Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location House Sonador

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a Headquarters for Sable Interplanetary and a home for Osric Tev Sable on the planet D'Qar.
  • Image Credit: Midhun Francis, {A} {B} {C} {D}
  • Canon: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Links: N/A

7afd403d1342d0860f13b4fc1b478e17.jpg

HOUSE SONADOR
  • City Name: The D'Qar House Sonador Sable Foundry and Residential Nexus
  • Classification: Industrial Complex
  • Affiliation: Sable Interplanetary, Osric Tev Sable
  • Population: Crowded
  • Demographics: 78% of all occupants are Sable Interplanetary droids. Organic residents follow average galactic demographics fairly closely, with humans and human-hybrids maintaining a narrow majority over other humanoid species, and non-humanoids representing a tiny minority.
  • Wealth: High- State of the art technology is the lifeblood of Sonador; its daily work, its constant mission. Despite this, it always feels like there's never enough funding to go around.
  • Stability: High- The TECER Network creates harmony out of chaos, synchronizing thousands of droids and automated systems with the daily schedules of organic residents. With that said, to an organic not privy to the Sable TECER Network, Sonador might appear as a rush of constant unplanned motion; certainly, most first-time visitors are disoriented initially.
  • Freedom & Oppression: While one of the key tenets of House Sondador is liberty, strict company guidelines are enforced throughout the complex. Ion technology, slicing tools, deactivators, and the components to make such things are all heavily regulated. In reality, though Osric Tev Sable is a fair ruler, he is still for all intents and purposes a king.
  • Description: At the foot of a stalwart peak, overlooking the beautiful floodplains of D'Qar, stands a bastion of freedom and diversity. Not freedom from tyrants and war {though this can also be found here,} and not diversity of species or appearance {though this is a fine goal,} but a purer and more noble aspiration. Here is a monument to freedom of ideas. Here is a home for diversity of thought. Here is a place where the lessons of the past and the geniuses of today shape the wonders of tomorrow. Here is House Sonador.
POINTS OF INTEREST
c48680d14fcd77b7b47b4d5c8ec993b5.jpg
261699364c5dc8667997de59dc0c7cfb.jpg
PROEM: Laboratory Campus
Where Sable Dreamers do their very best work. Most of Sonador's organic residents can be found here, in their own workshop. Customized to suit our Dreamers' unique preferences and areas of focus, every Proem suite is equipped with an SIC-9 transceiver, facilitating communication throughout
the TECER Network. Each space is adjacent to spacious living quarters, which give our Dreamers a place to escape to when a problem becomes taxing, and allowing them to live close to their passion. A constant stream of delivery drones bring everything from rare isotope samples to lunch for three, all at the push of a button.

3478aeeb4081c131714147fbcc884e1f.jpg
32da3430ab993c917665992eeff0e020.jpg
VAINA KYTHERA: Residence of Osric Tev Sable
The Chairman of Sable Interplanetary makes his home within the walls of House Sonador. His domicile, the Vaina Kythera, encompasses a private workshop, living quarters, a home office, a landing pad, and the entirety of the Facsimile Kythera. It is a short distance from Proem, as Osric loves to invite his Dreamers up to brainstorm together over a project before a 'family' dinner. It is heavily guarded, not for the sake of the Chairman's safety, but the safety of his Facsimile Kythera; a unique machine that is both delicate and irreplaceable.

ADDITIONAL AREAS:
  • Droid Foundry
    • Extensive component construction and droid assembly plants make up much of House Sonador. The Foundry also features huge repair bays to service the thousands of droids working at House Sonador every day.
  • Reactor Testing Facility
    • All reactor construction, repair, experimentation, and testing is performed in a shielded facility, situated apart from the main campus.
  • Cargo Bay and Loading Docks
    • From raw materials and precious biological specimens to commissioned droid components and food deliveries, dozens of loading bays serve as the lungs of House Sonador; bringing life by pulling in the New and sending it out again once transformed.
  • Landing Pad and Launch Site
    • The House Landing Pad services all shuttles and transport craft, while the Launch Site is the setting for all flight module/aircraft testing.
  • Multilevel Medcenter
    • The extensive hospital serves Sable Dreamers' day-to-day needs, provides care to organic visitors, and is the site of all cybernetic enhancement/prosthetic testing and medical trials.
  • TECER Central Network Hub
    • The Central Hub serves as the beating heart and master control terminal bank for the entire TECER Network. Highly secure and jealously guarded, much of Sable Interplanetary's most prized secrets and technological advancements are stored here.

Security Rating: MAXIMUM
The House Sonador is a veritable wasps' nest of droids; flying droids, walking droids, rolling droids, loading droids, delivery droids. Because Osric believes a droid has a right to be able to defend himself, very few Sable droids are not armed with at least a small repeating blaster or ion blaster. Add this to the fact that every Sable droid at House Sonador is linked to the TECER Network, meaning all droids can 'see' what every other droid can, and one begins to realize why security threats are such a rarity at Sonador. This is a complex that never sleeps, is never slow, and has no blind spots. All perimeter turret guns (concealed, for appearances sake) and security sensors are also linked to the experimental TECER Network, allowing for complete synergy in case of an emergency.
(A complete list of security forces will be compiled once the necessary Sable Interplanetary Factory Submissions have been finished.)

HISTORICAL INFORMATION
When D'CyberTec changed its name to Sable Interplanetary, Osric wanted the event to be more than a rebranding. He wanted a rebirth. So he turned the old corporate headquarters into a fully automated assembly plant, and set out into the beautiful wilds of D'Qar's plains. He found a place where he could begin anew, surrounded by the natural wonder that his predecessors had taken for granted. House Sonador was a costly investment, and turned no profit for Sable Interplanetary for almost 4 years. But once it was completed, it began to more than repay both the planet and the company that had given it bustling life.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ylla Caeli'runa

Y
Osric Tev Sable Osric Tev Sable Hello! Wanted to say that I love the idea behind this sub. There's a lot of potential here. That being said, there are a number of edits to be made though some are smaller than others:

Image Credit | Rather than linking the images themselves, please link the sources (where you found the images) like you did with Image B. This could be an artist's page, a movie/video, or (if push comes to shove) Pintrest. Original sources are best if they can be found. Below, I've linked sources for some of your images. B and C were as close as they could be.​
Permissions & Links | If there's nothing you'd like to add in these fields, please replace the text with "N/A".​
City Name | You seem to be missing this field of the template. Would you mind adding it in and filling it out? It should go just above Classification.​
Location | Please link D'Qar here.​
Affiliation | Add Osric here, along with a link to the character bio, as he's the ruler of the city.​
Demographics | Who makes up the leftover 22% of the population of Sonador? Are there Humans, Quarrens, Twi'leks? If there are any uncommon species that a casual reader can't readily identify, please add a link to that species' Wikipedia page.​
Stability | This feels like the middle of a sentence to me and it doesn't give the impression of high stability. What about Sonador makes it generally peaceful? Are the organics that are there friendly? How does the average organic citizen feel about most droids they bump into weilding weapons? Are the droids friendly or are they only interested in work?​
Points of Interest | Are the points under "To be expounded upon" meant to be included with descriptions and images like the other 2 points? If so, please flesh these points out with details and add image credits as necessary.​
Security | Is there a factory link for the TECER Network? If there is, could you link it here or add it to Links?​
Please feel free to tag me here if you have any questions/concerns or tag me once the edits are complete!

Ylla Caeli'runa Thanks so much for your time and feedback! Here's what I've got.

Permissions and Links, Location, Affiliation, Demographics, Stability, and Image Credit Main Image and A have been edited according to instructions!

Image Credit D is giving me some trouble. 6 pages of Google results gave me nothing but similar wallpaper websites.

Complex Name I was hoping to just use the name where it already is, above Classification in purple. Is every template element mandatory?

Points of Interest I'm not planning on expounding on these at the moment, it's a list of other locations around the complex that I don't currently see a reason to go in-depth on. If they come up in a future thread that might change. I've changed the list from To be expounded on to additional areas.

Security I definitely want to link the TECER Network, the submission for it just isn't quite done yet. Similar to Sable Interplanetary security and delivery droids, I'll have more subs to link soon, they're just not finished.

Since I'm missing links to the TECER Network and others, (And I can't edit the post once its approved) I'm happy to get back to you once those subs have at least been put in Pre-Factory. In the meantime, let me know if there's anything more you'd like me to do with the other areas I pointed out. Thanks again for your time!

~TSD

Ylla Caeli'runa

Y
Osric Tev Sable Osric Tev Sable

Apologies for the delay on this. But, to answer your question: Yes, every element of the template must be used unless it's an optional feature (such as a Force Nexus) per the General Codex Rules. And as for the TECER network, you can always post to the Codex Submission Modification thread once your Factory items are approved to add them here. I think you've explained it well here.

However, all Points of Interest, at least, need a description per the template. Please add descriptions to the Additional Areas or remove them.

So, once that's done and the city name is added above Classification, this should be good to go.

Ylla Caeli'runa

Y
Osric Tev Sable Osric Tev Sable

Those descriptions look great, thanks for adding them! Though, still missing the city name above Classification. I'll need it to be written like this:
City Name: Sonador/House Sonador (whichever works best!)

Having it in purple is great and gives a nice pop of color, but unless it's formatted like the example above, I can't count it as part of the template.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom