her lip. "I do have one thought. We're spending all these resources building our shipyards and factories to save time and money, but most of our build materials and ore comes from out of house. I say we start our own mining company underneath the Shipworks umbrella to further decrease the amount we're paying for ore. I've got. . . I've got my eyes open at Seltos. There's supposedly a stash of Phyrikite Ore under the planetary surface and I want some. I know it's not exactly close to our space, but Seltos is neutral and off to the side. We could be in and out in a few weeks, with a selection of one of the heartiest, most precious ores in the universe. Good test run for further R & D. With your permission, of course."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom