Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How about some Gardening. (Plantsurge Training)

Alexandra Feanor

The Lady in Silver/Grey Historian
Back to the gardens, that was where she was seen most of these days.

She smiled as her hand urged a vine to curl around her arm as it drew out from where it hung off the tree before her. The jungle of Yutan mixed rather nicely with her studies into the growth of tropical plants against that of her own garden back on Alderaan and it made for the perfect study tool when it came to plant surge. Infact it was so much so that she had decided to hold a public training session for plant surge itself in particular.

She had taken to teaching rather quickly. Holding these multiple sessions without worry of overextending herself. It was after all rather refreshing to pass on what she knew and plant surge was something she took to so commonly these days that it had become second nature to her in ways of use.

It had uses from agriculture to even battle for the inventive. The creation of a forest, a quick building of a vine bridge, even trapping someone's legs with a quickly grown root. It was all up to the imagination and to one's mastery when it came to the use of plant surge. But for today she would have the basics to teach, something painfully necessary before attempting to control the life of a plant.

Celiana had been getting used to the freedom of walking the temple's grounds.

She loved the fact that she could walk around barefoot to her it felt like she had a deeper connection to the force when her feet could make contact with the earth. There had been a break between different training sessions she'd become involved in and she wanted to just learn. There was so much here it felt easy to lose herself in the bustle of things. She still desperately wanted to find the hangars so she could have the opportunity to work with ships again. Needing some quiet time though she continued walking.

As she'd been softly padding along she'd started humming softly to herself an old rhyme she'd heard as a child. "I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warriors for their glory. I love only that which they defend." Turning a corner and opening herself fully to the force she continued walking this time humming the Mando'a battle chant Vode an. Coming to the gardens she saw Master Alexandra sitting before a tree a vine gently curling along her arm. "She has a gift for bringing out life in new ways" Celiana thought to herself.

Softly padding into the grassy area of the gardens where Master Alexandra sat Celiana gently cleared her throat then asked "May I join you Master?"

[member="Alexandra Feanor"]

Alexandra Feanor

[member="Celiana"]

"Alexandra."

The word was spoken as she finished her task all too slowly. "My name is Alexandra, do keep that in mind young one as i am not a Jedi." Her smile set off the otherwise harsher words as she turned her head to look at Celiana for a few moments. "By the way your appearance is actually more timely than you would think. Not many seem to find the oppotunity to visit the garden and even less so with the intent of joining me here. How is it i might be of service Young Jedi?"

Her hands left the vine as it trailed her palm for a second before releasing its hold. Once done though she was able to turn in full and look on the woman who had approached her with nothing else holding her attention. This one reminded her quite a bit of what she used to be, in some ways atleast. This one after all didn't wallow in fear, worrie about what would happen if they let out of sight the treasure they had been charged with. Her memories sparked as her hand drifted to the holocron that she still kept in her robes, one that held nothing but a single message for her and no teachings.

"Forgive me, Alexandra." The words sounded wrong coming off of my lips, the years of training to show those who know more than you respect remained. In her mind anyone with more experience than her deserved the title of teacher at least. "I wish to learn, but it seems as though I keep saying or doing the wrong thing...."

"As Echani it's...difficult to communicate with others outside of the trueness of combat. There's no masks and it to me is a truer expression of self than simply talking."

"Excuse my boldness for asking but how is it that you're not a Jetii?" Wincing at the realization she'd used the Mando'a word for Jedi Celiana apologized once again. "I wish to learn what you can teach me of the force." "As to my being at the gardens... It's peaceful here. I've felt more peace in my time here among this enclave than anywhere else in my short 25 years in the galaxy."

Alexandra Feanor

[member="Celiana"]

She smiled and laughed as the younger one stumbled over her words and nodded. "No need to be sorry, i fully understand your honesty about it being odd and know better than you think about how weird it is for an echani to converse like this. None the less though let me see if I can answer your question." She paused for a moment trying to find the one thing that separated her from being a Jedi. "The thing most different about myself and your order is that i use my passions, my emotions. To me they are a source of power and an idea i brought with me after i left the Sith order. I myself could never be a Jedi as for me to be one would me abandoning those emotions and that is something i am never going to do."

Her pause let her look over the woman again and thought for a moment before rubbing her chin. "I am a warrior, as well as a sage young Jedi, one who follows a philosophy entirely my own and i must say that i understand if you are uncomfortable with calling me by name rather than a title. There have been few who took training from me to heart so i do not blame you if your wish to learn becomes less and less of a desire while you listen to my ramblings. You must also understand, learning from me will challenge some of the Jedi's own teachings, and i must request that you fully understand i do not intend for you to think like me, but rather to simply understand my message and how it compares to the Jedi's. You are a Jedi, not a vagrant like me. Ok?"

Listening to Alexandra speak Celiana felt sad. If being Jedi meant not showing emotion how could she defend others with no emotion involved? "Then as a Jedi I'm to have no emotions? How? How can I have no emotion for anyone?" "I may as well be a droid." She added sullenly. "If you don't mind my asking how exactly do you know about the Echani?"

Suddenly finding a fire inside herself Celiana spoke again, "By the way you're not a vagrant, Alexandra. Vagrants normally won't stand for what they believe in, you do."
"I'll accept whatever you decide to teach me."

Alexandra Feanor

[member="Celiana"]

"All living beings have emotion, but a Jedi is known to control them in such a way that their emotions appear to vanish. Do not misunderstand as Jedi recognize their emotions, they are simply not suppose to act on them. I on the other hand am not restricted by that fact which is why i differ from a Jedi. I will readily use and react on my emotions and as such it leaves me in a bit more of a rash nature... as for how i know about the Echani so intimately, that is a story for another time. Now... if you want to learn, first we will lay down and enjoy the morning air. Agreed?"

"Agreed." From where Celiana had been standing she sank down to a cross-legged position and leaned back. Falling flat against the ground and breathing in then out and back in again waiting for Alexandra's next instructions.

Alexandra Feanor

[member="Celiana"]

Alexandra smiled and let her own body sit down on her legs, staring at the woman as she laid on her back and waited for Alex's next instruction. The problem was though that she had no instructions for the woman before her. Her instruction if it existed would simply be to lay there and wait. To look at herself and look at everything around herself to find just what was inside and see how she connected. Alexandra could not teach that part of this lesson, she could not teach Celiana how to see the world as herself and that was something the girl would need to do on her own.

Celiana layed there with her eyes closed and open to The Force. As she layed there though there was an itch in her mind. "What are you good at?" "How do you see and show others who you are?" Flicking her eyes open Celiana somehow knew Alex hadn't said a word to her she also knew the answers to both of those questions. Mechanical things. Droids, ships, fixing things. "How I've seen others has started changing though but how I show others who I am would be through combat. It always has been. The desire to use her skills as Echani now as a Jedi had never been about the fight itself. It'd been about using her skills her blade as a shield for others. To be a guardian."

The realizations that it had been The Force asking her surged through her consciousness. Sitting up and turning to look at Alex. Celiana asked utterly without fear for the first time, "Alex, are there any you know of who can show me how to use my blade as a shield? To walk the path of Jedi Guardian?" Realizing with a bit of sadness this lesson was coming to a close. A bit more sheepishly Celiana asked, "Also can you give me directions to a workshop close to the hangars and if there are any quarters around there..."

Thinking aloud for a moment "Even if it's just a place to lay my head and store my things it'll be more than I've ever had. Speaking of which I still need to head back to the Enclave's library and grab my boots and things at least here I don't have to worry about people stealing my things...."

Alexandra Feanor

[member="Celiana"]

"A Guardian? That is the more martial oriented path for a Jedi if i am not wrong." Her eyes closed again as she thought about who all exised within the order of the recent time. It was hard to really push the names into certain places due to the fact that they are well, different from her. None the less there were a few she knew about that might fit that place Celiana wanted. "There are several that could teach you that, the ones that i know of though all passed on. It might be prudent to ask your Order's grandmaster rather than me due to the fact of him having a better knowledge of those in your order."

Her smile grew alittle as she heard the woman speak of a workshop and she couldnt but laugh internally when she thought about her own home back on Alderaan. How the only clear place was where she slept and the rest was covered in circuits and wires. It was like a wonderland to her when it came to stuff like that and now. "As for rooms near a workshop, i know where the latter is but not if there are any rooms near it, that is another thing that you will need to ask Master Dorn."

Thank you Alex. If you could point me that way towards the workshop I would very much appreciate it. I've been away from engine grease and electrical parts for too long and I miss working on ships so if there's a workshop fairly close to the Hangars that'd be perfect. Again turning somewhat sheepish Celiana asked, "Alex could perhaps arrange a meeting between Master Dorn and myself."

Alexandra Feanor

[member="Celiana"]

"Set up a meeting for you and king of the stiffs-" She smiled as she said it to herself, almost completely forgetting Celiana was sitting right there before smiling a bit wider. "Sorry, old habit from when i was alone in the woods for months. Still getting used to be around you Jedi... Anyways, im sure if you talked to Master Dorn he would be more than happy to hear from you on your own..." She paused for a few moments before looking at a vine with a sidelong glance. "Im sure though if you need me to, i can set up a meeting for you between him and yourself."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom